ADVERTISEMENT

Final first four game, game thread?(Why not) Boise State vs Colorado

Have they even won a tourney game since that miracle run?

NMd8zUc.jpg

Reactions: KYExtemper
Like I said after Selection Sunday UVA had no business in this tourney. The ACC sucks and should have been a 3 bid conference, 4 because NCst won.

UVA lost 11 times this year. 10 by double digits including tonight. When you are blown out 9 out if 10 losses you aren't a tourney team.
They were also terrible away from home.

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Like I said after Selection Sunday UVA had no business in this tourney. The ACC sucks and should have been a 3 bid conference, 4 because NCst won.

UVA lost 11 times this year. 10 by double digits including tonight. When you are blown out 9 out if 10 losses you aren't a tourney team.

This Virginia offense is like looking up at the sun during an eclipse, if you stare too long you could have permanent eyesight damage.

I don’t think 10 cans of Lysol could remove the stink from that offense last night. Good grief!

Alright, last night is over, Virginia was awful representing the ACC. The first game there was great determination by both teams throughout the game. What do we have tonight on the Eve where KY turns it around and Cal becomes the great motivator that he once was??. The pieces are there.

I *love* the coach of Grambling State. Awesome attitude, all about the school and its players. He doesn't make excuses, and says they'll head from the stadium to their rooms and study film on Purdue.

Montana State went away from Walker. Shot too many jumpers. I won't say they gave it away. Grambling just took it.
What a huge swing in the second half. Montana State up 14 and all of the momentum. Looked like they would win going away. But, nope let Grambling slowly chip away and the game completely flipped. As Grambling got more confidence, their defensive intensity just got crazier. What a wild swing.

Purdue lost to a 15 then a 16. Have to be sweating a little. Of course, we lost to the same 15...an elite eight 15. pressure's on. Plenty firepower, but we know that's not the problem. Like others have said, I actually like our chances better if we can survive first 2 rounds.

Before the game they made it sound like this BSU/Colo game was gonna be a race to 100. Nothing like that at all whatsoever.

Steve Devine from Muhlenburg County is a ref in this game. Played for KWC. Didn’t realize he reffed for D-1 games.

I *love* the coach of Grambling State. Awesome attitude, all about the school and its players. He doesn't make excuses, and says they'll head from the stadium to their rooms and study film on Purdue.
I'm curious how these smaller schools are able to get scouting reports and video with less than 2 days between games (actually less than 2 full days)? They contact opponents of their opponent?

I'm curious how these smaller schools are able to get scouting reports and video with less than 2 days between games (actually less than 2 full days)? They contact opponents of their opponent?
I know it's crude, but there's always highlights and footage off YouTube and other streaming services?

Man I would’ve missed on Boise St tonight. I was perfect so far. Oh well. This is why I don’t do official brackets anymore.

Amazing how the mid majors and tonight’s teams keeps it close. Meanwhile Virginia…..lol. I mean how do you lose by TWENTY FIVE in the opening round. Woof.

Man I would’ve missed on Boise St tonight. I was perfect so far. Oh well. This is why I don’t do official brackets anymore.

Amazing how the mid majors and tonight’s teams keeps it close. Meanwhile Virginia…..lol. I mean how do you lose by TWENTY FIVE in the opening round. Woof.
Most brackets don't take the First Four into account. There's just not enough time for everyone to get to analyze and make their picks before those Tuesday games start. Well except for those women who pick teams by their mascots, colors, or coin flip.

Grambling st is a very interesting match up for Purdue! Grambling attacks the middle. Purdue is one foul trouble game away from going home. It could very well happen again. Grambling plays hard and has finesse set attacks. If they shoot lil above average on perimeter. Purdue gone!

I went 3-1 on the First 4 games, plus got the VCU-Villanova NIT game right, so 4 for 5.

The refs almost screwed up the Boise St / Colorado game last night.
Ball knocked out of bounds with 2.9sec on the shot clock with about 1min to go in the game and I think a 2-3 pt lead for Colorado, they reviewed and changed it to 3.5sec (I thought it should have been 3.3 or 3.4sec). So on the inbounds play the Colorado guard caught the pass, took a couple dribbles 8' from the basket, went up & shot an airball, that was caught, the rebounder landed and got a shot off before the shot clock expired and made it. I was thinking there was no way they did that in 3.5sec. They did review the rebounder to ensure he got the shot off, and he did with what showed 0.6 on the shot clock. BUT... I rewound further and noticed the clocks didn't start as soon as the guy caught the inbounds pass. So I used my stopwatch/phone and timing it 3 times I got 3.4, 3.48 & 3.48 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT