ADVERTISEMENT

Sources...Satterfield Out

Also dont forget Louisville is broke as hell. Swapping coaches like crazy and falling attendance ain't a great combo

You may be right and certainly would have a better feel than I do. That being said, I would like to know what it is that they think they’re going to do there. In Kentucky we’re in a challenging recruiting position ourselves relative to other conference schools but my goodness Lexington beats West Lafayette to death. That campus has its challenges.
Money can be a game changer for someone to come into the league. Remember, each B1G member will now be receiving almost $100 MILLION annually from the big TV contract alone. Nebraska recently agreed to pay Rhule like $9 million a year and Fickell at Wisconsin nearly $8 million.

Why would Brohm want to come back to a dump like UL ?
Because it's "home" for him and the Brohm family name is HUGE in Louisville. And you can never put a price tag on what the lure of returning to your alma mater.

Because it's "home" for him and the Brohm family name is HUGE in Louisville. And you can never put a price tag on what the lure of returning to your alma mater.
Saw were some said he was not treated that well by UL and some fans so we will see.

The Purdue Rivals people told Iowa's Rival's lead administrator Brohm is almost a lock to go.
Yeah I figured he would be louisvilles first call, Doyle has everything Indiana sports related on lockdown, so if he saying it probably happening, I enjoyed the days of Louisville having a incompetent coach, know they have one who can at the very least coach offense and score, defense is whole story

Yeah I figured he would be louisvilles first call, Doyle has everything Indiana sports related on lockdown, so if he saying it probably happening, I enjoyed the days of Louisville having a incompetent coach, know they have one who can at the very least coach offense and score, defense is whole story
I know not equal comparison the Big 10 to the ACC in football, but in 6 years at Purdue he is:

36-34 overall

26-25 in conference play

We stopped their offense to 3 points this year and beat them handedly. But you're right-- they are known for their offense with Brohm, not their defense.

I would say that if Brohm ends up replacing Satterfield at Louisville that Louisville would have upgraded at HC. Brohm has done a good job at Purdue though not extraordinary.
He’s done fairly well although he’s in by far the weaker division of the B1G.

He’s done fairly well although he’s in by far the weaker division of the B1G.
What scares me is he goes there, I think the ACC division that Louisville is in is about as comparable , maybe a tad weaker than Purdues. If he can land some recruits paired with the 12 team playoff, my fear is he gets Louisville in the playoffs. I think Brohm to Louisville would be a nightmare for us UK fans. I hope it doesnt happen for my own sanity

I think Satterfield believes going to the Big12 will be an easier route to the playoffs when it goes to 12 teams, so he made the move. Now for Brohm, no idea if he would be interested, but if he wants to realistically coach in the playoffs he will look for an easier route. Even this year after playing for the Big10 title he wouldn't have gotten in the 12 team playoff. ACC will get 1, maybe 2 teams in, but he won't have to beat the Big10 teams. IF CU can play Dabo 11m with their TV contract, Louisville can pay 9m. If they want him.
Brohm will be a personal decision based on if he want to return to the city of Louisville. Money is way bigger in the Big10. Not even close. I doubt Louisville gets even close to 9 million.

I don't see anyone leaving a Big 10 or SEC team willingly to coach in the ACC, Big 12 or Pac 10. So, my top two candidates for UofL would be Curt Cignetti the current Head Coach at James Madison, Gus Malzhan the current Head Coach at UCF, or Garrett Riley, brother of Lincoln Riley and OC for TCU.

Someone said earlier that Purdue had peaked in the Big 10. I wonder if UofL has peaked in the ACC. Everything about that conference is trending downwards from a football perspective, and many of the advantages that UofL had in 90's and early 2000's have disappeared since they joined that league. Unless the portal saves them, I don't see them playing for an ACC championship anytime soon.

Reactions: pappy52
I don't see anyone leaving a Big 10 or SEC team willingly to coach in the ACC, Big 12 or Pac 10. So, my top two candidates for UofL would be Curt Cignetti the current Head Coach at James Madison, Gus Malzhan the current Head Coach at UCF, or Garrett Riley, brother of Lincoln Riley and OC for TCU.

Someone said earlier that Purdue had peaked in the Big 10. I wonder if UofL has peaked in the ACC. Everything about that conference is trending downwards from a football perspective, and many of the advantages that UofL had in 90's and early 2000's have disappeared since they joined that league. Unless the portal saves them, I don't see them playing for an ACC championship anytime soon.
Is this Perrin Johnson, God you are a tool if so.

NOW HERE IS LOUISVILLE AND ITS FANS ALL PUTTING THE EGGS IN ONE BASKET. THAT OF JEFF BROHM. SO WHAT IF HE SAYS NO AGAIN. WHOOPS TIME TO PLUCK ANOTHER APPY STATE COACH OR ONE OF THAT CALIBER. AFTER ALL SIGNING DAY IS 2 WEEKS AWAY DEC 17TH

Back when Satt was on the hot seat we were told the recruiting class wasn’t tied to Satt if he was fired. On the flip side we were also told most wouldn’t want to play for Brohm either.
Pierce Clarkson is a dual threat QB with questionable accuracy, not a good fit for Brohms offense and daddy doesn't want that.

Saw were some said he was not treated that well by UL and some fans so we will see.
Jurich let Kragthorpe scapegoat Brohm for UL's failures. He was fired and they even fired his brother Greg who was working in a sports information role. Nice way to treat two former star players. However, all involved are no longer associated with UL, so I could see him returning.

What scares me is he goes there, I think the ACC division that Louisville is in is about as comparable , maybe a tad weaker than Purdues. If he can land some recruits paired with the 12 team playoff, my fear is he gets Louisville in the playoffs. I think Brohm to Louisville would be a nightmare for us UK fans. I hope it doesnt happen for my own sanity
The division Louisville plays in is not comparable to the Big 10 west. They play in the same division as Clemson, FSU, NC State & Wake Forest. However it really doesn’t matter cause this was the last year of divisions in the ACC.

Reactions: bigjonaoc
App Sat is smart to leave. The fans and AD wanted him fired last year but the University President stopped it. He looked like he might be fired midseason this year but then a hot win streak saved him. UL had a senior heavy team this year and it will be hard to improve the record next year. Now he gets a nice fat multi year contract at a good program. He made out like a bandit.

• Love
Reactions: The-Hack
Mark Stoops is the new HC at Luhlvuhl or Levisville. Whichever you prefer

He will announce soon

It is what it is

Let's not assume Purdue is going to throw many extra millions annually at him to stay-- he's not Nick Saban.
He is their Nick Saban.

Put it in context rucker4.

Purdue is one of maybe only 20 P5 programs with less success than Kentucky . . . only one ten win season in program history.

When Louisville sniffed 4 years ago, Purdue threw Top 10 money at him. And they have that much more money to do it , again, which is now 8 million or so.

I'm not as scared as many of a Brohm to Louisville deal. Brohm is a good but not great coach. he will likely see better success in the weaker ACC though, until that conference gets shaken up as well. Louisville needs to position themselves to be invited to the big party when Conferences consolidate. Several ACC schools could be on the outside looking in.
Brohm will only hurt UK a couple of ways. He will probably shore up recruiting the Louisville area. When Trinity has good players, they will more than likely be locks to UofL. Actually that's really the only thing I can think of that will Impact UK. yeah the games will get more competitive, but so be it.

Purdue has been recruiting my nephew pretty hard. Feel like he was their favorite to be offered something in regards to a Scholly or PWO offer after the December signing period. He doesn't want to go to UofL. Hopefully this sort of move won't change that. Still pissed that UK isn't giving him more attention even though he's visited. Hoping a Special Teams staff shakeup will help that. Just hope it doesn't happen too late.

If UK thinks Stoops is worth $8M/yr, Purdue should commit at least that to Brohm

If he goes, he goes, but make UL pay

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT