ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Dillon makes sense. He’s friends with our most recent commit, and many thought they’d end up together.

Reactions: jauk11
ncommitted prospects to watch

Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH,
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC,
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Daughtry Richardson, OL, Miami, FL,
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Antonio Gates, Jr. Dearborn, Michigan (final five)
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Jordan Anthony, ATH, Tylertown, MS
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Joshua Josephs, EDGE< Kennesaw GA
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE
Tyrese Fearbry
Omari Kelly WR
Barroom Brown WR
Elijah Reed

Reactions: Girthang
Not a loss there. Kentucky can do much better.
I don't want us to act like Tennessee fans whenever we got the Wade twins. If he's going to an SEC school for football, he's pretty good. Also, I don't like a Kentucky kid going to Tennessee... icky.

Reactions: vikingfer
I don't want us to act like Tennessee fans whenever we got the Wade twins. If he's going to an SEC school for football, he's pretty good. Also, I don't like a Kentucky kid going to Tennessee... icky.
I'm not a sour grapes guy ever. Let me ask you, have you watched his film? I have. Multiple times. And quite frankly, I'm stunned he has the offers that he does.

I'm not a sour grapes guy ever. Let me ask you, have you watched his film? I have. Multiple times. And quite frankly, I'm stunned he has the offers that he does.
I have. He's not bad. I have no idea what their coaches see in him but unless they're being petty and trying to have a "gotcha" moment to the Kentucky staff since we offered not that long ago.

Seems his offers to the big schools came after he camped. So, it may be that the coaches saw his potential that had not yet been realized. I was thankful that UK did not offer just because UT did and waited for his visit and camp. How long has Perry lived in Kentucky?

Seems his offers to the big schools came after he camped. So, it may be that the coaches saw his potential that had not yet been realized. I was thankful that UK did not offer just because UT did and waited for his visit and camp. How long has Perry lived in Kentucky?
Kentucky and Tennessee were the two that offered after camping. With that said, camping and playing actual football with pads and helmet are quite different things. The main thing that concerned me when watching Perry's tape is his aggressiveness or lack thereof as a guy who projects to LB. I also don't see SEC level explosiveness or quickness in him. Maybe his best football ahead of him, but I just think Kentucky can do better and get more of a sure thing. Not to mention, aggressiveness is generally just something you either have or you don't. It is an innate skill and hard to coach that into someone. Anyway, this is my reasoning for saying he is no big loss. I'm not a sour grapes guy and will always try to back up a statement with reasoning.

Kentucky and Tennessee were the two that offered after camping. With that said, camping and playing actual football with pads and helmet are quite different things. The main thing that concerned me when watching Perry's tape is his aggressiveness or lack thereof as a guy who projects to LB. I also don't see SEC level explosiveness or quickness in him. Maybe his best football ahead of him, but I just think Kentucky can do better and get more of a sure thing. Not to mention, aggressiveness is generally just something you either have or you don't. It is an innate skill and hard to coach that into someone. Anyway, this is my reasoning for saying he is no big loss. I'm not a sour grapes guy and will always try to back up a statement with reasoning.
Aggressiveness can be taught but too much will get you Jordan Jones, as we all saw.

I trust your opinion

Eh, I don't know about that. Aggressiveness is a personality trait, a mindset and generally you are either wired that way or you aren't. Regardless, I just don't SEC level player with this kid.
Trust you on this because you’ve been consistent from the very beginning. I mean we can all end up being wrong (even the best talent evaluators-which I am not) so if he turns out to be good then congrats to him & we just missed out on one…but as of right now I’m not worried about losing out on him.

Last edited:
This writing was on the wall when clink left. I doubt many people still has this kid penciled in, despite his committed status.

If he lands somewhere besides Michigan, it will be a great injustice to him based on how all this was handled.

Reactions: The-Hack
This writing was on the wall when clink left. I doubt many people still has this kid penciled in, despite his committed status.

If he lands somewhere besides Michigan, it will be a great injustice to him based on how all this was handled.

Clink hasn't recruited him at Michigan, he isn't going to Michigan.

Clink hasn't recruited him at Michigan, he isn't going to Michigan.

No. But, it would appear that Clink was his reason for picking UK.

I'm simply replying to the guy who said he was going to Michigan

And he's still giving him workouts and on the regular and they talk daily. So yes he's still recruiting him. Except what he's really doing is keeping him in the pocket while he angles for bigger fish.

That's why I said if he doesn't end up at Michigan, it will be a shame. Because he left a known great opportunity in hopes of an offer that may never come.

Reactions: vikingfer
Eh, I don't know about that. Aggressiveness is a personality trait, a mindset and generally you are either wired that way or you aren't. Regardless, I just don't SEC level player with this kid.
I've always said that. Something you either have or don't have. Watched too many kids growing up, you see something at a younger age and just know.

And he's still giving him workouts and on the regular and they talk daily. So yes he's still recruiting him. Except what he's really doing is keeping him in the pocket while he angles for bigger fish.

That's why I said if he doesn't end up at Michigan, it will be a shame. Because he left a known great opportunity in hopes of an offer that may never come.
He left, but was UK staying close after Clink moved on?

2022 UK Commitments

Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB, Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX
Jordan Anthony, ATH/WR, Tylertown, MS

As expected we lose Caldwell from MI A Clink Recruit. Highly rated, but our current apparently didn’t try to hard to keep him. Anyway, a ST hit to rankings. Assume staff will replace. Let’s just hope our two dumb assistants get lined in or out quickly.

I understand your point but while this may have been true ten years ago, I doubt the casual UK fan can name five guys in the bball team. Rafters is not a good representation of our bball following and in the OAD era, I’d argue that many of our football players are better known (or respected) than an 18yo kid that plays basketball for one season and bolts to the league.
I would agree. I'm a fan of both, but football seems like a better NIL for kids to me. Who knows how it plays out.

Sounds like the situations with Berezowitz and Bouknight are being pitched against Kentucky right now.

Clink was a huge blow to this class, no doubt about that. The late timing of his departure magnified things even more.

Clink screwed us and I know he'll be getting screwed around himself soon enough.

Early, Rowland indicated yes. Beyond that I'm not sure. They maybe didn't bother extending a committable offer because they knew we were just a backup plan. If so, I think that was absolutely the right move.

Rowland said about a month ago they weren't happy with the talent level of one of their current recruits. He wrote today that he was talking about Caldwell. That seems to jive with Caldwell saying he hadn't heard from UK in months.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Rock said in an interview that Caldwell said that since that workout and visit, that he had hardly spoke to Michigan and hadn't spoke to UK. He went to MSU this weekend

Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA
Omari Kelly WR , Trussville, AL
Barion Brown WR, Nashville, TN
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH, (trending to Pitt)
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC,

Last edited:
Ryan Baer to Pitt on Thursday.
Still love our O-line class. Rock, do we know if Goodwin is still taking his visits this fall? I thought he wanted to get on different campuses for game weekends. Wondering how we feel about holding on to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT