ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard in practice

A bit scary, but Edwards is athletic enough to rebound over/around people. DJ is physical enough to be a good rebound guard.

Those 4 with Mitchell/Bradshaw a a shooting big could be really fun basketball
Just stay healthy. Wouldn't it be nice for Bradshaw to heal 100 percent and not encounter any more serious injuries this season?

Just stay healthy. Wouldn't it be nice for Bradshaw to heal 100 percent and not encounter any more serious injuries this season?
I would be fine holding him out until around December if it means we get him 100%.

That's also why I hope no one plays more than 30-32 MPG. We need a healthy, rested team come March.

We got 10-11 guys who can go. I hope Cal lets them.

If Ugo can take a step forward and be a defensive general in the paint... think about those four around him. I think there are a lot of fun combos to go with!
With him at the 5 it's a much better defensive unit. Hurts the driving lanes offensively, as I haven't seen too much range from him. But he should be able to give us 10-12 good minutes at the 5 per game. Split the other between Mitchell and Bradshaw and we will be more than OK

Reactions: FinancialPlannerZac
He is pretty athletic like his dad was too. Me and my friend, who played D1 ball and made it to the Sweet 16 2 of his 4 years, saw him make a couple of plays that was impressive from an athletic stand point. I think his defense may be underrated as well.

Will Cal play him and give him the opportunities is the other side of the equation. He’s not a projected nba pick at this stage and sadly that is what cal covets and plays to the most despite on court performance.
Honest question... was Tyler Herro a projected NBA pick in July ahead of his one UK season? I'm pretty sure he wasn't. The idea that Cal only plays those guys over guys that would help us win isn't as prevalent as many think, I believe.

He is pretty athletic like his dad was too. Me and my friend, who played D1 ball and made it to the Sweet 16 2 of his 4 years, saw him make a couple of plays that was impressive from an athletic stand point. I think his defense may be underrated as well.
Good anticipation/quick hands on D.

Will Cal play him and give him the opportunities is the other side of the equation. He’s not a projected nba pick at this stage and sadly that is what cal covets and plays to the most despite on court performance.
Neither Devin Booker, SGA, nor Tyler Herro were projected NBA picks. Reed was a McDonald's All-American and a fringe 5*. He's not the typical in-state talent.

I feel like he's gong to give us a WHOLE LOT more than most expect.

Too smart and can shoot to not be on the floor.

He took teams with less talent and beat a lot of the loaded teams. Looked like the best player on the floor many times too
Didn't miss any did he? 😉

I feel like he's gong to give us a WHOLE LOT more than most expect.

Too smart and can shoot to not be on the floor.

He took teams with less talent and beat a lot of the loaded teams. Looked like the best player on the floor many times too
Yep. And, additionally, in HS games, he was guarded by everyone’s best defender & also double & triple teamed a lot of the time. He was the defense’s focal point in every game, but, still filled the stat sheet & led his teams to wins, or, kept it close against some serious competition. He has good size, is fundamentally sound & incredibly skilled in every phase, offensively, although he could tighten his handle some more, especially if he’s gonna run point in college & beyond.

And, he’s very crafty, too, with a great understanding of the game, for a kid his age. Good footwork & knows how to use fakes & jab steps to create space. Efficient scorer at all 3 levels. His court vision/passing has been next level since his SO season, at least. He would’ve averaged a cpl more assists/game if his teammates could’ve finished, handled, or, been prepared for some of his passes that became turnovers. I have little doubt that he can play at this level & contribute, immediately.

He's got excellent court vision and is CALM under pressure. Something we've not had in a PG for awhile.

Reactions: Chuckinden
Honest question... was Tyler Herro a projected NBA pick in July ahead of his one UK season? I'm pretty sure he wasn't. The idea that Cal only plays those guys over guys that would help us win isn't as prevalent as many think, I believe.
Had one other SG on the team in IQ and Hagans nd quade green were the only other guards on the roster. If Reed is ready and can contribute would love to see that happen. Cal seems reluctant however on in state talent despite their star ranking. They get shorter leashes and thus fewer chances to prove their worth to the team. Heck just last year, while not an instate kid, Theiro was constantly making good things happen during games yet would go stretches of games without seeing a minute of meaningful action. If you’re not one of Cals chosen you have to play 2-3 times better than those in front of you. Sorry just the way cal is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT