ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Greenberg

He’s right about a lot he says. We are no where near where we need to be. Can’t make assumptions based on these games

Reactions: Elliott Tim
Guys got to talk about something. Hard for them to fill out hours of talking during blowouts
Saying that, they are all fos. Greenberg especially after his banging in us last year

My biggest complaint with him, it’s August and he’s sayin “not a Final 4 team”. Well no crap Sherlock. No team is right now. But I bet we’re just as close as anybody.
My thoughts exactly. It felt more like he was just trying to go opposite of Dakich kiss assing. Call me biased but I've enjoyed Dakich more

Reactions: mattrudd
He hasn’t said anything too bad, I just think he’s trying to temper some of the over exaggerated hot takes right now. I’d rather not have someone crown us champs this early on, still a lot of places to grow which is scary to think of.

It’s a stupid premise to think this team doesn’t improve once they’ve had more than ten days of practice. Announcers running out of bs. Four games in five days.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
He’s right about a lot he says. We are no where near where we need to be. Can’t make assumptions based on these games

Wow! If that's what he said then he's a real genius. Like who in the crap thinks we are where we need to be after 10 practices?

I'd love to be paid 6 figures to give brainbusting insight like that.

BTW, that's what is scary. A lot of new faces & we saw some glimpses of balling. Can you imagine mid-season form?

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
It’s a stupid premise to think this team doesn’t improve once they’ve had more than ten days of practice. Announcers running out of bs. Four games in five days.

Dan sounded drunk every game. Probably can't remember exactly what happened?

I mean sure we won’t be playing semi pro teams in the future that’s missing some players and not as in shape as they will be during their seasons. You do get to see how each of our players react under pressure without having much structured practice for them to cling to. Watching their emotion and how well they try to fit in the teamplay was also good to see. Will some change and get better or get passed on the depth chart? Probably but it will be fun to watch them grow.

Last edited:
I don’t mind all the praise from Dan. Will pale in comparison to What we here from Bilas when he does puke’s games.

I kinda think he’s positioning himself for a spot on our team if any of barbs robes or huuunnnngry leave. I think he wants to be a coach again, no better place to get your career started again than at UK. He is already close to Calipari and I never thought he trolled Kentucky or went out of his way to be negative. Believe he calls it like he sees it. most UK fans get all but hurt if they say one thing bad about our play. Don’t get me wrong bilas or rothstein I thing have a negative bias against UK, I don’t see it with Seth.

Is there a team out there that is where they need to be right now?
Where is UK compared to the other 350 D1 teams?
It's August, nobody is anywhere close to where they are supposed to be.
Show me a team that is closer right now than UK though.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC CATS
I mea

I mean sure we won’t be playing semi pro teams in the future that’s missing some players and not as in shape as they will be during their seasons. You do get to see how each of our players react under pressure without having much structured practice for them to cling to. Watching their emotion and how well they try to fit in the teamplay was also good to see. Will some change and get better or get passed on the death chart? Probably but it will be fun to watch them grow.
Death chart? This is more serious than I thought.

He hasn’t once made reference to our potential. He’s been consistently negative.
He's an ex-coach. Their nature is to be critical. Can we not get upset because everyone is declaring UK the champ and the best team ever? Goodness.

Is there a team out there that is what's they need to be?
It's August, nobody is anywhere close to where tgey are supposed to be.
Zags
Tenn
Auburn
Kansas

Old teams with more chemistry atm. Now do I think they will be better than UK in March? No I don’t. But there a lot of things UK needs to work on. Just think Kentucky has the higher ceiling than everyone else

Maybe Cal tells him not to blow smoke up these young players short shorts so they continue to stay hungry and to fight summertime complacency.

Just a thought.
Cal and Seth are good friends. I would be willing to bet that Cal told him to not overhype us too much this early because these kids heads will swell over the next few months if he does. Cal wants a hungry team.

Reactions: Jamal Sunburn
i enjoyed the hell out of the UK love fest. I found myself yelling at the tv when they were having trouble remembering COMEBACK CATS! or when they were talking about the most beloved Cat.... How could John Wall not be on that list? he represents the rebirth of Kentucky into modern day Coach Cal era. i hope they do more of our games!

This team is ridiculous as far as talent and skill. Yes we are better than these teams but damn we are legit I'm gonna assume away.

How anybody could watch those four games and come away with the take that ANY of of those announcers were negative toward UK is beyond me. That's just an embarrassing take and the type of thing that gives this message board a bad name. Try selling the idea that Seth was negative about UK to any non-UK fan who watched those games and you'd get laughed out of the building. It was a lovefest.

Reactions: Cal-4-Three
Shut up. This is their 4th game in 5 days.
I'm not going to read this entire thread. I'm just going to say that I love UK basketball, but I hate the section of our fanbase that can't let anyone say something critical without thinking there is a conspiracy against us. Our players and coaches are not perfect. There are things they can improve on. If you can't accept criticism in life, you will never be the best version of you.

Zags
Tenn
Auburn
Kansas

Old teams with more chemistry atm. Now do I think they will be better than UK in March? No I don’t. But there a lot of things UK needs to work on. Just think Kentucky has the higher ceiling than everyone else
Not buying all but KU off that list. Just because those teams are older doesn't mean they are further along than UK is right now. I mean, UK just beat 4 veteran teams by an average of 30 points. They played 4 games in 5 days and Cal called the dogs off early in each game.
I just don't see that kind of depth from anyone but KU on that list.
Also, UK was missing its best shooter and highest rated recruit.

I'm not going to read this entire thread. I'm just going to say that I love UK basketball, but I hate the section of our fanbase that can't let anyone say something critical without thinking there is a conspiracy against us. Our players and coaches are not perfect. There are things they can improve on. If you can't accept criticism in life, you will never be the best version of you.
Thanks for the life lesson pops. Now, take heed to my directive to Seth.

Is there a team out there that is where they need to be right now?
It's August, nobody is anywhere close to where they are supposed to be.
I would put UK against anybody right now and feel real confident

The most ridiculous thing Seth said was this
"If this is good as Ky. is gonna get they are not a final four team"
No $hit Sherlock Seth...like we ain't going to get better between August and April?

Guys got to talk about something. Hard for them to fill out hours of talking during blowouts
Saying that, they are all fos. Greenberg especially after his banging in us last year

Of all the ridiculous things that was said the one that stood out to me was the 3rd guy asking if UK had enough guys to play up tempo the whole game since they only went 9-10 deep. So you need more than 10 guys deep to play up tempo according to that guy. :joy:

It's common knowledge that we're not as good as we will be. 90% of what Seth says is regurgitated Cal speck..

I read very few of these posts. Didn't want to, 'cause most of you are a bunch of damn babies.

I swear, I think some of you posters are middle schoolers. You get butt hurt so easy.

I read very few of these posts. Didn't want to, 'cause most of you are a bunch of damn babies.

I swear, I think some of you posters are middle schoolers. You get butt hurt so easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT