ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2020 recruiting

Feels like I'm suddenly around some twelve year olds. How about we get back to discussing this epic to be 2020 recruiting class?
Thanks rock cat ,I saw this thread and knew it would be good (pow) cat fight , so I went to the start great post by op to start it off and Hack gives him complements , third post down and more down the line ,skip to this page and they're fighting . I bet they met in prison ,lover's quarrel.

Michael Drennen was talking after his USC visit and said that he could sign early and that is what he would like to do. If he is unsure then he wont. Just a guess but from what he said if the Florida visit does not make him question himself our in house should get him to sign in December.

Okay, back to business here. I have felt for a long, long time that Kentucky would sign 23 members to its 2020 recruiting class. The transfer addition of Joey Gatewood will count towards this class, hence I think that makes the number of initial counters 24 for 2020.

Kentucky currently has 16 verbal commitments and I expect all 16 to sign ten days from now. Therefore, I expect up to seven new members added to this class. By 12/18, I expect UK to add DT Octavious Oxendine, DE Tyler Baron, DB Joel Williams and OG RJ Adams. Those four would bring the number to 20.

Whether it ends up being next week, or early February, I fully expect UK to add S Vito Tisdale and ATH Michael Drennen, bringing the number to 22.

That leaves one more name and the main two worth following at this time, are the two that took official visits this weekend. Of course, those two are UT commit, WR Jimmy Calloway and DT Josaih Hayes from Mississippi. Both are four star prospects ranked in the Rivals 250 and at this time, it is too early to make any prediction on either since their official visits are still ongoing. Calloway visits UT officially next weekend and then will sign the following Wednesday. I think Kentucky faces an uphill battle to flip his commitment with what is currently known. If Hayes signs in December, I definitely like UK's chances. If he does not, I feel Kentucky's chances go way down.

The only other prospect that is on the radar for an OV is Alabama ATH Dee Beckwith in mid January. Kentucky currently has ground to make up there as Florida has promised him a ride for football and basketball. If Kentucky were to somehow land Drennen and Calloway before Beckwith's OV, I imagine that would end the recruitment of Beckwith.

All in all, still a lot to be hashed out, but I feel we will all know much on 12/18, which could be a historic signing day for Kentucky football.

Okay, back to business here. I have felt for a long, long time that Kentucky would sign 23 members to its 2020 recruiting class. The transfer addition of Joey Gatewood will count towards this class, hence I think that makes the number of initial counters 24 for 2020.

Kentucky currently has 16 verbal commitments and I expect all 16 to sign ten days from now. Therefore, I expect up to seven new members added to this class. By 12/18, I expect UK to add DT Octavious Oxendine, DE Tyler Baron, DB Joel Williams and OG RJ Adams. Those four would bring the number to 20.

Whether it ends up being next week, or early February, I fully expect UK to add S Vito Tisdale and ATH Michael Drennen, bringing the number to 22.

That leaves one more name and the main two worth following at this time, are the two that took official visits this weekend. Of course, those two are UT commit, WR Jimmy Calloway and DT Josaih Hayes from Mississippi. Both are four star prospects ranked in the Rivals 250 and at this time, it is too early to make any prediction on either since their official visits are still ongoing. Calloway visits UT officially next weekend and then will sign the following Wednesday. I think Kentucky faces an uphill battle to flip his commitment with what is currently known. If Hayes signs in December, I definitely like UK's chances. If he does not, I feel Kentucky's chances go way down.

The only other prospect that is on the radar for an OV is Alabama ATH Dee Beckwith in mid January. Kentucky currently has ground to make up there as Florida has promised him a ride for football and basketball. If Kentucky were to somehow land Drennen and Calloway before Beckwith's OV, I imagine that would end the recruitment of Beckwith.

All in all, still a lot to be hashed out, but I feel we will all know much on 12/18, which could be a historic signing day for Kentucky football.
That all seems more tight than needing to be hashed out to these eyes. Thanks.

The news on the previous page about analysts suddenly changing their picks from UT to UK on Baron has me pumped! I felt we would get Oxendine. And I thought we had a really good chance at Hayes. But I never felt like UK would win out over UT for Baron in the end. So getting him would be a huge deal and an unexpected (to me anyway) boost for this class.

Reactions: JASUN74
Appears Juco OT Jeremy Flax will officially visit UK next weekend. Right now, Auburn is on top with UK running third on his list. Think he signs with Auburn, but wanted to at least men the fact that it appears he will in fact visit.
Hey I’m all for just getting them here and let them see for themselves. I know some of these kids couldn’t believe what Kentucky has to offer now. When compared to the bigger SEC schools, we’re closing the gap, and we have one of the coolest places in the country As a whole. Plus, our Uniforms are unbelievable now. Lol.

We just never know what will stand out to a kid, but we sure have some good people in charge who’s figured it out lately. Thanks a Million Rock Cat for everything you do.

I’m afraid I have. Do you have daughters? Mine are master shoppers.

Here are some offers already turned down by our commits-

Beau Allen- GA, MI
Samuel Anaele- 5 SEC schools, OR, MI
Kalil Branham- OH St, MI, Southern Cal, TN, VA Tech
Deondre Buford- Auburn, TN, PA St, Minnesota, IA
Izayah Cummings- 3 SEC schools, VA, Wake For
Torrance Davis- PA St, VA, TN
Rickey Hyatt- Minnesota, Wake For, MI St
D’Eryk Jackson- 3 SEC schools
Joshua Jones- 6 SEC schools
Jutahn McClain- OH St, PA St, Minnesota, ND
Andru Phillips- TN, Wake For, VA Tech
Justin Rogers- 10 SEC schools, OH St, MI
Tre’Vonn Rybka- 8 SEC schools, OK, OR, VA, VA Tech
Earnest Sanders- PA St, Minnesota, MI St
Carrington Valentine- Minnesota, MI St, Wake For
John Young- 7 SEC schools, OH St, PA St, MI, OR, VA

Rogers and Rybka turned down Bama. Apparent UK-leaners RJ Adams, Vito Tisdale, and Joel Williams also hold offers from Bama. FWIW, so do Tyler Baron and Michael Drennen. I can’t say whether all these offers are still committable, but they have been reported this year by multiple credible outlets.

Great info, thanks.

Last edited:
I have so counted you, Sir, and our total for those not too excited about Gatewood issssssssssssssssss ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me figure this on my calculator . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

OK, we have a total of 1 who is not too excited about Gatewood!
Just like a lawyer.

You have to have a calculator for help when you run into a problem with big numbers.

Maybe I should have said based on what I have read about Gatewood doesn’t get me excited. Didn’t mean to upset anyone. I know he is big but not a prolific passer and I have not seen great numbers from him so that is why I said that. I am too old to go digging for recruiting info on players. I hope he is highly successful here.

He was top 50 in his class, JMO but if you can sign anyone like that you sign him, recruits notice, and he would attract more high end talent. Plus he is at a vital position, I think Bowden just proved having a running QB isn't all bad. Then Nix, the QB that beat him out at Auburn was a FIVE STAR legacy recruit, actually the situation is very similar to the way we got our present injured QB that was behind Herbert at Oregon, don't you think we could have used him this year?

Reactions: Ky grandpa

"The only other prospect that is on the radar for an OV is Alabama ATH Dee Beckwith in mid January. Kentucky currently has ground to make up there as Florida has promised him a ride for football and basketball."

Gasp, you mean they could give him TWO COAs? But I have it on the good authority of half the posters on here that the younger generation doesn't need any extra money.

That is something I would be more likely to expect Thug U to try though.

Last edited:
I think no one has any idea where Tyler Baron is going, rivals had three people choose UK yesterday and 24/7 had one for UT today. I assume he will actually decide that day but as a parent if he wanted to go to UK, could you imagine telling your kid that he has to go to UT for your job, it just seems selfish. I have no actual idea if he wants to go to UK over UT but if that was the case. That seems wrong.

I just noticed that Art Green decommitted from the Vawls. Kentucky offered him.

Drennen may now be signing next week.

Assuming he does, I now think UK adds signatures from Drennen, Oxendine, Baron, Adams and J. Williams, which would bring the class to 21 members. We will assume Tisdale signs in February to make 22. The biggest question after that would be Josaih Hayes. If they can sign him next week, I think they are likely done for 2020 and would only be waiting on Tisdale.

Assuming he does, I now think UK adds signatures from Drennen, Oxendine, Baron, Adams and J. Williams, which would bring the class to 21 members. We will assume Tisdale signs in February to make 22. The biggest question after that would be Josaih Hayes. If they can sign him next week, I think they are likely done for 2020 and would only be waiting on Tisdale.
I realize things can always change and I’m sure this is the best case scenario, but if this happens the way you just listed, it will go down as the most overall talent at positions of need that I can remember. Amazing job by this staff to pull this off and it’s going to take us to another level. Couldn’t me more happier with this class.

Also, with the news from Lynn moving on today, I can’t help but think it’s made a big difference with M. Drennen. I would’ve loved for him to come back next year with the team we’ll have , but I’m loving the look of next year, actually the next Five years looks awesome.

Little birdie says Tisdale might sign next week but hold off until the 4th to make it public.

That had been rumored for a little bit now, so we will see. I would not be surprised as he has basically been on board with Kentucky for a while now.

Reactions: vikingfer
Little birdie says Tisdale might sign next week but hold off until the 4th to make it public.
Interesting. Never thought of that, never heard of that. Thinking now, UK may being requiring that to avoid needing to keep looking.

Here is KSR's take on things, not much different than our Experts here, (not surprisingly, lol)

I have never made a recruiting prediction on Kentucky Sports Radio dot com, however, I’m willing to try something new for the people. As of today, here’s who I believe will commit to UK:

— Vito Tisdale
— Octavious Oxendine
— R.J. Adams
— Joel Williams
— Michael Drennen II

Hayes and Baron could easily join that crew. Plenty can happen over the next ten days to give me more confidence that UK can land two more four-star wild cards, ultimately pushing UK’s 2020 class up to more than ten four-star commitments.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/mai...zyPSqQuVWKPaSs-FjzhWt6cp74luDv7fOI1FJU93NTPqs

Discusses other recruits that are possible
Ronald Williams II
Jeremy Flax
Reginald Perry
Josaih Hayes
Tyler Baron
Jimmy Calloway

I'm a fan of the KSR radio show, but KSR is not the place to get football recruiting news UNLESS it's specific scoop coming from Matt. I know he has his detractors and please folks, don't turn this thread into a KSR/Matt debate, but Matt is close with Coach Marrow and gets good scoop from him. But as I said otherwise, KSR is not a go to for recruiting news.

I'm a fan of the KSR radio show, but KSR is not the place to get football recruiting news UNLESS it's specific scoop coming from Matt. I know he has his detractors and please folks, don't turn this thread into a KSR/Matt debate, but Matt is close with Coach Marrow and gets good scoop from him. But as I said otherwise, KSR is not a go to for recruiting news.
EXACTLY lol. Very good post.

Here is KSR's take on things, not much different than our Experts here, (not surprisingly, lol)

I have never made a recruiting prediction on Kentucky Sports Radio dot com, however, I’m willing to try something new for the people. As of today, here’s who I believe will commit to UK:

— Vito Tisdale
— Octavious Oxendine
— R.J. Adams
— Joel Williams
— Michael Drennen II

Hayes and Baron could easily join that crew. Plenty can happen over the next ten days to give me more confidence that UK can land two more four-star wild cards, ultimately pushing UK’s 2020 class up to more than ten four-star commitments.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/mai...zyPSqQuVWKPaSs-FjzhWt6cp74luDv7fOI1FJU93NTPqs

Discusses other recruits that are possible
Ronald Williams II
Jeremy Flax
Reginald Perry
Josaih Hayes
Tyler Baron
Jimmy Calloway

Reading the KSR article...can't but laugh at this line...

Kentucky is the team to beat when Williams chooses between the Cats, Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn and Georgia on Dec. 17.

Watching UK football for about 25 years now and we have kids choosing UK over the likes of those schools. LOL..would have never imagined that.

Keep this thread going...one of the best ones on all of Cats Pause. Hats off to you folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT