ADVERTISEMENT

Sources Say Bombshell

There are people on this thread who guaranteed in the summer before Isaiah Jackson played that he'd be no more skilled than Marcus Lee. A combination of being ignorant about basketball and perpetually negative.

I haven't had a chance to study Bradshaw yet. When I do, I'll go on the record -- as I did predicting a major year for Jackson.

I don’t know if anyone would call what Jackson did at Kentucky a major year. Blocks wise yes absolutely phenomenal defender.

If lee was on that team and Jackson was on the team lee’s freshman year I bet the stats would be almost identical though.

There are people on this thread who guaranteed in the summer before Isaiah Jackson played that he'd be no more skilled than Marcus Lee. A combination of being ignorant about basketball and perpetually negative.

I haven't had a chance to study Bradshaw yet. When I do, I'll go on the record -- as I did predicting a major year for Jackson.

Wish I could’ve been there when you were rubbing it in everyone’s face while Jackson was carrying us to greatness that year, classic!

there were other threads that supposedly had Bradshaw on social media asking him to come to UK
can't be both ways

I can see the Holland situation possibly being a problem if he wants to play the 4....but if he wants to play the 4 he should care less about the 5 spot.

Hopefully Bradshaw is okay with playing with SOMEONE, because Cal will do everything in his power to keep his prized recruiting class intact, even if it means Cal doesn't bring in any more players for the 5 spot, even though Bradshaw doesn’t want to play the 5.

Obviously he's okay with Ugo and Ware playing the 5, but he needs to know, if those are our only options at that position, he and the team, are screwed.

Well Ware is out of equation. To me that all but says Oscar is back.

I can barely remember one game played or one outstanding play made by Isaiah Jackson.
They grow up so fast.

Reactions: KFuqua
No one knows anything if you have learned by now. For two weeks I’ve read people here saying “Bradshaw was guaranteed the 4”. That’s far from reality. Now this stuff or the HD will commit Tuesday I think the same op started. It’s all a bunch of gossip. Matt pilgrim, Tucker you name it they need to get a life and stop covering uk basketball. Anyone picked at random here can come up with the garbage they put out. “The possibility of Oscar returning”. Hell that reads like a horoscope so ambiguous. The best there is imo is on our forum. @ralphdaltonfan is the best there is right now and he’s not anywhere near Lexington. I’m sick of the clown car of uk gotta break the story slurpers. That mentality should have left with frosty tips. We need an actual, somewhat plugged in beat writer. Once cal is gone hopefully that happens because so
Much bs is dumped by these guys that it’s a fog until the season begins. Then it’s “oh this dude went there, I thought he was going there”. Or the these guys will return line. lol no one returns until after they leave. Lol

Duke doesn't have much more of a roster than us, other than Filipowski coming back, while Tshiebwe hasn't...except they have 3-4 extra guys at the end of the bench that won't play.

(So) Proctor - Wagner (#3)
(#15) McCain - Dillingham (#10)
(So) Mitchell - Edwards (#2)
(#14) Stewart - Bradshaw (#5)
(So) Filipowski - ???
(Sr) Young - Onyenso (So)
(#16) Foster - Reeves (Sr)
(So) Blakes - Thiero (So)
(#22) Power - Sheppard (#33)

Then they have Catchings, Schutt, & C. Reeves as well.

We have higher-end talent at the top, while they have sophomore returnees. They have higher-end talent at the bottom, but we will likely still add a couple more. With Tshiebwe, it's a wash at best.
Hearing Roach is coming back as well.

I can barely remember one game played or one outstanding play made by Isaiah Jackson.
They grow up so fast.
He was good but had a crap team around him. Jackson Clarke Boston askew. Should have been a big year but it was a major flop. Idk what happens next year but if cal doesn’t fill some spots with me who can play it will be another flop

No one knows anything if you have learned by now. For two weeks I’ve read people here saying “Bradshaw was guaranteed the 4”. That’s far from reality. Now this stuff or the HD will commit Tuesday I think the same op started. It’s all a bunch of gossip. Matt pilgrim, Tucker you name it they need to get a life and stop covering uk basketball. Anyone picked at random here can come up with the garbage they put out. “The possibility of Oscar returning”. Hell that reads like a horoscope so ambiguous. The best there is imo is on our forum. @ralphdaltonfan is the best there is right now and he’s not anywhere near Lexington. I’m sick of the clown car of uk gotta break the story slurpers. That mentality should have left with frosty tips. We need an actual, somewhat plugged in beat writer. Once cal is gone hopefully that happens because so
Much bs is dumped by these guys that it’s a fog until the season begins. Then it’s “oh this dude went there, I thought he was going there”. Or the these guys will return line. lol no one returns until after they leave. Lol
Be nice friend.

I just share what I get from someone who does know some things. Which often means there's a lull of what he is willing to share or I can share. Will say it's interesting that at no point did he express concern over losing Bradshaw but has consistently told me Livingston is one he could see doing this--even alluded to that during the season--that he could transfer if he returns to CBB and the outline Pilgrim put out is what friend said fit Livingston. Akron kid....Klutch connected, and closer with Bronny and family. He filmed the parts in LeBron's movie coming out this Summer opposite Mookie Cook.

But I also don't have a job to attract listeners/entertain people and in Pilgrim's case provide info for premium customers. So they need to pump out info--some of which I'd not have chosen to share if I were them--that Bradshaw info can piss a lot of people off connected with the player/program making someone sound far more demanding and selfish than they are. It's a 2 way street-when a program pursues, you, wants you to commit and shares how they'll utilize you and how they'll play, that's a bit of a concern-but nothing that can't be talked out privately. Best to keep some things private IMO but again, I don't have to rely on sharing anything due to them paying for a service.

I will go on record and the Cal nuthuggers can come at me fast and furious, Bradshaw has a nice shot for a big guy soft touch it looks like, that said his timing on blocking shots and getting off his feet is where he will be exposed. The times I have watched him he was literally a second late it seemed in trying to block a shot, fire away boys jmo hope I am all wet
Actually being late is better starting point for development than a guy that leaves his feet too early. Number one rule in shot blocking is jump first you lose. Have to let the ball guy leave his first then half a beat later leave yours. Reason is the buy with the ball has to hesitate at the top for his release, then ball takes time to reach its apex. You have plenty of time to catch up to the ball if you jump last with those two factors in play.

Now you dont want to jump too late as you point out but he can learn to adjust that with the speed of the college game as opposed to high school. But most big make the mistake of overreacting to a shooter and leaving their feet too early causing them to foul, be faked out of position for drop off dunks, or offensive guy just using hesitation to work aroun them for a bucket.

That said you cant be a second late though, thats' too long.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I will look forward to your quotes in the game threads about how terrible and useless he is.

Either way, you'll be stomping him into the ground in the game threads, captain hypocrite.
@JFCats22 is the most contradictory poster on this board. He supports the players, until they actually play and make mistakes, and then he's the king of deflecting everything away from Calipari.

Also, he gets chub for posting negative news first. All in all, he's been pretty emo the entire time he's been here.

Playing the 4 is a disaster waiting to happen.
Specifically if you actually play him that way instead of announcing him as a forward.

I mean AD, Nerlens, Bam, all played 5 spot as "Forwards".

Offensively, I do think he is the best shooting big since Nick Richards and has more range/nice stroke. Fact he shot a strong FT percentage for most of EYBL was impressive and usually shows whether or not a guy has shooting potential.

Idea of him defending small ball 4's--not a fan.

Be nice friend.

I just share what I get from someone who does know some things. Which often means there's a lull of what he is willing to share or I can share. Will say it's interesting that at no point did he express concern over losing Bradshaw but has consistently told me Livingston is one he could see doing this--even alluded to that during the season--that he could transfer if he returns to CBB and the outline Pilgrim put out is what friend said fit Livingston. Akron kid....Klutch connected, and closer with Bronny and family. He filmed the parts in LeBron's movie coming out this Summer opposite Mookie Cook.

But I also don't have a job to attract listeners/entertain people and in Pilgrim's case provide info for premium customers. So they need to pump out info--some of which I'd not have chosen to share if I were them--that Bradshaw info can piss a lot of people off connected with the player/program making someone sound far more demanding and selfish than they are. It's a 2 way street-when a program pursues, you, wants you to commit and shares how they'll utilize you and how they'll play, that's a bit of a concern-but nothing that can't be talked out privately. Best to keep some things private IMO but again, I don't have to rely on sharing anything due to them paying for a service.
“just share what I get from someone who does know some things. Which often means there's a lull of what he is willing to share or I can share.”

Listen I’ve been a Kentucky fan 50 years since birth. I grew up with the annual cats pause year book and their news letter, the local newspaper the herald leader and what ever national publications. What you described above is why the uk media has gone down hill. They report everything. Good journalists listen for accurate info like you do then put it out. In the meantime they could be covering uk spring fb more or something else other than just speculation based on nothing. Our media is a laughing stock. With the internet it’s become one big free for all with zero now reliable reporters. I’m not saying you should get in the media but I am working on getting a podcast with a couple other guys. You can be our expert guest for game analysis and recruiting. What do you say? We can keep you anonymous.

Specifically if you actually play him that way instead of announcing him as a forward.

I mean AD, Nerlens, Bam, all played 5 spot as "Forwards".

Offensively, I do think he is the best shooting big since Nick Richards and has more range/nice stroke. Fact he shot a strong FT percentage for most of EYBL was impressive and usually shows whether or not a guy has shooting potential.

Idea of him defending small ball 4's--not a fan.
Dalton my concern is his strength especially in the SEC their bigs are massive

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
@JFCats22 is the most contradictory poster on this board. He supports the players, until they actually play and make mistakes, and then he's the king of deflecting everything away from Calipari.

Also, he gets chub for posting negative news first. All in all, he's been pretty emo the entire time he's been here.
But the thing that makes me laugh the most is how, after ripping the players and Cal in the game threads, he immediately seeks out any negative comments made after the games and attacks those poster's, like he never said anything bad.

I've called him out at least a dozen times, but he still does it.

Dalton my concern is his strength especially in the SEC their bigs are massive
Kentucky's dealt with this for years though. If you can play, you can play. The bigger problem for me is has been awful shot making and offensive basketball and no rim protection. They've had a big strong post for 2 years and haven't sniffed SEC or NCAA success.

“just share what I get from someone who does know some things. Which often means there's a lull of what he is willing to share or I can share.”

Listen I’ve been a Kentucky fan 50 years since birth. I grew up with the annual cats pause year book and their news letter, the local newspaper the herald leader and what ever national publications. What you described above is why the uk media has gone down hill. They report everything. Good journalists listen for accurate info like you do then put it out. In the meantime they could be covering uk spring fb more or something else other than just speculation based on nothing. Our media is a laughing stock. With the internet it’s become one big free for all with zero now reliable reporters. I’m not saying you should get in the media but I am working on getting a podcast with a couple other guys. You can be our expert guest for game analysis and recruiting. What do you say? We can keep you anonymous.
LOL-the last thing I need to be on is a podcast. That info won't be coming my way then. Friend would tell me I'm cut off and to STFU. LOL

Labissiere averaged 15.8 MPG.
Because he played so poorly. Cal has promised Bradshaw minutes and has no one else to play the 4 so Bradshaw will see all the minutes he can play foul trouble withstanding. He will play decent against chump teams but will disappear against real competition. Again I hope he proves me wrong but not counting on it. Going to be very hard getting up for this year. Thinking it could be Cals last year will be what keeps me invested, it certainly won’t be our projected seed in the dance.

Bradshaw is already becoming one of my least favorite players.
I'd not put as much stock in that report as you apparently are. If you want to believe this, then go ahead and hate the guy. But he also was hyping up Ron Holland to look at Kentucky and that would effect his playing time/minutes too. Bradshaw's mentioned Oscar in previous articles too and learning from him if they are teammates.

I'd not put as much stock in that report as you apparently are. If you want to believe this, then go ahead and hate the guy. But he also was hyping up Ron Holland to look at Kentucky and that would effect his playing time/minutes too. Bradshaw's mentioned Oscar in previous articles too and learning from him if they are teammates.
Idk just gives me the vibe that he's not really even wanting to be here. Like he was forced to commit. Seems like he desperately wants out of the south and on the west coast ASAP. Also based off these ''reports'' he seems kind of selfish. But then again, like you said, this could just be more Pilgrim BS.

And also, RDF I can't even take these players words serious. Askew was ''locked in on improving'' at Kentucky while looking at new schools. They say a lot to keep the media pleased.

Idk just gives me the vibe that he's not really even wanting to be here. Like he was forced to commit. Seems like he desperately wants out of the south and on the west coast ASAP. Also based off these ''reports'' he seems kind of selfish. But then again, like you said, this could just be more Pilgrim BS.
Has to do with what agency reps him more than anything. Rumors from Klutch would place him out West. Chris Livingston is with Klutch as well but has Akron ties and much deeper with them. Bradshaw is fairly new to the game and came up with Camden/NJ Scholars and wanted to be the 2nd commitment to class behind Sheppard but then some things happened around him and his play dipped. When he was allowed to make his own decision, he played well again.

Very well liked with teammates and other guys in the class of '23. Don't let media reports form an opinion. To this point Pilgrim has **** all over Dillingham and now decided to share buzz around EYBL (which is the equivalent of gossiping women after church). If he's trying to piss off Kentucky or Klutch--keep up the gossip. Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and report AFTER something happens then to stir it up to be first and appear in the know. Just my two cents.

And also, RDF I can't even take these players words serious. Askew was ''locked in on improving'' at Kentucky while looking at new schools. They say a lot to keep the media pleased.
True, but Askew was a Golden Boy special. Once the Golden Boy era ended, his time was done.
Askew would still be at Kentucky if it was up to him. It wasn't. They actually want the guys in this class.

So much that they are willing to tank the season to play Bradshaw at the 4 for his NBA hopes.Once again UK pays the price.
I'm not buying that until I see it. I do think offensively he'll get to shoot more jumpers (think Nick Richards) than any UK big man and I like his shot-so he's a legit perimeter threat. Now will he shoot a ton of 3's? We'll see. A lot of things get rectified once you put guys on the floor. Again....AD was listed as a Forward his entire season at UK. Did he play forward? Not comparing talent level either. Just saying position talk. Also at end of day you want on the court and go off how you are utilized. If say Oscar is off to NBA/Pro Ball, Livingston returned or someone came into the program as a forward--he'd want to start--you can say Starting at Forward.......and guy is basically the 5 man defensively and offensively if you can space--even better.

So then, did Wagner/Dillingham have a conversation with Cal about how they want Oscar used next year, to maximize their game and not clog the lane?

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT