ADVERTISEMENT

Saunders a CAT

I think it said he started 16 games? Pope said there wasn't a coach in the country that would not want Saunders on their team. Very mature, scores, rebounds and comes to work every day. Ten points and 4 rebounds is a very solid contribution. As mentioned a million times, super high energy every time he steps on the court and physical. Would he be a Larry Steele type in a way? Pope has used him I think kind of how Pitino used Allen Edwards, and they are about the same size. Remember Pitino commenting how important Edwards was to his team even though he didn't start. Think Pope feels the same way about Saunders.

Perry - shooter
Saunders - shooter
Chandler - shooter
Williams - bruiser

That's a good start. Add Osobor, Davis, Robinson and maybe three or four more pieces and we're good to go.
I’d love to get Berea, and Davis for sure. Shooting and scoring potential in the backcourt is what we need now. Jaxson Robinson would be tremendous if he transfers.

Unless I missed something else, y'all are writing this kid off based on a puff piece from January?

Nevermind, I found the something else,

I believe the sources are the middle men and while they’re mostly in the know…these are still kids at the end of the day. Kids who are unpredictable and change their mind often. I have no doubt Saunders was leaning UK when Pope picked him up at the airport. Probably wasn’t promised anything (good for Pope, means he’s the opposite of Cal) and he opted for stability and predictability. More power to him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What’s the reason?
Because Crankdatmustard is actually Mark Pope. I believe the mustard seed has some significance to the Mormon church.

Me figuring this all out:
fb1.jpg

Trilly didn’t know the family situation.
What was there not to know?

We knew the family situation. Both he and his wife are devout mormons from Utah with deep ties to BYU. That fact alone should’ve told anyone with common sense that it was not gonna be easy to pry him out of there.

And that was NOT inside info. It was talked about from the first day his name came up. If us lowly non-insiders knew it, then why didn’t Trilly?

Reactions: NociHTTP
I joined that discord and it’s not worth it frankly. The Kentucky discord channel is infested with people that talk about anything and everything but basketball. The rafters posters that post just to post have clearly made their way over there.

Trilly’s kentucky intel during all of this has been spotty at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT