ADVERTISEMENT

Cal, why can't you just enjoy the win?

As soon as he sits down he has his Billy Gillispie moment of "This isn't the University of Reed Sheppard," blasting the LITERAL HERO OF THE GAME for throwing a long pass. I swear if I was Jeff I would tell my son to declare at the end of the season and get the hell out from under this sh**show of a coach. The guy clearly can't STAND the fact that Sheppard outplays ALL of his favorites on the team. (And him NOT starting Sheppard will come back to bite us in the tournament. We'll get down early to the wrong team and that'll be curtains.)

The very NEXT comment he goes off on the fans for him not calling timeout. And then he blasts the fans for saying he should foul with 16 seconds to go. "STOP! JUST LET ME COACH THE TEAM!" He was PISSED.

The man is very thin skinned, to start off with. He's very aware of fan criticism and he doesn't like it.

But here's the thing. You calbois are always whining about people finding things to be concerned about after the game.

"Why can't you just enjoy the win, for like an hour, Cal?" Maybe you bois should direct that question to him for a change.
For any CCC worshiper who doesn't understand why the level of hate for this clown is where it is and growing, allow this vomit spewing from his mouth be exhibit 1, 2, 3.. etc. This guy can't possibly get the hell out of here fast enough.

Reactions: ManitouDan
I’m glad you are NOT the coach. If these games were coached like some on this board wanted we would get absolutely hammered.
Obviously, you and CCC are the smartest two people in basketball.

You're literally a alabama football fan and a UK basketball fan. Never speak again.
Ha. Many people grew up Bear Bryant fans that were also UK football fans. I just admit it. I have always been a die hard UK basketball fan starting with Rupp. I think you might be a Vandy fan.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
It was fine for Cal, but I continue to be fascinated by his role as propaganda minister for DJ. Hard selling him to the league every time a mic is in his face.

I wonder if that’s all it is or if it’s also a confidence issue with DJ and Cal feels like he has to constantly pump him up.
Missing two weeks of basketball shouldn't have thrown his game off that much. It shouldn't have taken more than a game or two for him to get his shot back if his poor shooting was actually a result of missing 2 weeks.

Ha. Many people grew up Bear Bryant fans that were also UK football fans. I just admit it. I have always been a die hard UK basketball fan starting with Rupp. I think you might be a Vandy fan.
He's 100% not a UK fan. He posts misery threads when we lose to get the natives angrier and acts like a UK fan when we win. In his spare time, he runs around trying to accuse people of stuff to get them banned. I have him on ignore but see that he's playihg his immature little game with you as well.

You did make up that he said this isn't the U of Reed Sheppard, you even used quotations. When I read your post I was pretty annoyed that he would say that, I'm glad I checked it out for myself. It didn't happen.
Our nameless coach really seemed annoyed that an actual Kentucky boy put on a show last night. Instead of giving Reed the honor that he earned, he preferred spending the post-game presser defending DJ's subpar performances. It is amazing that he thinks it is ok for him to trash his players but is quick to get defensive when some of his bonehead coaching decisions are called out.

He's 100% not a UK fan. He posts misery threads when we lose to get the natives angrier and acts like a UK fan when we win. In his spare time, he runs around trying to accuse people of stuff to get them banned. I have him on ignore but see that he's playihg his immature little game with you as well.
100% agree. He is a turd.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Our nameless coach really seemed annoyed that an actual Kentucky boy put on a show last night. Instead of giving Reed the honor that he earned, he preferred spending the post-game presser defending DJ's subpar performances. It is amazing that he thinks it is ok for him to trash his players but is quick to get defensive when some of his bonehead coaching decisions are called out.
The original post was a blatant lie with that fake Cal quote, that's my main point. But, since you quoted me and we're talking about it, when did Cal trash his players?

As soon as he sits down he has his Billy Gillispie moment of "This isn't the University of Reed Sheppard," blasting the LITERAL HERO OF THE GAME for throwing a long pass. I swear if I was Jeff I would tell my son to declare at the end of the season and get the hell out from under this sh**show of a coach. The guy clearly can't STAND the fact that Sheppard outplays ALL of his favorites on the team. (And him NOT starting Sheppard will come back to bite us in the tournament. We'll get down early to the wrong team and that'll be curtains.)

The very NEXT comment he goes off on the fans for him not calling timeout. And then he blasts the fans for saying he should foul with 16 seconds to go. "STOP! JUST LET ME COACH THE TEAM!" He was PISSED.

The man is very thin skinned, to start off with. He's very aware of fan criticism and he doesn't like it.

But here's the thing. You calbois are always whining about people finding things to be concerned about after the game.

"Why can't you just enjoy the win, for like an hour, Cal?" Maybe you bois should direct that question to him for a change.
Time for Cal to retire if he can't take the heat and handle the job. He has done nothing but lambast the fans over the last 3 or 4 years, from what I have heard he has alienated several major boosters who took their money over to football. Seems to rub the administrations the wrong way as well. He may have worn out his welcome several years ago. And face it he himself said this is a 10 year job for most coaches.

When he is defending DJ to the media, it is really the NBA he is talking to. He talked about him shooting 40 % from three way too many times. For Cal it is NBA or bust for DJ. And for us that could be bust.
And Wagner has been nowhere near 40% all season. He was 18/58 (31%) before sitting out a few games. Now 20/72 (27%).

Reactions: treyforuk
The original post was a blatant lie with that fake Cal quote, that's my main point. But, since you quoted me and we're talking about it, when did Cal trash his players?
To be fair, I don't agree with OPs take, but it wasn't an actual Cal quote. He was just stating that Cal did a BCG move, which he didn't.

Reactions: CGblue
Nothing out of line from Calipari in the first minute of that press conference. Not even comparable to what Gillispie said about Meeks.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Run What GIF by G2 Esports
John Calipari Reaction GIF by SB Nation

Reactions: thedahc
When he is defending DJ to the media, it is really the NBA he is talking to. He talked about him shooting 40 % from three way too many times. For Cal it is NBA or bust for DJ. And for us that could be bust.
He's not talking to the NBA. NBA scouts couldn't give less of a shit about what a coach says in a postgame press conference. He's just trying to defend a kid he's probably know for a long time and cares about. DJ has been being criticized all year long. Some of it valid, but some of it has been over the top and unnecessary and this is just Cal defending on of his kids. It's really nothing to get too worked up about.

At the end of the day you will be very hard pressed to find any former Cal player say a bad word about him. Every guy he's got in the NBA loves him. Cal's greatest strength is probably managing egos and caring about his players. That's all this is.

It was pretty clear he was joking at the end when Reed entered the room. He was also laughing a bit at the beginning with his criticism. I'm beginning to think people who always get up in arms about Cal just haven't spent much time around people who use sarcasm like he does.

I'm from a big Italian family in the northeast and half the stuff Cal says is exactly how my family and I talk to each other when we're being friendly. Giving someone a hard time sarcastically is how we show endearment.
A lot of these folks have just had it with Cal. They have mustered a hatred that they now can’t walk back no matter what. It doesn’t matter what happens or how much success Kentucky may have, they will look for something negative to cling to. Makes them feel validated.

It’s not ball to them anymore. It’s a lot like democrats and republicans. Good luck turning out one of those.

He's not talking to the NBA. NBA scouts couldn't give less of a shit about what a coach says in a postgame press conference. He's just trying to defend a kid he's probably know for a long time and cares about. DJ has been being criticized all year long. Some of it valid, but some of it has been over the top and unnecessary and this is just Cal defending on of his kids. It's really nothing to get too worked up about.

At the end of the day you will be very hard pressed to find any former Cal player say a bad word about him. Every guy he's got in the NBA loves him. Cal's greatest strength is probably managing egos and caring about his players. That's all this is.
Why does it appear he throws Reed under the bus? Somebody will ask him what he thought of Reed's play and he leads with a criticism and then says but he will be ok. Yet he makes excuses for his chosen ones.

Fortunately Jeff isn't as big of moron as you.

No no, I get it. You are a linear, literal thinker with no capability to understand the comparison between Billy G taking away credit from Jodie Meeks' 54 point hero performance to a member of the media and Cal taking away credit from Sheppard's 32 point hero performance to a member of the media. It's just tooooooo nuanced for your little mind to comprehend. Now pipe down and let the adults talk. Back to mommy's basement.
Billy G didn't take away from 54 point performance. He said it at halftime

I'm not making up anything. He blasted Reed immediately when he sat down. Downplayed his performance and put him down. The quote you just mentioned was a putdown, not a compliment. Which is ironic, since he ALSO defended his OWN decision not to foul under 16 seconds. And he questioned his decisionmaking.

I understand from your response that you don't remember the Billy G moment or when/why it was said. Otherwise you wouldn't make such a stupid statement.
Blasted? And you are saying he has thin skin? Good grief guy

Without Reed Ky loses and he only human he makes a mistake not many, Cal did not brag on him one bit he to much talking about himself.

Reactions: LmdCat

Why can’t you just enjoy the win instead of worrying about attacking cal and other fans?

Do you even know the definition of quote? Replying to someone's post isn't quoting them. If I quoted you, I would have extracted your exact words from your post and placed them between quotation marks in my response. Also, my comments were in response to what I heard our nameless coach say in his post-game press conference. You obviously keep your nose buried so deep up his backside that the lack of oxygen has you seeing things.

Why can’t you just enjoy the win instead of worrying about attacking cal and other fans?
Why can't our coach just enjoy the win and give credit to those who earned it instead of giving a grocery list of excuses for why DJ greatly underperforms?

Why can't our coach just enjoy the win and give credit to those who earned it instead of giving a grocery list of excuses for why DJ greatly underperforms?
DJ did not underperform. We have many good players and any of them can have big games. Against MSU, it was Reed. He gave a super performance. The previous game it was Edwards. Again a super performance. You come on here and bash a player after a win? What a Dick...

Do you even know the definition of quote? Replying to someone's post isn't quoting them. If I quoted you, I would have extracted your exact words from your post and placed them between quotation marks in my response. Also, my comments were in response to what I heard our nameless coach say in his post-game press conference. You obviously keep your nose buried so deep up his backside that the lack of oxygen has you seeing things.
I'm talking about the very first post in this thread by Mike-McD, he "quoted" Cal, but the problem is that Cal never said anything about "Univ of Reed Sheppard". * I'm not stupid, and I don't know why you want to be rude about it. Maybe you're the one that's not sure what's going on with all this quote business? And why in the world would I get accused of kissing Cal's toukas, you won't ever find evidence of that. I'm a UK fan first, not a fan of any certain coach who happens to be here necessarily.
* If you're confused about what I'm talking about you can go back to page one, post #23.

Last edited:

Guess he also thinks he can't be fact checked. He made the comment that before DJ missed games that he was shooting 40% 3's. Not even close to 40%. Just barely 32% . 2-13 since he's been back in starting lineup.

Why would I be a vanderbilt fan?

I bet he enjoys this one!

Caddyshack Ted Knight GIF - Caddyshack Ted Knight Michael O Keefe GIFs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT