ADVERTISEMENT

SEC tournament ultimately means nothing

I was going to say, you keep citing this 3rd best offense in the country but it sure as hell is NOT the 3rd best offense in the country with the version of Grady we have been getting recently.
Yeah we can’t have our primary 3 point shot maker not hitting.

all of a sudden we are relying on Brooks and Wheeler hitting 3s. That’s just not gonna work.

We haven’t won any hardware in 4 seasons. That matters. Spin it all you want. UK no longer owns the SEC.
not true, we won the regular season championship in 2020 with a pretty good team when the tournaments got cancelled
Maybe we should hire Tubby back and you would be happy

let me add SEC tourney to the list of things that no longer matter

November/December games
Attendance at Rupp
All Time Wins
SEC Tourney

The SEC tournament is a place for bubbles to burst or for teams to play into the NCAA.
TAMU has earned a place for sure. (I hope they do)

UF burst their chance . .

When did we start celebrating moral victories and claiming games don’t matter. Disagree 100% at Kentucky EVERY game matters

Reactions: Gromcat
Experience tells me we'll be in the toughest NCAA bracket and tomorrow wouldn't have mattered even if we'd won the game today. I was good with a 2 seed before today and I'll be fine with a 2 seed tomorrow. If we fall to a 3 seed then the NET means nothing and Baylor/Auburn/Illinois/Providence can likely do no wrong.

Even if the screw UK job was on (which I dont think it was), this is March.

While I’m still very optimistic about this team and the tournament I’m sorry there’s just no way to spin this in my book.
2-20 isn't a screw job.....it's a screw up on our part.

not true, we won the regular season championship in 2020 with a pretty good team when the tournaments got cancelled
Maybe we should hire Tubby back and you would be happy
You are right, I withdraw that statement. I saw someone post that and didn’t fact check. Shame on me.

The defense kinda fell apart when Wheeler and Tyty were injured and it never fully recovered.

one thing I did like today is when we were down 2nd half we kinda went into desperate mode and we forced them into some turnovers.

it’s never been a huge part of Cals defenses but I feel like with guys like Tyty and Wheeler we could force teams into turnovers. Which in turn would definitely up tempo the offense to where we like.
It’s amazing what happens when a defense attacks an offense instead of one person on their heels guarding the ball while the other four fall asleep.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
At the end of the day, we're still a 2 seed. There are a LOT of other teams in the country that wish they could get a 2 seed.

We earned that.

Need to simply hit our shots that we've made all season long. it's that simple. I expect a ridiculous draw as usual. Duke will get an easy path. Regular stuff.

Screw it. Blow it all up or die trying, eh?

Go Big Blue

This wasn't gonna propel us to a one seed. Hopefully, it puts a chip on their shoulder going into the NCAA tournament. I can see this team using the time to regroup/refocus. The first two tournament games will tell a lot. This group can win 6 in a row but I never thought 9 in a row was much of a possibility.

I can understand how people felt like THIS YEAR, it would have made a difference. Maybe, maybe not. And this isn't spinning it, like I said.

It just amazes me how every year it never made a difference, but THIS YEAR, it was going to be different.

People need to wake up and understand it makes no difference. It never had. If it did, seeding would have been affected in past SEC tournaments. They never did.

And for those still in denial, there's always the hopes that NEXT YEAR, it might make a difference. I'd love to see someone provide some evidence where the SEC tournament ever made a difference.

crickets
Sounds like spin to me. Respectfully.

Reactions: track42
Bullshit. The list matters. Our dominance matters. I know people want to pretend it doesn’t when we lose, but losing at UK is not acceptable. We are the premiere SEC program. Act like it and stop making excuses. It’s a friggin championship. To say it doesn’t matter is stupid stop listening to Cal lower expectations. We should be winning the SEC title.

No offense intended.

When did we start celebrating moral victories and claiming games don’t matter. Disagree 100% at Kentucky EVERY game matters

This. And it’s not negotiable. Why are so many so quick to diminish our accomplishments of the last century because Calipari has trouble closing the door. Not me

Cal doesn't care, the NCAA selection committee doesn't care about Sunday, I don't care anymore. None of the Blue Bloods really care if they were being honest.

Why should these players?

Maybe that's why they stopped playing the SEC conference tourney years ago.

Seriously. Not trying to put any kind of good spin on our loss today. Yet, if anyone thinks the selection committee was going to do us any favors by placing us as a number one seed ... all I can say is - best to get your hopes dashed right straight away this instant. Not going to happen. They never were going to reward Kentucky in the slightest for anything done in the SEC tournament.

The SEC tournament was solely brought back so as to get a team OTHER than Kentucky into the tournament. Hence, the league would LOVE to see A&M make it. Otherwise, the sec tournament means DICK for national seeding. It never has, it never will.

More than likely they drop us to a 3 seed and place us in a very difficult situation. Get ready for it. I'd suggest lots of lubricating oil.

We either come together and start playing a whole hellofa lot better or it's going to be a surprisingly short stay.

as for today, I'll take the extra day of rest for this group. They look beaten.

Go Big Blue
Losing to a really good Tennessee team in the SEC tournament doesn’t concern me “that” much . Being 8 - 7 on neutral court and away games does though.

Cal doesn't care, the NCAA selection committee doesn't care about Sunday, I don't care anymore. None of the Blue Bloods really care if they were being honest.

Why should these players?

Maybe that's why they stopped playing the SEC conference tourney years ago.
Cal has got another one. Anytime he loses his cult members come out with these kinds of sayings. Remarkable really.

• Sad
Reactions: Gromcat and catben
We probably would have flipped with Baylor if we had won yesterday, but I think that would have been worse. I actually like the path in the bottom of the bracket than the top.

Winning always means something. I don’t care about seeding- I care about beating our conference rival - something Cal struggles with. Believe me, in Tennessee, the fans make fun of the coaching mismatch between Barnes and Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT