ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Antonio Gates Jr is not a take for Kentucky per JR and likely isn't a take for any of those schools, also per JR. And yes, it looks like Kentucky will be adding the commitment of Jordan Anthony in the coming days. High risk/high reward guy IMO.

Rock please explain regarding Jordan Anthony?

Rock please explain regarding Jordan Anthony?
I think Anthony is a bit raw as a receiver and at 160 lbs, he definitely has some filling out to do. That is the risk part. The reward part, well, you don't find many guys running a 10.21 in the 100, so the blazing speed is there. It's just all about how he develops and Kentucky/Coen's desire to add more speed and explosiveness to the receiver position.

Also, if you watch Antonio Gates Jr's film, he is very polished, runs great routes and has very strong hands. I like him very much, but apparently right now, the staff is just looking for guys that can really run. To me, Gates would be a safer bet to be a contributor, but Anthony has the potential to be a big star with that elite speed. Hope that answered your question and again, JMO.

I think size is not a factor for Coen. In that regard, we have returned a bit to the Mumme WR corps days. I think Coen feels he can get WRs in space with the ball. Time shall tell.

I think Anthony is a bit raw as a receiver and at 160 lbs, he definitely has some filling out to do. That is the risk part. The reward part, well, you don't find many guys running a 10.21 in the 100, so the blazing speed is there. It's just all about how he develops and Kentucky/Coen's desire to add more speed and explosiveness to the receiver position.

Also, if you watch Antonio Gates Jr's film, he is very polished, runs great routes and has very strong hands. I like him very much, but apparently right now, the staff is just looking for guys that can really run. To me, Gates would be a safer bet to be a contributor, but Anthony has the potential to be a big star with that elite speed. Hope that answered your question and again, JMO.

It sure did.
I get it now.
Thanks

Reactions: The-Hack
Jordan Anthony, WR Tylertown MS, now has FIVE CB's all to Kentucky. Averaging a 7 High. Looks imminent

Reactions: The-Hack
Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH,
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC,
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Daughtry Richardson, OL, Miami, FL, 6 cb's to FSU
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Antonio Gates, Jr. Dearborn, Michigan (final five)
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Jordan Anthony, ATH, Tylertown, MS 7 cb's to UK,
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Joshua Josephs, EDGE< Kennesaw GA
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE

Always appreciate your takes. Is Anthony Kentucky’s plan B with Jeremiah Dillon committed elsewhere? Interesting that they’re both from MS. I wonder how hard Ole Miss is after Anthony.

Always appreciate your takes. Is Anthony Kentucky’s plan B with Jeremiah Dillon committed elsewhere? Interesting that they’re both from MS. I wonder how hard Ole Miss is after Anthony.
Kentucky and Ole Miss would take/would have taken both guys.

Antonio Gates gets 3 cb's to Michigan State this weekend. I assume he is a take for MSU.

I don't see recruiting picking up anytime soon. I also think Ole Miss gets Anthony as well. The suspensions of our coaches for acting like morons is biting us in the ass and the NIL is as well. Kids are seeing you can get more money at programs where they prioritize football.

Reactions: UKat1
I don't see recruiting picking up anytime soon. I also think Ole Miss gets Anthony as well. The suspensions of our coaches for acting like morons is biting us in the ass and the NIL is as well. Kids are seeing you can get more money at programs where they prioritize football.

NIL is geared toward the top programs AND home state stars staying home.

Big advantage for home state kids staying home. Name recognition is already there.

I'm glad I'm wrong. His offer list isn't elite and I'd like to know why but I'll take speed everyday.

Ole Miss
UK
Miss St
Memphis
Tennessee

I'm glad I'm wrong. His offer list isn't elite and I'd like to know why but I'll take speed everyday.

Ole Miss
UK
Miss St
Memphis
Tennessee
FSU offered about a week ago and Florida has been wanting him to visit. Now, with that said, he is pretty raw as a football player and will need development.

Reactions: SmedMoley
FSU offered about a week ago and Florida has been wanting him to visit. Now, with that said, he is pretty raw as a football player and will need development.
Rivals needs to update their profiles more. FSU isn't listed.

How is he a raw talent? Just started playing football a few years ago?

We better get Anthony or we need to get rid of these bad assistands quickly

That's fine, so long as we have the coaching to develope him. I'm not sold on Boozeknight.

Interesting note, but Indiana has three top 25 players in Ohio, including top running back in the state. I think their new associate head coach might be emphasizing it.

Interesting note, but Indiana has three top 25 players in Ohio, including top running back in the state. I think their new associate head coach might be emphasizing it.
Yup, uk’s lack of traction with the the second rung players in Ohio (good players that osu ultimately passes on) has been really frustrating. These were guys that that Vince was having a lot of success with back in the day. Think guys like Mike Edwards, CJ Conrad, Darius west, etc..

Reactions: vikingfer
Anthony to UK. World class speed. Will also run track! Watching the Olympics and UK’s influence on Team USA probably did not hurt.

2022 UK Commitments

Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Jeremiah Caldwell, ATH, Belleville, MI
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB, Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX
Jordan Anthony, ATH/WR, Tylertown, MS

Still waiting for Rivals to add him to the list so I can see where that puts our class

We have to keep this class together hopefully our on field games will allow us to do that. Rembrandt must be the coach who left to Michigan

We have to keep this class together hopefully our on field games will allow us to do that. Rembrandt must be the coach who left to Michigan
I don't know about that. It would be weird if a coach actually did that and he was wrong about a lot of things that HOB members already knew.

Reactions: TIE543 and UKRob 73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT