ADVERTISEMENT

TCU at Kentucky (Game 1)

Rubalcaba just early on a curve that he might have murdered if he made contact.

Wild pitch and Harris at third.

Full count.

Grounder to 2nd and they call Harris safe. I think he is. Ball was poorly thrown.

New pitcher is over throwing.

Estep another big hit. Single for an RBI. 13-11

Cats had more runs, hits, doubles, home runs, errors, LOB, stolen bases. Great recovery after losing Stupp so early.

It eats at me that we're calling them ranked 8th. Every poll I saw has them ranked 16th-18th, including the most reputable poll. It's still a big time win, but some random poll ranking them 8th is an anamoly.

It eats at me that we're calling them ranked 8th. Every poll I saw has them ranked 16th-18th, including the most reputable poll. It's still a big time win, but some random poll ranking them 8th is an anamoly.
Agreed with this. Big win for sure! But where are they #8? Are you guys seeing all the other upsets tonight??

Agreed with this. Big win for sure! But where are they #8? Are you guys seeing all the other upsets tonight??

I couldn't find them at 8 anywhere. Not a coaches poll or NCBWA, and not D1baseball.com. D1baseball is the best poll. We use it 9 times out of 10. Lets just stick with it. Lol

Reactions: SeanCain
I couldn't find them at 8 anywhere. Not a coaches poll or NCBWA, and not D1baseball.com. D1baseball is the best poll. We use it 9 times out of 10. Lets just stick with it. Lol
I’ll take this win. I still think our pitching has to improve to do much consistently in the SEC.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I have four tickets that are really good seats but I'm torn between baseball and basketball. Anyone need a couple?
I don’t understand why they could play at 4:00 today but not tomorrow after the 🏀 game. It just doesn’t make sense. They could’ve scheduled later and we could watch both games. 😡

Watching Tennessee v. Texas on MLB Network. Tennessee has a freshman Friday starter hitting 100mph on the gun. He replaced Blake Tidwell, a projected first round draft pick.

Reactions: SeanCain
Overlapping schedules/conflicting start times is not unusual, happens everywhere. Schools avoid conflicts with FB/BB, not so much with other sports.

Might as well try when you can, especially in a huge series on a beautiful day. No reason they couldn't bump it to 3.

Reactions: cats1068
I was watching the softball and baseball games last night. I switched back and forth depending on which one was at a more critical point. Both playing ranked teams and both won. Pretty impressive.

I went last night until the 6th inning, got cold and went home. Nice crowd especially at the start of the game, hope for an even better one today. If you go, try the street tacos they were selling at the concession stand, best ball park food at UK ever!

Pitching by both teams was abysmal, but 9-1 is still a great start for 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT