ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard needs to channel his inner Maravich

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
He should be shooting the ball every chance he gets, for the rest of the season. Got to make that high shooting percentage count.

Don't pass it to DJ or you'll never see the ball again.

If he steals the ball, he should run up the court and shoot a three. That way he won't risk throwing it away on a risky full court pass.

Well, one reason his shooting percentage is so high is that he picks his shots carefully. He doesn't force anything. If he were seeking his shot, he wouldn't be nearly as statistically efficient as he is right now.

Still, I agree. Get him more shots.

Well, one reason his shooting percentage is so high is that he picks his shots carefully. He doesn't force anything. If he were seeking his shot, he wouldn't be nearly as statistically efficient as he is right now.

Baloney. Get that crap out of here. He's not a good shooter because he doesn't shoot. He's a good shooter because he's a good shooter. Stop damning Sheppard with faint praise.

One of my buddies are friends with an unnamed coach on our staff and I was told Cal has challenged DJ and Edwards to step it up or he was going to have to play other players. I asked if Bradshaw was included and he wasn’t sure. TIFWIW

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
One of my buddies are friends with an unnamed coach on our staff and I was told Cal has challenged DJ and Edwards to step it up or he was going to have to play other players. I asked if Bradshaw was included and he wasn’t sure. TIFWIW

This is what has been happening since the SC game

He should be shooting the ball every chance he gets, for the rest of the season. Got to make that high shooting percentage count.

If he steals the ball, he should run up the court and shoot a three. That way he won't risk throwing it away on a risky full court pass.
That's the truth....if he gets the ball to DJ; the rest of the team just needs to get in rebounding position because he's going to throw it up somewhere in the general area of the rim.

Well for one, if he shoots more his % likely will go down. His % is so good in part because he is not forcing shots.
But yeah, he does need to look for his shot more than he has the past couple of weeks.

Wagner has been SEC Freshman of the week three times. He gets to the rim. Wagner is doing fine.

Well for one, if he shoots more his % likely will go down. His % is so good in part because he is not forcing shots.
But yeah, he does need to look for his shot more than he has the past couple of weeks.
So be it. But I bet it doesn't go down as much as some of the morons on this site think. Even if he shoots just 45% from three, that justifies him never passing if he's open.

Reactions: TFCats11
Wagner has been SEC Freshman of the week three times. He gets to the rim. Wagner is doing fine.
Getting to the rim doesn't equal points. Especially in DJ's case. He misses more layups than anyone in the country.

Wagner has been SEC Freshman of the week ONLY three times? For the #2 recruit? That's sad.

• Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
They don’t get the his shooting percentage is so high because he’s so selective in the shots he does take.

That's the truth....if he gets the ball to DJ; the rest of the team just needs to get in rebounding position because he's going to throw it up somewhere in the general area of the rim.
When you’re a hater and don’t know basketball, this is the type of ignorant post you make.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-McD
Getting to the rim doesn't equal points. Especially in DJ's case. He misses more layups than anyone in the country.

Wagner has been SEC Freshman of the week ONLY three times? For the #2 recruit? That's sad.
You honestly have a weird vendetta against DJ for some reason and need to turn everything into DJ vs. Reed. You've been on DJ all year about lack of assists, and when he has an 18 point 10 assist game on 75% shooting all you did was complain about his one missed fast break layup.

But for some reason you've been completely silent about this.

The offense gets him plenty of shots.

He passes up many shots.

I wish he would take more but how he plays is what makes him special.

So I want him to be him.

Reed is not a guy who hunts shots, it’s never been his game. He does need to shoot more but he’s never gonna be a guy who shoots as much as some want him to

You honestly have a weird vendetta against DJ for some reason and need to turn everything into DJ vs. Reed. You've been on DJ all year about lack of assists, and when he has an 18 point 10 assist game on 75% shooting all you did was complain about his one missed fast break layup.

But for some reason you've been completely silent about this.
DJ’s body of work, based on statistics, is far below Rob and Shep He gets more minutes than Rob and Shep. That’s a problem- but Cal plays favorites and the minute distributions prove it.

Reactions: TFCats11
For anyone who didn't catch it the first time, OP thinks Reed needs to channel his inner Maravich but claimed this was not an open enough shot for him to take. So I'm not exactly sure what he wants to see here.

Last edited:
DJ’s body of work, based on statistics, is far below Rob and Shep He gets more minutes than Reed and Shep. That’s a problem- but Cal plays favorites and the minute distributions prove it.
That wasn't my point. My point is instead of admitting that DJ had a great game, which he did, he continued to bitch about the one bad shot he missed. He expects everyone to throw tremendous praise on Sheppard but can't bring himself to say DJ played well against Georgia. He continues to overlook Sheppard's mistakes while only concentrating on the mistakes of other players when he insists on playing the comparison game.

That wasn't my point. My point is instead of admitting that DJ had a great game, which he did, he continued to bitch about the one bad shot he missed. He expects everyone to throw tremendous praise on Sheppard but can't bring himself to say DJ played well against Georgia. He continues to overlook Sheppard's mistakes while only concentrating on the mistakes of other players when he insists on playing the comparison game.
My mistake.

False. I said he had a good game. You just can't read. Go back and look. Liar.

False. I said he had a good game. You just can't read. Go back and look. Liar.
Not until you got called out about your incessant complaining about DJ.

IMG-9627.jpg

Not until you got called out about your incessant complaining about DJ.

IMG-9627.jpg
Ah so you admit you lied. GTFO, liar. "...all you did was complain..."

And he followed up that performance with a putrid 2-10/3 assist game in which we got blown out and he hogged the ball worse than Iverson.

And since you are now showing your ass as a stalker as well as a liar, welcome to ignore.

Ah so you admit you lied. GTFO, liar. "...all you did was complain..."

And he followed up that performance with a putrid 2-10/3 assist game in which we got blown out and he hogged the ball worse than Iverson.

And since you are now showing your ass as a stalker as well as a liar, welcome to ignore.
Lol, you told me to go back and look and when I did I'm a stalker? Come on we were starting to have some fun, it'll be a shame if you ignore me.

gotta call bs on this
there is NO WAY that ccc is going to sit his prize 5 stars, even if they need it

Too much pressure and emphasis is being put on reed.

Reactions: ukcatz12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT