ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

If it helps, when I was following it quite a bit several analysts said that RKT makes the vast majority of their profits off of re-finances and not off mortgage origination. Therefore, they saw it as benefitting a great deal from the pandemic and lowered interest rates but likely won't benefit as much when the economy comes back.
You convinced me. In on January 12 @ 19.70. Sold at $39.70. Wow.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I may have sold too soon, but my conservative self (fiscally, financially) said pull the trigger. I'll jump back in perhaps down in the 20s.

RKT down 28% right now.......back in the $20's (barely). Well done.

Now, >31% down

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
giphy.gif

76595bd5d8fdcbc68afa6f8b138ddee4.gif

Got back in those QQQ PUTS late yesterday and added today. Also added to UVXY calls late yesterday and again today. Went long PUTS on TWTR today.

Account was still overall a bright red as the miner positions were deep red!! (although I don't think CCJ was red, or if it was, then more pinkish. FCX remaining piece pinkish).

I went bottom fishing (hopefully) by adding some more long calls here: GOLD, KL, WPM.

Gold miners/Gold seem to be at a fairly key juncture/support area here; they are down considerably after having topped in August.

I went bottom fishing (hopefully) by adding some more long calls here: GOLD, KL, WPM.

Gold miners/Gold seem to be at a fairly key juncture/support area here; they are down considerably after having topped in August.
Seems Bitcoin has replaced gold as a hedge but my guess is that won't matter as much if shit truly hits the fan.

I know the market as a whole is going down right now, but what happened to AppHarvest? A day or so ago, they agreed to buy an existing massive facility in Moorehead which would increase their production a good margin.......and today they're down >33%

I know the market as a whole is going down right now, but what happened to AppHarvest? A day or so ago, they agreed to buy an existing massive facility in Moorehead which would increase their production a good margin.......and today they're down >33%
I guess the market sees it as growth instead of a re-open play. I'd seriously consider adding or starting a new position in the next couple days but mindful more pain could be ahead.

Bought back some TTWO at $175 today after selling it at $205 on 2/2/21. Got orders ready to buy lower.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
I guess the market sees it as growth instead of a re-open play. I'd seriously consider adding or starting a new position in the next couple days but mindful more pain could be ahead.

Bought back some TTWO at $175 today after selling it at $205 on 2/2/21. Got orders ready to buy lower.

Ok.....great. As long as there isn't any fundamental change in the company or something.

I bought into APPH with a small position. Mainly because I think it's the future of agriculture, but also because it's cool that it's a local bid-ness. It's quite risky......and I'm holding forever......so, I am tempted to buy more. However, there are a number of better buys that are presenting themselves.

Ok.....great. As long as there isn't any fundamental change in the company or something.

I bought into APPH with a small position. Mainly because I think it's the future of agriculture, but also because it's cool that it's a local bid-ness. It's quite risky......and I'm holding forever......so, I am tempted to buy more. However, there are a number of better buys that are presenting themselves.
Well it's pre-revenue and the expectation is to continue losing money this year. These are not the type of investments that buyers are looking for right now despite it's projected growth.

APPH press release on 2020 results

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRaider22 and lz
Some talk that APPH will soon have to issue some more stock, not surprising, but dilution. Wonder where they currently stand on long term debt?

Some talk that APPH will soon have to issue some more stock, not surprising, but dilution. Wonder where they currently stand on long term debt?
The SPAC merger has helped fund operations for now but you're exactly right. In many similar cases more shares will be offered and dilution will occur. This can create a buying opportunity unless sentiment is extremely bullish which is not the case right now. But in another month or two, whose to say? If the numbers are current on Yahoo, they announced $150 million in total debt in their earnings release on or about 2/25/21.

Reactions: lz
Sold to close 60% of position to take profits on long QQQ Puts and UVXY calls

Went ahead and sold off a little more before the close, retaining 25% of of each position going into tomorrow.

Added a little to long TWTR PUTs.

Added a little to long KL and GOLD calls (longer term horizon/expiration dates). Added small shares to long MTA and EXK.

Saw where TSLA touched and bounced upward with a flurry off of 600.00 to close at 621ish. No current position since closing out all long Puts on Feb 23rd's dive down to 619ish. IMHO holding that 600 is a line-in-the-sand/key area for TSLA bulls. A sustained breach that produces a dive below $600 could spell trouble for those who have pyramided gains on the way up using margin.

The SPAC merger has helped fund operations for now but you're exactly right. In many similar cases more shares will be offered and dilution will occur. This can create a buying opportunity unless sentiment is extremely bullish which is not the case right now. But in another month or two, whose to say? If the numbers are current on Yahoo, they announced $150 million in total debt in their earnings release on or about 2/25/21.
If their produce tastes good and prices are at least reasonable, favorable word will get around. I bought a few shares.

Reactions: jameslee32
Went ahead and sold off a little more before the close, retaining 25% of of each position going into tomorrow.

Added a little to long TWTR PUTs.

Added a little to long KL and GOLD calls (longer term horizon/expiration dates). Added small shares to long MTA and EXK.

Saw where TSLA touched and bounced upward with a flurry off of 600.00 to close at 621ish. No current position since closing out all long Puts on Feb 23rd's dive down to 619ish. IMHO holding that 600 is a line-in-the-sand/key area for TSLA bulls. A sustained breach that produces a dive below $600 could spell trouble for those who have pyramided gains on the way up using margin.
I listened to Meeks today, normally a big tech bull who has pulled back until he gets a clearer picture of interest rates. Meanwhile, I’m hunting for cyclicals with dividends along with commodities. Not much else to do except wait, stimulus might help some, getting a high % of people with Covid vaccinations and infrastructure passing would make things interesting despite some inflation coming from it. Let the Fed juggle it and let’s get the world perking again, hopefully.

"These ownership stakes tie ARK’s hands. If it changes its thesis on a company and wants to scale down quickly, it won’t be able to do so without materially impacting stock prices. It also increases the exogenous risks it faces related to the behavior of its investors. If the firm faces outflows that outpace its ability to sell these stocks, these illiquid positions could rise as a percentage of the funds’ assets, especially as the team has typically reduced its stake in “cashlike” stocks and added to its favorite names during sell-offs. Wood has used Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) as an example of what the team considers a “cashlike” stock. Per her definition, these names generally have bigger market caps and greater liquidity and are “value” stocks with “tremendous call options.” In a scenario where outflows persist and these large, more-liquid stocks are the first to go, the funds’ holdings could become increasingly concentrated in less-liquid positions."

Ben Johnson, CFA
March 4, 2021

If their produce tastes good and prices are at least reasonable, favorable word will get around. I bought a few shares.
I think there should be an ESG element to their investor base as well given their Dutch farming methods. I believe I read that they already sell to major grocery chains as well. Not yet an investor though.

Reactions: lz
Wow, hitting my low for the year today, tech a real dirty word currently, buying drillers and large healthcare, and as usual for me, Banks’ prices seemingly have run up while I remained frozen. 🤷‍♂️

Bulls didn't put up much of a fight at $600. Margin calls this afternoon?

Reactions: jameslee32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT