ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Yeah we don't need to reach at WR
Yes. Given that Key, Porter, Anthony, Crowdus, and the Browns have multiple years of eligibility left, and that Stoops needs to take 5 offensive linemen and a bunch of LBs in our 2024 class, I would guess Coach Coen may be fairly selective about taking WRs. But we do need a couple of them. Maybe Monteiro will commit to us. He sounds like an underrated WR prospect and Coach Woodward has built a relationship with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHB4UK
More new 2024 offers-

Rafael Dunn, DB, Lawrenceville, NJ
Jowhar Franklin, DL, New Orleans, LA
Justin Kattus, LB, Cincinnati, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Independence, KY
Antonio White, DB, Lilburn, GA

Justin Kattus is the brother of Josh and Tucker.
It is being publicly reported this weekend that Coach Marrow's offer to Justin Kattus may be a PWO. His little brother Tucker is a top UK recruiting target for our 2025 class. His big brother Josh is already a key player for UK's offense.

Yes, this is interesting. I have not seen much public speculation about 2024 WR targets. There has been a lot of discussion about OL and QB recruiting. Boykins is a nice prospect but not a program changer. The connection between Coach Marrow and North Hardin hs is an issue, but UK doesn't take every prospect out of North Hardin. Maybe Boykins' UK offer isn't committable. That would imply Coach Marrow is confident about other 2024 WRs. Aside from Monteiro (we already know about him), I wonder who they would be. Emanuel Ross, David Washington, or Terence Marshall maybe?

I mentioned it. I am not an insider. At one time, I speculated Boykins could be a possible spring commit. He had visited campus unofficially several times and is a star at North Hardin hs. Also, we weren't hearing much about other 2024 WR prospects (still aren't). Since Boykins plans to announce soon, that may tell us whether his UK offer is committable. Clearly, his multiple visits to Lexington suggest high interest.
Boykins had been mentioned alot but then it went quiet. I assume due to the coaches telling him to wait. Like you said outside Monteiro there hasn't been much buzz on WRs.

Boykins had been mentioned alot but then it went quiet. I assume due to the coaches telling him to wait. Like you said outside Monteiro there hasn't been much buzz on WRs.
Yes. There hasn't been much news lately about WRs, which is a contrast with QB, TE, and OL. There hasn't been much news about RBs either, but we may need a couple of those in 2024.

Yes. There hasn't been much news lately about WRs, which is a contrast with QB, TE, and OL. There hasn't been much news about RBs either, but we may need a couple of those in 2024.

Rembrandt, In your opinion, is Boykins UK offer committable?

Maybe landing Courtland Ford helps with JacQwan McRoy? We sell him on Ford being LT in '24, while he works on his S&C and skill development? Or even plays some at RT?

Reactions: optimus-blue
Maybe landing Courtland Ford helps with JacQwan McRoy? We sell him on Ford being LT in '24, while he works on his S&C and skill development? Or even plays some at RT?
No, it won't help. Why would it help to present McRoy with an SC transfer for competition for playing time? It might hurt. Hopefully McRoy will like Kentucky and Yenser well enough to come on board and work for his chance to play. McRoy is one of my favorite Kentucky targets in 24 right behind Boley if he moves up, Mesman, and the twins.

Another site is reporting one of the Smith twins to announce his college choice on Thurs...odds on favorite: Ugly Hats (AKA UMich)

Not happening in the SEC. UK's official website says Ziesmer is 6'2" 245#. Reputable scouting reports say Ziesmer does not have a lot of projection, meaning that his body is mature and he probably won't be able to add much additional good weight. There has been a lot of internet debate and misinformation about this. Someone posted a photo of Ziesmer and Vince Marrow, claiming the photo showed that Ziesmer is as tall as Marrow. But that is not true. In the photo, it was easy to see that Marrow was leaning over to facilitate snapping the photo of both of them while Ziesmer was standing straight.

Many posts have compared Ziesmer to Josh Paschal, but Paschal is taller and 50# heavier.

UK uses a 3-4 or a 3-3-5 defense, and Stoops believes in smash mouth defense. UK's current starting DE is 6'4" 290#. You will never see a 6'2" 245# DE actually get onto the field in this system at UK. So Ziesmer is an SEC LB, and I think he will be a good one. It's fine, of course, if you don't believe me. Personally, I never judge a recruiting class for three years anyway.
Zeismer played/trained at the DE spot 100% of the spring.

Zeismer played/trained at the DE spot 100% of the spring.
Yes, because he will redshirt, and because the spring LB snaps were important for Jackson, Wallace, Wade, Fearbry, Matthews, and Thrower. But if Zeismer is going to play DE in a 3-3-5 SEC defense, he must add 25-30# of muscle. And he will have to beat out bigger, longer players with as much or more football talent. He doesn't have the build of a DE. I don't doubt his motor and toughness though.

Let's circle back to the subject of this thread, 2024 recruiting.

Looks like Jarod Smith committed to UM. He seemed to be the one that cut ND. Interesting to see if Jacob goes there slso. I would assume so but interesting that only one committed.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
^^^^ouch. Really hoping UK could get these 2 young men n the fold. How many scholarships does UM have? Good lord. Seems like we have been 0-15 against them the last 2 classes. Need to win some of these (h2h) battles for recruits. Hopefully, we can land Robinson.

Reactions: C.W.S.pipesealer
Yes, because he will redshirt, and because the spring LB snaps were important for Jackson, Wallace, Wade, Fearbry, Matthews, and Thrower. But if Zeismer is going to play DE in a 3-3-5 SEC defense, he must add 25-30# of muscle. And he will have to beat out bigger, longer players with as much or more football talent. He doesn't have the build of a DE. I don't doubt his motor and toughness though.

Let's circle back to the subject of this thread, 2024 recruiting.
We need to circle back and get some commitments. We are ranked 70th in country and dead last in SEC. Is anyone else truly worried? We sit here talking bout beating Bama, GA, Ugly Orange, but if we can't recruit, we will be lucky to beat Candy. What really is holding recruiting back? Something its missing and I'm beginning to not feel so good about our future. going to 9 SEC games will put us in a difficult position to win 6 gamws to go bowling.

We need to circle back and get some commitments. We are ranked 70th in country and dead last in SEC. Is anyone else truly worried? We sit here talking bout beating Bama, GA, Ugly Orange, but if we can't recruit, we will be lucky to beat Candy. What really is holding recruiting back? Something its missing and I'm beginning to not feel so good about our future. going to 9 SEC games will put us in a difficult position to win 6 gamws to go bowling.
Yeah, it's a concern but not as much for me with the whole portal thing. Do think that wherever UK gets players they need to step it up. UK needs 12-15 4*s or better a year moving forward. Maybe they're being "selective" or maybe they're bombing out. Would like to see some commits tho.

It's April. We went through this same group discussion a year ago. They don't sign for another 8 months. Therefore, the current class ranking is completely meaningless. Last year, some people were nearly frantic all through the spring and summer because of our internet class ranking. By February, we had a good class. Just have to wait and see who actually signs. Some years it is a deliberate coaching decision to save a lot of open scholarships for the fall, and I can understand why this may be one of those years. But we have to understand this. Stoops' classes always outperform their class rankings because our coaches are skillful evaluators of talent. It really can't be said enough that UK All Americans Bunchy Stallings, Logan Stenberg, Benny Snell, and Josh Allen were lightly recruited and lowly rated before playing at UK for Stoops. Almost no schools wanted Luke Fortner or Quinton Bohanna, and CRod was also lightly recruited. Stoops made stars out of them.

Last edited:
^^^^ouch. Really hoping UK could get these 2 young men n the fold. How many scholarships does UM have? Good lord. Seems like we have been 0-15 against them the last 2 classes. Need to win some of these (h2h) battles for recruits. Hopefully, we can land Robinson.
All of us hoped UK could sign the twins. But it has been apparent since last summer that it probably wouldn't happen. In the end, the twins showed no particular interest in playing in the SEC. They could have signed with AL. So this is no surprise. Stoops has offered scholarships to a lot of quality 2024 defensive prospects. UK's defense is one of the top units in the SEC, so I am confident we will sign a strong defensive class. The big question in my mind relates to which 2024 QB, RB, and OL prospects Coach Coen will sign.

Mesman just committed to Louisville
jack-off-jerk-off.gif

UL had playing time available where UK might not have. We have Anderson, LeMaster, Dingle and Kattus who are all young and very good. Currently UL is where we were a few years ago, selling playing time.
Did he even have an offer from UK?

2024 class update

Couple more new 2024 UK offers-

Dominic Kirks, DL, Cleveland, OH
Cameron Pruitt, ATH, Theodore, AL

Here are 2024 prospects scheduled to visit UK in June, with primary UK recruiters in parentheses. All of these players have strong Power 5 offer sheets considering it's still only April.

June 9

Jordan Floyd, OL, Lilburn, GA (Coach Collins) (5 SEC, 1 B10, 2 ACC offers)
Emanuel Ross, WR, Red Bank, NJ (Coach Woodward) (3 SEC, 3 B10, 5 ACC offers)

June 16

Cai Bates, DB, Orlando, FL (Coach Collins) (8 SEC, 7 B10 offers)
Rafael Dunn, DB, Lawrenceville, NJ (Coach White) (2 SEC, 4 B10 offers)
Jack Hines, OL, Avon, CT (Coach Woodward) (1 SEC, 3 B10, 5 ACC offers)
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Coach Boulware) (7 SEC, 6 B10, 5 ACC, 3 PAC12 offers)
Cameron Monteiro, WR, Brockton, MA (Coach Woodward) (2 SEC, 5 ACC offers)

UL had playing time available where UK might not have. We have Anderson, LeMaster, Dingle and Kattus who are all young and very good. Currently UL is where we were a few years ago, selling playing time.
True, but not sure why you would choose to play in the ACC when you have SEC and B10 offers and you are from a B10 state. Not a good decision. Should want to play the best.

True, but not sure why you would choose to play in the ACC when you have SEC and B10 offers and you are from a B10 state. Not a good decision. Should want to play the best.
Looks like Kentucky's coaches are angling to sign Witten, Kosin, or Mesman but happy to settle for Rodriguez. This would explain why Grover committed to Cincinnati. Mesman is off the board now, but he imposed this time frame on himself. Implicit in all of this is that Kentucky's coaches must have a high opinion of Rodriguez. No surprise since 4 other SEC staffs do too.

Looks like Kentucky's coaches are angling to sign Witten, Kosin, or Mesman but happy to settle for Rodriguez. This would explain why Grover committed to Cincinnati. Mesman is off the board now, but he imposed this time frame on himself. Implicit in all of this is that Kentucky's coaches must have a high opinion of Rodriguez. No surprise since 4 other SEC staffs do too.
They wanted grover as a hybrid TE. Mesman was possibly they're top TE target. Witten is probably a long shot due to them being big OSU fans, but UK is atleast getting an OV. Probably comes down to how many TEs OSU takes. They already have 1 commit. Rodriguez is not a backuo plan. ND is supposed to be going to visit. If that happens and they offer they will likely be the front runner. With that said UK would currently take both Rodriguez and Witten.

Reactions: SPECT imaging
They wanted grover as a hybrid TE. Mesman was possibly they're top TE target. Witten is probably a long shot due to them being big OSU fans, but UK is atleast getting an OV. Probably comes down to how many TEs OSU takes. They already have 1 commit. Rodriguez is not a backuo plan. ND is supposed to be going to visit. If that happens and they offer they will likely be the front runner. With that said UK would currently take both Rodriguez and Witten.
I was saying that our coaches seem to like Rodriguez a lot and would be happy to get him.

Reactions: Bereacat420
Our coaches are infatuated with Rodriguez of late bc he’s added a lot of good weight and is very athletic.

When he camped he was 210 and he’s now 230-240 with good weight.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
All of us hoped UK could sign the twins. But it has been apparent since last summer that it probably wouldn't happen. In the end, the twins showed no particular interest in playing in the SEC. They could have signed with AL. So this is no surprise. Stoops has offered scholarships to a lot of quality 2024 defensive prospects. UK's defense is one of the top units in the SEC, so I am confident we will sign a strong defensive class. The big question in my mind relates to which 2024 QB, RB, and OL prospects Coach Coen will sign.

Front page article says Jacob Smith has set an official visit...a little odd in light of his brother's decision last week...Rembrandt?

Front page article says Jacob Smith has set an official visit...a little odd in light of his brother's decision last week...Rembrandt?
It is more common for pairs of twins to sign together, but they can make whatever decision they want. If I had to guess, I still think they will probably end up at the same school. But if we can only sign one of them, I would gladly take Jacob. It would be good to have Jerod too. He appears to be a nice player. But Jacob looks like an edge LB, and the good edge LBs are really hard to find at this level.

Looks like another 2024 scholarship has been offered by Coach Boulware-

Johann Cardenas, RB, Houston, TX

June OVs continue to get scheduled. The list is already encouraging (see my 4/29 post). Two more planned OVs have become public this week-

Cam Dooley, LB, Valley, AL, visiting June 9
Crews Law, LB, Nashville, TN, visiting June 9

June OVs continue to get scheduled. The list is already encouraging (see my 4/29 post). Two more planned OVs have become public this week-

Cam Dooley, LB, Valley, AL, visiting June 9
Crews Law, LB, Nashville, TN, visiting June 9

Is it just me, or has there been a 180 on recruiting this year vs last? It seems last year we witnessed a period from signing day to August with much less recruiting info than this year and actual OVs. Is it because of the increase in allowed OVs to the same school? Just my impressions...maybe a different strategy with increased use of the portal? Interesting...

More new 2024 offers-

Jowhar Franklin, DL, New Orleans, LA
Justin Kattus, LB, Cincinnati, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Independence, KY
Antonio White, DB, Lilburn, GA

Justin Kattus is the brother of Josh and Tucker.

Antonio White plays in the states highest classification in the county that produces a large number of P5 players. His QB from 22 signed with Bama.

Jacob Smith, one-half of the Somerset Smith twins, is now scheduled to visit UK on June 9. FWIW, I still believe Jacob will probably end up in Ann Arbor with his twin brother, but that remains to be seen. In any case, that weekend is shaping up as a key recruiting weekend for our coaching staff early in the recruiting cycle. To summarize, we know these players have scheduled OVs to UK over the weekend of June 9.

Cam Dooley, LB, Valley, AL
Jordan Floyd, OL, Lilburn, GA
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY (UK commit)
Dominic Kirks, DL, Cleveland, OH
Crews Law, LB, Nashville, TN
Emanuel Ross, WR, Red Bank, NJ
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY (UK commit)
Jacob Smith, LB, Cheshire, CT

2025 QB prospect Cutter Boley will also be at UK for an unofficial visit on June 9.

The following prospects are scheduled to take OVs to UK over the weekend of June 16.

Cai Bates, DB, Orlando, FL
Jack Hines, OL, Avon, CT
Kendall Jackson, DL, Gainesville, FL
JacQwan McRoy, OL, Pinson, AL
Cameron Monteiro, WR, Brockton, MA
Dominic Nichols, DL, Ijamsville, MD
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Antonio White, WR, Lilburn, GA

Big month for recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT