ADVERTISEMENT

St. Johns says NO to the NIT

The NIT is like non playoff bowl games...................meaningless lol.

I totally disagree with that. There are several really nice bowls that do mean something. The Outback / citrus ect are not meaningless bowls and are nowhere near similar. I think it really hurts the sport and a lot of players to carry an attitude that non playoff bowls are totally meaningless. I understand there are quite a few that are, but we need to take the first crop outside of playoff bowls serious because there are teams in the best conferences that get shafted due to the competitiveness of their league and their bowl is just as good as a team in the playoff. Example, Louisville in a playoff spot is not as impressive as U.K. in the citrus.

And those arent close to similar to the NIT. The NIT literally means you didn’t make the real post season.

I totally disagree with that. There are several really nice bowls that do mean something. The Outback / citrus ect are not meaningless bowls and are nowhere near similar. I think it really hurts the sport and a lot of players to carry an attitude that non playoff bowls are totally meaningless. I understand there are quite a few that are, but we need to take the first crop outside of playoff bowls serious because there are teams in the best conferences that get shafted due to the competitiveness of their league and their bowl is just as good as a team in the playoff. Example, Louisville in a playoff spot is not as impressive as U.K. in the citrus.

And those arent close to similar to the NIT. The NIT literally means you didn’t make the real post season.

Going to bowl games that don't count as playoffs also means you didn't make the real post season. Sure it's tougher in football............only been 4 spots for the longest time and when u are in the SEC if u aren't Alabama or Georgia it's next to impossible but the bottom line is your not playing for a title.

And frankly, with the way guys skip out on those bowl games the players don't really care about them either.

Reactions: saxonburgcat
Going to bowl games that don't count as playoffs also means you didn't make the real post season. Sure it's tougher in football............only been 4 spots for the longest time and when u are in the SEC if u aren't Alabama or Georgia it's next to impossible but the bottom line is your not playing for a title.

And frankly, with the way guys skip out on those bowl games the players don't really care about them either.
The players always cared until other people told them they don’t matter. I don’t think that means anything.

No, bowl games are post season, they’re just not a playoff. Football is different like I said. The bowl selections just behind the playoff are not only not NIT quality, they’re considered great post season bowls. And many great players play in them.

The Pitino lovers on this board are nauseating. The guy can do no wrong to them. Leaves UK with a crap recruiting class overall for Boston, then goes full Benedict arnold/judas and goes to UL. Aborts a child from his mistress and hires hookers to get recruits. Wins a title by cheating and has it vacated. Goes to Iona and now to st johns and people on our board that claim to be UK fans seem more upset about Ricky p not making the ncaa than about talking UK.

It's been almost 30 years old timers. 1996 isn't coming back.

And we are allowed to hate pitino and also hate cal. I've said cal needs fired asap and won't ever win another sec regular season, sec title, final four or natty title here. He's done.

So which UK coaches do you love? Rupp was before your time. Hall unachieved but stayed loyal. Tubby was a good in season coach but not good in the post season. He was also always trying to promote his son at the detriment of UK basketball. Sutton was scum. Billy G was an idiot.

Do we hate every coach since Rupp?

Sir Charles was razzing Kellog about Ohio State and just said NIT stood for "Not in Tournament"

Charles Barkley Laugh GIF - Charles Barkley Laugh Laughs GIFs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT