ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

We have to keep this class together hopefully our on field games will allow us to do that. Rembrandt must be the coach who left to Michigan
I’m kinda thinking he was a family member, Clinksdales neighbor, girlfriend, boyfriend......who knows. Seems strange he stopped posting about the same time Clinksdale left .

Reactions: TIE543 and The-Hack
If you go back a few pages and read, that may explain some of it.
I read them. Guess I'm missing what you are alluding to though. His last post was a couple days b4 clink got hired. I remember him defending clink and his right do what was best for him on one of the threads about clink

I read them. Guess I'm missing what you are alluding to though. His last post was a couple days b4 clink got hired. I remember him defending clink and his right do what was best for him on one of the threads about clink

Rembrandt comes and goes monthly with a new name. He is a passionate fan who reads alot about recruiting and puts it all together. But he has NEVER EVER had inside information. He was still saying we weren't getting Wandale the day it was official. That was the worst kept secret for months.
Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.
Jrowland and Rock cat are as 100% as you can get in the game of recruiting. You want a question asked without it just being a guess, ask one of those two

Reactions: The-Hack
Rembrandt comes and goes monthly with a new name. He is a passionate fan who reads alot about recruiting and puts it all together. But he has NEVER EVER had inside information. He was still saying we weren't getting Wandale the day it was official. That was the worst kept secret for months.
Jrowland and Rock cat are as 100% as you can get in the game of recruiting. You want a question asked without it just being a guess, ask one of those two
yupper , i liked his posts ,but as far as being inside ,i would read his post and check the Other site ,and that's were some of this ( inside folks ) info came from. he is not the only (insider) that do that

Reactions: UKRob 73
I was just replying to another what other posters were talking about. I message with Rock on her occasionally and he is rock solid on info. But Rembrandt for whatever reason quit posting when clink left. That is all I was referring to

We really need a couple of good DL in this class with last years DL class basically Saunders. We are OK for a couple of years but two straight weak DL classes in a row kind of concerns me.
Jamarius Dinkins was also in the 2021 class. I think they'll take a couple of guys in this class. 2023 they'll have to go DL heavy I'd say.

Jamarius Dinkins was also in the 2021 class. I think they'll take a couple of guys in this class. 2023 they'll have to go DL heavy I'd say.
Yeah, Dinkins is pretty light at 250. Think Saunders will be good in time because he is a very strong person with good size. If we can get at least three in the next class similar to the class two years ago we can keep the quality depth going. I think that class and the one after that needs to be pretty strong.

Yeah, Dinkins is pretty light at 250. Think Saunders will be good in time because he is a very strong person with good size. If we can get at least three in the next class similar to the class two years ago we can keep the quality depth going. I think that class and the one after that needs to be pretty strong.
Well, in Dinkins case, you're not expecting him to play until probably 2023. You'll see a much different kid from a physical development standpoint by then. He has a great frame right now at 6'5, 255.

Well, in Dinkins case, you're not expecting him to play until probably 2023. You'll see a much different kid from a physical development standpoint by then. He has a great frame right now at 6'5, 255.
Yeah, it will probably take him a couple more years to bulk up with muscle. And he has two more years to get it done with what we have ahead of him now. Do you remember who we beat to get him? Think he was a three star but can't recall his top two or three?

Yeah, it will probably take him a couple more years to bulk up with muscle. And he has two more years to get it done with what we have ahead of him now. Do you remember who we beat to get him? Think he was a three star but can't recall his top two or three?
His recruitment was very quiet. He never really did interviews or went on record much until he committed. UC, ISU, MSU, WVU were his other main offers.

@Rock_Cat78 whats your take about how the NIL and adding teams will affect UK? A lot of UK fans are doom and gloom about it but I honestly have no idea how it'll affect us

Like you, it is too early and hard to say really. With that said, I'm more worried about the NIL stuff than OU & Texas joining the conference.

The NIL for FOOTBALL players is going to be fascinating to see how it unfolds.

My thought is your skill position players will make out pretty good, but defensive and linemen are going to have a harder time cashing in. People know the guy who scores TDs and throws the ball. The other guys…not so much.

We really need a couple of good DL in this class with last years DL class basically Saunders. We are OK for a couple of years but two straight weak DL classes in a row kind of concerns me.
UK looks set for DL in the next class.

Male HS 6'5" 315 lbs William Spencer is a highly-rated beast and a likely UK lean.

6'5" 235 lbs Micah Carter at St X is likely also a UK lean.

That would be a great start in the next class.

Like you, it is too early and hard to say really. With that said, I'm more worried about the NIL stuff than OU & Texas joining the conference.
My thoughts are being SEC’s only basketball-first fanbase could hurt us here. NIL revenue is all based on how recognizable you are, and our fanbase might be only one in conference that would know the seventh man on bball team rather than starting defensive football player for example.

Reactions: ukalum1988
My thoughts are being SEC’s only basketball-first fanbase could hurt us here. NIL revenue is all based on how recognizable you are, and our fanbase might be only one in conference that would know the seventh man on bball team rather than starting defensive football player for example.
I understand your point but while this may have been true ten years ago, I doubt the casual UK fan can name five guys in the bball team. Rafters is not a good representation of our bball following and in the OAD era, I’d argue that many of our football players are better known (or respected) than an 18yo kid that plays basketball for one season and bolts to the league.

See where a CB came in immediately for Pitt. Would love to get another great Pa player to UK.
Pitt insider so I would take it with a grain of salt but he may be right but I hope UK pulls it off.

Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi had a tweet earlier this afternoon that almost assuredly had to do with Fearbry. Will be pretty surprising if he doesn't commit there, but I'm sure Kentucky will keep trying.

Reactions: SmedMoley
Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi had a tweet earlier this afternoon that almost assuredly had to do with Fearbry. Will be pretty surprising if he doesn't commit there, but I'm sure Kentucky will keep trying.
UK should just spam all things Josh Allen to Fearbry

Yep ole miss wr committ Jeremiah Dillon comes to mind considering he was down to us and ole miss. But he was a pretty recent committ, you wouldn't think he would be wavering so soon.
I'll wait for Rock to confirm.

Yep ole miss wr committ Jeremiah Dillon comes to mind considering he was down to us and ole miss. But he was a pretty recent committ, you wouldn't think he would be wavering so soon.
I'll wait for Rock to confirm.
Could be he made sure he got his spot at OM while waiting to see if the offense at UK truly improves. That's my hope anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT