ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

The staff will aggressively target elite WRs after Boley commits next month to us.

uofl can enjoy "owning the state" with Boykins commitment.

Reactions: footerball
The staff will aggressively target elite WRs after Boley commits next month to us.

uofl can enjoy "owning the state" with Boykins commitment.
They already are targeting elite receivers. Cam Coleman is the #1 wr on the espn 300 he is expected to OV this summer. He is 6 on3, 7 ESPN, and 21 on 247. Bama and others are recruiting him. Prob a long shot as Auburn is way ahead but at least they're getting them here. Goes to same school that JQ went to, Phenix City Central

They already are targeting elite receivers. Cam Coleman is the #1 wr on the espn 300 he is expected to OV this summer. He is 6 on3, 7 ESPN, and 21 on 247. Bama and others are recruiting him. Prob a long shot as Auburn is way ahead but at least they're getting them here. Goes to same school that JQ went to, Phenix City Central
2024 WRs Cameron Monteiro and Emanuel Ross are scheduled to take OVs to UK next month. Both are being recruited by Coach Woodward. I think these are the two WRs our coaches are targeting at this point in the recruiting cycle, and our chances appear to be pretty good so far. As has recently been reported, they also want transfer WR Jahdae Walker from Grand Valley State. I'm sure our coaches would love to sign Cam Coleman, but the optics right now tend to suggest AL, Auburn, and LSU probably lead for him.

Reactions: JASUN74
2024 WRs Cameron Monteiro and Emanuel Ross are scheduled to take OVs to UK next month. Both are being recruited by Coach Woodward. I think these are the two WRs our coaches are targeting at this point in the recruiting cycle, and our chances appear to be pretty good so far. As has recently been reported, they also want transfer WR Jahdae Walker from Grand Valley State. I'm sure our coaches would love to sign Cam Coleman, but the optics right now tend to suggest AL, Auburn, and LSU probably lead for him.
I dont think they will land Coleman but when was the last time they had a five star WR OV? Shows how far UK has come as a program and they are recruiting elite talent.

I dont think they will land Coleman but when was the last time they had a five star WR OV? Shows how far UK has come as a program and they are recruiting elite talent.
As far as it goes, I definitely agree, getting prospects on campus for a visit is a final common pathway to getting commitments. We would not have gotten this kind of WR prospect on campus for a visit when Eddie Gran was OC because Gran didn't throw the ball much, which reflected that Gran's best players were RBs and OGs. We are seeing the domino effect of having an OC (Coen) who runs an NFL offense and potentially could attract a new caliber of QB. Coen may very well be able to sign receivers comparable to Coleman, but I agree that Coleman himself appears to be headed to an SEC west school. My thought process would be that a season or two of offensive stats more or less like Levis and Wandale posted here in 2021 will attract more visits from top WR prospects in the future. There are two schools of thought now, but I am in the school that suspects Coen will stick around for a while.

We could quibble whether Cam Coleman is a 4-star or a 5-star, because it depends on which website you like. That's the thing with star ratings. Regardless, he has a really impressive offer sheet.

I would be remiss not to point out that we already have Dane Key, Shamar Porter, and Barion and Anthony Brown. They are very good receivers who had great offer sheets. Opinions vary, but I believe offer sheets are a better indicator of a prospect's upside than star ratings. There are exceptions, of course. When Stoops and Marrow evaluate and recruit, they are looking for makeup, intelligence, and a high football IQ. That has been a key to why our classes almost always outperform class rankings.

Anyway, Quincy Porter is a 2025 WR from NJ that Coach Woodward is recruiting hard. IDK if Coach Woodward will get a campus visit from Porter, but he is a name for us watch, especially if Coach Coen can attract a commitment from a prostyle QB like Boley or Montgomery.

As far as it goes, I definitely agree, getting prospects on campus for a visit is a final common pathway to getting commitments. We would not have gotten this kind of WR prospect on campus for a visit when Eddie Gran was OC because Gran didn't throw the ball much, which reflected that Gran's best players were RBs and OGs. We are seeing the domino effect of having an OC (Coen) who runs an NFL offense and potentially could attract a new caliber of QB. Coen may very well be able to sign receivers comparable to Coleman, but I agree that Coleman himself appears to be headed to an SEC west school. My thought process would be that a season or two of offensive stats more or less like Levis and Wandale posted here in 2021 will attract more visits from top WR prospects in the future. There are two schools of thought now, but I am in the school that suspects Coen will stick around for a while.

We could quibble whether Cam Coleman is a 4-star or a 5-star, because it depends on which website you like. That's the thing with star ratings. Regardless, he has a really impressive offer sheet.

I would be remiss not to point out that we already have Dane Key, Shamar Porter, and Barion and Anthony Brown. They are very good receivers who had great offer sheets. Opinions vary, but I believe offer sheets are a better indicator of a prospect's upside than star ratings. There are exceptions, of course. When Stoops and Marrow evaluate and recruit, they are looking for makeup, intelligence, and a high football IQ. That has been a key to why our classes almost always outperform class rankings.

Anyway, Quincy Porter is a 2025 WR from NJ that Coach Woodward is recruiting hard. IDK if Coach Woodward will get a campus visit from Porter, but he is a name for us watch, especially if Coach Coen can attract a commitment from a prostyle QB like Boley or Montgomery.
I love that kids are able to have more Official visits now and I really think it’s going to help Kentucky more than say the ten or fifteen biggest football schools we have to recruit against. As was already said, getting them here and being able to show them about Kentucky football is big for us, when before they had to pick five and we were sometimes out because of history or whatever the case was. I think seeing Kentucky now will surprise a lot of kids and parents who may not have known before what we were about. We Definitely have been more serious about football and I couldn’t be happier about that.

I love that kids are able to have more Official visits now and I really think it’s going to help Kentucky more than say the ten or fifteen biggest football schools we have to recruit against. As was already said, getting them here and being able to show them about Kentucky football is big for us, when before they had to pick five and we were sometimes out because of history or whatever the case was. I think seeing Kentucky now will surprise a lot of kids and parents who may not have known before what we were about. We Definitely have been more serious about football and I couldn’t be happier about that.

For sure.

Something else is happening as well. UK's recruiting footprint is growing again. To a certain extent, this reflects a larger recruiting budget (thanks to Mitch Barnhart), although it also reflects regional connections of UK's coaching staff.

Coach Boulware is recruiting RB Johann Cardenas out of Houston and RB Tovani Mizell out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Coach Woodward is recruiting WR Cameron Monteiro out of MA, WR Emanuel Ross out of NJ, and OL Jack Hines out of CT.

Coach Mike Stoops is recruiting DB Casey Etienne out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Coach White is recruiting LB James Nesta out of NC and DB Rafael Dunn out of NJ.

Coach Buffano is recruiting LB Caleb Redd out of StL.

In the last two classes, UK's recruiting coverage in Nashville has intensified. And Coach Stewart snagged Kendrick Gilbert last year out of Indianapolis, Stoops' first ever from IN.

And although UK has recruited the state of OH hard ever since Stoops and Marrow got here, the intensity of our recruiting coverage in the cities of Cincinnati and Cleveland has intensified. Examples in Cincinnati are now too numerous to list, but especially at Winton Woods and Moeller hs. In Cleveland, Coach Marrow is currently recruiting OL Fred Johnson, RB D'Shawntae Jones, and DL Dominic Kirks, all of whom are showing strong interest in UK.

UK recruiting activity has become much more robust in all of these regions. This will pay dividends in the form of a more athletic, competitive roster.

For sure.

Something else is happening as well. UK's recruiting footprint is growing again. To a certain extent, this reflects a larger recruiting budget (thanks to Mitch Barnhart), although it also reflects regional connections of UK's coaching staff.

Coach Boulware is recruiting RB Johann Cardenas out of Houston and RB Tovani Mizell out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Coach Woodward is recruiting WR Cameron Monteiro out of MA, WR Emanuel Ross out of NJ, and OL Jack Hines out of CT.

Coach Mike Stoops is recruiting DB Casey Etienne out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Coach White is recruiting LB James Nesta out of NC and DB Rafael Dunn out of NJ.

Coach Buffano is recruiting LB Caleb Redd out of StL.

In the last two classes, UK's recruiting coverage in Nashville has intensified. And Coach Stewart snagged Kendrick Gilbert last year out of Indianapolis, Stoops' first ever from IN.

And although UK has recruited the state of OH hard ever since Stoops and Marrow got here, the intensity of our recruiting coverage in the cities of Cincinnati and Cleveland has intensified. Examples in Cincinnati are now too numerous to list, but especially at Winton Woods and Moeller hs. In Cleveland, Coach Marrow is currently recruiting OL Fred Johnson, RB D'Shawntae Jones, and DL Dominic Kirks, all of whom are showing strong interest in UK.

UK recruiting activity has become much more robust in all of these regions. This will pay dividends in the form of a more athletic, competitive roster.

How much impact do you think the additon of Texas and OU has had on UK's recruiting footprint, or do you think it is more to do with UK going after higher ranked kids?

Reactions: Eccain01
How much impact do you think the additon of Texas and OU has had on UK's recruiting footprint, or do you think it is more to do with UK going after higher ranked kids?
I don’t think expansion has added to the footprint or quality (yet).

But a bigger budget, higher profile (no, not as high as Georgia’s), and a couple of Coach’s from the Atlantic/Northeast have us in with players from NJ, CT, etc., we previously would not have heard of or heard from.

At this time, I don't see how the pending moves of TX and OK have had any effect on UK recruiting for football or any other sport. In the future, it's possible that the expansion of the coverage footprint for the SEC Network might have an effect on recruiting for a number of SEC schools, but that remains to be seen. UK's coaches are clearly recruiting better players and more of them, from CT and MA down to Ft. Lauderdale, NOLA, and TX. AFAIK, that is a function of a larger recruiting budget, more appearances on national and intersectional TV, and a coaching staff with better and wider connections than earlier versions of our staff.

Eventually, the huge amount of money being made by every SEC school will widen the gap between all SEC teams and everyone else. Within the SEC, big states like FL, GA, and TX will probably see their better hs players spread out among more SEC schools because instate SEC schools in those states will increasingly recruit nationally, including in B10 and Pac 12 territory, even more than they do now.

Last edited:
More 2024 UK offers have been given out.

Jathan Hatch, ATH, Corinth, MS
Quintavious Johnson, DL, Atlanta, GA
Vincent Shavers, ATH, Miami, FL

Personally, I don`t think their additions will aid UK or any SEC team in recruiting. Texas and OU will still recruit their bases and the SEC will do the same. I think it maybe interesting to see which recruiting area ends up being more superior, the southeast or the Texas area. With UK being the most northern state in the SEC, it would make sense to recruit the north east as well as the southern states. It took decades for us to get a coach to go into Ohio as much as Stoops has, so Ohio and Kentucky will always be our starting point, then we`ll add the best we can from other states and Tennessee (Nashville area) makes a lot of sense.

Personally I don't think UK should spend time/resources recruiting Texas
Cannot succeed if we don't try. Giving up doesn't work in the SEC.

The SEC is separating itself from other conferences including the B10 based on $billions that are pouring in as a result of the SEC's TV contract. Each SEC school collects this money. As the TX schools become wealthier and stronger, they will recruit nationally more and more. TX already gets a lot of players out of CA. TX A&M already recruits a lot of players along the east coast. These trends will continue, and that means more hs players inside the state of TX will need to look at other alternatives. Every year, TX produces hundreds of Power 5 players. UK hasn't signed many TX players in recent times, because we haven't tried. Nik Hall (legacy) is an exception, and might become an important one. Coach Boulware is recruiting Johann Cardenas and that would be a breakthrough signing if he pulls it off.

At this point, it is indisputable that the increased success of UK football in the Stoops era has gone hand in hand with increased tangible support for football by Mitch Barnhart and the University's Board of Trustees Athletics Committee. There is no rational reason to suggest otherwise. UK is now signing good players from MI, PA, and NJ. Coach Woodward is recruiting hs players in New England and could be on a path to get commitments from Cameron Monteiro and Jack Hines. To become the type of program that Stoops and Barnhart want, the recruiting footprint has to grow. TX is a logical recruiting target for our energetic staff.

Cannot succeed if we don't try. Giving up doesn't work in the SEC.

The SEC is separating itself from other conferences including the B10 based on $billions that are pouring in as a result of the SEC's TV contract. Each SEC school collects this money. As the TX schools become wealthier and stronger, they will recruit nationally more and more. TX already gets a lot of players out of CA. TX A&M already recruits a lot of players along the east coast. These trends will continue, and that means more hs players inside the state of TX will need to look at other alternatives. Every year, TX produces hundreds of Power 5 players. UK hasn't signed many TX players in recent times, because we haven't tried. Nik Hall (legacy) is an exception, and might become an important one. Coach Boulware is recruiting Johann Cardenas and that would be a breakthrough signing if he pulls it off.

At this point, it is indisputable that the increased success of UK football in the Stoops era has gone hand in hand with increased tangible support for football by Mitch Barnhart and the University's Board of Trustees Athletics Committee. There is no rational reason to suggest otherwise. UK is now signing good players from MI, PA, and NJ. Coach Woodward is recruiting hs players in New England and could be on a path to get commitments from Cameron Monteiro and Jack Hines. To become the type of program that Stoops and Barnhart want, the recruiting footprint has to grow. TX is a logical recruiting target for our energetic staff.
And in the future increased revenues that the SEC can expect from participation in the CFP. The more teams you get in, the bigger share of the revenues you get.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
One common thread we've all heard over the years is recruiting is about building relationships and it's about past relationships with Coach Boulware in TX that's driving these TX contacts. Don't forget Courtland Ford is from TX and it was the past Boulware/Ford connection that's lead Ford to UK. Will UK assign 5 coaches to recruit TX and tell them to: "Have at it."? Of course not but UK will use whatever contact they may have, be it Boulware/TX or Coen/Woodward Up East to find players that can help UK win.

It has now been publicly reported that Brian Robinson is planning an OV to UK for the weekend of June 9.

Brian Robinson, Jack LB, Youngstown, OH

Earlier on this thread, I discussed my opinion that Brian Robinson is the most important prospect on UK's 2024 recruiting board. Yes, there are a few higher rated prospects on our coaches' list. Yes, Jacob Smith is still technically uncommitted. Yes, Robinson previously received CB picks for MI. But Robinson is from Youngstown (so are Stoops and Marrow), and UK has a real chance to sign him even if MI got the CB acknowledgement earlier. UK plays a 3-3-5 defensive set, and Robinson is an ideal fit at Jack LB or DE. If Robinson's OV to UK goes well, there is a chance that he could become Stoops' most impactful defensive signing since Josh Allen. MI will be hard to beat, but the Youngstown connection could make a difference. Of course, to be transparent about that angle, I have to say that MI recruiter Steve Clinkscale is also from Youngstown. But maybe Youngstown natives Marrow, Buffano, and the Stoops brothers trump Clinkscale.

June 9 is turning out to be huge recruiting date for UK because of the large number of important 2024 prospects scheduling OVs then. 2025 QB prospect Cutter Boley is also planning an unofficial visit then.

Just looking at how our 2024 recruiting class is trending so far. Vince Marrow is really pounding the greater Cincinnati area. Still waiting and wondering what kind of a recruiting impact Liam Coen will have, but I don't think we will know that until next December. Looks like a weaker instate class this year.

There is plenty of time until the signing date, and plenty of new names will come up. Typically, we hear new names in June and then again in the fall.

For now, though, here are some 2024 names that seem to be receiving a lot of attention from our coaching staff this spring. I am not suggesting this is an all inclusive list (it isn't), and I am not predicting where any of these players will actually sign in December. This is just an indication of obvious spring trends in our recruiting activities.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, John Wayne Oliver, Jack Hines, Fred Johnson, Jordan Floyd, Charlton Luniewski, Mercer Luniewski, Deryc Plazz, Tommy Ricard

TE- Gavin Grover, Dylan Mesman, Brody Kosin, Willie Rodriguez

WR- Emanuel Ross, Cameron Coleman, Shaun Boykins, Cameron Monteiro

RB- Peyton Lewis, Tito Glass, Khyair Spain

QB- I believe the 2024 QB prospect list is still under evaluation by Coach Coen. Coach Coen returned to Lexington just in time to prepare for spring practice. Now, his attention is turning to recruiting. So far, no uncommitted 2024 QBs are receiving obvious attention from him, although everyone is waiting to see whether Cutter Boley reclassifies forward to 2024. It is known that Coen has talked with DJ Lagway, but Lagway remains committed to FL.

DL- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Jerod Smith, Kendall Jackson, Darius Wiley, Nasir Johnson, Alex Foster

LB- Elias Rudolph, James Nesta, Ashton Woods, Keyshawn Flowers, Devin Smith, Kash Mallory

DB- Aaron Scott, Brandon Jacob, Koy Beasley, Terhyon Nichols, Cam Dooley, Cai Bates, Cameron Keys, Jaden Smith, Jay Harper, Jeremiah Lowe

On April 10, I speculated on 2024 names receiving a high amount of recruiting attention from our coaching staff during spring practice. I have quoted that list above. Here is my Derby Day revision of that list. This revision is influenced in part by publicly announced OVs coming up next month. These are prospects currently reported to be receiving active, high recruiting interest from our coaching staff.

I am not including Lexingtonians Zuri Madison or Demeco Kennedy, because I have not seen public reports to suggest Coach Marrow is actively pursuing them. But it is becoming interesting that public evaluations of their prospect status continue to climb. Some rankings now list Madison as one of 2024's top instate prospects. Meanwhile Kennedy lit up a regional combine as a DE and got cited as one of its top performers earlier this spring.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, Kevin Haywood, Fred Johnson, Jack Hines, Jordan Floyd, Deryc Plazz, Mercer Luniewski, Charlton Luniewski

TE- Damarion Witten, Willie Rodriguez, Brody Kosin

WR- Cameron Monteiro, Emanuel Ross, Cameron Coleman, Antonio White, David Washington, Terence Marshall

RB- Johann Cardenas, D'Shawntae Jones, Tito Glass, Tovani Mizell

QB- Cutter Boley, if he reclassifies

DL- Dominic Kirks, Kendall Jackson, Alex Foster, Quintavious Johnson, Jowhar Franklin

LB- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Caleb Redd, James Nesta, Devin Smith, Crews Law, Keyshawn Flowers, Antwan Smith, Vincent Shavers, Cam Dooley

DB- Aaron Scott, Cai Bates, Koy Beasley, Terhyon Nichols, Cameron Keys, Casey Etienne, Jay Harper, Jaden Smith, Jathan Hatch, E'Zaiah Shine, Rafael Dunn

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark_Stoops
On April 10, I speculated on 2024 names receiving a high amount of recruiting attention from our coaching staff during spring practice. I have quoted that list above. Here is my Derby Day revision of that list. This revision is influenced in part by publicly announced OVs coming up next month. These are prospects currently reported to be receiving active, high recruiting interest from our coaching staff.

I am not including Lexingtonians Zuri Madison or Demeco Kennedy, because I have not seen public reports to suggest Coach Marrow is actively pursuing them. But it is becoming interesting that public evaluations of their prospect status continue to climb. Some rankings now list Madison as one of 2024's top instate prospects. Meanwhile Kennedy lit up a regional combine as a DE and got cited as one of its top performers earlier this spring.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, Kevin Haywood, Fred Johnson, Jack Hines, Jordan Floyd, Deryc Plazz, Mercer Luniewski, Charlton Luniewski

TE- Damarion Witten, Willie Rodriguez, Brady Kosin

WR- Cameron Monteiro, Emanuel Ross, Cameron Coleman, Antonio White, David Washington, Terence Marshall

RB- Johann Cardenas, D'Shawntae Jones, Tito Glass, Tovani Mizell

QB- Cutter Boley, if he reclassifies

DL- Dominic Kirks, Kendall Jackson, Alex Foster, Quintavious Johnson, Jowhar Franklin

LB- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Caleb Redd, James Nesta, Devin Smith, Crews Law, Keyshawn Flowers, Antwan Smith, Vincent Shavers, Cam Dooley

DB- Aaron Scott, Cai Bates, Koy Beasley, Terhyon Nichols, Cameron Keys, Casey Etienne, Jay Harper, Jaden Smith, Jathan Hatch, E'Zaiah Shine, Rafael Dunn
Impressive list, I'd take about any combination of these guys.

Just an opinion, I really like Mercer Luniewski as a DT too. I doubt that happens but it's an intriguing thought.

Reactions: maroon79 and JHB4UK
At this time, I don't see how the pending moves of TX and OK have had any effect on UK recruiting for football or any other sport. In the future, it's possible that the expansion of the coverage footprint for the SEC Network might have an effect on recruiting for a number of SEC schools, but that remains to be seen. UK's coaches are clearly recruiting better players and more of them, from CT and MA down to Ft. Lauderdale, NOLA, and TX. AFAIK, that is a function of a larger recruiting budget, more appearances on national and intersectional TV, and a coaching staff with better and wider connections than earlier versions of our staff.

Eventually, the huge amount of money being made by every SEC school will widen the gap between all SEC teams and everyone else. Within the SEC, big states like FL, GA, and TX will probably see their better hs players spread out among more SEC schools because instate SEC schools in those states will increasingly recruit nationally, including in B10 and Pac 12 territory, even more than they do now.

Thats happening already. OSU is in GA more than any school for the top kids, even more than neighboring states like Bama, AU, Clemson and FSU.

Lots of talent in Texas. Plenty to go around. I seem to recall Hal Mumme recruited a few out of there.

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
Lots of talent in Texas. Plenty to go around. I seem to recall Hal Mumme recruited a few out of there.
Yeah, how'd that go for us? From what I recall hardly any stayed long or made any impact.

IMO over the last 25 yrs recruits from Texas & Louisiana rarely work out at UK. Too far from life support structure. They frequently get in off the field trouble or classroom struggles. Then head back home.

Yeah, how'd that go for us? From what I recall hardly any stayed long or made any impact.

IMO over the last 25 yrs recruits from Texas & Louisiana rarely work out at UK. Too far from life support structure. They frequently get in off the field trouble or classroom struggles. Then head back home.
Come on man the law of averages has to catch up. Trying to see the glass half full- Jeez!

Yeah, how'd that go for us? From what I recall hardly any stayed long or made any impact.IMO over the last 25 yrs recruits from Texas & Louisiana rarely work out at UK.
I believe Nik Hall (from Austin) has a good chance to start while he is here, but we will see. Quentus Cumby, Otis Grigsby, Nick Seitze, Tommy Cook, Trey Mielsch, Travis Slaydon, Steven Borden, and Ryan Flannigan were from TX. Keith Chatelain, Moncell Allen, Jacob Dufrene, Dickie Lyons Jr., Kelvin Joseph, and Dare Rosenthal were from LA. All were important Wildcats who saw the field a lot, so you should recognize them. If you do, then you already know that your assertion is incorrect.

In any case, I don't understand the logic in writing off SEC states. Times have changed. Now we have the internet and satellite TV. Adapt or die. Coach Boulware and Coach Mike Stoops are connected in TX and LA. UK's football program is winning and our recruiting budget is growing. Mark Stoops is doing things differently from previous UK coaches and he is succeeding. You can't stand in the way of progress. Recruiting Johann Cardenas out of Houston is progress. Signing Nik Hall out of Austin was progress, just as signing Josh Allen out of NJ, Max Duffy and Wilson Berry out of Australia, and Bully McCall and DeAndre Square out of MI represented progress. The meek may inherit the earth, but they won't be successful in the SEC.

The meek may inherit the earth, but they won't be successful in the SEC.
This calls for the Old University of Texas Fraternity song from the 1950's!

"The Game was Played on Sunday,
In Heaven's Own Backyard
With Jesus Playing Halfback
And Moses Playing Guard.

The Angels on the Sideline
Let Out a Mighty Yell
When Jesus Scored the Touchdown
That Beat the Boys From Hell . . .

Stay with God,
Stay With God,
Rock 'Em, Sock Em, Jeeesus, Knock Em,
Stay With God!"

More 2024 UK offers are being reported.

Amontrae Bradford, LB, Statesboro, GA
Isaac Cannizzaro, DL, Norcross, GA
Tristan Jernigan, LB, Tupelo, MS
Jadon Lafontant, OL, Greenwich, CT
Trelain Maddox, ATH, Buford, GA
Kal-El Pascal, DB, Miami, FL
Cameron Pruitt, DB, Theodore, AL
Cole Tabb, RB, Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Donovan Thompson, OL, Norcross, GA

Last edited:
Just a small bit of info on a kid who has UK in his top 3. Kameron Mikell finished 2nd in the GHSA 100m for 5A with a time of 10.97. Winner ran a 10.96, 3rd was also 10.97 and 4th was 10.98. 3 of the 4 are SEC type football recruits. Wasn't the fastest race but was the closest of the meet.

No idea where he is leaning.

Just a small bit of info on a kid who has UK in his top 3. Kameron Mikell finished 2nd in the GHSA 100m for 5A with a time of 10.97. Winner ran a 10.96, 3rd was also 10.97 and 4th was 10.98. 3 of the 4 are SEC type football recruits. Wasn't the fastest race but was the closest of the meet.

Better

Thank you very much for the info Grumpy

I believe Nik Hall (from Austin) has a good chance to start while he is here, but we will see. Quentus Cumby, Otis Grigsby, Nick Seitze, Tommy Cook, Trey Mielsch, Travis Slaydon, Steven Borden, and Ryan Flannigan were from TX. Keith Chatelain, Moncell Allen, Jacob Dufrene, Dickie Lyons Jr., Kelvin Joseph, and Dare Rosenthal were from LA. All were important Wildcats who saw the field a lot, so you should recognize them. If you do, then you already know that your assertion is incorrect.

In any case, I don't understand the logic in writing off SEC states. Times have changed. Now we have the internet and satellite TV. Adapt or die. Coach Boulware and Coach Mike Stoops are connected in TX and LA. UK's football program is winning and our recruiting budget is growing. Mark Stoops is doing things differently from previous UK coaches and he is succeeding. You can't stand in the way of progress. Recruiting Johann Cardenas out of Houston is progress. Signing Nik Hall out of Austin was progress, just as signing Josh Allen out of NJ, Max Duffy and Wilson Berry out of Australia, and Bully McCall and DeAndre Square out of MI represented progress. The meek may inherit the earth, but they won't be successful in the SEC.
Getting me excited Rembrandt. Lol. Also. Dicky Lyons JR was, is and will always be my favorite Kentucky Wildcat. As a player and a person, I just like him. I don’t know what his dreams are or anything, but I honestly hope someday he gets involved with this program somehow. He’s just got the attitude I want my team to have. Haha. Good guy and want to see him part of the program again. Thanks

Reactions: delk4three
This calls for the Old University of Texas Fraternity song from the 1950's!

"The Game was Played on Sunday,
In Heaven's Own Backyard
With Jesus Playing Halfback
And Moses Playing Guard.

The Angels on the Sideline
Let Out a Mighty Yell
When Jesus Scored the Touchdown
That Beat the Boys From Hell . . .

Stay with God,
Stay With God,
Rock 'Em, Sock Em, Jeeesus, Knock Em,
Stay With God!"
Awesome Hack. I could see him running the ball from the forty for the T D! Ha. Go Cats and Jesus! Recon he’s got anymore eligibility? Haha

Hmmmmm.

Let’s see, if you combine eternity with omniscience, add on the Covid year . . . I’m guessing eternity to play three!!
If we can keep Kirby and Saban away, I like our chances. Lol. Thanks man. Also, who you got committing next? I needs me some recruiting news. Lol. I’m hoping to end this month with a few good ones. Need to get some guys to help bring in some future teammates! Tomorrow would be a fantastic Mothers Day present for some kid to gives his mom. Haha.

Haha. Four stars and 46 in Georgia!! Ow that’s just getting me mad. Lol. Good looking prospect for sure and can out run a cheetah. Sing him up. I don’t know how much he likes Kentucky or not and hope we get him, but man we’re getting some speed that I haven’t seen here before. With the great young
QBS we’re on, the portal guys we’ve got and hopefully continue getting, Kentucky is definitely improving the offense. Coen if doing a fantastic job as well as the entire staff. Time to add a few more recruits. Let’s go.

Also, who you got committing next?
I have no idea, but my gut feeling is that this class could rival 2022’s as our highest ranked.

Reading the bios of the players considering us, they about all appear to be highly sought after players.

If we land our share . . . .

Maybe we get a BIG 5 Star commitment from a QB to lead the ‘24 Class to national prominence!!!!

Reactions: THE_OAK and JASUN74
I know you just give your opinion here, but Who do you think is ready to pick the Cats next Rembrandt? Or maybe someone who’s wanting to commit it but needs to wait on a spot to open for them?
Okay. The question is who will become Stoops' next public commitment in the 2024 class. It's a fun question for group discussion.

First, several public commitments normally happen in June. Almost every year. Once in a while, we pick up a commitment in May, but June seems more likely to me UTC.

Next, chances are good it will be a hs player who visits UK or participate in a UK camp in June. Understanding that this list will still grow, here are uncommitted players we know will be visiting UK in June.

June 6

Alex Foster

June 9

Cutter Boley (currently 2025; could reclass)
Cam Dooley
Jordan Floyd
Dominic Kirks
Kevin Heywood
Crews Law
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Antonio White

June 16

Johann Cardenas
Rafael Dunn
Jack Hines
Kendall Jackson
Tovani Mizell
Cameron Monteiro
Caleb Redd
Jacob Smith

Most of these players are highly recruited, and it is unlikely that most players with long lists of top schools will commit this early. Several of these players are thought to be leaning elsewhere. When we rule out players fitting those descriptions, that leaves-

Dooley
Dunn
Floyd
Hines
Kirks
Law
Monteiro
Ross

So if I have to guess who will be UK's next 2024 commitment, I will guess one of these eight. There is also a popular narrative, pushed by this website, that Boley will reclassify and commit to UK next month. If that happens, everyone here will be happy. I hope for it because, among other things, that would provide overwhelming evidence that Coach Coen is having a huge impact. At this moment, nothing is more important than Coach Coen's impact on the program. And there are reasons to believe that Fred Johnson out of Cleveland may be a UK leaner. Johnson has visited Lexington unofficially. In recruiting, time is everything. But if you put a gun to my head this week, I am guessing Monteiro, Ross, Boley, Hines, Floyd, or Dooley will probably become UK's next verbal. If I had $100 to bet on this, I would put $20 on Monteiro, $20 on Ross, $20 on Dooley, $10 on Boley, $10 on Hines, $10 on Floyd, and $10 on Johnson. But recruiting is very difficult to predict.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT