ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say Bombshell

Good kid, good player, plays hard, why wouldn’t he be everyone’s least favorite players ever?
He may end up the least favorite Kentucky player since Anthony Davis of the phony trolls who afflict this board, pretending to be Kentucky fans so they can stir up the impressionable and terminally angry to turn on the Cats.

There are at least a dozen who are on Rafters all the time -- except to celebrate after a big win like Saturday's. That's one way to spot the losers.

Least favorite player?

iu

Reactions: Fox2monk
Just goes to show how some will say anything as long as it fits into their agenda. Notice how they disappear in these threads when they cannot continue their drivel because of facts. Easy to say in May….impossible to say now.
Pilgrim and other like him have targeted that demographic. That’s why he “reports” so many negative rumors that turn out to be false. He knows what gets clicks.

I question if some of these people are really even fans of anything. I'm not saying trolls but to be miserable enough to have a least favorite player before you see him play with the team is pathetic. My dads the same way with sports these days, i don't know why he even watches when he just gets hateful every bad play/call. Feels like he roots against his teams half the time and i don't see the point

Pilgrim and other like him have targeted that demographic. That’s why he “reports” so many negative rumors that turn out to be false. He knows what gets clicks.
I’m speaking of posters here that said Bradshaw was becoming their least favorite player in May.

this isn't for any particular player (WARNING, OLD MAN RANT STARTING)

while I like any player that performs for UK and represents the program well on and off the court

there is no love lost for any player that would just as likely be at Appalachian St if they threw $1.5m at him.

at this point, education means nothing, the program means nothing, the coach has no meaning in development or building character, its about 90% I'll wear the uniform based on the payout

Everything that is presented as a family environment, supporting their brothers on the team, etc is all a facade that would crumble the moment the money went away.

My age group and the generations before me, picking the school, even if it was for the coach, even if we knew behind the scenes there were those $100 handshakes going on, it still meant something to the fans when a player chose Kentucky.

Compare a player like Hunter to Oscar. Oscar dreamed of being at Kentucky. Hunter dreamed of owning a Lincoln Navigator.

I don't know how you get excited about that, and certainly Hunter isn't unique which is why I said this wasn't about any particular player.

this isn't for any particular player (WARNING, OLD MAN RANT STARTING)

while I like any player that performs for UK and represents the program well on and off the court

there is no love lost for any player that would just as likely be at Appalachian St if they threw $1.5m at him.

at this point, education means nothing, the program means nothing, the coach has no meaning in development or building character, its about 90% I'll wear the uniform based on the payout

Everything that is presented as a family environment, supporting their brothers on the team, etc is all a facade that would crumble the moment the money went away.

My age group and the generations before me, picking the school, even if it was for the coach, even if we knew behind the scenes there were those $100 handshakes going on, it still meant something to the fans when a player chose Kentucky.

Compare a player like Hunter to Oscar. Oscar dreamed of being at Kentucky. Hunter dreamed of owning a Lincoln Navigator.

I don't know how you get excited about that, and certainly Hunter isn't unique which is why I said this wasn't about any particular player.
Lincoln Navigator? Well you did say old
man rant.

Same goes for the fans. None of y’all give a single damn about Bobby Perry, Sheray Thomas, Brandon Stockton or any other mid player. It’s about how much they can entertain you. Half of this board spent months trashing Aaron Bradshaw based off of made up rumors because they thought he wouldn’t entertain them this season. You don’t care about any of these kid’s education, you care about their ability to play basketball well and entertain you.

Lincoln Navigator? Well you did say old
man rant.

Same goes for the fans. None of y’all give a single damn about Bobby Perry, Sheray Thomas, Brandon Stockton or any other mid player. It’s about how much they can entertain you. Half of this board spent months trashing Aaron Bradshaw based off of made up rumors because they thought he wouldn’t entertain them this season. You don’t care about any of these kid’s education, you care about their ability to play basketball well and entertain you.
of course, I"m not vested in Bobby Perry any more than I am Chuck Hayes , Patrick Patterson, John Wall or Aaron Bradshaw.

What I am vested in is Kentucky basketball, and at one time it meant something to the fans for a player to commit to Kentucky because it wasn't tied to a dollar amount.

Personally, I don't take the time to dig into a player before he steps onto the court so I wasn't aware of the Aaron Bradshaw comments.

That said, you can't blame the fans after living thru the Shaedon Sharpe, which is singularly the most selfish act the fans have personally witnessed at UK. There was no team for Sharpe, there was no commitment to the program, it was and only was about Shaedon Sharpe.

I don't think you can blame fans for being cynical after that.

But I appreciate your viewpoint after contributing 9 posts to the board talking to people that have been fans for decades.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
of course, I"m not vested in Bobby Perry any more than I am Chuck Hayes , Patrick Patterson, John Wall or Aaron Bradshaw.

What I am vested in is Kentucky basketball, and at one time it meant something to the fans for a player to commit to Kentucky because it wasn't tied to a dollar amount.

Personally, I don't take the time to dig into a player before he steps onto the court so I wasn't aware of the Aaron Bradshaw comments.

That said, you can't blame the fans after living thru the Shaedon Sharpe, which is singularly the most selfish act the fans have personally witnessed at UK. There was no team for Sharpe, there was no commitment to the program, it was and only was about Shaedon Sharpe.

But I appreciate your viewpoint after contributing 9 posts to the board talking to people that have been fans for decades.
Shaedon Sharpe happened. It was a bummer. Nobody else is Shaedon Sharpe, they are each their own people.

If you and others on this board would just let the ghost of Shaedon Sharpe drive his Lincoln Navigator right out of your memory, you would be a lot better off for it.

Shaedon Sharpe happened. It was a bummer. Nobody else is Shaedon Sharpe, they are each their own people.

If you and others on this board would just let the ghost of Shaedon Sharpe drive his Lincoln Navigator right out of your memory, you would be a lot better off for it.
not happening

The truth hurts. These players are only entertainment to you. You sugarcoat it but that’s the truth. The players are the one who should be cynical. They’re the ones who get trashed based on made up rumors because y’all are willing to tear down everyone just to get a Cal. Bradshaw, least favorite UK player but y’all are the victim. too funny.

Oh and I’m sorry Shaedon Sharpe made millions instead of entertaining you. There’s a special place in hell for people like that.

The truth hurts. These players are only entertainment to you. You sugarcoat it but that’s the truth. The players are the one who should be cynical. They’re the ones who get trashed based on made up rumors because y’all are willing to tear down everyone just to get a Cal. Bradshaw, least favorite UK player but y’all are the victim. too funny.

Oh and I’m sorry Shaedon Sharpe made millions instead of entertaining you. There’s a special place in hell for people like that.
I dont know if I'd go as far as your last sentence lol, but I agree with your main point. I always get a kick out of the people on this board who act like the players are indebted to the program or that they're disrespecting the program by being one and done. The players don't owe anything to some historic, powerful basketball institution. They don't owe the fans, the university, or the program anything. Without the players there would be no program and no team to root for and no UK shirts to wear and be proud of.

I'm really not a fan of the power dynamic that the "players owe us and the program" mindset suggests. And I think I'll stop talking now before I wander into a topic that gets me banned from another thread.

Reactions: Seakat311
I dont know if I'd go as far as your last sentence lol, but I agree with your main point. I always get a kick out of the people on this board who act like the players are indebted to the program or that they're disrespecting the program by being one and done. The players don't owe anything to some historic, powerful basketball institution. They don't owe the fans, the university, or the program anything. Without the players there would be no program and no team to root for and no UK shirts to wear and be proud of.

I'm really not a fan of the power dynamic that the "players owe us and the program" mindset suggests. And I think I'll stop talking now before I wander into a topic that gets me banned from another thread.
without the fans there would be no Rupp Arena, no John Calipari, no millions in TV revenue

when is the last time you went to watch the UK fencing team? follow up question, how much money do you think UK puts into the UK fencing team?

Take the fans out of the equation for UK basketball and see if Aaron Bradshaw comes here

and FWIW, not once have I said anything about the players owing UK anything. I've simply stated I have no love lost for mercenary players who would play for the highest bidder. Hunter Dickinson would fall into that category if he came here.

You and your cohort who just learned about the internet are going down interpreting my post as some form of entitlement as a fan that isn't there.

All the UK fans expect is a quid pro quo - you give your best to the program and the program gives its best to you, while at the same time, expecting the man who is paid to put the interests of the program above everything else to live up to his obligations.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Dickenson is a douchebag and by all accounts Bradshaw is a really good kid. Glad he's in Lexington and wearing the blue and white.
Bradshaw is a really good kid, not making that comparison. And I know he's not here, but we wanted him... and really only didn't when it was clear he wasn't coming. I think he we were his first choice too, but it was clear Cal would not play him over his #1 rated freshman class.
My point was that Dickinson brings so much more to a team at this point than Bradshaw does, Dickinson lessens our variance while increasing our ceiling.
I absolutely believe Bradshaw will be playing better basketball long after Dickenson has hung them up. But that doesn't matter to UK basketball, because Bradshaw will be gone after this year. Dickenson would still have another year of eligibility, and I don't know if he could make more $$ outside of college NIL.
Honestly, I'm just upset in the perpetual mediocracy we have become mired in... because our HC values getting kids (and himself) generationally wealthy, to the detriment of the values that have made UK the greatest college basketball program. And the blind BBN followers that still applaud recruiting classes of 5*s... oblivious to the fact that they are root of demise.

Except he didn't foul out of a close game vs UNC. Made some key plays late.
It's not even a close game if we had Dickenson.
And I get it, no one likes Dickenson... likely ever at Michigan, Kansas, or family reunions... but he has undeniable skills and attributes that translate well to college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT