ADVERTISEMENT

Prepare yourselves for Mitch to pass on Donovan

I wouldn't trust Donovan's word if he said he'd take the job. He's told us yes before and then changed his mind a couple days later. I'm sure they've sent back channel communication to Donovan but, considering our history with him, I'd wait for him to reach out to us and look elsewhere if he does not.

I'm over Donovan and have been for a while. Not sure he's the right man any more. At one time, yes but it's very different now and he's been away for a while. Not to mention, we'd be starting over from scratch with a new coach that young guys don't remember and completely untested in the NIL and portal world of today's game. He's getting old to be a "long term" guy, too.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
The MINIMUM is the roster and results are better than Arkansas in 2024-25.

Fixed it.

Of course it's NOT the only expectation.

I don't understand why Donovan can't go ahead and take the job. Who cares about a play-in game? Not like the Bulls are favored to win it all. And the writing seems to be on the wall that they wanna part ways with Donovan. Interim coaches in the NBA is a thing quite often. This is a business first. They would've fired him in the middle of the season if they thought it was the right thing to do. So why is it so bad foe him to accept what he believes to be a better offer?

I wouldn't trust Donovan's word if he said he'd take the job. He's told us yes before and then changed his mind a couple days later. I'm sure they've sent back channel communication to Donovan but, considering our history with him, I'd wait for him to reach out to us and look elsewhere if he does not.

Yeah that’s thing. I think you’re right. Until he’s in Lexington with a signed contract it’s hard to trust that it would actually happen. May be why MB may be trying to avoid him.

Why is he too obvious? Please enlighten me/us.

I'd be excited to have him as a coach, but he hasn't had college success in a long time, doesn't have great NBA success and would take the longest to get on board here. And he's turned us down before twice.

I’d literally never watch them play again….. talk about a toxic fanbase
Wait, let me see if I have this right. You're saying you'd never watch UK again
if they hire a coach you don't want while, at the same time, calling our fanbase
toxic. So I have two questions: Do I have that right? Are there mirrors in your house?

Why is he too obvious? Please enlighten me/us.

I'd be excited to have him as a coach, but he hasn't had college success in a long time, doesn't have great NBA success and would take the longest to get on board here. And he's turned us down before twice.
He took the thunder to the playoffs every year he was there. A NBA coach can only coach with what he has. And the bulls front office hasn't exactly put together a great team for him. Coby White, Lavine, Derozan. Not a great team.

Timing and any semblance of roster construction would be the negatives . If they win this play-in game, I just don’t know how you’d do it at that point
Do people realize if the bulls beat the hawks, they are not in the regular playoffs? They have to beat the hawks on Wednesday and the loser of the heat/sixers game on Friday, to be in. We can wait until Friday night.

Wait, let me see if I have this right. You're saying you'd never watch UK again
if they hire a coach you don't want while, at the same time, calling our fanbase
toxic. So I have two questions: Do I have that right? Are there mirrors in your house?
If not mirrors, then there are definitely some pots and kettles. Pretty good odds they're all black.

The transfer portal closes on May 1st, 2024.

Donovan not being named coach until after his team is eliminated makes it very difficult to win in 2024-25.

The MINIMUM is this team is as good as Arkansas. Minimum. And there is currently, nobody on the team (pretty much). Furthermore, you can't expect any recruits or returning players to wait either.

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT