ADVERTISEMENT

TCU at Kentucky (Game 1)

They're going to review this last play but he looked out.

What a crazy game. This is by far the best UK hitting has looked and the worst TCU pitching has looked.

Fogel with a double past the CF who was playing too shallow. Scores 2 more.

11-8
I mean... his name is on the back of his jersey. How is it possible that he is still calling him Fogler?!? And he said Fogel a couple of times too, so you know he knows he is wrong and still can't fix it!

Reactions: cats1068
If you are going to criticize (like me), you also have to give credit when due. That is how you answer a big inning with clutch hitting.

Agreed. Love that answer. Took advantage of mistakes all game.

Harney coming in.

I mean... his name is on the back of his jersey. How is it possible that he is still calling him Fogler?!? And he said Fogel a couple of times too, so you know he knows he is wrong and still can't fix it!

Gabriel is terrible. Nice guy but so bad. He must have some blackmail on someone because he shouldn't be calling games.

He can't get names right and regularly gets lost. Not to mention that he just has the worst concept of excitement. It'll be a pop up and he'll get excited but call a grand slam like it's a grounder to first.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
I feel like McCarthy has to catch that? He backed up!? I say go get that. If he gets a run so what.

A double and a single has them at the corners for TCU. Not sure how or why they didn't score on that single. Maybe Nunez tweaked something on the double

I feel like Harney isn't too happy with his strike zone. Just getting 0 corners and then he comes in too far and gets hit.

11-9 now.

Full count. Good sliders almost got the hitter. Maybe Harney settling in a bit more as those were close. Free play here as a pop up in foul ground drops. Probably could have been caught. Walked him. Loaded bases. 0 outs.

No one up in the pen for UK.

Whew... lucky. Grounder to first and Plastiak can't handle it and he goes after it and a slow runner gets thrown out by an eyelash.

11-10

Sacco up and Harney finally gets a knee high strike called. Ought to help him get out of this.

Diving attempt by Harris and he drops it and it scores a run 11-11. Wow. Good effort.

I'm calling it now. Tomorrow is 1-0 lol

I guess we lost our CF camera? Ohh, there it is.

Harris having a rough night. Nothing routine. This time he dives and it's over his glove for a leadoff single.

PH in the 9 hole for TCU.

Would love crowd noise in this.

Fly out to McCarthy in left. That hung up on the pitch but got under it.

Roszel out.

Leadoff hitter up. He's done well today. 1 out and a runner at 1. Harney stayed in.

Harney gets the corner and Nunez goes down for the first time tonight.

I think Harney found his groove.

Someone teach Thrasher how to hit grounders and use his speed.

No mention so far tonight of a double header.

Ritter takes one off the helmet. The perfect example of how bad Gabriel is. Zero change in pitch or inflection or anything as Ritter gets decapitated from his helmet.

Estep smoked one to right for a double to put them at 2nd and 3rd. That hit batter looms large as the TCU pitcher was up 0-2.

IBB for Plast.

"Fogler" hahahaha Gabriel just corrected himself and corrected it the wrong way. Said that if he called him Fogel he appologizes, "it is Fogler, obviously."

Fogel can't hit 4th. He had the big double, mad props, but he's just not seeing it well unless it's hung up.

One out and UK leaves them loaded. 9 lob now as we go to the 8th 11 all

Huge wasted opportunity there. Fogle can’t lay off anything off speed in the dirt.

Wow Harney got one at the shins there. That K zone has expanded a lot for him. He had some that I thought were strikes earlier that were called balls and nows its the other way.
2 outs for Harris and Ritter gets a liner out.

They hit those all well but right at people. Something to look for into the bottom 8 11 all

Harris with a single past first. Barely in the line. He's banged up a touch but he'll stay in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT