ADVERTISEMENT

Screw it I think we take the South

UNC is the team I'm worried about. I think we coast to the E8 for the most part.

Hopefully they get caught looking ahead.

We're due for things to break our way in the tourney again as opposed to being the ones to do the dirty work for others.

hey OP i remember you from antsmarching, I used to post there as whygohome. Good to see you still around repping the blue and white man, hope all is well. GBB!

hey OP i remember you from antsmarching, I used to post there as whygohome. Good to see you still around repping the blue and white man, hope all is well. GBB!

Whygo! Yep, I'm still fighting the good fight. where you been man?

I thought that earlier in the year, but they've changed my mind these last 2 weeks. I think we've got a shot, especially if we can ride 1 guys back each game.
I wholeheartedly agree. I've changed my mind as well. Our team has finally clicked. The past few weeks have been our most consistent defensive effort of the season. We've got several guys that have improved and stepped up when needed. If we take it one game at a time, and stay focused on the task at hand, we can win this thing!!!

saying something you don't like doesn't equal stupid.

And I've said our chance is them having a bad shooting night because no way in hell will refs allow us to get in their grills like the PAC did with Oregon and Arizona

One reason I feel better about this is we won't get shit SEC refs and will allow our guys to play. We have not been able to really play sin OOC and look how great our offense is. Combine that with our new effort a defense and no bullshit calls and its on!

I know we cannot look ahead yet I can't shake thoughts of a re-match with UCLA. I think out improved defense and better overall discipline will make it a different game. I know UCLA can run but how are they in a half court slug fest?

Reactions: WildcatDJ
One reason I feel better about this is we won't get shit SEC refs and will allow our guys to play. We have not been able to really play sin OOC and look how great our offense is. Combine that with our new effort a defense and no bullshit calls and its on!

oh god... im going to bust something laughing at that........ no bull sh*t calls in the tournament..... [roll] ........... oh thats a good one. are you really a UK fan...... because to forget last year's game against IU and how that was officiated and post this now......... well ... WOW

I've thought for a while we could take UCLA in a rematch. That UNC game is a tossup. We need to bring it next weekend. We can't have an Alabama game in us or we could go home early.
Get me to unc and let's just see what happens.

If they play like they played on Sunday, we will make a run! Fox is playing his best ball of the season, as well as BAM! Monk is the most explosive player in the tournament...and with the 2 Kentucky boys providing rebounding and defense...look out! People are on here worried about certain teams and I'm pretty sure those same teams aren't looking forward to playing UK!

you want the proof ... go look it up yourself. But tell me before you go look it up.......... who are great shot blockers this year? think of all the teams you watched........ Maybe UConn's big guy??? ..who else?

You made the statement, I'm just asking politely for you to prove it. It wasn't a big deal. I'm sorry you can't, so it's okay.

you going to pay me for the hour it would take to do so?

Also, and this is just for the sake of your 'argument', let me help just a bit. The average top 10 division I players leading in blocks are averaging roughly 1.5 - 2.0 blocks more this year than last. So...ya know... *shrugs*

32005410.jpg

Again, you made the statement. I'm just asking you to prove it. If you can't, that's fine. Won't change my day one way or another.

as you can see in this link below......... the leader in blocks is Minny at 6.8 per game
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/blocks-per-game?date=2017-03-13

then click on the bar and go to each year ......... go all the way back to 2007..........

Last year the leader in blocks had 6.5 a game............. But every year before that .......had at least 7 per game.

Also, and this is just for the sake of your 'argument', let me help just a bit. The average top 10 division I players leading in blocks are averaging roughly 1.5 - 2.0 blocks more this year than last. So...ya know... *shrugs*

32005410.jpg

Since this was about team blocks.......... shouldnt you be looking at the teams? you want to rethink your angle?

well I dont know what stat you made up just now with team angle but its good to know you cant just admit you were wrong to bust my chops because the info I supplied with the link proves me right.

Nowhere in my responses to you have I busted your chops. You are on the defensive because everyone is killing you over your UCLA prediction, which I personally think is fair (your prediction, not them killing you).

Thank you for your info. You have proved that it's a down year in comparison to years prior to 2015-2016, but not a down year in comparison to last year.

*shrugs*

Reactions: Bryo72
Nowhere in my responses to you have I busted your chops. You are on the defensive because everyone is killing you over your UCLA prediction, which I personally think is fair (your prediction, not them killing you).

Thank you for your info. You have proved that it's a down year in comparison to years prior to 2015-2016, but not a down year in comparison to last year.

*shrugs*

Its probably because the vast majority of the time someone asks you to show the data or prove it..... they think you are full of sh*t and are busting your chops.

Its probably because the vast majority of the time someone asks you to show the data or prove it..... they think you are full of sh*t and are busting your chops.

Eh, I just like proof. I'm a big nerd like that. It also helps your argument. I know that sounds lame, but sometimes it's nice to have that covered.

oh god... im going to bust something laughing at that........ no bull sh*t calls in the tournament..... [roll] ........... oh thats a good one. are you really a UK fan...... because to forget last year's game against IU and how that was officiated and post this now......... well ... WOW

I'm not saying that we don't get bad calls in the tourney as the final four flop on Miller against UCONN comes to mind. What I mean is we play better without SEC refs. Would you rather they red every tourney game or get who we get in the tourney?

*shrugs*
Dude, chill....I know you all to well...lol

Whygo! Yep, I'm still fighting the good fight. where you been man?

I just kind of lost interest in DMB and ants as a whole just got tiring with the same like 12 people taking over every single thread. I do miss the college basketball thread though we had some fun conversations in there!
Glad to see you're doing alright dude!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT