ADVERTISEMENT

Sources...Satterfield Out

Makes me wonder about that recruiting class.
How stable is it.
Why would he walk away from that for Cincinnati?
I know louisville tried to fire him. Thought everyone had settled.
Seems he could wait another year and move to something a little better.

Reactions: chroix
This is hilarious if true. They want Brohm but are going to have to pay big money to get him. I know there was some rumblings that there were some bridges burned bw the Brohm's and UL. If they can't get him who do they turn to? UL is still a dumpster fire and the gift that keeps on giving.

Makes me wonder about that recruiting class.
How stable is it.
Why would he walk away from that for Cincinnati?
I know louisville tried to fire him. Thought everyone had settled.
Seems he could wait another year and move to something a little better.

Like I posted weeks ago, imo Adidas wasn't going to let him coach that class. They wanted him gone.

Expect a fairly splash hire because they are willing paying a fortune.

Not a good development for us.

jmo

Listen, Purdue is a hard place to win if you look at history dating back the past 25+ years. Brohm likely feels he's peaked at Purdue. Is the alma mater pull going to be enough for him to get him back?

Reactions: gregbookout
I would say that if Brohm ends up replacing Satterfield at Louisville that Louisville would have upgraded at HC. Brohm has done a good job at Purdue though not extraordinary.
He has done well but has several head scratching losses last few year as well, including never being able to beat Wisconsin and losing 24-3 to Iowa this year at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: joewildcat8
Well Brohms buyout is only 1 mil and Cincy has to pay Louisville some money, not sure how much. If I was a better, Id bet Brohm will be the next coach at Louisville .
with the Big10 TV money vs UL?..... I might take the other side of that bet. If it comes down to a personal decision on Brohm's part then all bets are off.

Like I posted weeks ago, imo Adidas wasn't going to let him coach that class. They wanted him gone.

Expect a fairly splash hire because they are willing paying a fortune.

Not a good development for us.

jmo
I highly doubt Adidas "wasn't going to let him coach the class." Keeping or firing a coach for one recruiting class is insane and even UL wouldn't do that. Those prospects are good, but none of them are of the caliber to allow a shoe company to dictate the HC of a power 5 school.

Also, what splashy hire is out there? All of the prime targets have been taken. Outside of Brohm I would say their chances of poaching a winning P5 HC are extremely low

Listen, Purdue is a hard place to win if you look at history dating back the past 25+ years. Brohm likely feels he's peaked at Purdue. Is the alma mater pull going to be enough for him to get him back?
I know it's "home" and all that drama but Purdue to U6 is a step down. Few years ago U6 fired Brohm when he was an asst, why would he go back to a school that fired him?

I know it's "home" and all that drama but Purdue to U6 is a step down. Few years ago U6 fired Brohm when he was an asst, why would he go back to a school that fired him?
Agree-- Purdue is a better job. But you must remember Louisville is "home" for Brohm, he's glorified there.

Wow, hilarious by all involved. UL was looking for a reason all season to fire him.. now he dumps them 2 weeks to signing day, for a nearby rival.

All y'all "guess they get Brohm" people clearly have not studied how much TV money Big 10 schools now get. And how the ACC is 5th best in conf money. Hello, UL just lost its head coach to an AAC on its way to Big 12 school!?!? But UL will easily outbid a Big 10 school? Really? because make no mistake Purdue ain't giving up the coach who wins & posts exciting offenses.

Wow, hilarious by all involved. UL was looking for a reason all season to fire him.. now he dumps them 2 weeks to signing day, for a nearby rival.

All y'all "guess they get Brohm" people clearly have not studied how much TV money Big 10 schools now get. And how the ACC is 5th best in conf money. Hello, UL just lost its head coach to an AAC on its way to Big 12 school!?!? But UL will easily outbid a Big 10 school? Really? because make no mistake Purdue ain't giving up the coach who wins & posts exciting offenses.
Jeff Brohm has basically had a .500 record overall in 6 years at Purdue and a losing B1G conference record. Let's not assume Purdue is going to throw many extra millions annually at him to stay-- he's not Nick Saban.

Not sure that the AD and Brohm on good terms.
I’m gonna say they get Lance Leopold from Kansas and he does quite well there. That man just wins everywhere he goes

Reactions: Girthang
UK and Stoops need to worry about the SEC.

They do but they can focus on more than one thing. With satterfield the city and start was ours. Now it will be a fight again. That eats into resources as well as losing some key guys down the road.

I highly doubt Adidas "wasn't going to let him coach the class." Keeping or firing a coach for one recruiting class is insane and even UL wouldn't do that. Those prospects are good, but none of them are of the caliber to allow a shoe company to dictate the HC of a power 5 school.

Also, what splashy hire is out there? All of the prime targets have been taken. Outside of Brohm I would say their chances of poaching a winning P5 HC are extremely low

Doubt what you want. They wanted to fire him even with the resurgence. He was smart to leave before they did it

Not sure on the hire. Guess we will see. They have as much money as they want for coaches and nil. So it will definitely be an attractive job

ADVERTISEMENT