ADVERTISEMENT

St Johns @ UCONN

St Johns got RJ Luis back. Only his 2nd game this season. He's a really solid player. Any team takes them lightly will be looking at a tough matchup when they are fully healthy. Soriano in a lot of games will be the best big man on the floor.

Maybe I'm just used to watching UK, but both these teams look slooooowwwwwww. Could just be style of play, and I'm saying UK is better than UConn necessarily (yet), but these teams just look a half-step (or more) slower than UK.

I mean I guess. Or you could call most of them facts. Lulz
I made no statement on veracity. Just a lot of slurping.

They did however refer to him as a 2-time national championship coach. I get it… but really, given the circumstances of his vacated title, they might want to dial it back a bit.

Reactions: bigbluelou

They did however refer to him as a 2-time national championship coach. I get it… but really, given the circumstances of his vacated title, they might want to dial it back a bit.
Meh Cal has 6 Final Fours and Pitino has won 2 titles. In my book anyway.

Watching this game I see a lot of missed opportunities for open shots. Guys who had a man open in the corner or missed a chance to pass ahead in transition but instead keep the ball or keep it too long and end up turning it over or taking a bad shot. our guys would’ve made those passes. And that’s refreshing to know

There's no doubt about it that Pitino effed up leaving here. The man has even admitted as much. Hard to blame him, though. It's not like he went to an NBA team with little to no history of winning. Like with Kentucky he accepted the challenge of restoring greatness(even if it didnt work out) to programs that weren't what they were used to being. The money didn't hurt.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
There's no doubt about it that Pitino effed up leaving here. The man has even admitted as much. Hard to blame him, though. It's not like he went to an NBA team with little to no history of winning. Like with Kentucky he accepted the challenge of restoring greatness(even if it didnt work out) to programs that weren't what they were used to being. The money didn't hurt.
Just wish he would’ve scratched that itch before coming to UK. Could’ve had a damn dynasty here. Had a mini one, but it could’ve been soooo much better. 😑

Last edited:

The elephant in the room is we would have that vacated title and probation if he'd have stayed in Lexington. Otoh, NYC probably builds him a statue of whores, yes men and makes Porcini's a museum if it happens again.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
Sainthood is the next logical step for Pitino according to Gus Johnson.
PBmvKXm.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT