ADVERTISEMENT

Serious UL question

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Since their fiasco and RP being fired, I have paid little attention to exactly what has occurred with that team other than enjoying when they lose. I watched part of the Miss State and UL game last night and I am sincerely asking is this the same roster of players we faced? I mean they looked awful and considering a home game with the fans cheering anything positive, it was hard to fathom that this is the same exact players we faced. Are there injuries since then? Players suspended or quit? I mean when you watch this game it looked like Mississippi State would have blown us out and should be in the National Championship game, not an NIT want-a-be. That's how bad UL was, and I know that State's last game was won on a buzzer beater so they are not this super team as how they appeared in this game.

Since their fiasco and RP being fired, I have paid little attention to exactly what has occurred with that team other than enjoying when they lose. I watched part of the Miss State and UL game last night and I am sincerely asking is this the same roster of players we faced? I mean they looked awful and considering a home game with the fans cheering anything positive, it was hard to fathom that this is the same exact players we faced. Are there injuries since then? Players suspended or quit? I mean when you watch this game it looked like Mississippi State would have blown us out and should be in the National Championship game, not an NIT want-a-be. That's how bad UL was, and I know that State's last game was won on a buzzer beater so they are not this super team as how they appeared in this game.

They didn't want to be there until they started winning, which didn't last long.

They quit..the thought of going to New York and another week of practice didnt float their boat

One would think with a trip to New York on the line (even though it's the NIT, still a cool trip), that the team would have had a little more motivation than they played with last night. It appeared the Seniors were ready to move on, and a couple of the other guys ready to throw their names in the NBA draft. Bottom line - they were pummeled by a middle of the road SEC team, so it was a good night.

OP, I have to argue with your premise. (Serious UL question) ul is a joke...

Yes

The kids are pretty much done. I'm sure it didn't help that the fan base got into internet uproar to get a new coach after the less than a second loss to Virginia. The calls for a new coach got louder even after the NIT games, and I really believed the kids just figured it was time to pack in

UL is the team that just keeps giving. First they spend all that money to hire a company to find them an AD, then annouce they are going to hire their temp AD as permanent AD. Then before the game starts the kids find out Mack is there and meeting with AD to get rid of the coach that is still coaching. I guess they all said what the hell lets mail this end and be done with it. And lets not forget the NCAA is not done with them yet. They may let other schools walk with the FBI but UL was on probation and they shot the finger to the NCAA and still did dirty things. DEATH PENALTY would be letting them off to easy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT