ADVERTISEMENT

TCU at Kentucky (Game 1)

It's gameday boys! Bring on the Fighting Lodolo's of TCU. I'll be listening to the call at work. Honestly prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. D1 has the Horned Frogs ranked 16th. If you want to make a statement Mingione, this weekend is as good a place as any to do it.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
It's gameday boys! Bring on the Fighting Lodolo's of TCU. I'll be listening to the call at work. Honestly prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. D1 has the Horned Frogs ranked 16th. If you want to make a statement Mingione, this weekend is as good a place as any to do it.

TCU’s hitting isn’t all that impressive in my opinion. I think UK pitching can keep them in some check and give our offense a chance. However, the pitching for TCU is just top to bottom good. Probably not the most overpowering stuff we’ll see all year, but the depth is very good. Several times UK hitters have relied upon big innings against very weak bullpens to get going and turn a close game into a blowout. They won’t have that luxury this weekend, so we’ll see how they respond.

Reactions: CB3UK
Fogel batting cleanup.. I can only shake my head.

Yea, that seems a bit shaky to me still. McCarthy in this one is interesting as well. I guess they are playing the righty/left matchup. Still, McCarthy hasn't started since the Jacksonville State weekend and you'd think they would have gotten him some work this week if they knew he might need to play on Friday.

Reactions: Aday117
2-0 quickly. Can’t get in a big hole against these guys or it’ll be over quick.

My goodness. Stupp just all over the place. Couldn’t ask for a worse start for the cats.

Cole hasn't looked himself this year so far. Hopefully that changes today.

First hitter grounds one off Stupp for an infield single.

Ground out advances the runner to second.
Nunez steals 3rd. His 8th swipe of the year.

Full count. This is back to back hitters that draw a full count. Strikeout for Stupp. Big out there.

Ground ball base hit up the middle scores 1 for TCU.

1-0 - that's good small ball baseball there.

Double to the wall in the left center alley scores another.

2-0 - not a good start for Stupp. The TCU staff doesn't need a huge cushion.

Sacco up. Passed ball moves the runner to third. Roszel out to talk to Stupp on a 2-1 count to Sacco. 3-1 after the meeting. Walked him.

Runners at the corners for the DH. Stupp up to 29 pitches. Wild pitch scores another run and moves Sacco to second.

3-0 - Disaster start

Stupp finding a groove with the curveball here. Froze him with one for a backwards K to end the TCU first.

Cats down 3

Well, its going to be a long weekend. I hope I'm wrong tho

Ritter goes oppo taco for a base hit to start this off for UK.

Estep goes down looking.

Plastiak home run. The first runs given up by the TCU pitcher.

3-2 - Wow. Didn't expect an oppo taco HR

Fogel with one out gets hit by a pitch. Hit in the foot. So, neither pitcher is sharp so far

Jump works ahead 3-1. Full count now. He's battling. Walked him.

Now the TCU pitching coach out to talk. Fun and interesting first inning so far. Not going how I'd expect.

Harris up. Hit him.

Bases full of Cats for McCarthy, who already has a grand slam on the year. Mingione yelling at the umpire about something. Pop up that drops in for a single.

3-3

Rubalcaba with 1 out. What a crazy inning. Base hit past the diving shortstop.

5-3 Cats

Reactions: TuckyFB
8 runs in the 1st inning. If this pace keeps up its going to be a helluva game

Wild pitch takes away the double play opportunity. TCU bullpen comes alive. Thasher looked to bunt but got mostly balls and draws a walk.

So all 9 hit. Krob struggling but gets a strikeout on Ritter.

Estep grounds out to third.

5-3 UK after 1. Unreal inning for both teams.

Great bounce back there. Stupp just nailed a guy so not sure he’s got much in him today. Who’s are potential long guy this year.

Stupp still not sharp, is this were two mid-week games come back to bite us?

Reactions: Aday117
Good battle back as Stupp was rattled and fell behind 3-0 but gets 4 straight strikes for a K.

Stupp leaves one over the middle and gives up a single

UK making a pitching change in the 2nd. Again... wow.

1 and a third for Stupp. Just can’t have that from your Friday guy.

I honestly forgot about hagenow. Highly recruited, let’s see if he can give us something here cause boy do we need it.

Back to back Ks by Plastiak and Fogel, who Gabriel still doesn't know his name.. jump singles the other way past third and moves up on a PB.

Really like what Jump and Harris bring to this team. Excellent pick ups this off-season.

Ugh. Last game we got Piecoro and Flynn on TV and today, against a top 25 team, we get Gabriel on both radio and TV.

McCarthy goes opposite field into the alley and UK scores again.

7-3

7-3 Cayts??? Doth mine ears deceive me?

giphy.gif

Well this is still Krob actually. Much better inning for him until he loses Estep on a full count. TCU shifted on Estep and he beat them. Or maybe. Looked like it wouldn't have mattered but I'm trusting Gabriel.

Plastiak strikes out after a stolen base by Estep.

Hagenow filling up the stikezone. I'm not sure TCU has the bats to get back in this one, TBH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT