ADVERTISEMENT

Should UK have fired Tubby after Team Turmoil and brought back Rick Pitino?

Hilarious! I can't take you serious when you're on your 70th + account.

Talk about being a complete message board loser. You're like the Sauron of loserhood here. You keep getting kicked out, only to return with a hope of making it click the next go-round, only to get banished by the mods again. It's hilarious, and shows how slimy you are as a poster.

Keep it up. I look forward to your next screen name. You make this place more entertaining.
Notice you didn't address your moronic post comparing Tubby Smith post title to Kevin Ollie post title. Typical message board loser who starts drama then cries like a B when called on it, you will prolly be telling us how you fell off the wagon again soon. This clown wanted drama, started a Tubby Smith thread rehashing events from nearly 20 years ago the get drama, makes a moronic comparison, then starts crying when he gets what he wanted. What a pathetic goof.

Notice you didn't address your moronic post comparing Tubby Smith post title to Kevin Ollie post title. Typical message board loser who starts drama then cries like a B when called on it, you will prolly be telling us how you fell off the wagon again soon. This clown wanted drama, started a Tubby Smith thread rehashing events from nearly 20 years ago the get drama, makes a moronic comparison, then starts crying when he gets what he wanted. What a pathetic goof.
Hilarious!

Your posts make me laugh.

Anyone who has been kicked off this message board 20+ times and yet calls others out on being "goofs" is comedy at its finest.

Keep 'em coming, clown!

clown-juggle.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kywildcat41086
Hilarious!

Your posts make me laugh.

Anyone who has been kicked off this message board 20+ times and yet calls others out on being "goofs" is comedy at its finest.

Keep 'em coming, clown!

clown-juggle.gif
Anyone who claims Tubby Smith was the same as Kevin Ollie is a goof. Imagine purposely making yourself look stupid just for drama. Ollie missed like 3 of 4 tournaments and had a couple of losing seasons and NCAA violations. Tubby never missed the tournament, never came close to a losing season, and had a couple of 30+ win seasons including a #1 overall seed.

I see why you want to change the subject and run from your moronic comment.

Anyone who claims Tubby Smith was the same as Kevin Ollie is a goof. Imagine purposely making yourself look stupid just for drama. Ollie missed like 3 of 4 tournaments and had a couple of losing seasons and NCAA violations. Tubby never missed the tournament, never came close to a losing season, and had a couple of 30+ win seasons including a #1 overall seed.

I see why you want to change the subject and run from your moronic comment.
I owe you nothing, clown. If you're going to come in and insult my comments without opening the door to actual conversation, I owe you nothing but scorn and ridicule. You chose the path of insults, and I'll treat you in kind.

You are, after all, the clown who's had over 50+ accounts here. Anyone who's followed you for more than one screen name knows what your deal is. The mods have taken you out to the trash bin more than 50 times. Think about that and let it set in.

Now be a good little message board clown, and make us some balloon animals.

giphy_s.gif

I owe you nothing, clown. If you're going to come in and insult my comments without opening the door to actual conversation, I owe you nothing but scorn and ridicule. You chose the path of insults, and I'll treat you in kind.

You are, after all, the clown who's had over 50+ accounts here. Anyone who's followed you for more than one screen name knows what your deal is. The mods have taken you out to the trash bin more than 50 times. Think about that and let it set in.

Now be a good little message board clown, and make us some balloon animals.

giphy_s.gif
Let's be honest, you're not interested in a real conversation. You started a Tubby thread for a reason. You made the moronic claim that UConn has higher standards for a reason. Good luck with the drama you were looking for.

Still laughing at comparing Kevin Ollie to Tubby.

Let's be honest, you're not interested in a real conversation. You started a Tubby thread for a reason. You made the moronic claim that UConn has higher standards for a reason. Good luck with the drama you were looking for.

Still laughing at comparing Kevin Ollie to Tubby.
If you want an actual conversation about this topic, do better.

You come into these conversations acting like a clown. When you do that, you'll be treated the same way. If you insult posters, you deserve nothing.

But you already know that. You've been banned more than any poster in the history of this message board.

But listen you should relax. They were 25-9, not all world. How come Cal gets it on here or by fans when he losses as a favorite, but we make excuses for the 1997 team or the coach? We were 8 points favorits. Our fans suck.
No. Cal sucks

If you want an actual conversation about this topic, do better.

You come into these conversations acting like a clown. When you do that, you'll be treated the same way. If you insult posters, you deserve nothing.

But you already know that. You've been banned more than any poster in the history of this message board.
LOL, OK. Go drink some more.

Pitino is likewise a far superior coach to the fat jagoff UK basketball is currently saddled with, but Pitino ain't coming back to revive the program again. 🏀
Whether he's coming back wasn't the question, the read the title again.

As for our current coach vs Cal. I guess you forgot how many times he beat Pitino and even eliminated him from the tourney? The rivalry has never been so one-sided due to your fat jagoff you complain about.

Sticking with Tubby a little longer four years out from a title was a perfectly reasonable gamble. Tubby proved riding with him had been wise when he got a 1 seed the very next year and then the overall #1 seed the year after that. All Tubby’s eventual problems were off court imo, things like phoning in recruiting and letting staff (and Nolan Richardson) drag him down.

Sticking with Cal 11 years out from a title after so many different kinds of head scratchers, OTOH… let’s just hope that works out. I am not calling for his head and I would LOVE to look back and say sticking with him was a great gamble. Way past holding my breath though.

9-16 followed up with a drubbing by Sisters of St. Polycarp for the Blind in the 1st Round. Followed up by the fat jagoff pouting while trying to undermine all that Coach Stoops has accomplished with the UK football program. But whatever.
I thought we were comparing coaches. Hows Cal's record vs UL/Pitino?

You sound so angry, yet is there another coach who's had a better 11 years? But you're stuck on "what have you done for me lately".....Cats will be great this season. Relax, Karen.

Reactions: Zissou87
Then he started cheating to try and win, especially after Cal came in.

Imo that broke Pitino.

As you mentioned he thought UK fans would just follow him to UL. Uh, no. Then he saw how cal came in and captured bbm and all the press. Jmo but that made him willing to do anything to try to get back that adulation.

Also jmo but I don't think he ever knowingly cheated. However...I think he absolutely told people to do what it takes and make sure to leave him out of the loop. A minor distinction but just as bad; except it was his way of rationalizing what he was willing to do

Reactions: AGEE11
Yeah. But I despise Rat Face, they say Calhoun was a cheater, Jay Wright's 10-year tear probably dwarfs Calipari's eleven, Izzo from '97 to 2019, Roy Williams from the fall of 1990 to the spring of 2019, never liked Dean Smith but you can't use Calipari in the same sentence with Dean Smith. And let's not get started with Wooden and Rupp. But whatever. The Cats are gonna get after Ol' Miss this weekend and Calipari can't screw that up. 🏈
Wow...even bringing up Izzo? The fan base wouldve fired him a century ago in Lexington.

All the others, besides Wright, are long gone. Who's coaching right now that you'd rather have? Kind of funny how the angry people only compare him to Wooden, Coach K, Dean Smith, etc.

Reactions: Zissou87
Pitino is likewise a far superior coach to the fat jagoff UK basketball is currently saddled with, but Pitino ain't coming back to revive the program again. 🏀
Pitino lack of morals make him toxic UK would not touch him with cast iron gloves
NCAA will most likely hit Scumtino with a show cause when Lil Brother gets their ruling

Reactions: KFuqua
Wow...even bringing up Izzo? The fan base wouldve fired him a century ago in Lexington.

All the others, besides Wright, are long gone. Who's coaching right now that you'd rather have? Kind of funny how the angry people only compare him to Wooden, Coach K, Dean Smith, etc.
And why shouldn't they make the comparison? Cal is at Kentucky, and after this year, he'll have been coaching here as long as Hall.

He's assembled talent on historic levels, and he has one title to show for it.

People like you have been asking the "Who else would you want to hire" question for 12 years, with the implication that Cal was second during this era, only behind Coach K, maybe even first if we look just at the 12 year stretch.

Well, if that's true, he deserves to be compared with other all-time greats. If it's not true, that he's been the first or second best coach in the last 12 years, then the argument that you're mocking is actually valid, and there are other coaches other there who could take Cal's place. So which is it? Is he the great coach and thereby worthy of historic comparison/critique; or is he overrated?

He needs to get the job done in the next two years or risk being known as the coach who squandered more talent than anyone in college basketball history.

Last edited:
Losing in the championship game is different than losing to the peacocks in the first round, or Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT, or missing both the NCAA and NIT. I also think UK got hosed against Arizona in 1997. Arizona didn’t make one field goal in OT and the refs let them live at the foul line. For the game they shot 41 free throws to UKs 17. They made twice as many free throws as UK attempted. They made more free throws in OT than UK did the whole game.
I have blamed the refs for every loss since James Naismith nailed a peach basket to a barn. I am tame to most on here, have we ever lost when the refs weren't at fault lol

And why shouldn't they make the comparison? Cal is at Kentucky, and after this year, he'll have been coaching here as long as Hall.

He's assembled talent on historic levels, and he has one title to show for it.

People like you have been asking the "Who else would you want to hire" question for 12 years, with the implication that Cal was second during this era, only behind Coach K, maybe even first if we look just at the 12 year stretch.

Well, if that's true, he deserves to be compared with other all-time greats. If it's not true, that's he's been the first or second best coach in the last 12 years, then the argument that you're mocking is actually valid, and there are other coaches other there who could take Cal's place. So which is it? Is he the great coach and thereby worthy of historic comparison/critique; or is he overrated?

He needs to get the job done in the next two years or risk being known as the coach who squandered more talent than anyone in college basketball history.
I love this debate.
Why does everyone think having the best talent = titles? Where is that evidence? Coach K had possibly the most talent in ncaa history in Zions class, and they didnt even make the final four. So why do Cal haters always say "squandered talent"? Compared to what/who? Coach K has had better classes many years and they've lost early, and dont we consider K the best ever? I cant imagine the hatred if UK had Zions class and then lose to a crap school. Cal would be on a bus back to Pa.
Talent doesn't mean titles, it shouldn't build expectations. Thats on UK fans for believing that garb.

As for comparing him to other coaches, thats fine, great. But its funny how the ones that dislike him all compare him to K, Roy, Rupp, etc.....the very best. Ironic. If he's that bad, why are we comparing him to the very best to ever coach? The truth is, theres not a school in the country that wouldn't throw the bank at him to get him. The first few years spoiled the chit out of us, including you.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
I think the reason people judge Cal on the talent is the fact that you have to have talent to win. I know at one time there was a statistic that showed that no team had won a championship that didnt have at least 2 future NBA players on the roster. Don't follow nearly as close as I did when I was younger, but I would suspect that is still valid. My biggest issue with Cal is he plays not to lose, not to win, way too often for my liking. The bigger the game, the quicker he is to pull back and play the clock game as soon as he gets a lead. I was as pissed as anyone the way these last couple of years have gone, but if hungry Cal is back, I want him right where he is.

Show us a single university [much less a single NBA team] that has thrown any money at Calipari in an attempt to lure him since he landed in Kentucky. Just one. I'll turn on the Jeopardy tune in the background while waiting for your list.
Just one? We can start with the Cavs if you'd like..

You're gonna reach all the way back to that 2014 rumor that Calipari's camp spoon fed to Wojnarowski in order to squeeze UK for an extension? Calipari was sent packing from the NBA coaching ranks for good in '99 with a dismal 72-112 coaching record. You going to cite Chapman's "scoop" next?
Cal said it multiple times, how close he came to leaving UK for the Cavs job. Now youre defense is to say he's lying, right? You said name just one..

By the time Maryland ended Kentucky's season in 2002, it was clear Tubby Smith wasn't going to be winning another title at Kentucky.

The Kentucky coach had just finished the year with his third straight 10 loss season, and was now being bounced early in a season when Kentucky had started the season as one of the favorites to win the national title. Tubby's grand campaign, led by veterans Tayshaun Prince and Keith Bogans, was over. Bogans would return the following season, but he had regressed as a junior and corroded his draft stock. The UK team had been branded "Team Turmoil" and saw various issues with a multitude of players, include Rashaad Carruth, Cory Sears, Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, Jules Camara, and Marvin Stone. Tubby's recruiting was progressively getting worse. He had failed once more to land a premier point guard, and it was clear that his best team at Kentucky - his 1998 squad - was mostly great because of consisting of 7 or 8 players who had multi-Final Four experience.

Looking back on it now, should UK have fired Tubby Smith in either 2001 or 2002 and re-hired Pitino? I think if I had been AD, I would have been willing to catch the momentary fire for such a move. Pitino was still only 48 or 49 years old, and would have had another 20 years in the tank. He gets you back faster than Tubby, Billy G, and probably would have at least matched Calipari inflated run at Kentucky. Surely Pitino could have won one more title at Kentucky to match Calipari.

Would you have had the guts to fire Tubby Smith and bring back Pitino? I think I would have. Fortune belongs to the bold.

Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
By the time Maryland ended Kentucky's season in 2002, it was clear Tubby Smith wasn't going to be winning another title at Kentucky.

The Kentucky coach had just finished the year with his third straight 10 loss season, and was now being bounced early in a season when Kentucky had started the season as one of the favorites to win the national title. Tubby's grand campaign, led by veterans Tayshaun Prince and Keith Bogans, was over. Bogans would return the following season, but he had regressed as a junior and corroded his draft stock. The UK team had been branded "Team Turmoil" and saw various issues with a multitude of players, include Rashaad Carruth, Cory Sears, Gerald Fitch, Erik Daniels, Jules Camara, and Marvin Stone. Tubby's recruiting was progressively getting worse. He had failed once more to land a premier point guard, and it was clear that his best team at Kentucky - his 1998 squad - was mostly great because of consisting of 7 or 8 players who had multi-Final Four experience.

Looking back on it now, should UK have fired Tubby Smith in either 2001 or 2002 and re-hired Pitino? I think if I had been AD, I would have been willing to catch the momentary fire for such a move. Pitino was still only 48 or 49 years old, and would have had another 20 years in the tank. He gets you back faster than Tubby, Billy G, and probably would have at least matched Calipari inflated run at Kentucky. Surely Pitino could have won one more title at Kentucky to match Calipari.

Would you have had the guts to fire Tubby Smith and bring back Pitino? I think I would have. Fortune belongs to the bold.

d2769d597d822afcf7183a50e9a2fb2d--pat-summitt-kentucky-wildcats.jpg

There's just no way this would have ever happened. Rick was already at Louisville and Tubby wasn't on the hot seat in 2002.

This shit will go on til 2040 about bringing Rick back. He could be getting embalmed for his funeral and after a loss somebody, some fan somewhere will request Rick and another fan will know a Pastor who can lay hands on him and bring him back to life to coach just to get it rebuilt back up.. then we'll let him retire to his grave and let him Rest in Piss! He done wrote a book called Born To Coach.. why not write a sequel called Dying to Coach? Oh.. And don't touch his pee-bob it may still be sensitive and don't want to make a mess.

Losing in the championship game is different than losing to the peacocks in the first round, or Robert Morris in the first round of the NIT, or missing both the NCAA and NIT. I also think UK got hosed against Arizona in 1997. Arizona didn’t make one field goal in OT and the refs let them live at the foul line. For the game they shot 41 free throws to UKs 17. They made twice as many free throws as UK attempted. They made more free throws in OT than UK did the whole game.
They didn't have a FG the last 5 minutes of regulation either. So 10 minutes of game time with no FG's and still won at the line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT