ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Still love our O-line class. Rock, do we know if Goodwin is still taking his visits this fall? I thought he wanted to get on different campuses for game weekends. Wondering how we feel about holding on to him.
Regardless if he takes visits or not, I'd be quite surprised if he signed anywhere other than Kentucky.

Reactions: Dddjdd
Their only claim to fame is Aaron Donald and Narsnoozi had nothing to do with him going there.

Their only claim to fame is Aaron Donald and Narsnoozi had nothing to do with him going there.
Pitt actually has a really good football history, much better than Kentucky unfortunately. Also, they just put six guys in the draft this year, as did Kentucky. Now, I think Kentucky has definitely been the better program of late, but it isn't like Pitt has nothing to sell.

Reactions: UKat1 and satcheluk
Pitt actually has a really good football history, much better than Kentucky unfortunately. Also, they just put six guys in the draft this year, as did Kentucky. Now, I think Kentucky has definitely been the better program of late, but it isn't like Pitt has nothing to sell.
I'm talking recently. I don't care about titles from 1915 to 1930 where they played against colleges that don't exist now and scored like 20 points total each game.

I'm talking recently. I don't care about titles from 1915 to 1930 where they played against colleges that don't exist now and scored like 20 points total each game.
Won a title in 76, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. Seriously, Pitt has a better football history than you may want to admit. Besides, these teenagers commit to a school for any number of reasons. Maybe he ended up connecting with his recruiter or OL coach at Pitt better than other places. You never know what is going to be the deciding factor for a particular guy.

Won a title in 76, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Larry Fitzgerald, etc. Seriously, Pitt has a better football history than you may want to admit. Besides, these teenagers commit to a school for any number of reasons. Maybe he ended up connecting with his recruiter or OL coach at Pitt better than other places. You never know what is going to be the deciding factor for a particular guy.
45 years ago isn't recently. I do like Larry Fitzgerald tho.

Isn’t Fearbry from Pittsburg? Hometown school that does have some good football history, plus on an uptick.

UK’s greatest attraction to these players up north is being closest SEC school to them that is building a very solid program, knocking on the door in SEC east, plus putting more players in the league.

Reactions: The-Hack
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijon Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Justin Jenkins, DT, Irvington, NJ
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE
Omari Kelly WR , Trussville, AL
Barion Brown WR, Nashville, TN
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS (Ole Miss lean)
Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH, (trending to Pitt)
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC, (trending Auburn)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA (Trending to Pitt)

Who the hell wants to play at Pitt? They play on the Steelers field... Don't even got their own field and UK is possibly going to lose two guys to them. Fearbry and Baer... Doesn't make sense.
Is UK losing those guys to Pitt or are they simply choosing Pitt? I think we “lost” MJ Devonshire to Pitt. Cannot lose what you did not have.

Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA
Jawaun Northington ATH, Louisville, KY
Quinton Conley, WR, KS City, MO,
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Ka'Marii Landers OT, Dearborn, MI
Hunter Mclain, OG, Daleville, VA,
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN,
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH,
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA
Dijon Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Justin Jenkins, DT, Irvington, NJ
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE
Omari Kelly WR , Trussville, AL
Barion Brown WR, Nashville, TN
Kaydin Pope WR Savannah, TN
Bryson Hurst, OT, Gautier MS (Ole Miss lean)
Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH, (trending to Pitt)
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC, (trending Auburn)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA (Trending to Pitt)

Whats up with Baer? Just 2-3 weeks ago, he was a lean to UK, then MSU, and now Pitt!

Whats up with Baer? Just 2-3 weeks ago, he was a lean to UK, then MSU, and now Pitt!
Don't think he was ever a UK lean. I think most thought MSU due to the way he ended his recruitment. I think it was since he visited there

Don't think he was ever a UK lean. I think most thought MSU due to the way he ended his recruitment. I think it was since he visited there
He was definitely considered a UK lean at one time, not a strong one perhaps, but I think Kentucky definitely felt they were in a good position. Then, the MSU visit seemed to change things for a while and now Pitt is the team. Marrow had a not so subtle jab on Twitter yesterday that I can only think was referring to Baer.

I think one thing is becoming abundantly clear, Coach Stoops has got to make it a priority to bring in another young top notch recruiter or we will continue to slide down the SEC pecking order for recruits.

Vince Marrow alone can't be our super recruiter. He has got to have some immediate help, especially since the loss of Clinkscale and the scandals around the other two UK staffers.

Stoops must hire a premier recruiter even if he is not a proven position coach.

With Texas and OU coming into the league, the future success of UK football relevancy is on the line right now in my opinion.

Certainly don't like the trend of falling behind MO in recruiting. UT will not be down in recruiting very long. Time to get the help this team needs to take that next giant leap in recruiting.

Exactly, we are coming off a lackluster season and was hit with a couple of bad press assistants, stoops can’t wait on a good season to turn us around but maybe a good replacement for the bad eggs

I think one thing is becoming abundantly clear, Coach Stoops has got to make it a priority to bring in another young top notch recruiter or we will continue to slide down the SEC pecking order for recruits.

Vince Marrow alone can't be our super recruiter. He has got to have some immediate help, especially since the loss of Clinkscale and the scandals around the other two UK staffers.

With Texas and OU coming into the league, the future success of UK football relevancy is on the line right now in my opinion.

Certainly don't like the trend of falling behind MO in recruiting. UT will not be down in recruiting very long. Time to get the help this team needs to take that next giant leap in recruiting.
Yep, people can push the crap that the trouble with two staff members is no big deal but it definitely hurts and can be the deciding factor in a tight recruiting battle. I also agree that we need a stud recruiter to replace Clink; couple that to what will hopefully be an excellent season and we could make a big move up the recruiting ladder.

This post has merit IMO. Here are a couple of my thoughts and/or suggestions. 1) If I'm Stoops, I scale back the areas UK is trying to recruit. Get Buffano out of Missouri and Illinois. Get White off the Eastern Seaboard.

Kentucky just isn't going to do anything recruiting wise in Missouri and Illinois. I think Buffano can be a decent/good recruiter, but he was assigned an area that immediately put him behind the eight ball. White is recruiting the Northeast, NJ, VA, NC areas and same thing as Buffano. Your wasting him in those areas when you might be lucky to get one guy every 2-3 years. Put them somewhere in the southeast and let them get started.

2) I really wished that Kentucky had been able to keep Coach Singleton. In the few weeks that he was here, he showed a personality and a juice that I think would have given him a chance to be an effective recruiter. Settle is a great position coach, just isn't a recruiter.

3) The elephant in the room with Bouknight. I still don't know what to make of his situation. Some reports suggested he was almost let go at the end of last season. Now, you have legal issues. I don't expect you see him remain with Kentucky after this season, but in the meantime, the situation just isn't ideal.

4) You have a lot of new coaches on staff after the turnover. Wolford is a go-getter and will be a plus as a recruiter. Collins has huge potential as a recruiter and is someone that I am very high on, bit it is likely going to take him some time to get rolling. I also that that Coen will be effective recruiting offensive skill guys, but again, has to show results on the field this fall first.

5) Obviously Marrow and Sumrall are the heavy lifters right now and having only two is a killer for a program like Kentucky in the SEC. The loss of Clink looms large here. Anwar Stewart is starting to find his footing, but still may be a little ways away. Very promising though.

6) In summation, Kentucky really needs a couple more weapons on the trail right now. Bouknight and Settle are non recruiters right now for different reasons. Buffano and White need to be relocated to areas where they can have a fighting chance IMO. That is four assistants right there giving you basically nothing at the moment. Then, throw in new staff members and that is why this 2022 class momentum has came to a halt.

Long winded post, but just my observations.

This post has merit IMO. Here are a couple of my thoughts and/or suggestions. 1) If I'm Stoops, I scale back the areas UK is trying to recruit. Get Buffano out of Missouri and Illinois. Get White off the Eastern Seaboard.

Kentucky just isn't going to do anything recruiting wise in Missouri and Illinois. I think Buffano can be a decent/good recruiter, but he was assigned an area that immediately put him behind the eight ball. White is recruiting the Northeast, NJ, VA, NC areas and same thing as Buffano. Your wasting him in those areas when you might be lucky to get one guy every 2-3 years. Put them somewhere in the southeast and let them get started.

2) I really wished that Kentucky had been able to keep Coach Singleton. In the few weeks that he was here, he showed a personality and a juice that I think would have given him a chance to be an effective recruiter. Settle is a great position coach, just isn't a recruiter.

3) The elephant in the room with Bouknight. I still don't know what to make of his situation. Some reports suggested he was almost let go at the end of last season. Now, you have legal issues. I don't expect you see him remain with Kentucky after this season, but in the meantime, the situation just isn't ideal.

4) You have a lot of new coaches on staff after the turnover. Wolford is a go-getter and will be a plus as a recruiter. Collins has huge potential as a recruiter and is someone that I am very high on, bit it is likely going to take him some time to get rolling. I also that that Coen will be effective recruiting offensive skill guys, but again, has to show results on the field this fall first.

5) Obviously Marrow and Sumrall are the heavy lifters right now and having only two is a killer for a program like Kentucky in the SEC. The loss of Clink looms large here. Anwar Stewart is starting to find his footing, but still may be a little ways away. Very promising though.

6) In summation, Kentucky really needs a couple more weapons on the trail right now. Bouknight and Settle are non recruiters right now for different reasons. Buffano and White need to be relocated to areas where they can have a fighting chance IMO. That is four assistants right there giving you basically nothing at the moment. Then, throw in new staff members and that is why this 2022 class momentum has came to a halt.

Correct….as usual.

I think people aren't wrong to be worried but we're on track to finish in the same spot we've always have in the Stoops era. Top 30ish

Reactions: vikingfer
Yes, they are both UMASS grads. He has already been working as the receiver coach while Bouknight was suspended. I just think he would be the likely favorite assuming a change is made.
If he's familiar with Coen and his offense, I wouldn't be against it. I just wish the shit going on with Bouknight wasn't happening with the season less than a month away.

If he's familiar with Coen and his offense, I wouldn't be against it. I just wish the shit going on with Bouknight wasn't happening with the season less than a month away.
That's why I could see him getting the job. Also, Stoops is very loyal and likes to promote from within when given the chance.

That's why I could see him getting the job. Also, Stoops is very loyal and likes to promote from within when given the chance.
I think that trait has bit us in the ass tho.. ala Buffano and his recruiting flaws as you mentioned.

I think that trait has bit us in the ass tho.. ala Buffano and his recruiting flaws as you mentioned.
But if you read that post again, I don't think it's Buffano's fault. I'm not sure Vince would do well recruiting that area and he's one of the best in the country. I think Buffano could do okay in a different area. He's basically trying to recruit with one arm tied behind his back.

But if you read that post again, I don't think it's Buffano's fault. I'm not sure Vince would do well recruiting that area and he's one of the best in the country. I think Buffano could do okay in a different area. He's basically trying to recruit with one arm tied behind his back.
I don't know why Stoops is keeping them in those areas, if they're put at a disadvantage from the jump.

Good post. Agree totally. Hope Stoops doesn’t wait too long.

I don't know why Stoops is keeping them in those areas, if they're put at a disadvantage from the jump.
I think all HC's want to expand their program's recruiting footprint. But, in all actuality, there are only around ten programs (if that) that can go nearly anywhere to recruit and Kentucky isn't there yet. Hopefully, one day.

Reactions: bluecoon1
I think all HC's want to expand their program's recruiting footprint. But, in all actuality, there are only around ten programs (if that) that can go nearly anywhere to recruit and Kentucky isn't there yet. Hopefully, one day.
Yep but you've got to put b2b2b2 2018 type of seasons together to really do that and as you said, hopefully one day. This thread just hit 100k views, crazy.

You would hope so and we’re trending up; I just fear that the college football landscape is changing so rapidly that we will feel the negative effects sooner than later. I guess it’s all up in the air and I can see both sides of the argument but IMO we will never compete against the big programs and markets with NIL. Then again, being 58yo I’ll take whatever remnants we can get to get those 8-9 wins every year with a solid bowl berth because that shit never seemed possible to me 25-30 years ago.

You would hope so and we’re trending up; I just fear that the college football landscape is changing so rapidly that we will feel the negative effects sooner than later. I guess it’s all up in the air and I can see both sides of the argument but IMO we will never compete against the big programs and markets with NIL. Then again, being 58yo I’ll take whatever remnants we can get to get those 8-9 wins every year with a solid bowl berth because that shit never seemed possible to me 25-30 years ago.
I don't think we're ****ed with the NIL. If that was the case, we would've already lost Goodwin.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT