ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Of course, this is the 2024 recruiting thread.

Interestingly, Rivals still has Boley as a ‘25 recruit, and his commitment has UK currently ranked as the 9th best prospective class for 2025 . . . and Boley is the only Kentucky ‘25 commitment!

Obviously, when Cutter Boley’s re-classification to the ‘24 Class hits, and just a few other chips fall in early June, our current ranking of 75th for the ‘24 Class will see a meteoric rise.

All of which is cool, given the increased status of Kentucky Football, and also I get to use cool words like “meteoric.”

Last edited:
Updated campus visit schedule for next month-

June 2

Felix Doege, OL, Rabun Gap, GA

June 6

Alex Foster, DL, Greenville, MS

June 9

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY (UK commit)
Cam Dooley, DB, Valley, AL
Jordan Floyd, OL, Lilburn, GA
Kevin Heywood, OL, Royersford, PA
Fred Johnson, OL, Cleveland, OH
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY (UK commit)
D'Shawntae Jones, RB, Cleveland, OH
Cameron Keys, DB, Lynn Haven, FL
Dominic Kirks, DL, Cleveland, OH
Crews Law, LB, Nashville, TN
Brian Robinson, LB/DL, Youngstown, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Alexandria, KY
Emanuel Ross, WR, Red Bank, NJ
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY (UK commit)
Steven Soles, LB, Powell, TN
Jacob Smith, LB, Cheshire, CT
Antonio White, WR, Lilburn, GA
Damarion Witten, TE, Cleveland, OH

June 16

Johann Cardenas, RB, Houston, TX
Rafael Dunn, DB, Lawrenceville, NJ
Jack Hines, OL, Avon, CT
Kendall Jackson, DL, Gainesville, FL
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Cameron Monteiro, WR, Brockton, MA
Dominic Nichols, LB, Ijamsville, MD
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO

I think Cam Dooley, Jordan Floyd, Fred Johnson, and D'Shawntae Jones may be leaning to UK. Possibly Johann Cardenas too. Possibly Jack Hines. Possibly Caleb Redd. Possibly Emanuel Ross. I also believe many of these offensive prospects will be influenced by Boley's recent commitment. That doesn't guarantee anything. It's only May. But if all these visits next month go well, we should see at least a couple more commitments.
Kevin Levy was added to the 16th. Is McRoy still visiting then?

Kevin Levy was added to the 16th. Is McRoy still visiting then?
Thanks. McRoy is scheduled to OV to AR on June 9. I can't find any confirmation that he is currently planning to OV elsewhere, but there are reports that he is strongly interested in OR. He is not on UK's current OV schedule. I think our chances to sign him have declined.

Kevin Levy is an ATH from W Palm Beach. Levy is being recruited by Coach Mike Stoops and reportedly holds at least 4 SEC offers. At this point he is thought to like FL and UK. Levy has played WR and DB for Cardinal Newman hs and is also a sprinter on their track team. As reported by Bereacat, Levy is now scheduled to OV UK on June 16.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Thanks. McRoy is scheduled to OV to AR on June 9. I can't find any confirmation that he is currently planning to OV elsewhere, but there are reports that he is strongly interested in OR. He is not on UK's current OV schedule. I think our chances to sign him have declined.

Kevin Levy is an ATH from W Palm Beach. Levy is being recruited by Coach Mike Stoops and reportedly holds at least 4 SEC offers. At this point he is thought to like FL and UK. Levy has played WR and DB for Cardinal Newman hs and is also a sprinter on their track team. As reported by Bereacat, Levy is now scheduled to OV UK on June 16.
I'm sure it is a long shot but Rowland has him in his article on expected visitors. A couple others posted they seen he was visiting in June. I don"t see anything to confirm that. It does look like he really likes Oregon. Though he had a big jump in a couple rankings, he is more like goodwin and doesnt move the best. Haywood is def a better prospect. Though many say he is leaning PSU. We will see how it unfolds.

I'm sure it is a long shot but Rowland has him in his article on expected visitors. A couple others posted they seen he was visiting in June. I don"t see anything to confirm that. It does look like he really likes Oregon. Though he had a big jump in a couple rankings, he is more like goodwin and doesnt move the best. Haywood is def a better prospect. Though many say he is leaning PSU. We will see how it unfolds.
Of course, we don't know what these players are actually thinking. All we know is what has been reported, which may or may not be accurate. It is being said elsewhere that Heywood leans to PA St and McRoy to OR. As long as Heywood OVs us, we have a chance. I still can't find any current evidence that McRoy plans to visit Lexington. But there were some older reports that McRoy might visit Lexington. Maybe that explains why some people still think it is scheduled. IDK.

What we do know for sure is that Stoops, Marrow, and Coen are placing an emphasis on our OL in this class. Selm and Johnson have committed. Heywood, Jack Hines, Fred Johnson, Jordan Floyd, and Felix Doege have scheduled OVs to Lexington. Doege has a lot of offers but only two are Power 5. The other guys have strong Power 5 offer sheets. All of them have great frames and any would be great additions to our class.

It has been said by some gurus that having huge recruiting weekends with many prospects and families participating can actually be counterproductive, because coaches can't possibly pay enough attention to every family if the visiting list is large. I bring this up because UK is planning two huge recruiting weekends on June 9 and June 16 as we have been covering here.

On the one hand, the timing seems good for us since Boley just committed and Coach Coen is back. Furthermore, many other SEC programs are also recruiting these same prospects right now.

But OTOH, our coaches will need to do a great job ensuring that every family gets lots of attention and every visiting recruit feels the love. Coach Stoops and the position coaches have to get it done, but the coordinators and grad assistants can help a lot.

Huge recruiting weekends are fun for fans because they generate headlines and expectations. But are these big weekends the best way to recruit? I am hoping for a couple of commitments. Is this going to happen? What are your thoughts about June 9 and June 16?

It has been said by some gurus that having huge recruiting weekends with many prospects and families participating can actually be counterproductive, because coaches can't possibly pay enough attention to every family if the visiting list is large. I bring this up because UK is planning two huge recruiting weekends on June 9 and June 16 as we have been covering here.

On the one hand, the timing seems good for us since Boley just committed and Coach Coen is back. Furthermore, many other SEC programs are also recruiting these same prospects right now.

But OTOH, our coaches will need to do a great job ensuring that every family gets lots of attention and every visiting recruit feels the love. Coach Stoops and the position coaches have to get it done, but the coordinators and grad assistants can help a lot.

Huge recruiting weekends are fun for fans because they generate headlines and expectations. But are these big weekends the best way to recruit? I am hoping for a couple of commitments. Is this going to happen? What are your thoughts about June 9 and June 16?
Fine line balancing act, dare I say gamble? I can see both sides of the large numbers vs small numbers argument. UK clearly feels comfortable with having 12-15, maybe even 18, visitors. Of course, they know/sense a heck of a lot more than fans do. It'll be fun watching the juggling act as things unfold.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm hoping for 5 commits by June's end.

Fine line balancing act, dare I say gamble? I can see both sides of the large numbers vs small numbers argument. UK clearly feels comfortable with having 12-15, maybe even 18, visitors. Of course, they know/sense a heck of a lot more than fans do. It'll be fun watching the juggling act as things unfold.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm hoping for 5 commits by June's end.
I hope you are right mrschwump. Seeing that it will be June and the signing date will still be 6 months away, I can't see 5 new commitments coming this fast. The purpose will be well served if a bunch of these prospects sign with us in December, but I don't expect very many to shop impulsively, so to speak. I imagine most will go home with their families, take their other visits, and then decide later. Most of these players already have visits scheduled to other schools after they visit Lexington, and it would be unusual to cancel visits this early in the recruiting season.

However, with Boley having just committed, Coach Coen being back, and the enthusiasm generated by the weekend event, I do expect a commitment or two to follow shortly after these visits. Every year, we receive a couple of commitments in June. Should happen again.

So the question becomes which of these guys who will OV soon might already be leaning toward UK prior to these upcoming visits? This is my uneducated guess-

Cam Dooley
Jordan Floyd
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
D'Shawntae Jones
Willie Rodriguez

I am not trying to predict when these six prospects will commit or even where they will sign in December. I am only suggesting these six could be leaning toward UK at this point in time. Am I close?

I hope you are right mrschwump. Seeing that it will be June and the signing date will still be 6 months away, I can't see 5 new commitments coming this fast. The purpose will be well served if a bunch of these prospects sign with us in December, but I don't expect very many to shop impulsively, so to speak. I imagine most will go home with their families, take their other visits, and then decide later. Most of these players already have visits scheduled to other schools after they visit Lexington, and it would be unusual to cancel visits this early in the recruiting season.

However, with Boley having just committed, Coach Coen being back, and the enthusiasm generated by the weekend event, I do expect a commitment or two to follow shortly after these visits. Every year, we receive a couple of commitments in June. Should happen again.

So the question becomes which of these guys who will OV soon might already be leaning toward UK prior to these upcoming visits? This is my uneducated guess-

Cam Dooley
Jordan Floyd
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
D'Shawntae Jones
Willie Rodriguez

I am not trying to predict when these six prospects will commit or even where they will sign in December. I am only suggesting these six could be leaning toward UK at this point in time. Am I close?
I'd say that's pretty close, would add Nashville LB Laws to that list. Do expect players to take their visits elsewhere but UK can be selective too. I'm especially interested in how they balance OL and RBs, lots of offers out.

I'd say that's pretty close, would add Nashville LB Laws to that list.

I thought about putting Crews Law on my list but he has an OV scheduled to hometown Vandy on June 16 and then another OV to UNC on June 23. It has been said elsewhere that he really likes UNC, and UNC gets him on campus after the other two schools.

Do expect players to take their visits elsewhere but UK can be selective too. I'm especially interested in how they balance OL and RBs, lots of offers out.

Me too. With Karngbaye on board now, I think Stoops takes two RBs in his 2024 class. Wright and Wilcox are due back, but I think he would prefer to keep five scholarship RBs on the roster. On the OL, we already have Selm and Johnson. Stoops is going to take either four or five. Others have disagreed with me but I still maintain Selm and Johnson will end up as OGs. More talking heads are coming around to that point of view now, and almost everyone is now listing Selm as a future OG. If I am right, then Stoops still needs to add a minimum of two true OTs in 2024 (think Jordan Floyd, Jack Hines). And since he also appears very interested in Fred Johnson, another OG, I am inclined to think he may take five.

Last edited:
I thought about putting Crews Law on my list but he has an OV scheduled to hometown Vandy on June 16 and then another OV to UNC on June 23. It has been said elsewhere that he really likes UNC, and UNC gets him on campus after the other two schools.

Me too. With Karngbaye on board now, I think Stoops takes two RBs in his 2024 class. Wright and Wilcox are due back, but I think he would prefer to keep five scholarship RBs on the roster. On the OL, we already have Selm and Johnson. Stoops is going to take either four or five. Others have disagreed with me but I still maintain Selm and Johnson will end up as OGs. More talking heads are coming around to that point of view now, and almost everyone is now listing Selm as a future OG. If I am right, then Stoops still needs to add a minimum of two true OTs in 2024 (think Jordan Floyd, Jack Hines). And since he also appears very interested in Fred Johnson, another OG, I am inclined to think he may take five.
Re Law, I'm hoping he understands he'll play a more competitive D at UK. By the same token, he may see PT earlier at UNC, that could sway him.

Think UK takes 5 OL. Think H. Johnson for sure moves to OG but Selm could stay at OT, specifically RT. With the portal there's less pressure to sign "game ready" OTs. I continue to be blown away by UK bringing in 7-8 PWO OL. UK looking to build a foundation up OL program. I imagine Drake Jackson's going to be a very busy young man!

Re Law, I'm hoping he understands he'll play a more competitive D at UK. By the same token, he may see PT earlier at UNC, that could sway him.

Think UK takes 5 OL. Think H. Johnson for sure moves to OG but Selm could stay at OT, specifically RT. With the portal there's less pressure to sign "game ready" OTs. I continue to be blown away by UK bringing in 7-8 PWO OL. UK looking to build a foundation up OL program. I imagine Drake Jackson's going to be a very busy young man!
We will be fortunate if any of the PWOs develop to a point of playing important snaps, but the list really is fairly impressive. DJ put some serious work into it.

I would really like for us to get Jordan Floyd. Strong young man with at least five SEC offers. Of course, it would be fantastic to beat out PA St for Kevin Heywood.

Apparently McRoy is now planning to visit UK after all. Recruiting season never ceases to surprise.

I hope UK can sign McRoy but Goodwin really burned me on expectations(that's on me, I've been around long enough, should've known better). Glad to get the visit.
When an offensive lineman is that large and that long, certain fundamental issues must get addressed early in the college career. Footwork, balance, bend, consistent pad level, hand fighting, nutrition, for example. Regardless of upside, the player cannot excel without first coming to grips with these basics. He will be asked to block defenders shorter and quicker than he is. That means setting a base and understanding how to win an area. Tony Boselli and Anthony Munoz were the best I ever saw among larger OTs who mastered the fundamentals and dominated top pass rushers on the edge. It takes a certain amount of intelligence and willpower. Goodwin never got himself off square 1. And that again exposes the problem with online star ratings. Nobody can predict how one athlete will cope and adapt. Maybe Goodwin will make progress at FL. IDK. OTOH Landon Young was a long, athletic OT who kept getting better because he worked at it. Young always understood eating right and working hard.

I still don't think UK has a very good chance to sign McRoy, but the Lexington visit means it's possible. Wherever he goes, McRoy will have to eat right and work hard. He is similar to Goodwin physically, but so was Michael Oher. How these cases turn out seems to be very much an individual journey. All other things being equal, it would really help Zach Yenser's career to sign McRoy and develop him successfully. OTOH, it could be disastrous for Yenser to sign McRoy and not get the development done right. In my mind, the book is still out on Yenser.

When an offensive lineman is that large and that long, certain fundamental issues must get addressed early in the college career. Footwork, balance, bend, consistent pad level, hand fighting, nutrition, for example. Regardless of upside, the player cannot excel without first coming to grips with these basics. He will be asked to block defenders shorter and quicker than he is. That means setting a base and understanding how to win an area. Tony Boselli and Anthony Munoz were the best I ever saw among larger OTs who mastered the fundamentals and dominated top pass rushers on the edge. It takes a certain amount of intelligence and willpower. Goodwin never got himself off square 1. And that again exposes the problem with online star ratings. Nobody can predict how one athlete will cope and adapt. Maybe Goodwin will make progress at FL. IDK. OTOH Landon Young was a long, athletic OT who kept getting better because he worked at it. Young always understood eating right and working hard.

I still don't think UK has a very good chance to sign McRoy, but the Lexington visit means it's possible. Wherever he goes, McRoy will have to eat right and work hard. He is similar to Goodwin physically, but so was Michael Oher. How these cases turn out seems to be very much an individual journey. All other things being equal, it would really help Zach Yenser's career to sign McRoy and develop him successfully. OTOH, it could be disastrous for Yenser to sign McRoy and not get the development done right. In my mind, the book is still out on Yenser.

Young was a wrestler, a state champion wrestler. He arrived at UK with the willpower to control his weight, the foot work and balance needed to be play OT in the SEC. He just got better at everything. Goodwin never gave himself a chance to be effective much less a player on Young's level.

Reactions: mrschwump
Young was a wrestler, a state champion wrestler. He arrived at UK with the willpower to control his weight, the foot work and balance needed to be play OT in the SEC. He just got better at everything. Goodwin never gave himself a chance to be effective much less a player on Young's level.
So it would seem. Landon Young was a good athlete and a real grinder. Prototypical LT who just kept getting better. We don't have anyone like that on our current roster although Nik Hall could become that kind of player.

DB prospect Vaboue Toure has scheduled a visit to UK June 13-15. Toure, from Irvington hs in Irvington, NJ, is being recruited by Coach White. He reportedly holds offers from at least four B10 (including OH St) and three SEC (including AL) schools, as well as from ND. Reportedly, his UK visit is the only OV he has scheduled to date. Although I wouldn't count on it, there is some circumstantial evidence that Toure may be leaning toward UK.

Reactions: Davae9
DB prospect Vaboue Toure has scheduled a visit to UK June 13-15. Toure, from Irvington hs in Irvington, NJ, is being recruited by Coach White. He reportedly holds offers from at least four B10 (including OH St) and three SEC (including AL) schools, as well as from ND. Reportedly, his UK visit is the only OV he has scheduled to date. Although I wouldn't count on it, there is some circumstantial evidence that Toure may be leaning toward UK.
I remember that Vaboue Toure unofficially visited fairly recently in April, so him coming back so soon after that seems to be a good sign for UKs chances here. Also can’t hurt that UK could have Nasir Addison (His HS teammate and close friend from the 2023 class) heavily involved in his visit if he’s arrived on campus by then.

How does he compare with Mayer?
Mayer was more physically advanced than is Rodriguez at the same point in their development. Rodriguez has a nose for the ball, but reminds me of Coldiron (2019 CovCath TE that plays for Miami, OH) more than Mayer.

Mayer was more physically advanced than is Rodriguez at the same point in their development. Rodriguez has a nose for the ball, but reminds me of Coldiron (2019 CovCath TE that plays for Miami, OH) more than Mayer.
BTW, Mayer was gigged in the NFL draft because of short arms, heard the "experts" talking about it on draft night.

I don't mean to turn this well though out thread into a Goodwin discussion but one final comment on him. There were warning signs that people like myself ignored. Multiple HSs, previous weight problems with weight exceeding 400 lbs, but losing weight and entering a private gym was encouraging signs that maybe the light finally came on. Guess old habits are hard to break.

We were late in recruiting Willie Rodriguez, but our coaches (especially Marrow) have made up the ground and I think we will sign him. Recruiting is full of surprises, but I will be surprised if Rodriguez is not a member of our 2024 class.

About big recruiting weekends with lots of visitors, to quote Mad Men, "That's what the money is for!".

We're a winning SEC program, lavishing fantastic 2 1/2 days of attention and luxury treatment to lots of highly recruited young men & their families better be the norm, not a hope or goal. If a lot of the huge SEC TV money isn't invested massively in recruiting visits....then what is the point? Busy weekends needing lots of planning and coordination is why the pretty young gal was hired away from the Texas A&M staff after their #1 2022 signings.

The sucess baseline for this June is pretty low, since June 2022 couldn't have been more horrible. Heck it already looks and feels 200X better, thanks to Coen & Boley.

How does he compare with Mayer?
Frankly, I’m not following recruiting as closely this year.

Anytime a name is mentioned I like to look his Rival’s bio up and also link it into the thread.

He’s a big player the coaches like, so I like him!!

If a lot of the huge SEC TV money isn't invested massively in recruiting visits....then what is the point?

Barnhart has presided over massive increases in our recruiting and payroll budgets. Our recruiting budget is far higher than it has ever been before. These budgetary increases are approved by the Board of Trustees Committee on Athletics and implemented by our athletics department. When the coaching staff sets up a huge recruiting weekend, we can be confident it is well funded because otherwise they don't have to do it this way.

However, SEC TV money and NIL are too different subjects. By rule, NIL comes from private sources. SEC TV money doesn't enter into NIL, as you may already know. Some people still don't know this.

The sucess baseline for this June is pretty low, since June 2022 couldn't have been more horrible. Heck it already looks and feels 200X better, thanks to Coen & Boley.

Coen is having a big impact on recruiting, as we hoped he would. But the heaviest load is still being carried by Marrow, White, Collins, Woodward, and Mike Stoops. I can also see the hand of Coach Boulware already having an impact, and I'm sure Coach Stewart will bring a couple of big commitments before this class is complete.

Each year, Stoops decides whether he wants to burn most of his open scholarships in the spring and summer or else save a significant number of scholarships for November and December. A lot of considerations go into the decision. It was irrevant that players didn't commit last June. The decisive month is December. This is why compulsion with class rankings can be misleading. I know for a fact that some our fans obsessed in 2022 with the fact that UL's early class ranking was high. So what? The end result in December and February showed again that was also irrelevant.

Most years, we get a few commitments in June. Not a lot, but a few. We have two huge recruiting weekends coming up next month, but almost all of these prospects will visit other schools after they visit Lexington. When they visit Lexington, their parents will visit with them. I don't expect many of them to commit impulsively to UK. They will tour the campus and talk with our coaches. Then, most will take that information home, make their other visits, and decide on a school on their own timetable. IMO there will probably be a couple of June commitments, but players with the most Power 5 options are going to take their time with their decisions. Players who feel they are late bloomers in the gym may also wait for new offers in the fall.

If Stoops is betting on his team's performance next fall, he will save a healthy number of open scholarships for the fall recruiting season.

Reactions: delk4three and JC-3
More new 2024 UK offers-

Jaylin Lackey, DB, Snellville, GA
CJ Williams, OL, Deerfield, FL
Gabriel Williams, LB, Laurel, MD
Malcolm Ziglar, DB, Fuquay Varina, NC

Reportedly, Lackey has run the 100m in 10.85 and holds at least two SEC offers.

That's some good speed, with the concentration of talent there a good play can get lost in the numbers. Usually 2-3 teams in the county are ranked nationally. Of course they do an excellent job of recruiting too. One is building a 50m stadium funded by donations.

Let's circle back to the subject of UK's 2024 recruiting class, the thread topic.

This is an update of 2024 names UK's coaches are reportedly recruiting most actively at this point in time. This is not intended as an all inclusive list, and I am not trying to predict where any of these players will ultimately sign. However, given the level attention and interest, many of these players will end up in UK's 2024 class. Many of these players are either recent offers or else players who will OV UK soon. I believe our final 2024 class will have about 20 signees, and there will also be more inbound transfers next year.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, Kevin Heywood, Jordan Floyd, Jack Hines, Fred Johnson, Felix Doege, Donovan Thompson, CJ Williams

TE- Damarion Witten Willie Rodriguez

WR- Kamron Mikell, Emanuel Ross, Cameron Monteiro, Brandon Rehmann, Antonio White

RB- D'Shawntae Jones, Johann Cardenas, Tovani Mizell, Duke Watson

QB- Cutter Boley (UK commit)

DL- Kendall Jackson, Dominic Nichols, Dominic Kirks, Alex Foster, Quintavius Johnson

LB- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Gabriel Williams, Devin Smith, Crews Law, Steven Soles, Caleb Redd, Jashad Presley, Lorenzo Cowan, Amontrae Bradford

DB- Aaron Scott, Vaboue Toure, Camron Keys, Terhyon Nichols, Cameron Pruitt, Rafael Dunn, Cam Dooley, Casey Etienne, Jason Cross, Jaden Smith, Jathan Hatch, Trelain Maddox, Jaylin Lackey

Last edited:
Let's circle back to the subject of UK's 2024 recruiting class, the thread topic.

This is an update of 2024 names UK's coaches are reportedly recruiting most actively at this point in time. This is not intended as an all inclusive list, and I am not trying to predict where any of these players will ultimately sign. However, given the level attention and interest, many of these players will end up in UK's 2024 class. Many of these players are either recent offers or else players who will OV UK soon. I believe our final 2024 class will have about 20 signees, and there will also be more inbound transfers next year.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, Kevin Heywood, Jordan Floyd, Jack Hines, Fred Johnson, Felix Doege, Donovan Thompson, CJ Williams

TE- Damarion Witten Willie Rodriguez

WR- Kamron Mikell, Emanuel Ross, Cameron Monteiro, Brandon Rehmann, Antonio White

RB- D'Shawntae Jones, Johann Cardenas, Tovani Mizell, Duke Watson

QB- Cutter Boley (UK commit)

DL- Kendall Jackson, Dominic Nichols, Dominic Kirks, Alex Foster, Quintavius Johnson

LB- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Gabriel Williams, Devin Smith, Crews Law, Steven Soles, Caleb Redd, Lorenzo Cowan, Amontrae Bradford

DB- Aaron Scott, Vaboue Toure, Camron Keys, Terhyon Nichols, Cameron Pruitt, Rafael Dunn, Cam Dooley, Casey Etienne, Jason Cross, Jaden Smith, Jathan Hatch, Trelain Maddox, Jaylin Lackey
Noticed you didn't include the Luniewski brothers from Ohio on your OL list, do you think UK's moved on from them? I do think some OL on your list are a cut above them.

Noticed you didn't include the Luniewski brothers from Ohio on your OL list, do you think UK's moved on from them?

I think the brothers are leaning toward MI St. They have not set up OVs to UK. They have set up one OV, and that will be to MI St on June 23. If the brothers OV to UK, then I will put them back on my list. But I don't think that will happen. I believe we have moved on.

I do think some OL on your list are a cut above them.
So far, five uncommitted OL prospects have scheduled visits to UK next month. That number may yet increase. That, of course, doesn't count Selm and Johnson.

When we look at this group of OL prospects, we must be cognizant of which players project as OTs at the next level and which project as OGs. UK's current roster is deeper at OG than at OT, and our new starting LT will graduate after the 2023 season. Nik Hall missed spring practice with an undisclosed injury, which may or may not have future implications. So the need for projectable OTs in our 2024 class is high. OTs have to be a recruiting priority, even if Stoops is compelled to take another LT in the next transfer portal window. And I realize Courtland Ford could eventually be a LT candidate, but I don't consider him a slam dunk.

One of the Luniewski brothers (Mercer) projects as a LT, but the brothers are not focused on UK at this moment. Maybe that is because they like the B10, or maybe because UK's coaches like JacQuan McRoy, Kevin Heywood, Jordan Floyd, and Jack Hines. The latter four will visit UK in the next month. So, whatever the reasons, these four have become the immediate priorities. I still remain skeptical whether UK can sign McRoy or Heywood, but getting them on campus means it is still a realistic hope. OTOH I believe UK has a high chance of getting Floyd and Hines if their offers are committable. Floyd, in particular, has a very attractive offer sheet and might be underrated, although I think he probably has to play on the right side. They need a LT in the class, and that is why McRoy, Heyward, and Hines will be here next month.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT