ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Per KSR, 2024 activity on campus this week:
Earl Culp, 4* Cb FL, unofficial visited
Kai Greer, 3* OT NC, unofficial visited
Fred Johnson Jr, 3* OT, OH, unofficoal visited

Also 3* athlete Justin Denson of RI indicated UK will be among his favorite, same HS as Liam Coen. Has offers from Notre Dame, Bama, Penn St.

Last edited:
Per KSR, 2024 activity on campus this week:
Earl Culp, 4* Cb FL, unofficial visited
Kai Greer, 3* OT NC, unofficial visited
Fred Johnson Jr, 3* OT, OH, unofficoal visited

Also 3* athlete Justin Denson of RI indicated UK will be among his favorite, same HS as Liam Coen. Has offers from Notre Dame, Bama, Penn St.
Whenever a hs football player visits our spring practice, that means they are serious about UK and want to get to know our coaches and players better. It doesn't necessrily mean we will sign them, but it generally means we have a good shot. Some of these players that are visiting our spring practice will eventually be Wildcats.

Whenever a hs football player visits our spring practice, that means they are serious about UK and want to get to know our coaches and players better. It doesn't necessrily mean we will sign them, but it generally means we have a good shot. Some of these players that are visiting our spring practice will eventually be Wildcats.
True, have noticed an increased emphasis in Florida. Mike Stoops has been especially active but UK's been busy in New England too.

Who r the cats looking best with in 24?
You mean, besides Hayes Johnson and Aba Selm? Hard to say because we don't know which UK offers are currently committable. They won't sign until next December, so this is just guesswork. If I had to name a list of uncommitted prospects who might possibly commit to UK's 2024 class before the end of spring, it would probably include-

Shaun Boykins
Gavin Grover
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
Terhyon Nichols
Darius Wiley

But I am not able to speak authoritatively on whether Boykins' or Wiley's offers are currently committable. I have no doubt that Coach Marrow would accept Nichols, Grover, and the Luniewski twins. But I am not predicting where any of these players will actually sign.

If I guess at a list of 2024 prospects our coaches are focused on and recruiting hardest right now, it would no doubt include-

Koy Beasley
Alex Foster
Jay Harper
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
Cameron Keys
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
JacQwan McRoy
Cameron Monteiro
Terhyon Nichols
John Wayne Oliver
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Aaron Scott

I am not suggesting these players will necessarily end up at UK, and I am not saying these are the only players our coaches are recruiting hard this spring. It's still very early, and recruiting is a team sport. Sometimes a player will fall into a coaching staff's lap late in the recruiting season because he has waited too long to make it into another school's class.

You mean, besides Hayes Johnson and Aba Selm? Hard to say because we don't know which UK offers are currently committable. They won't sign until next December, so this is just guesswork. If I had to name a list of uncommitted prospects who might possibly commit to UK's 2024 class before the end of spring, it would probably include-

Shaun Boykins
Gavin Grover
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
Terhyon Nichols
Darius Wiley

But I am not able to speak authoritatively on whether Boykins' or Wiley's offers are currently committable. I have no doubt that Coach Marrow would accept Nichols, Grover, and the Luniewski twins. But I am not predicting where any of these players will actually sign.

If I guess at a list of 2024 prospects our coaches are focused on and recruiting hardest right now, it would no doubt include-

Koy Beasley
Alex Foster
Jay Harper
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
Cameron Keys
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
JacQwan McRoy
Cameron Monteiro
Terhyon Nichols
John Wayne Oliver
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Aaron Scott

I am not suggesting these players will necessarily end up at UK, and I am not saying these are the only players our coaches are recruiting hard this spring. It's still very early, and recruiting is a team sport. Sometimes a player will fall into a coaching staff's lap late in the recruiting season because he has waited too long to make it into another school's class.
Another they seem currently be in with is Boley. I personally didn't think it would happen. Rowland said he would be making his decision before school starts and at that time would also tell which class. With a few others committing and teams like Tenn getting their qb, it seems more likely he ends reclasses and commits to UK. We all know a lot can happen in 3-4 months

Another they seem currently be in with is Boley. I personally didn't think it would happen. Rowland said he would be making his decision before school starts and at that time would also tell which class. With a few others committing and teams like Tenn getting their qb, it seems more likely he ends reclasses and commits to UK. We all know a lot can happen in 3-4 months
Boley is 2025. This is the 2024 thread. I know there has been discussion of Boley reclassifying to 2024. But until that happens, he is in the 2025 discussion.

I will share my impressions. They won't be popular. I love Boley's length and athletic tools. I like the improvement he demonstrated on the field in 2022. So did coaches of almost every major program. The kid can go anywhere he wants. Boley's family are said to be UK fans, so you would think UK would be in the driver's seat here, more or less. KSR is working overtime to create the impression that UK leads for Boley, and I have no doubt that tactic is getting them some extra clicks. But I try to look at as many sources as I can, because nobody has all the answers. It is pretty clear from Boley's own comments that Rich Scangarello fell way behind in Boley's recruitment, and Coach Coen is playing catchup. For a 2025 prospect, Boley has visited a lot of campuses. Right there, that tells me that it is too early to name a leader. Boley likes Coen, but his exposure to recruitment by so many ranked programs means he is seeing the best facilities in the country and hearing the best recruiting pitches. UK is certainly competitive, but I am not getting the feeling that Boley will lean toward UK just because UK is his home state school. Coach Coen will actually have to out-recruit all of Boley's other options, including ND, OH St, MI, PA St, and most of the SEC. It is entirely possible that Boley might pick UK at the end of the day. But IMO it is more likely that Boley, like Damian Harris, Jedrick Wills, and Michael Mayer, is a Kentuckian who is willing to look at all of his options and maybe pick an out of state opportunity. You can tell Stoops and Marrow understand this because they are recruiting Ryan Montgomery and Stone Saunders very hard.

For similar reasons, I don't believe the Smith twins are coming to UK either. And despite all of this, I believe Coach Stoops will sign strong classes in the top half of the SEC in both 2024 and 2025. I don't believe in "must signs". There are too many possibilities out there.

Boley is 2025. This is the 2024 thread. I know there has been discussion of Boley reclassifying to 2024. But until that happens, he is in the 2025 discussion.

I will share my impressions. They won't be popular. I love Boley's length and athletic tools. I like the improvement he demonstrated on the field in 2022. So did coaches of almost every major program. The kid can go anywhere he wants. Boley's family are said to be UK fans, so you would think UK would be in the driver's seat here, more or less. KSR is working overtime to create the impression that UK leads for Boley, and I have no doubt that tactic is getting them some extra clicks. But I try to look at as many sources as I can, because nobody has all the answers. It is pretty clear from Boley's own comments that Rich Scangarello fell way behind in Boley's recruitment, and Coach Coen is playing catchup. For a 2025 prospect, Boley has visited a lot of campuses. Right there, that tells me that it is too early to name a leader. Boley likes Coen, but his exposure to recruitment by so many ranked programs means he is seeing the best facilities in the country and hearing the best recruiting pitches. UK is certainly competitive, but I am not getting the feeling that Boley will lean toward UK just because UK is his home state school. Coach Coen will actually have to out-recruit all of Boley's other options, including ND, OH St, MI, PA St, and most of the SEC. It is entirely possible that Boley might pick UK at the end of the day. But IMO it is more likely that Boley, like Damian Harris, Jedrick Wills, and Michael Mayer, is a Kentuckian who is willing to look at all of his options and maybe pick an out of state opportunity. You can tell Stoops and Marrow understand this because they are recruiting Ryan Montgomery and Stone Saunders very hard.

For similar reasons, I don't believe the Smith twins are coming to UK either. And despite all of this, I believe Coach Stoops will sign strong classes in the top half of the SEC in both 2024 and 2025. I don't believe in "must signs". There are too many possibilities out there.
Maybe I'm reading something into it that's not there but it seems to me UK may prefer Montgomery over Boley, sensing Montgomery has played against better competition. Just a guess based on nothing but a hunch. I'm not going to fret about it one way or the other, I think with Coen UK will find a good QB.

So we can't discuss on this board but you did. JK. Anyway. I've felt the same way and still do to some extent. Until the last few weeks I didnt think UK was close and maybe they're not. He has also made multiple visits to UK lately. His convos with Rowland have made it sound like he really liking Coen. Of course he really likes a few other schools also. The reason I posted that was he has said lately he would announce before the season his school and that he would announce which class he would be in. Everything is pointing towards him reclassing. Is that to UK who knows. There is a really good chance that he moves back into the '24 class though.

I don't want to leak classified information from the paid forum, but it's safe to say that the chances with Boley may be a bit higher than thought here.
Just because you have to pay to look at it does not mean they know where a player will sign. There have been a whole lot of examples where paid sites weren't anymore accurate about a prospect's intentions than anyone else was. The writers do a good job of writing, but that in itself doesn't prove they know. That right there is the reason I don't pay to subscribe. Of course, I would like for Boley to sign with UK. The arrival of Liam Coen makes that realistic to hope for. But if anyone outside of Boley or his parents say at this point they know where Boley will sign, I don't believe them. Pay site or not.

So we can't discuss on this board but you did. JK. Anyway. I've felt the same way and still do to some extent.

I am sure Boley hasn't made a decision, because he is still visiting multiple campuses. And because he is visiting multiple campuses, I am sure there is a significant chance it won't be UK at the end of the day. But I am also sure that the return of Liam Coen has gotten UK back into the legitimate competition.

Reactions: UKat1
Just looking at how our 2024 recruiting class is trending so far. Vince Marrow is really pounding the greater Cincinnati area. Still waiting and wondering what kind of a recruiting impact Liam Coen will have, but I don't think we will know that until next December. Looks like a weaker instate class this year.

There is plenty of time until the signing date, and plenty of new names will come up. Typically, we hear new names in June and then again in the fall.

For now, though, here are some 2024 names that seem to be receiving a lot of attention from our coaching staff this spring. I am not suggesting this is an all inclusive list (it isn't), and I am not predicting where any of these players will actually sign in December. This is just an indication of obvious spring trends in our recruiting activities.

OL- Aba Selm (UK commit), Hayes Johnson (UK commit), JacQwan McRoy, John Wayne Oliver, Jack Hines, Fred Johnson, Jordan Floyd, Charlton Luniewski, Mercer Luniewski, Deryc Plazz, Tommy Ricard

TE- Gavin Grover, Dylan Mesman, Brody Kosin, Willie Rodriguez

WR- Emanuel Ross, Cameron Coleman, Shaun Boykins, Cameron Monteiro

RB- Peyton Lewis, Tito Glass, Khyair Spain

QB- I believe the 2024 QB prospect list is still under evaluation by Coach Coen. Coach Coen returned to Lexington just in time to prepare for spring practice. Now, his attention is turning to recruiting. So far, no uncommitted 2024 QBs are receiving obvious attention from him, although everyone is waiting to see whether Cutter Boley reclassifies forward to 2024. It is known that Coen has talked with DJ Lagway, but Lagway remains committed to FL.

DL- Brian Robinson, Jacob Smith, Jerod Smith, Kendall Jackson, Darius Wiley, Nasir Johnson, Alex Foster

LB- Elias Rudolph, James Nesta, Ashton Woods, Keyshawn Flowers, Devin Smith, Kash Mallory

DB- Aaron Scott, Brandon Jacob, Koy Beasley, Terhyon Nichols, Cam Dooley, Cai Bates, Cameron Keys, Jaden Smith, Jay Harper, Jeremiah Lowe

Last edited:
I guess most on here see the pic of DE Brian Robinson working out in UK gear. I was under the impression that UM led here but have a read a few things that UK is very close. Nick Roush actually put in a RPM on ON3 for UK. Here is a link to some other prospects UK is in good shape with.

I guess most on here see the pic of DE Brian Robinson working out in UK gear. I was under the impression that UM led here but have a read a few things that UK is very close. Nick Roush actually put in a RPM on ON3 for UK. Here is a link to some other prospects UK is in good shape with.

I have talked with Roush, and I consider him easily the least knowledgeable of all the designated UK sports talking heads on the internet. Roush is a big UL fan and a buddy of the Brohms. He is not a nice guy. When Eli Cox signed with UK, Roush privately badmouthed Cox to me and said his career at UK was insignificant. Roush also takes material without attribution off of other UK sports websites, including this one. That's plagairism, and he isn't the only KSR character who does it. Not responsible. So there's that, FWIW.

Having said that, you are absolutely spot on in saying MI has been Robinson's leader. Robinson already has 4 CB picks for MI, two of which were made last month and one other that is from Wiltfong himself. That's impressive. Of course, Clinkscale is recruiting him for MI. For several months now, I and others have said Robinson is the top target on UK's 2024 recruiting list. Robinson would be a DE or a Jack LB in Brad White's 3-3-5, depending on how he fills out. I would guess DE, probably, but he also bears a physical similarity to former UK Jack LB Josh Allen. Now it looks like a MI-UK-PA St battle for Robinson, with UK gaining ground. As many people know by now, Robinson is from Youngstown, the home town of Marrow, Buffano, and the Stoops family. Youngstown is also Clinkscale's home town. Signing Robinson won't be easy, but UK has a shot. As great as it would be to sign the Smith twins, Robinson is more important IMO.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I have talked with Roush, and I consider him easily the least knowledgeable of all the designated UK sports talking heads on the internet. Roush is a big UL fan and a buddy of the Brohms. He is not a nice guy. When Eli Cox signed with UK, Roush privately badmouthed Cox to me and said his career at UK was insignificant. Roush also takes material without attribution off of other UK sports websites, including this one. That's plagairism, and he isn't the only KSR character who does it. Not responsible. So there's that, FWIW.

Having said that, you are absolutely spot on in saying MI has been Robinson's leader. Robinson already has 4 CB picks for MI, two of which were made last month and one other that is from Wiltfong himself. That's impressive. Of course, Clinkscale is recruiting him for MI. For several months now, I and others have said Robinson is the top target on UK's 2024 recruiting list. Robinson would be a DE or a Jack LB in Brad White's 3-3-5, depending on how he fills out. I would guess DE, probably, but he also bears a physical similarity to former UK Jack LB Josh Allen. Now it looks like a MI-UK-PA St battle for Robinson, with UK gaining ground. As many people know by now, Robinson is from Youngstown, the home town of Marrow, Buffano, and the Stoops family. Youngstown is also Clinkscale's home town. Signing Robinson won't be easy, but UK has a shot. As great as it would be to sign the Smith twins, Robinson is more important IMO.
I agree 💯 on Roush. I don't usually pay any attention to fb recruiting on KSR. Though this one was almost the same as the one JRow posted a couple days ago. At the least it is a pretty good list of who UK is after

I agree 💯 on Roush. I don't usually pay any attention to fb recruiting on KSR. Though this one was almost the same as the one JRow posted a couple days ago. At the least it is a pretty good list of who UK is after
I`m not a huge Roush fan either. He doesn`t seem very knowledgeable, now Luckett is and I like listening to him. Roush was at Brohm`s announcement/press conference when UL hired him. I think he`s related to the Brohms.

Roush is cut from the same cloth as the rest of them that have no real sources and don't know football. FM gave them credibility for a while, but nothing seems to have rubbed off on the rest

Unfortunately Mich has been capitalizing on its recent victories over Ohio with some impressive recruiting success, including in Ohio
Winning helps. Having one of the SEC's best defenses helps too. UK's coaches are doing a nice job with Robinson's recruitment. Wiltfong's CB pick for MI is concerning, since he is rarely wrong. But UK has a real shot.

Seems like Freddie M is kind of pulling away from that group. But I admittedly don't ever visit their website.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Winning helps. Having one of the SEC's best defenses helps too. UK's coaches are doing a nice job with Robinson's recruitment. Wiltfong's CB pick for MI is concerning, since he is rarely wrong. But UK has a real shot.
It is also 6 months old. A lot can change. Someone posted that he showed up and surprised the coaches recently with a visit. You don't take surprise visits somewhere you aren't really interested in. UM may lead but UK has a chance here

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Lots of commits elsewhere in the last week......but none for UK. Any on the horizon?
More commits probably coming in latter May or in June. Always happens then.

With Grover committing to Cincy, Kosin and Mesman both from Michigan might rise to the top of Kentucky's tight end list. Willie Rodriguez from Covington Catholic is another one.

Last edited:
Hopefully there is some between when he visits. The next will be from the portal most likely
Different forces and factors drive portal acquisitions compared to hs recruiting. Mostly, immediate roster needs are filled through the portal, and targets have already been through at least one recruitment process. When our coaches look at the portal, they are mostly searching for players who can play right away, or at least within a year. When our coaches recruit hs players, they are thinking 3-5 years ahead and they are evaluating undeveloped athletic tools. So I consider those as two different issues.

Because the window is open for two weeks, the next commitment will almost surely be from the portal, probably an OT or Mike LB, but maybe a DB. We know the names. Ford, Davis, Thomas, Carter.

I think the next hs commitment is still probably 4-8 weeks off. For differing reasons, I am watching Fred Johnson, the Luniewski twins, Shaun Boykins, Cameron Monteiro, Brody Kosin, and Willie Rodriguez. But hs commitments are very difficult to anticipate, especially at this time of year.

Shaun Boykins
Gavin Grover
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
Terhyon Nichols
Darius Wiley

Koy Beasley
Alex Foster
Jay Harper
Jack Hines
Fred Johnson
Cameron Keys
Charlton Luniewski
Mercer Luniewski
JacQwan McRoy
Cameron Monteiro
Terhyon Nichols
John Wayne Oliver
Brian Robinson
Emanuel Ross
Aaron Scott

Would love to sign "The Duke" Oliver just for the name alone.

Reactions: footerball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT