ADVERTISEMENT

So that ole AP poll….

Florida's jump to 12 was partially built by a close win over Utah but mostly by Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier. It's like when the AP poles have our basketball team top 5 early on year after year even when no one has seen any of our players play a game of college basketball.

It will be 10 or over but it should 100% be 7 or 8. And for Richardson, I do believe he is a great player and will have a big year, our Defense was the reason he played like he did today though and he’s only going to be facing a defense like us maybe 1 or possibly 2 times more this year. We’re one of the best in college football right now and the rest of the country is going to find out pretty damn quick. Go Cats

Reactions: BleedBlue08
UF win was impressive over the 7th ranked team. UK’s win was over an obviously over ranked UF team so they should only move up a few spots. (thought process of those doing rankings.)

My thoughts - GFY. We may not be top 10 but CMS and staff have created a culture of winning. And the team is buying into it, not getting rattled. Recruiting is getting better, fitness and coaching as well. Fun times.

Hot teams in the sec....Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky

And I think we have a higher trend than alabama barely winning and Georgia playing okay against mid-level team.

Hope we rank better than 12 in the nation. Its about time.

We ended up getting more respect than we anticipated.

The last 6 years are starting to change perspectives, maybe.
Some of it is changing perspective but but some of it is CYA mode. After elevating Florida from unranked to a NY6 bowl position on the basis of a close win over a top ten team and as much as proclaiming Richardson the Heisman front runner the writers were in a bind. The nation in prime time saw Richardson held to 4 yards running and around 40% passing and the entire Florida team held to 90 yards in the second half with no threat of scoring. They either had to drop Florida back to the land of the unranked or admit that they were beaten by a much better team and give Kentucky the respect it deserved.

Some of it is changing perspective but but some of it is CYA mode. After elevating Florida from unranked to a NY6 bowl position on the basis of a close win over a top ten team and as much as proclaiming Richardson the Heisman front runner the writers were in a bind. The nation in prime time saw Richardson held to 4 yards running and around 40% passing and the entire Florida team held to 90 yards in the second half with no threat of scoring. They either had to drop Florida back to the land of the unranked or admit that they were beaten by a much better team and give Kentucky the respect it deserved.
Great Post JF. I predicted this. Not tooting my own horn but it definitely adds up.
Though that said, I think with Rodriguez this UK team is top 5 and can beat anyone in the country!
LFG!

Reactions: Johnfarrel
Great Post JF. I predicted this. Not tooting my own horn but it definitely adds up.
Though that said, I think with Rodriguez this UK team is top 5 and can beat anyone in the country!
LFG!
The defense was so dominate that they could have played all night and Florida would not have scored again. Richardson knew that, Billy knew that, and the writers knew that. Worse for the writers, those watching knew that.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
E
The defense was so dominate that they could have played all night and Florida would not have scored again. Richardson knew that, Billy knew that, and the writers knew that. Worse for the writers, those watching knew that.
Well stated.

Billy took a very unusual tactic, going for it on his side of the 50 with over 8 minutes.

Some said it was a lack of respect. It was sheer desperation, and failed twice.

I would have kicked the first one, hoping for a turnover deep in Cat territory.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT