ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

I hold accounts in both Fidelity and Vanguard courtesy of my last job, which ended in 2010. Will try posting screenshots of both, perhaps tomorrow or Thursday.
Also, I believe Vanguard pays the higher mmkt int rate above Schwab and Fidelity.

Added to PXD and USB. Bought ENPH in a new position with some of the money raised this week. Very small investments frankly with room to buy more.
I got a little PXD as well ... seems a good price, and of course the dividend, though, will have to see if it holds in a recessionary environment. I previously have some ENPH at 196.

Reactions: jameslee32
I got a little PXD as well ... seems a good price, and of course the dividend, though, will have to see if it holds in a recessionary environment. I previously have some ENPH at 196.
I have some OXY, PBF, CEIX, and ENPH. These warm temps have slowed down energy stocks, but they’ll eventually come back. I’m mainly glad we’re currently 75% in Money market funds or Cash. Uncertainty has gotten even more uncertain lately!

Started very small at $200 and set to buy more at $150 for now.

TD Ameritrade users. If you have not logged in over the past few days you may see message below:

"Your account ending in XXXX moves to Schwab the weekend of May 26!"

New interface also looks good.
Just read that accounts won't be available May 26-30 which is a holiday weekend. Friday 8:30 PM to Tuesday 5:00 AM.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
TD Ameritrade users. If you have not logged in over the past few days you may see message below:

"Your account ending in XXXX moves to Schwab the weekend of May 26!"

New interface also looks good.
I use Schwab. Is your new Schwab interface their current one already, so you know? My biggest issue is that their monthly summaries are slow to come out, 3+ days normally. Fidelity much faster. I do like their daily Summary charts.

I use Schwab. Is your new Schwab interface their current one already, so you know? My biggest issue is that their monthly summaries are slow to come out, 3+ days normally. Fidelity much faster. I do like their daily Summary charts.
I also hold a Schwab account (Roth IRA). Have not logged-in since a couple weeks. I'll get back with you on that. As I remember, yes, Schwab web interface changed.

I took those figures directly from my accounts.

Hearing Powell might still raise rates 50 bps. Others on Wall Street say no.

Stay tuned.
The market has continued reversing course with the regional and European bank contagion and now has 25bps priced in. Others think he's done raising rates. Rent and home prices might be the only inflation outlier left. We'll know for sure on Wednesday.

The bear market has most likely ended.

Using some technical analysis that has been mostly reliable at identifying bottoms in bear markets the current bear market bottomed out on Oct 22, 2022 when the S&P Index ETF (SPY) hit an intraday low of 345.2 . The FANG stock are already starting to trend up. The ride may be bumpy yet but IMO the worst is over.

There are still fed governors talking a 6% fed funds rate. If the fed continues on its previous course to eliminate jobs, wreck the economy and the inflation that goes along with it, that might the last thing to upset the apple cart at this point.

The bear market has most likely ended.

Using some technical analysis that has been mostly reliable at identifying bottoms in bear markets the current bear market bottomed out on Oct 22, 2022 when the S&P Index ETF (SPY) hit an intraday low of 345.2 . The FANG stock are already starting to trend up. The ride may be bumpy yet but IMO the worst is over.
Respectfully disagree. S&P earnings will probably be 2.00 EPS in 2023 and 1.90 in 2024. S&P is trading at about a 18x PE multiple now.

Respectfully disagree. S&P earnings will probably be 2.00 EPS in 2023 and 1.90 in 2024. S&P is trading at about a 18x PE multiple now.
Could be, but the counter argument would be that the earnings numbers are already baked into the cake. Also, note I didn't say the market wouldn't have downturns, as I said the ride may be bumpy but the technical indicators point back to October as the bear market low.

Last edited:
I'm mostly sitting out this range bound market in 6 month T-bills yielding 5.4%. I will buy back in at the next 10% correction. The current market multiple is a little rich for me considering a looming recession.

Last edited:
Reactions: lz
People have been quite reasonably predicting this since Marchish 2020 and it has yet to manifest. At some point there has to be an acceptance of a new normal.
The Fed started a rapid hiking campaign less than a year ago and the yield curve has inverted. That almost always signals a recession. It could be different this time. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT