ADVERTISEMENT

Small coaching update from MJ

I think the posting period is such a stupid rule in regards to coaching positions. I get it for other “state jobs” but it would literally just take an added clause to waive it for public universities. It isn’t adhered to anyways…the jobs aren’t even posted typically until they already secured who is filling it

“Official” is the key word there. We will know before official

Says deadline to apply is April 21

Reactions: WeWant9

I applied. Wish me luck fellas.

Good to hear.
I have to guess Cody F is here. Mark really needs assistant help asap. Too much for 1 or 2 men to handle. Contacts, film eval, nil, phones, zooms, who fits, references, media, and on and on.

Mark’s probably living in his nice office! It’s a lot even with the great support staff I’m sure UK bball has in place.

I wonder what the other two positions will be. I assume 1 is for that GM/NIL manager position they were discussing, but what of this other one? Or is the GM/NIL guy going to be one of the 3 assistants so he can go on recruiting trips with/for the HC? Either way we should all by mid-end of next week if not sooner.

That's "Coaching Associate" posting, essentially an admin job, not hands-on coaching. The "Assistant Coach" posting ends today, Wed, 4/17.

While the names can't be officially announced until the 7-day period nothing is stopping Matt Jones from posting who has been "locked in." Which pretty much confirms he doesn't know and is just guessing to make it sound like he's got a source.

I mean, when the names are announced early next week -- which will certainly happen unless Pope is in a coma -- who is going to challenge whether three of them were "locked in" on Wednesday?
Particularly when his job is to literally report the information he has. You're not a very good reporter/journalist or whatever label he puts on himself if you have to wait on the university to make the announcement first.

There are 3 assistant coach positions that expire today.

There are 2 associate coach positions that expire on 4/21, which is Sunday.

I have no clue where Jones is getting Saturday.

Depends on the particular role. What's the difference between Associate Coach and Assistant Coach? Would think Associate would be the two spots closest to the Head Coach.

Depends on the particular role. What's the difference between Associate Coach and Assistant Coach? Would think Associate would be the two spots closest to the Head Coach.
Go to the UK job site and read the job description. "Associate Coach" is largely an admin job, doesn't do hands-on coaching/recruiting as does "Assistant Coach."

Whose Hansen ?
90S Hanson GIF

Not the same spelling, I know.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT