ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

I believe Marrow thought he would get Grover. Marrow has offered several other tight ends. I wonder how interested Dylan Mesman is.

I believe Marrow thought he would get Grover. Marrow has offered several other tight ends. I wonder how interested Dylan Mesman is.
Think you're right. With the Rodriguez offer makes one think UK has struck out on TE offers to others.

Think you're right. With the Rodriguez offer makes one think UK has struck out on TE offers to others.
Rodriguez looks like an interesting player. He comes from the same high school team as Michael Mayer who stars for Notre Dame. He has size and he can move. If he wants to be a Wildcat, then I would be happy if we get him. I do not think Grover is necessarily better. I am interested in Mesman too.

Reactions: mrschwump
More new 2024 offers-

Rafael Dunn, DB, Lawrenceville, NJ
Jowhar Franklin, DL, New Orleans, LA
Justin Kattus, LB, Cincinnati, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Independence, KY
Antonio White, DB, Lilburn, GA

Justin Kattus is the brother of Josh and Tucker.

Last edited:
More new 2024 offers-

Justin Kattus, LB, Cincinnati, OH
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Independence, KY
Antonio White, DB, Lilburn, GA

Justin Kattus is the brother of Josh and Tucker.
In your opinion does Rodriguez the TE from Cov Cath commit to KY ?

In your opinion does Rodriguez the TE from Cov Cath commit to KY ?

To have an opinion on where Willie Rodriguez will sign. or when he will commit, I would need more information than I currently have. Here is what I can confidently say now. Rodriguez reportedly holds at least 5 SEC and 4 B10 offers. Most of these programs have been recruiting him longer than UK has. But UK is the instate school, and Rodriguez has been visiting Lexington recently. Coach Marrow is his recruiter, and he is really good at this. But UK's coaching staff is also vigorourly recruiting other TE prospects including Damarion Witten, Dylan Mesman, and Brody Kosin. There have been rumors that Gavin Grover could eventually decommit from UC and reconsider UK, but IDK about that. It would help if I knew how many TEs UK will take in the 2024 class, but I suspect they will only take one. Based on recent activity, they are still very interested in Witten and Mesman as well as Rodriguez. So the real question is when Coach Marrow will conclude that he needs Rodriguez if, in fact, he does. And my guess is that will happen fairly quickly, but IDK that for sure.

Reactions: Burgcatfan
To have an opinion on where Willie Rodriguez will sign. or when he will commit, I would need more information than I currently have. Here is what I can confidently say now. Rodriguez reportedly holds at least 5 SEC and 4 B10 offers. Most of these programs have been recruiting him longer than UK has. But UK is the instate school, and Rodriguez has been visiting Lexington recently. Coach Marrow is his recruiter, and he is really good at this. But UK's coaching staff is also vigorourly recruiting other TE prospects including Damarion Witten, Dylan Mesman, and Brody Kosin. There have been rumors that Gavin Grover could eventually decommit from UC and reconsider UK, but IDK about that. It would help if I knew how many TEs UK will take in the 2024 class, but I suspect they will only take one. Based on recent activity, they are still very interested in Witten and Mesman as well as Rodriguez. So the real question is when Coach Marrow will conclude that he needs Rodriguez if, in fact, he does. And my guess is that will happen fairly quickly, but IDK that for sure.
Thanks. Always enjoy your insights.

Matt Jones was hinting on today's show that we would get Boley!

Did Ryan agree with him ?
LOL! That's funny. Either Cutter Boley will commit to UK, or else he won't. If he doesn't, you will never see or hear the name Cutter Boley from anyone at KSR again. But if he does, they will be all over the place for months, reminding everyone that MJ "got it from Marrow". Of course, NCAA rules explicitly prohibit Marrow from discussing recruits before they actually sign. If Marrow or any other UK coach violates the rule, UK could be prohibited from recruiting the player and the violator coach could be banned from off campus recruiting. Vince Marrow is no fool, so LOL for naive people who are deluded into believing anyone inside UK's football program is dumb enough to leak proprietary recruiting information to MJ or anyone else.

Let's say Coach Stoops fills all of UK's remaining scholarships with non-senior spring transfers who will also be eligible again in 2024. I count 18 seniors in 2023, Brenden Bates, Eli Cox, Marques Cox, Izayah Cummings, Ray Davis, Justice Dingle, Jeremy Flax, Luke Fulton, Jalen Geiger, Josaih Hayes, Kenneth Horsey, D'Eryk Jackson, Ramon Jefferson, Devin Leary, Jutahn McClain, Octavious Oxendine, Chance Poore, JJ Weaver. Some of these players may have COVID years or medical redshirt claims remaining, so some might return in 2024. But even if all 18 seniors leave after 2023, Coach Stoops would have their 18 scholarships plus those of any undergrad Wildcats who choose to leave the team for any reason going forward. These scholarships can be offered to hs seniors or to inbound transfer candidates. Even if an inbound transfer is not immediately eligible to play, he would still count against the 85 scholarship limit once he signs. This gives us a rough idea how large our 2024 recruiting class might be. Of course, we have no idea whether current Wildcats might transfer out, but there are bound to be at least a few departures which will increase the number of available scholarships.

For our 2024 class, QB, RB, OL, LB, and S are obvious needs. Those will not be the only positions, but they will must be addressed in the 2024 class. Coach Stoops already has two OL commitments, but I suspect we can expect three more. Although not as urgent, WRs, DLs, and CBs will of course be recruited too.

Apparently they've cut ND

Surprising. Shows how quickly people that age change their minds. A few months ago, they were talking about ND as if they were leaning there.

but it appears the new leader is UM

MI is strong right now but my gut says to worry about AL. The thing about AL is that they don't wait. You say yes to them when they are ready, or else they move on. Let's state the obvious, they aren't going to NE out of this list.

All along, recruitment of the twins has seemed uphill. I still believe Brian Robinson is the most important hs senior on UK's recruiting board but the twins are close behind him. The twins received a CB pick for UK from Josh Edwards on 7/22/21 but that was a long time ago and Edwards is a UK homer whose CB picks are often influenced by wishful thinking. At the end of the day, this comes down to their relationship with Brad White, plus whether the pro-UK nature of the Somerset sports culture still has any influence on them. I tend to doubt the latter after their time in CT. This might be Coach White's biggest recruiting challenge so far in his time at UK. UK will wait on them, which gives us a certain amount of advantage over AL and maybe over MI.

Surprising. Shows how quickly people that age change their minds. A few months ago, they were talking about ND as if they were leaning there.

MI is strong right now but my gut says to worry about AL. The thing about AL is that they don't wait. You say yes to them when they are ready, or else they move on. Let's state the obvious, they aren't going to NE out of this list.

All along, recruitment of the twins has seemed uphill. I still believe Brian Robinson is the most important hs senior on UK's recruiting board but the twins are close behind him. The twins received a CB pick for UK from Josh Edwards on 7/22/21 but that was a long time ago and Edwards is a UK homer whose CB picks are often influenced by wishful thinking. At the end of the day, this comes down to their relationship with Brad White, plus whether the pro-UK nature of the Somerset sports culture still has any influence on them. I tend to doubt the latter after their time in CT. This might be Coach White's biggest recruiting challenge so far in his time at UK. UK will wait on them, which gives us a certain amount of advantage over AL and maybe over MI.

"Let's state the obvious, they aren't going to NE out of this list." HUH???

"Let's state the obvious, they aren't going to NE out of this list." HUH???
If you are a Kentucky kid playing prep school ball in CT, and you can sign with UK, AL, MI, or NE, are you going to NE? No. It isn't impossible, I guess, but what are the odds that NE beats out AL, MI, and UK in this scenario? Low, I am guessing. If you think otherwise, what are the features you see for them in Lincoln that can reasomably beat out the other three finalists? As an aside, have you ever been to LIncoln? Not meaning the question in a patronizing way, of course. But I sure would not want to spend 4 years in Lincoln, NE. Their other alternatives are much better. FWIW.

If you are a Kentucky kid playing prep school ball in CT, and you can sign with UK, AL, MI, or NE, are you going to NE? No. It isn't impossible, I guess, but what are the odds that NE beats out AL, MI, and UK in this scenario? Low, I am guessing. If you think otherwise, what are the features you see for them in Lincoln that can reasomably beat out the other three finalists? As an aside, have you ever been to LIncoln? Not meaning the question in a patronizing way, of course. But I sure would not want to spend 4 years in Lincoln, NE. Their other alternatives are much better. FWIW.

Thanks. I missed the connection completely!

Thanks. I missed the connection completely!
LOL! It's still early in the morning. I am just sipping my first cup of coffee. I just think that if the twins really want to play football in the B10, Ann Arbor is a much better choice and MI is a much better school. And if they really want to play in the SEC, then Coach White will have a challenge on his hands to convince them to pick UK over AL. I think it's still possible for them to choose UK. But like I said before, it is uphill.

Sorry if someone else said it here, but Damarion Whitten visiting this weekend. 4* TE from Cleveland, probably Ohio lean.

LOL! It's still early in the morning. I am just sipping my first cup of coffee. I just think that if the twins really want to play football in the B10, Ann Arbor is a much better choice and MI is a much better school. And if they really want to play in the SEC, then Coach White will have a challenge on his hands to convince them to pick UK over AL. I think it's still possible for them to choose UK. But like I said before, it is uphill.
The only issue with them and Bama they're not top priorities for Bama. They also just 3 - 5 star DL last year. Michigan thinks they lead and they probably do but I don't see Bama for them. Of course could be wrong just don't see it

Reactions: Cazwheel1072
The only issue with them and Bama they're not top priorities for Bama. They also just 3 - 5 star DL last year. Michigan thinks they lead and they probably do but I don't see Bama for them. Of course could be wrong just don't see it
Not every hs player Saban offers is an internet 5 star. Josh Jacobs was recruited out of Tulsa by Saban as a 3 star. Jaylen Moody was also a 3 star and became Saban's star MLB. Jacobs is now arguably the top RB in the NFL. Saban, like Stoops, is a top evaluator of talent. Internet player ratings do not supercede his evaluations. If AL makes a committable offer to the twins, they will be tempted. Almost any hs player would be. Either they will acceot or they won't. But if they don't take Saban's offer when it is given, Saban will move on. At the end of the day, I suspect the twins would probably like to play in the SEC. They dropped ND like a hot potato. Maybe they will take Harbaugh's offer but it could come down to UK and AL. Barion Brown came down to UK and AL, so maybe the twins will think similarly. UK's defense is statistically comparable to Saban's now. I have never been confident that we can sign the twins, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Not every hs player Bama offers is an internet 5 star. Josh Jacobs was recruited out of Tulsa by Saban as a 3 star. Jaylen Moody was also a 3 star and became Saban's star MLB. Jacobs is now arguably the top RB in the NFL. Saban, like Stoops, is a top evaluator of talent. Internet player ratings do not supercede his evaluations. If AL makes a committable offer to the twins, they will be tempted. Almost any hs player would be. Either they will acceot or they won't. But if they don't take Saban's offer when it is given, Saban will move on. At the end of the day, I suspect the twins would probably like to play in the SEC. They dropped ND like a hot potato. Maybe they will take Harbaugh's offer but it could come down to UK and AL. Barion Brown came down to UK and AL, so maybe the twins will think similarly. UK's defense is statistically comparable to Saban's now. I have never been confident that we can sign the twins, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Fingers crossed.
First off who said anything about Bama only taking 5 star guys. Surely you don't think people are that stupid. I know who Saban recruits. Of course he signs 3 star guys no one that pays any attention to recruiting thinks other wise. Is it possible that Bama gives both of them committable offers yes but it's no where near guaranteed those offers are committable. As I said earlier I read they were not top priorities for Bama. Not because I think they will sign all 5 star guys. They won't duplicate the class they signed last year even.

There is just alot of factors at play with Bama. 1st they have to want both of them.
2nd these go together, how many do they sign.
3rd looking at who they signed last year and other commits this year, how long till they have a chance to get on the field.
That's just a start. There are many things gs that would have to fall into place foe both of them to go there and they're going somewhere together. Who knows at this time for sure where that will be

First off who said anything about Bama only taking 5 star guys. Surely you don't think people are that stupid. I know who Saban recruits. Of course he signs 3 star guys no one that pays any attention to recruiting thinks other wise. Is it possible that Bama gives both of them committable offers yes but it's no where near guaranteed those offers are committable. As I said earlier I read they were not top priorities for Bama. Not because I think they will sign all 5 star guys. They won't duplicate the class they signed last year even.

There is just alot of factors at play with Bama. 1st they have to want both of them.
2nd these go together, how many do they sign.
3rd looking at who they signed last year and other commits this year, how long till they have a chance to get on the field.
That's just a start. There are many things gs that would have to fall into place foe both of them to go there and they're going somewhere together. Who knows at this time for sure where that will be
What did I say that isn't true? For you to imply that I think people are stupid is over the line. If I thought people here were stupid, I would not waste my time.

Reactions: treyforuk
Really hope the Boley stuff is genuine, and not a tool being used by KSR to boost subscribers for their new pay site

What did I say that isn't true? For you to imply that I think people are stupid is over the line. If I thought people here were stupid, I would not waste my time.
You just wrote a whole page to explain to me that not all of Bama's players are 5 stars and took the time to tell about a couple great 3 star guys they recruited. Anyone that knows CFB knows everything you said and yet you felt you needed to explain it thoroughly to me. All because I had a different opinion than you. The only reason reason I wrote it they took 3 5 star guys last year is because they're at their position. They also took 2 more really good 4 star DL. There is zero guarantee that Saban ever makes them a committable offer

Really hope the Boley stuff is genuine, and not a tool being used by KSR to boost subscribers for their new pay site
We'll find out in time what Boley does but the thing to remember is ALL these recruiting sites are in the game to make money. Consequently, they cater to schools/fans that have large subscription rates, read UGA, Bama, TN, UF, etc. UK will always be shortchanged by those "experts" because of low subscriber numbers.

Rowland seems to think the same way. He put in a future cast for him a month ago after talking to Cutter

Reactions: JHB4UK
You just wrote a whole page to explain to me that not all of Bama's players are 5 stars and took the time to tell about a couple great 3 star guys they recruited. Anyone that knows CFB knows everything you said and yet you felt you needed to explain it thoroughly to me. All because I had a different opinion than you. The only reason reason I wrote it they took 3 5 star guys last year is because they're at their position. They also took 2 more really good 4 star DL. There is zero guarantee that Saban ever makes them a committable offer
Just stop. This is a waste of time and a distraction. I post here to add to the discussion, certainly not for the reason you are alleging. If you are having a bad day, spar with someone else.

Just stop. This is a waste of time and a distraction. I post here to add to the discussion, certainly not for the reason you are alleging. If you are having a bad day, spar with someone else.
I'm having a great day. I don't want to argue with you. Block me and move on. You said that to me. Dude

We'll find out in time what Boley does but the thing to remember is ALL these recruiting sites are in the game to make money. Consequently, they cater to schools/fans that have large subscription rates, read UGA, Bama, TN, UF, etc. UK will always be shortchanged by those "experts" because of low subscriber numbers.
Exactly.

I'm having a great day. I don't want to argue with you. Block me and move on. You said that to me. Dude
What is so difficult about sticking to football? General George Patton said "When the fact debate is lost, insults become tools for sore losers". I am not your "dude", but I am not here to provoke anyone. I only want to discuss football. You can do that, or else you can't. Show us something.

Reactions: treyforuk
More 2024 UK offers-

Justin Denson, DB, Providence, RI
Ransom McDermott, OL, Noblesville, IN
Travis Kerney, RB, Sebring, FL
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Dominic Nichols, DL, Ijamsville, MD
Davion Pritchard, DB, Youngstown, OH
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO
Darian Smith, LB, Baxley, GA
J'Aden Smith, DB, Charlotte, NC

Last edited:
Still waiting on UK to sign a kid from Missouri. but man that state sure seems to produce some top flight talent on the annual.
Me too. Our coaches have been recruiting the greater St. Louis area hard for a while now. Coach Marrow was active there for a couple of years but now it's mainly Coach Buffano. I don't know when was the last time our football program actually signed a hs player from the state of MO. What we need is a productive dialog with the coach at a prominent hs like DeSmit. So Caleb Redd's visit is an encouraging development. St. Louis is only about a 4 hour drive from Lexington, not much farther away than Nashville, so it would make some sense if St. Louis kids start signing with UK. A lot of them go off to play for IL in Urbana, which is about a 2 1/2 - 3 hour drive from St. Louis. UK has better football program than IL. So it's feasible and realistic. Stoops obviously believes he can eventually pull it off.

Seen this posted. Just seeing and reading info, it doesn't appear UK has pushed hard for Boykins. May be headed to UL

regardless if he is 1 or 6 in kentucky a player ranked top 1000
not going to make or break this class.
As I said they were not pushing for a commitment and confirmed he currently isn't a take. I posted this because he was a target that had been mentioned as possibly committing to UK awhile back.

Seen this posted. Just seeing and reading info, it doesn't appear UK has pushed hard for Boykins. May be headed to UL
Yes, this is interesting. I have not seen much public speculation about 2024 WR targets. There has been a lot of discussion about OL and QB recruiting. Boykins is a nice prospect but not a program changer. The connection between Coach Marrow and North Hardin hs is an issue, but UK doesn't take every prospect out of North Hardin. Maybe Boykins' UK offer isn't committable. That would imply Coach Marrow is confident about other 2024 WRs. Aside from Monteiro (we already know about him), I wonder who they would be. Emanuel Ross, David Washington, or Terence Marshall maybe?

As I said they were not pushing for a commitment and confirmed he currently isn't a take. I posted this because he was a target that had been mentioned as possibly committing to UK awhile back.

I mentioned it. I am not an insider. At one time, I speculated Boykins could be a possible spring commit. He had visited campus unofficially several times and is a star at North Hardin hs. Also, we weren't hearing much about other 2024 WR prospects (still aren't). Since Boykins plans to announce soon, that may tell us whether his UK offer is committable. Clearly, his multiple visits to Lexington suggest high interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT