ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Okay. The question is who will become Stoops' next public commitment in the 2024 class. It's a fun question for group discussion.

First, several public commitments normally happen in June. Almost every year. Once in a while, we pick up a commitment in May, but June seems more likely to me UTC.

Next, chances are good it will be a hs player who visits UK or participate in a UK camp in June. Understanding that this list will still grow, here are uncommitted players we know will be visiting UK in June.

June 6

Alex Foster

June 9

Cutter Boley (currently 2025; could reclass)
Cam Dooley
Jordan Floyd
Dominic Kirks
Kevin Heywood
Crews Law
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Antonio White

June 16

Johann Cardenas
Rafael Dunn
Jack Hines
Kendall Jackson
Tovani Mizell
Cameron Monteiro
Caleb Redd
Jacob Smith

Most of these players are highly recruited, and it is unlikely that most players with long lists of top schools will commit this early. Several of these players are thought to be leaning elsewhere. When we rule out players fitting those descriptions, that leaves-

Dooley
Dunn
Floyd
Hines
Kirks
Law
Monteiro
Ross

So if I have to guess who will be UK's next 2024 commitment, I will guess one of these eight. There is also a popular narrative, pushed by this website, that Boley will reclassify and commit to UK next month. If that happens, everyone here will be happy. I hope for it because, among other things, that would provide overwhelming evidence that Coach Coen is having a huge impact. At this moment, nothing is more important than Coach Coen's impact on the program. And there are reasons to believe that Fred Johnson out of Cleveland may be a UK leaner. Johnson has visited Lexington unofficially. In recruiting, time is everything. But if you put a gun to my head this week, I am guessing Monteiro, Ross, Boley, Hines, Floyd, or Dooley will probably become UK's next verbal. If I had $100 to bet on this, I would put $25 on Monteiro, $25 on Ross, $20 on Dooley, $10 on Hines, $10 on Floyd, and $10 on Johnson.
Great summary!! Thanks!!

So excited for football. Cannot wait! Gonna try to upgrade my seats this week. A lot harder than it used to be. Good times.

Okay. The question is who will become Stoops' next public commitment in the 2024 class. It's a fun question for group discussion.

First, several public commitments normally happen in June. Almost every year. Once in a while, we pick up a commitment in May, but June seems more likely to me UTC.

Next, chances are good it will be a hs player who visits UK or participate in a UK camp in June. Understanding that this list will still grow, here are uncommitted players we know will be visiting UK in June.

June 6

Alex Foster

June 9

Cutter Boley (currently 2025; could reclass)
Cam Dooley
Jordan Floyd
Dominic Kirks
Kevin Heywood
Crews Law
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Antonio White

June 16

Johann Cardenas
Rafael Dunn
Jack Hines
Kendall Jackson
Tovani Mizell
Cameron Monteiro
Caleb Redd
Jacob Smith

Most of these players are highly recruited, and it is unlikely that most players with long lists of top schools will commit this early. Several of these players are thought to be leaning elsewhere. When we rule out players fitting those descriptions, that leaves-

Dooley
Dunn
Floyd
Hines
Kirks
Law
Monteiro
Ross

So if I have to guess who will be UK's next 2024 commitment, I will guess one of these eight. There is also a popular narrative, pushed by this website, that Boley will reclassify and commit to UK next month. If that happens, everyone here will be happy. I hope for it because, among other things, that would provide overwhelming evidence that Coach Coen is having a huge impact. At this moment, nothing is more important than Coach Coen's impact on the program. And there are reasons to believe that Fred Johnson out of Cleveland may be a UK leaner. Johnson has visited Lexington unofficially. In recruiting, time is everything. But if you put a gun to my head this week, I am guessing Monteiro, Ross, Boley, Hines, Floyd, or Dooley will probably become UK's next verbal. If I had $100 to bet on this, I would put $20 on Monteiro, $20 on Ross, $20 on Dooley, $10 on Boley, $10 on Hines, $10 on Floyd, and $10 on Johnson. But recruiting is very difficult to predict.
This is about as close a guess as you could get. There are a few more visiting including McRoy. The ones you named are the most likely to commit. Though outside of Bloey. Robinson, Heywood, and Mizell would probably be the biggest targets of the group.

I have no idea, but my gut feeling is that this class could rival 2022’s as our highest ranked.

Online class rankings mean zero to me. Vince Marrow believes our 2015 class has been one of his best, although it was one of our lowest-rated at the time they signed. It takes several years to assess a recruiting class accurately. Some players overachieve, others underachieve. TBH, I did not expect Kiyaunta Goodwin to bust, and I did not expect Josh Kattus to become an impact freshman. But despite Goodwin's flop, early evidence tells us that our 2022 class was pretty much as good as (better than?) we thought at the time. And if Fearbry, Afari, Bingham, Hall, and the Wade brothers develop, our 2022 class can still get a lot more impactful.

So far, Selm and Johnson comprise our 2024 class. Good, solid, projectable prospects, although the fact that they are instate players will almost inevitably lead some in our fan base to overestimate the base case for their impact. The December signing date is still 7 months away, a lifetime in recruiting. But when we look at the 18 hs players scheduled to visit Lexington in the next 5 weeks, plus Fred Johnson and Vaboue Toure who appear to possibly be UK leaners at this time, the early potential for our 2024 class looks great.

Early evidence suggests Coach Stoops is primarily focusing on the following-

QB
RB
OL
LB
DB

Having often been wrong, I have learned that recruiting is full of surprises and impossible to predict. Just to climb out on a thin limb, then, right now it looks like we have a good chance (maybe 50-50 or thereabouts??) to sign-

Cutter Boley
Johann Cardenas
Cam Dooley
Rafael Dunn
Jordan Floyd
Alex Foster
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
Cameron Monteiro
Emanuel Ross
Vaboue Toure

We won't get all of them, but we will sign a significant number of them. If this list pleases you, then you have to be optimistic at this point about the foundation of our 2024 class.

Last edited:
This is about as close a guess as you could get. There are a few more visiting including McRoy. The ones you named are the most likely to commit. Though outside of Bloey. Robinson, Heywood, and Mizell would probably be the biggest targets of the group.
McRoy is probably going to OR. I don't think we can get him. Robinson is thought to be MI's to lose although I still kind of like our chances if his recruitment gets drawn out. Heywood is generally believed to be PA St's to lose. Mizell is OK versus UK with OK having the early advantage. I still don't know what to believe about Boley, other than that the return of Coach Coen is the key for us.

McRoy is probably going to OR. I don't think we can get him. Robinson is thought to be MI's to lose although I still kind of like our chances if his recruitment gets drawn out. Heywood is generally believed to be PA St's to lose. Mizell is OK versus UK with OK having the early advantage. I still don't know what to believe about Boley, other than that the return of Coach Coen is the key for us.
There is always a chance they don't get any of them. Still Robinson is our biggest Def target and Heywood (outside of qb) the biggest offensive target. If they pull off Boley and add a couple of these guys it would def get exciting around here. Add on the guys they get from your most likely to commit list and UK recruiting will be rolling.

Reactions: The-Hack
Haha. Four stars and 46 in Georgia!! Ow that’s just getting me mad. Lol. Good looking prospect for sure and can out run a cheetah. Sing him up. I don’t know how much he likes Kentucky or not and hope we get him, but man we’re getting some speed that I haven’t seen here before. With the great young
QBS we’re on, the portal guys we’ve got and hopefully continue getting, Kentucky is definitely improving the offense. Coen if doing a fantastic job as well as the entire staff. Time to add a few more recruits. Let’s go.

I don't think him being 46th in the state is accurate. Not that many 4 and 5* in the state. On the other site is 35 or so and a 4* but there aren't 46 of them.

There is always a chance they don't get any of them. Still Robinson is our biggest Def target and Heywood (outside of qb) the biggest offensive target. If they pull off Boley and add a couple of these guys it would def get exciting around here. Add on the guys they get from your most likely to commit list and UK recruiting will be rolling.
I'm afraid I don't see us getting McRoy or Heywood. But recruiting is never predictable and, like you say, there is always a chance if you can get them on campus for an OV. And that's the point. Getting these guys here for OVs is a big deal.

I'm going to concur that Brian Robinson is Stoops' most important defensive recruit in the 2024 class. I have felt this way from the beginning. Robinson won't be easy to sign. But we are getting an OV, and he is from Youngstown. Coach Marrow, also from Youngstown, is recruiting him. So our chances are actually not that bad, even though Wiltfong seems convinced Robinson will be a Wolverine.

IDK who is our most important offensive recruit at this time. Most people will say Boley, of course, and that might be right. I think Johann Cardenas is very important for us and I also think our chances are pretty good. His recruitment is a big early test for Coach Boulware, and the news so far has been encouraging. Coach Boulware is also recruiting Tovani Mizell. I have to believe we have a good shot to sign one of them. Given that both are visiting soon and possibly leaning to us, Emanuel Ross and Jordan Floyd are also seeming important. They may not be our highest ranked visitors, but they have good offer sheets and high interest. Of course, getting Heywood's OV is encouraging and it would be exciting to sign him if we can. I don't know exactly what tilted McRoy to OR but it sounds like he is leaning strongly that way now.

Ahem, think the next 2024 recruit class commitment happens Thurs May 18th. And it happens very very close to Kroger Field. A very very important recruit at a vital position!

Just a hunch!!!

I'm afraid I don't see us getting McRoy or Heywood. But recruiting is never predictable and, like you say, there is always a chance if you can get them on campus for an OV. And that's the point. Getting these guys here for OVs is a big deal.

I'm going to concur that Brian Robinson is Stoops' most important defensive recruit in the 2024 class. I have felt this way from the beginning. Robinson won't be easy to sign. But we are getting an OV, and he is from Youngstown. Coach Marrow, also from Youngstown, is recruiting him. So our chances are actually not that bad, even though Wiltfong seems convinced Robinson will be a Wolverine.

IDK who is our most important offensive recruit at this time. Most people will say Boley, of course, and that might be right. I think Johann Cardenas is very important for us and I also think our chances are pretty good. His recruitment is a big early test for Coach Boulware, and the news so far has been encouraging. Coach Boulware is also recruiting Tovani Mizell. I have to believe we have a good shot to sign one of them. Given that both are visiting soon and possibly leaning to us, Emanuel Ross and Jordan Floyd are also seeming important. They may not be our highest ranked visitors, but they have good offer sheets and high interest. Of course, getting Heywood's OV is encouraging and it would be exciting to sign him if we can. I don't know exactly what tilted McRoy to OR but it sounds like he is leaning strongly that way now.
Boley just tweeted what JR and others were saying. Boley will be a cat Thursday. That also answers the question on who our next commit is. I havent been the biggest Boley fan but im fired up about what's about to happen.

I don't think him being 46th in the state is accurate. Not that many 4 and 5* in the state. On the other site is 35 or so and a 4* but there aren't 46 of them.
Got you. Thanks. Still the talent is just amazing there and it would be awesome to live down there if I was raising another young man who wanted to play some college football. Or just a fan of High School football, I am! My son is 25 today so it’s too late to enroll him. Haha. Although I’ve saw a few players looking alot older than him already. I can’t imagine how many players very good players you’ve got see come through there. Especially the fast kids running track. You’ve got a good life Grumpy. We take it for granted sometimes, but a man has to enjoy himself more or it’ll just pass by too quick. Anyway, thanks for the reply and keep an eye open for us with some of those with UK interest.

Boley just tweeted what JR and others were saying. Boley will be a cat Thursday. That also answers the question on who our next commit is. I havent been the biggest Boley fan but im fired up about what's about to happen.
Yes, it does appear to answer the question. With Boley planning to commit this month, it's going to be UK and he is going to reclassify. I don't see any other possibility now.

This is a remarkable job by Coach Coen. He just got back. In a few short months, it appears that he has written a new narrative for our offensive unit and turned our 2024 offensive recruiting class around.

I havent been the biggest Boley fan but im fired up about what's about to happen.
I thought he was not seriously considering us, so it was easy to not feel an affinity.

This whole thing developed pretty darn fast compared to most recruiting dramas.

If all goes as thought, I congratulate Boley on making a wise decision: his early presence in the Class will help assure he is surrounded by similar talent.

Look for several of those other names Rembrandt has discussed to drop by the end of June. I would not be shocked if we have 10 solid commitments by July 4th weekend.

Momentum is big in recruiting, and the only way it could get bigger (faster) right now is if Boley tweets his commitment, in the next 30 minutes.

I’ve pondered since his arrival how far Coach Stoops could carry the program. I still do not know for certain, but can honestly say nothing is impossible for us the next five years.

Let’s see, if you combine eternity with omniscience, add on the Covid year . . . I’m guessing eternity to play three!!
with Jesus and Moses in the backfield, Rain would not be a problem. If it's deep, Moses would part it and if not deep, Jesus would walk on it.

Reactions: JASUN74
Apparently, edge LB Dominic Nichols from Ijamsville, MD, has been added to UK's OV list for June 16. So June 16 will be a huge recruiting day, with at least nine uncommitted 2024 prospects expected to arrive in Lexington that day. Nichols is being heavily recruited by the B10 and reportedly holds offers from nine B10 schools. Last week he received a CB pick for MI. But Nichols also holds at least six offers from SEC schools. So this is an example of a player whose offer sheet is stronger than his online player rating, although his player rating is also good. At UK, he would probably be a Jack LB if his weight holds steady, although he could also fill out into a DE. Good prospect. Coach White is his recruiter.

Glenville hs players Damarian Witten, D'Shawntae Jones, and Fred Johnson are on UK's OV list for June 9, along with Cutter Boley and a group of other interesting prospects. All three Cleveland products are being recruited by Coach Marrow. News of Johnson's upcoming visit has just been reported this week. At this time, Witten is believed to be an OH St leaner. Johnson and Jones have been looking more and more like UK leaners. I do not know whether Jones' UK offer is committable, but Marrow would gladly take Johnson's commitment in a heartbeat. Boley may become UK's next 2024 public commitment, but Johnson is another 2024 prospect who could commit to UK soon.

Got you. Thanks. Still the talent is just amazing there and it would be awesome to live down there if I was raising another young man who wanted to play some college football. Or just a fan of High School football, I am! My son is 25 today so it’s too late to enroll him. Haha. Although I’ve saw a few players looking alot older than him already. I can’t imagine how many players very good players you’ve got see come through there. Especially the fast kids running track. You’ve got a good life Grumpy. We take it for granted sometimes, but a man has to enjoy himself more or it’ll just pass by too quick. Anyway, thanks for the reply and keep an eye open for us with some of those with UK interest.

Everything is winding down for the year and headed towards camps now. Very early in my career I got to see Hershele Walker, from the opposite sideline. He was pretty scarey carrying the ball, but he made kid's want to give up football at middle LB. But you are right, I did enjoy track, still do. This year for whatever reason times weren't what we were expecting. A soph with a 10.16 qualifying time won his class, but it was a 10.32, fast but I was hoping to see him go under 10.10. Maybe next year.

Reactions: jauk11 and JASUN74
Willie Rodriguez now OVing with Cutter, Selm, and Johnson on June 9th. This is one of the guys Cutter said he was recruiting to the school he was going to. 😉😉

June 9 and 16 are going to be huge recruiting dates for us. Absolutely pivotal, because the visitors' list is sensational.

But today is the day Cutter Boley may verbal to UK and reclassify forward to our 2024 class. I don't want to hype this as if I don't understand all the uncertainties involved in recruiting. I was ecstatic when Drew Barker, Matt Elam, and Kiyaunta Goodwin committed to UK. But I didn't even grasp the significance when Bunchy Stallings, Luke Fortner, Benny Snell, and Josh Allen first committed to UK. Such are the lessons of recruiting, and I have learned a lot from them. But there are reasons to be pleased with Boley. First and maybe most importantly, Liam Coen has been back in Lexington for 4 months but has completely turned our offensive narrative around. Last fall, we had no shot to sign Boley. Coen changed that. Coen had a big hand in recruitment of Barion Brown and the Wade twins. The early evidence suggests Coen is a major impact recruiter.

Besides that, I like Boley's elite length and arm talent. He can make all the throws and can see the full field. It remains to be seen how quickly Boley will mature and adapt to the speed and physicality of the SEC game. That's a big step up. I will be in the minority here, but I believe it is unrealistic to expect Boley to start in 2024 unless Coen goes in for a basic offensive restart and rebuild. That should not be the case because our receivers and OL should be deeper and much better 16 months from now. IDK who will be our 2024 starting QB, but I'm going to guess Boley has already bought into a developmental year in one way or another. I believe he is the kind of young man who will accept that challenge and thrive. The very last thing we want is for Boley to get thrown into SEC action before he has an opportunity to participate fully in UK's strength program. An early back or shoulder injury, like what happened to Barker and Ryan Mossakowski, would be devastating. So I believe Coach Coen will have him ready before throwing him to the SEC wolves. But when it happens, we begin to rise to the elite SEC level. I say this, in part, because I can already see a lot of 2022 (and better) in our 2024 recruiting class.

Football school.

Last edited:
June 9 and 16 are going to be huge recruiting dates for us. Absolutely pivotal, because the visitors' list is sensational.

But today is the day Cutter Boley may verbal to UK and reclassify forward to our 2024 class. I don't want to hype this as if I don't understand all the uncertainties involved in recruiting. I was ecstatic when Drew Barker, Matt Elam, and Kiyaunta Goodwin committed to UK. But I didn't even grasp the significance when Bunchy Stallings, Luke Fortner, Benny Snell, and Josh Allen first committed to UK. Such are the lessons of recruiting, and I have learned a lot from them. But there are reasons to be pleased with Boley. First and maybe most importantly, Liam Coen has been back in Lexington for 4 months but has completely turned our offensive narrative around. Last fall, we had no shot to sign Boley. Coen changed that. Coen had a big hand in recruitment of Barion Brown and the Wade twins. The early evidence sugggests Coen is a major impact recruiter.

Besides that, I like Boley's elite length and arm talent. He can make all the throws and can see the full field. It remains to be seen how quickly Boley will mature and adapt to the speed and physicality of the SEC game. That's a big step up. I will be in the minority here, but I believe it is unrealistic to expect Boley to start in 2024 unless Coen goes in for a basic offensive rebuild. That should not be the case because our receivers and OL should be deeper and much better 16 months from now. IDK who will be our 2024 starting QB, but I'm going to guess Boley has already bought into a developmental year in one way or another. I believe he is the kind of young man who will accept that challenge and thrive. The very last thing we want is for Boley to get thrown into SEC action before he has an opportunity to participate fully in UK's strength program. An early back or shoulder injury, like what happened to Barker and Ryan Mossakowski, would be devastating. So I believe Coach Coen will have him ready before throwing him to the SEC wolves. But when it happens, we begin to rise to the elite SEC level. I say this, in part, because I can already see a lot of 2022 (and better) in our 2024 recruiting class.

Football school.
I agee 100 percent. The guys can look amazing in HS, have great recruitimg ranking, etc then bomb. You never know. All we cam do is hope he can develop and bevome our starter in a couple years

Okay.

UK's current 2024 recruiting class-

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY

Today's announcement and reclassification by Boley represent a remarkable acceleration in the unfolding of Stoops' 2024 class. For one thing, Boley's commitment will impact the thinking of other high level 2024 prospects considering UK. A flock of high level 2024 prospects will OV within the next month. When a player with a big offer sheet like Johann Cardenas, Tovani Mizell, Damarion Witten, or Emanuel Ross looks at UK now, things appear a bit different than they did before today.

Okay.

UK's current 2024 recruiting class-

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY

Today's announcement and reclassification by Boley represent a remarkable acceleration in the unfolding of Stoops' 2024 class. For one thing, Boley's commitment will impact the thinking of other high level 2024 prospects considering UK. A flock of high level 2024 prospects will OV within the next month. When a player with a big offer sheet like Johann Cardenas, Tovani Mizell, Damarion Witten, or Emanuel Ross looks at UK now, things appear a bit different than they did before today.
What other in-state kids have commitable offers ?

What other in-state kids have commitable offers ?
Only one I know for sure is TE Willie Rodriquez. Would guess there's more but I don't know who, guess others could emerge this season.

Willie Rodriguez for sure. Coach Marrow has been recruiting him hard. It looks like Rodriguez and Damarion Witten are Marrow's two remaining TE targets.

I doubt any other instate offers are currently committable, although I could imagine Coach Marrow taking Zuri Madison or Darius Wiley next fall under certain circumstances that don't seem to exist now. But the reality right now is that UK's out of state recruiting traction is stronger than it has been in a while on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:
But there are reasons to be pleased with Boley.
I love your balance, your modest understatements, your reminder that some highly ranked kids don’t pan out, etc.

But I suspect Rembrandt was just like The Hack and the rest of the BBN, . . . all calm, mature and analytical on the outside, but running down our respective mental Main Streets, naked, screaming “Boley to Kentucky, Mother-F@&kers, Boley is a Cat, Biatches!!!

Lol.

I love your balance, your modest understatements, your reminder that some highly ranked kids don’t pan out, etc.

But I suspect Rembrandt was just like The Hack and the rest of the BBN, . . . all calm, mature and analytical on the outside, but running down our respective mental Main Streets, naked, screaming “Boley to Kentucky, Mother-F@&kers, Boley is a Cat, Biatches!!!

Lol.
Not really. Sure, I am excited about Boley's commitment. We all are. But football is a team sport. Boley certainly isn't the first highly rated player to commit to Stoops, and won't be the last either. Sometimes I actually worry a little about overreactions in our fan base when we learn about recruiting victories.

So I will just share with you what excites me most about this. As recently as last fall, we literally didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of signing Cutter Boley or any other top offensive prospect. Then Coach Coen relocated back to Lexington. Now, the entire narrative surrounding our offense has suddenly changed. I think Boley's commitment is just the first big development. There will be more big recruiting developments. I believe Coen and his family are glad to be back, and he will pour himself into the job. I also believe Coen has managed to develop a reputation for being good to work with, and this will be magnetic for skill position prospects. I predict Coen's offense will overachieve, even above what we expect now.

As for Boley, I just want him to have an opportunity to settle into college life and learn from Coen at his own pace. I know that some of our fans typically rush to judgment and demand instant NFL level results from freshmen. Boley has a chance to become a very good player here, but this isn't basketball. Boley will have a process of learning and improvement. I trust Coach Coen.

Lol.
My mental mainstreet is full of potholes and my birthday suit is badly wrinkled.

Not really. Sure, I am excited about Boley's commitment. We all are. But football is a team sport. Boley certainly isn't the first highly rated player to commit to Stoops, and won't be the last either. Sometimes I actually worry a little about overreactions in our fan base when we learn about recruiting victories.

So I will just share with you what excites me most about this. As recently as last fall, we literally didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of signing Cutter Boley or any other top offensive prospect. Then Coach Coen relocated back to Lexington. Now, the entire narrative surrounding our offense has suddenly changed. I think Boley's commitment is just the first big development. There will be more big recruiting developments. I believe Coen and his family are glad to be back, and he will pour himself into the job. I also believe Coen has managed to develop a reputation for being good to work with, and this will be magnetic for skill position prospects. I predict Coen's offense will overachieve, even above what we expect now.

As for Boley, I just want him to have an opportunity to settle into college life and learn from Coen at his own pace. I know that some of our fans typically rush to judgment and demand instant NFL level results from freshmen. Boley has a chance to become a very good player here, but this isn't basketball. Boley will have a process of learning and improvement. I trust Coach Coen.
I just want some level of certainty in the QB room. In a perfect world, Boley comes in early and gets to go through Spring practice. Meanwhile we get another high level portal QB like Leary, who will be the 2024 starter. Boley is named the number 2 without question for 2024 with the understanding the job is his in 2025 and beyond. (all of this is assuming he proves all the hype in Spring practice) Whatever happens with Sheron or Wade happens. Wade is tricky because of his brother. we don't want to lose both. I wish he would be open to a position change.

I just want some level of certainty in the QB room. In a perfect world, Boley comes in early and gets to go through Spring practice. Meanwhile we get another high level portal QB like Leary, who will be the 2024 starter. Boley is named the number 2 without question for 2024 with the understanding the job is his in 2025 and beyond. (all of this is assuming he proves all the hype in Spring practice) Whatever happens with Sheron or Wade happens. Wade is tricky because of his brother. we don't want to lose both. I wish he would be open to a position change.
Reportedly, Boley will be a January enrollee. But nothing in competitive sports is certain. That's why they compete. Boley will develop at his own pace. So will our other QBs, any of whom could take a significant step forward in Coach Coen's system.
'
Respectfully, I don't get all the unprovoked fear about losing the Wade brothers. Keaton is in the playing rotation of one of the SEC's top defenses and will be a starter no later than 2024 if not sooner. Destin started in the MCB. As a freshman with no prior game experience, he struggled against the best defense in the B10, So, true to form, some of our fans have already given up on him. But Destin is learning, and will get better under Coach Coen. Remember, Coen had a big hand in recruiting him. Based on demonstrable facts, there is no reason to think the Wade brothers are going anywhere. These kids are competitive and team oriented. I believe the actual situation inside our locker room and inside our coaching office is much different than sometimes portrayed here. JMO.

I don't believe Destin future (at uk) is at QB. I hope I am wrong! Coen's offense (2021) with Will relied upon quick decision throws and quick movement out of the pocket. Accuracy is extremely important. I am not sure about his accuracy or decision making but he was "stuck in the mud" against Iowa. He may be vertical fast but I would not describe him as quick At least in the limited time we saw him. It is true Iowa had some grown men and one of the best defences in all of college football so it might not be appropriate to judge him yet? We shall see. He will have to take a significant jump this year to be a factor next year. I believe (probably wrongly) that the staff will bring in a Transfer portal QB for next year and turn the reins over to Cutter in 25.

Updated campus visit schedule for next month-

June 2

Felix Doege, OL, Rabun Gap, GA

June 6

Alex Foster, DL, Greenville, MS

June 9

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY (UK commit)
Cam Dooley, DB, Valley, AL
Jordan Floyd, OL, Lilburn, GA
Kevin Heywood, OL, Royersford, PA
Fred Johnson, OL, Cleveland, OH
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY (UK commit)
D'Shawntae Jones, RB, Cleveland, OH
Cameron Keys, DB, Lynn Haven, FL
Dominic Kirks, DL, Cleveland, OH
Crews Law, LB, Nashville, TN
Brian Robinson, LB/DL, Youngstown, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Alexandria, KY
Emanuel Ross, WR, Red Bank, NJ
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY (UK commit)
Steven Soles, LB, Powell, TN
Jacob Smith, LB, Cheshire, CT
Antonio White, WR, Lilburn, GA
Damarion Witten, TE, Cleveland, OH

June 16

Johann Cardenas, RB, Houston, TX
Rafael Dunn, DB, Lawrenceville, NJ
Jack Hines, OL, Avon, CT
Kendall Jackson, DL, Gainesville, FL
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Cameron Monteiro, WR, Brockton, MA
Dominic Nichols, LB, Ijamsville, MD
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO

I think Cam Dooley, Jordan Floyd, Fred Johnson, and D'Shawntae Jones may be leaning to UK. Possibly Johann Cardenas too. Possibly Jack Hines. Possibly Caleb Redd. Possibly Emanuel Ross. I also believe many of these offensive prospects will be influenced by Boley's recent commitment. That doesn't guarantee anything. It's only May. But if all these visits next month go well, we should see at least a couple more commitments.

Since Coach Stoops is done taking inbound transfers for now, I did another roster count today. Assuming Tanner Bowles comes back for 2024 and every other player listed as a senior on UK's roster leaves after the 2023 season, and assuming no current UK underclassmen leave, 66 current Wildcats are due back in 2024. Of course, there will be future outbound transfers. But since we don't know who they will be, or how many will leave, for now we know at least 19 scholarships will be available for new inbound transfers and 2024 freshmen. That number will increase with each future outbound transfer. For now, it gives us an idea about the size of our 2024 class, taking into account that Stoops will also accept more transfers next year.

Last edited:
More 2024 offers-

Jiquavious Marshall, WR, Macon, GA
Jason Patterson, RB, Sneads, FL
Shamar Rigby, WR, St. Petersburg, FL
Justin Terrell, DL, Rome, GA
Duke Watson, RB, Pahokee, FL
CJ Williams, OL, Deerfield, MA

Last edited:
Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT