ADVERTISEMENT

Sallis to zags

Kentucky replaced North Carolina as the cool school.

Then Duke replaced Kentucky.

And now Gonzaga has replaced Duke.

The days of Kentucky being the cool school are now as distant as they were in the mid-late 2000s. It’s past time to adjust, in many ways.
Cool!!

Just wait till he gets to pros (if) and listens to the harsh fan critique there.

That could be it, though. Maybe he knows how fan critique can be at the professional level and would rather deal with as little of that as possible while he spends a year in college. Gonzaga, in his eyes, is a better fit for him in that regard. I'm sure Jalen Suggs balling out into a top 5 pick also helped influence his decision.

Unless some guys besides Suggs go pro it could be a log jam or Gonzaga platooning.

Corey Kispert is very likely going pro as a projected lottery pick at this point. Timme and Joel Ayayi might as well, though they're less sure things than Kispert. But it's actually funny because Andrew Nembhard started at Florida for two years before transferring to Gonzaga and spent the first half of this year coming off their bench.

Again you are insinuating something I did not say. Why do you people keep doing that. What I am saying is more black lives are taken by other black people, so why focus on asking white people-if they believe Black Lives Matter? It just proves an agenda. There is no real interest in solving the real issue
Because we have been working on the issue involving black on black crime for some time now and its clear a large portion of it has to do with the system in place. Black children that grow up in poor and impoverished areas receive less funding for schools and are held to the same state testing standards as the kids in areas where they have great teachers and schools. These kids are at a disadvantage from the time they are born. You cannot fix the issue of black on black crime until you fix the damage that has already been done. Provide more funding to schools in black communities....don't allow cops and the judicial system to break up families due to petty crimes. Stop overpopulating the prison system with people who are just trying to provide money for their families. Show these young kids that we care and that we want to help. It all starts with fixing these school systems and these neighborhoods. You do that and these issues will fix themselves.

Because we have been working on the issue involving black on black crime for some time now and its clear a large portion of it has to do with the system in place. Black children that grow up in poor and impoverished areas receive less funding for schools and are held to the same state testing standards as the kids in areas where they have great teachers and schools. These kids are at a disadvantage from the time they are born. You cannot fix the issue of black on black crime until you fix the damage that has already been done. Provide more funding to schools in black communities....don't allow cops and the judicial system to break up families due to petty crimes. Stop overpopulating the prison system with people who are just trying to provide money for their families. Show these young kids that we care and that we want to help. It all starts with fixing these school systems and these neighborhoods. You do that and these issues will fix themselves.
I don’t whether you laugh or cry. You have really been brain washed. Everything you just typed is the Democrat talking points for decades. Blame the white man. Pour more money into it. Stop locking up criminals. Blame the police. Not one damn word about unwed mothers raising kids from multiple fathers, where the kids have no father, or father figure around. Always blame someone else. You don’t believe in being responsible for poor decisions. Always blame somebody else. Always the blame game. I was raised as poor or poorer than most of these kids. My daddy worked for 3 dollars a day. We had almost nothing, raised what we ate. When I was 14, I worked on the farm for 3 dollars a day, raised tobacco, hay, corn, milked cows by hand twice a day and worked 8 hours at a sawmill. If you are determined to better yourself this country gives you that opportunity, but you have to be determined to work hard and constantly improve your skills. You do not blame someone else.

Talk to me about black father absenteeism and it's effect on the black inner city communities, because all I hear from you is that poor black people are criminals and that's really racist and condescending.

It's a shame that the kneeling doesn't bother you. But hey, let's just sit back and watch our country go to hell while we open our borders to people we know nothing about. But hey, 9/11 can't happen again, right?
Ahhh, your points after your first sentence gives away why you feel triggered by the kneeling. MAGA at it’s finest. A Patriot! 😂

Here's my challenge to you, watch this...objectively (if you can) and then comment on it. Because I think you've had waaaay to much leftist indoctrination without exercising much critical thinking:

Ahhh, your points after your first sentence gives away why you feel triggered by the kneeling. MAGA at it’s finest. A Patriot! 😂
You’re right. But you’ll get your wish soon enough. America has turned into a third world $hithole. Just look at what your people were doing in all the major cities last year. Keep up the good work.

You’re right. But you’ll get your wish soon enough. America has turned into a third world $hithole. Just look at what your people were doing in all the major cities last year. Keep up the good work.
Ha!!! And your people on 1/6 at the capital! That was the most embarrassing moment in US history. Keep drinking the kool aid.

I don’t whether you laugh or cry. You have really been brain washed. Everything you just typed is the Democrat talking points for decades. Blame the white man. Pour more money into it. Stop locking up criminals. Blame the police. Not one damn word about unwed mothers raising kids from multiple fathers, where the kids have no father, or father figure around. Always blame someone else. You don’t believe in being responsible for poor decisions. Always blame somebody else. Always the blame game. I was raised as poor or poorer than most of these kids. My daddy worked for 3 dollars a day. We had almost nothing, raised what we ate. When I was 14, I worked on the farm for 3 dollars a day, raised tobacco, hay, corn, milked cows by hand twice a day and worked 8 hours at a sawmill. If you are determined to better yourself this country gives you that opportunity, but you have to be determined to work hard and constantly improve your skills. You do not blame someone else.
You don't understand the situation and I don't expect you to. Its not a liberal talking point and no I haven't been brain washed. I was given up as a child and spent the majority of my life in the state foster care system until I turned 18 and was kicked out. I grew up in some bad areas and some really nice areas. I've seen the worst of what this country has to offer and some of the best. I don't care how poor your father was or how poor you were. Your father was around at least. That within itself helped you develop a type of discipline and specific life skills that others simply don't have because of their fathers not being around. I spent time in south eastern Kentucky in group homes being beat by men (with your mentality) as a 10-12 year old kid because you were raised to be taught that this is all about mentality and every decision you make is your own and there aren't other factors that go into the person that you will become along the way. I spent time in group homes around Louisville and JTown where I'd watch white men and white cops beat my black friends and make fun of them because of their skin color. You think this shit just went away in 1964? You think because you don't see this shit with your eyes that it doesn't happen? Nah bro. It doesn't work like that. My mother was 15 years old when she had me. Addicted to drugs and all of that. I spent most of my life thinking I was going to end up in prison because I didn't have basic life skills that you were handed simply because your daddy was around. I was headed down that path and if not for the final foster family I ended up in as a 16 year old kid headed no where I would have. Simply by luck I landed in a home that cared for me and taught me simple shit like how to fill out a job application and how to apply for college. If not for some dumb luck I would've ended up in a jail cell or dead. I tell you all of this shit not because I care about my story because I really don't but because you mention your father being in your life and skip over it like its nothing. Like its just something that everyone has. In a black neighborhood things aren't so easy. You see friends die from a young age and develop anxiety and crippling depression. You develop a drug habit to cope with the mental shit going on because you can't handle your reality and no man has ever taught you how to man up. You have a family but you can't provide for them because the jobs are scarce and the trauma from your childhood is weighing heavier and heavier on you each day. Suicide starts to creep into your mental. You start selling drugs or stealing shit because you need to take care of this baby and no one wants to hire a broke kid with no job experience and you've got a petty drug charge you got at 19. You get sent to jail. The cycle continues. Don't talk about something you know nothing about. Having your father around isn't something to be throwing in peoples faces. That's a gift from god. That's a blessing. That's a meal ticket within itself. The same issues these young black kids have in southside Chicago relates to the same issues these young white kids are having in eastern KY. I want to fix all of that. I do not care about your political beliefs. I don't care about how you feel about me but I care about those kids. I care about fixing the problems this country has. From the false promises of prison reform in South side Chicago for young black kids to bring their fathers back home by democrats to the false promises of bringing jobs and fixing the opioid crisis (instead of Mitch McConnell lining his pockets from drug companies) in eastern Kentucky.

Reading Kyle Tucker’s comments. People are saying “racist” UK fans is what caused Sallis to gonzaga....WTH? Being mad over kneeling is racist?!?!?!??? I hate this world man.

cal put our fans in a bind to have to pick a political side. He should have kept politics out. If Justus is right it’s because of Cals action not fans reaction.

Reactions: cathouse
Ha!!! And your people on 1/6 at the capital! That was the most embarrassing moment in US history. Keep drinking the kool aid.
Plenty of lefties in there pretending to be MAGAs. Gee nobody saw that coming. It’s a shame for you that you haven’t realized you’ve been played.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
What is really a shame is that people like you don't have a clue WHY fans are bothered by the kneeling.

Here's a clue for you. It has NOTHING to do with race for most fans I know.
Where did I say anything about race? I do know when someone uses “it’s not about race” unprovoked, it is usually about race. Fact

Already shared my passionate take on this in other thread, but to summarize here in a topic related manner:

-Sallis was lost long before kneeling "hot topic" took place.

-Same AC who is always coming up short lost another one. Insert excuse, but hey-things are looking great for '22, '23, '24, etc......until they fall apart.

-When recruit is lost, find excuse, rinse, repeat

OT but if Cal were to go to Texas, Justus/Barbee going with him? We know Jai Lucas would, Robic too, unless he just wanted to retire, but is he taking those vital assets with him to Austin?
The other thread where you posted got nuked. Mine was the last post....and I was wondering what the story was about when you mentoned that Cal had told a player in the recruiting process that the competitve coach had taken ill and was dying (or something like that). I imagine that was pre-UK....but I've never heard of it before.
When/where did this take place? Is it a proven fact? Did the player mention it?
Thanks.

The other thread where you posted got nuked. Mine was the last post....and I was wondering what the story was about when you mentoned that Cal had told a player in the recruiting process that the competitve coach had taken ill and was dying (or something like that). I imagine that was pre-UK....but I've never heard of it before.
When/where did this take place? Is it a proven fact? Did the player mention it?
Thanks.
When he was an Assistant at Pitt, the player was Bobby Martin, and the opposing coach was Rollie Massimino. The neutral parties and Nova people say it absolutely happened. Cal/Bobby Martin deny it. Martin I believe was committed to Villanova at the time as well but I was only 10/11 yrs old but through my interactions in the Basketball world, you hear numerous stories and this one is pretty consistent from people who don't know each other that have heard some crazy things about Cal. I could supply a thread for a year just on the stories of him, good, bad, crazy, etc....that you come across but this one has been consistently talked about no matter who you encounter.

This isn't the only instance that health has been used against a program by coaches in recruiting too. Happened with Lou Carnesecca when he was at St. John's with other staffs too and other coaches in various sports. A Georgetown story that is crazy but shows how wild stories get is that when John Thompson thought he was going to get fired after a rough season, he hung a banner that had: "Thompson the NO NO of Racist Words Flop Must Go" --decades later there was a colleague of Thompson that swears Big John put that up himself to protect his status. Georgetown at time hired Big John over fabled HS coach and rival Morgan Wootten of DeMatha and he feared they were going to fire him and hire Wootten.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Most embarrassing moment in US history? You must have slept in history class. Tuskegee ring a bell? I could go on for days but you might not understand.

#1 grown adults should NEVER be interacting with teenagers on social media. That is just dumb. I have my issues with Cal, but I never bash the kids. In fact I blamed Cal for the kneeling.
We are in agreement on both counts. You can't interact on social media with players as a fan. Some folks just don't seem to understand that. And yes, I blame Cal for the kneeling. The players wanted to do it but didn't understand the ramifications of it. Cal knew what would happen. He knows the fan base pretty well and knows they're majority conservative. It was just a bad idea. That's why they did it on the road and not in Rupp, but it was still a bad idea. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Ok....now explain why those same people also find it disrespectful if you are talking during the anthem or do not remove your hat? Is that race too?

If you want you message to be heard, don't do it with a divisive platform. You can attempt to say the intent isnt disrespect and maybe that is true. But if you're doing it during a ceremony that is meant to honor the flag, men and women who have fought under it, and the country that protects your right to protest or disagree w leaders without being jailed or executed for it; then it is going to be perceived as a protest against the country and not the issue you're attempting to address.

I can agree with their right to protest and at the same time disagree with the method they've chosen because the conversation will never be about the intended target if you continue to attempt to tell people how they are supposed to feel and perceive the flag and what it represents TO THEM. The conversation always comes back to "disrespect during the anthem" and not "police reform etc".

Another fun fact, calling someone racist because they disagree with you is also divisive and immediately pits people against each other and creates a defensive environment. Non-racist people don't enjoy being labeled as something they are not in an attempt to make them conform or silence them. Once again making the conversation about something other than the intent.

Wow, another great post!!

Reactions: EliteBlue
We are in agreement on both counts. You can't interact on social media with players as a fan. Some folks just don't seem to understand that. And yes, I blame Cal for the kneeling. The players wanted to do it but didn't understand the ramifications of it. Cal knew what would happen. He knows the fan base pretty well and knows they're majority conservative. It was just a bad idea. That's why they did it on the road and not in Rupp, but it was still a bad idea. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
True, however athletes just can't win sometimes. Most fans here don't want the players kneeling. Most fans here don't want the players saying anything they disagree with on social media. Most fans here don't want to see players at any type of peaceful protest. Most fans here don't want to hear players complaining, ie the female athlete in her video talking about the lack of a weight/training room compared to the male athletes. With many on this board, it will always be "shut up and dribble".

The kneeling probably wasn't the best idea in the world, but it's pretty telling that most here seem way more upset over some teens kneeling for a few minutes than an insurrection that happened a few days before.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Did the fans on twitter being racist azzes turn people off ..... yeah absolutely.. but thats nothing that seals the deal. any coach worth a damn can talk sense into the kid and family that the vast majority of UK fans are good people and the few on twitter are just a very small amount of our fanbase.

The not wanting to play in Cal's offense is something that seals the deal though... the NBA, Nike, AAU, HS all have people bashing Cal's offense for being a dinosaur that hurts shooting and scoring. and Cal has said he wants to recruit shooters and says we need a stretch 4 but has made no moves to do so ...so yeah I'd expect recruits to shy away until Cal actually makes moves to change because words are cheap.

Justus has been miserable..... he leaks too much stuff and is wrong most often when doing so... the recruits he got lead to this sh*t season.... and he's missing on recruits for this upcoming season and then blaming fans... fire this clown

True, however athletes just can't win sometimes. Most fans here don't want the players kneeling. Most fans here don't want the players saying anything they disagree with on social media. Most fans here don't want to see players at any type of peaceful protest. Most fans here don't want to hear players complaining, ie the female athlete in her video talking about the lack of a weight/training room compared to the male athletes. With many on this board, it will always be "shut up and dribble".

The kneeling probably wasn't the best idea in the world, but it's pretty telling that most here seem way more upset over some teens kneeling for a few minutes than an insurrection that happened a few days before.
I hear you nightwish. For my part, I never stopped supporting the team. The older generation (I'm including myself there at age 49) and the younger generation just aren't speaking the same language on this thing. These players see what they did as admirable and as noble. They believed they were doing a good thing and being helpful in using their platform to help people who have no voice. I don't believe the older generation wants to silence them or tell them not to speak out. They just want them to find a different way to express that besides disrespecting (as they see it) the flag, the nation, the anthem, our veterans, and our active military. I don't think these players had any of that on their minds when they were kneeling but that is what the older generation sees.

I think we shouldn't condemn the fans too harshly here. What the entire nation needs is a real dialogue. That has yet to happen. We just stand back and chuck rocks at each other from a distance. So, the issue is never resolved. It's very irritating to me as someone who wants to help promote peace and agreement between people.

• Love
Reactions: cathouse and BBUK
I hear you nightwish. For my part, I never stopped supporting the team. The older generation (I'm including myself there at age 49) and the younger generation just aren't speaking the same language on this thing. These players see what they did as admirable and as noble. They believed they were doing a good thing and being helpful in using their platform to help people who have no voice. I don't believe the older generation wants to silence them or tell them not to speak out. They just want them to find a different way to express that besides disrespecting (as they see it) the flag, the nation, the anthem, our veterans, and our active military. I don't think these players had any of that on their minds when they were kneeling but that is what the older generation sees.

I think we shouldn't condemn the fans too harshly here. What the entire nation needs is a real dialogue. That has yet to happen. We just stand back and chuck rocks at each other from a distance. So, the issue is never resolved. It's very irritating to me as someone who wants to help promote peace and agreement between people.

That is near why I have backed up a whole lot in my posting though I have made known how I see it. No need to pile in or on. Cal made a horrible decision (Actually for all involved. It was a lose, lose decision. It was Cal's decision, not the players.) (I wish and hope Cal can come out from underneath that decision as I was a Cal enthusiast since he arrived. I believed in what his intentions are/were.) (That will come to be found out concerning the decision Cal made in this instance and how it plays out but it may take longer.) Many have to live with it. Good or bad that is what happened.

That is near why I have backed up a whole lot in my posting though I have made known how I see it. No need to pile in or on. Cal made a horrible decision (Actually for all involved. It was a lose, lose decision. It was Cal's decision, not the players.) (I wish and hope Cal can come out from underneath that decision as I was a Cal enthusiast since he arrived. I believed in what his intentions are/were.) (That will come to be found out concerning the decision Cal made in this instance and how it plays out but it may take longer.) Many have to live with it. Good or bad that is what happened.
I'm with you wholeheartedly BBUK. It's a mess that didn't have to be. I wish Cal had redirected the players in a different direction. Let them make their statement in a way that isn't going to alienate 2/3 (or more) of the fanbase. Oh well.

Reactions: Cawood86 and BBUK
They just want them to find a different way to express that besides disrespecting (as they see it) the flag, the nation, the anthem, our veterans, and our active military. I don't think these players had any of that on their minds when they were kneeling but that is what the older generation sees.
To be fair though, it's not really the fans decision on how athletes choose to express themselves. I wouldn't have knelt and I understand why it's a controversial move, but the football team wore BLM shirts and attended a peaceful walk/rally and many on this site said "they're being lied too!" "The team supports terrorists now!" So they shouldn't kneel, they shouldn't wear a specific shirt during a rally, they shouldn't speak out against police brutality...I mean, there seems to be quite a few "they shouldn't" rules some in our fan base have put into place in their own minds.

There most definitely needs to be a dialogue and neither side is helping. I just mainly see the "they shouldn't" side here, so that's what I was addressing.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
In my opinion it was Cal's weakest moment in his career here as far as showing strong leadership.

He failed miserably and whether anyone wants to acknowledge it or not, that was a watershed moment for Cal, the season, and the team.

Cal lost control of the team and never recovered.
Pretty sure the team just sucked. But yes, act like kneeling caused all of this. I'm sure in your mind Cal is already at Texas, we have no recruits, and our pets heads are falling off. Kneeling god you sob!!!!

Seriously though, the team was just bad and I doubt they'll kneel next year and hopefully we'll be better. Has anyone mentioned yet that the UK basketball program seems to do better when a Democrat is President? Hopefully no one's head explodes over that, but it seems to be true and it's just an interesting observation.

Pretty sure the team just sucked. But yes, act like kneeling caused all of this. I'm sure in your mind Cal is already at Texas, we have no recruits, and our pets heads are falling off. Kneeling god you sob!!!!

Seriously though, the team was just bad and I doubt they'll kneel next year and hopefully we'll be better. Has anyone mentioned yet that the UK basketball program seems to do better when a Democrat is President? Hopefully no one's head explodes over that, but it seems to be true and it's just an interesting observation.

Serious or satire...

Talk to me about black father absenteeism and it's effect on the black inner city communities, because all I hear from you is that poor black people are criminals and that's really racist and condescending.
People can pretend it isn't an issue but here's the sad statistics.

Nice twisting of my post.
My post was about Cal's failure at leadership in that moment. But you go ahead and spin it anyway you want.

The season results speak louder than anyone's words.
This team had better talent than 9-16. Something was horribly wrong with team chemistry, leadership, buy-in or something very unusual for a Cal coached team.

The handling of the Florida fiasco was just a symptom of the real problem.

Some day the truth will come out. It always does. Truth always prevails.

P.S. If you were calling me a sob.........you need to think about the message you are trying to convey to others.

I don't know you from Adam and it doesn't matter what I know but, you post reasonably and well. (From what I have read of your posts.)

Nice twisting of my post.
My post was about Cal's failure at leadership in that moment. But you go ahead and spin it anyway you want.

The season results speak louder than anyone's words.
This team had better talent than 9-16. Something was horribly wrong with team chemistry, leadership, buy-in or something very unusual for a Cal coached team.

The handling of the Florida fiasco was just a symptom of the real problem.

Some day the truth will come out. It always does. Truth always prevails.

P.S. If you were calling me a sob.........you need to think about the message you are trying to convey to others.
I was clearly not calling you an sob lol. Funny you call it the "Florida fiasco". We beat Florida that day btw. Some fiasco. Maybe they should have kneeled before the Louisville game too. To me it's pretty clear our pg play wasn't up to the standard we're used to and most of our guys weren't as talented as we thought. Cal didn't have a clue as far as lineups go and the team clearly didn't learn from their mistakes, which is why they kept peeing down their leg with 4 min to go. In an odd and shortened season, it all just snowballed. They're better than 9-16, but in a normal year, this team still probably ends up with 9-11 losses imo.

I don't know you from Adam and it doesn't matter what I know but, you post reasonably and well. (From what I have read of your posts.)
Thank you.
This site is cursed with posters who take your posts totally out of context of the conversation and try to twist the narrative to meet their agenda.

Sometimes I think they are just trolls trying to stir up trouble among the fanbase.

It seems they love our fanbase and our nation being divided. I hate it.

Reactions: BBUK
Thank you.
This site is cursed with posters who take your posts totally out of context of the conversation and try to twist the narrative to meet their agenda.

Sometimes I think they are just trolls trying to stir up trouble among the fanbase.

It seems they love our fanbase and our nation being divided. I hate it.

It is probably the best they can do. Give them the benefit of the doubt when you can. Be Good

Yes. Anything that causes the kind of turmoil in the fanbase like what went down in Florida, I would label it a complete " fiasco".
fi·as·co
/fēˈaskō/
noun
a thing that is a complete failure, especially in a ludicrous or humiliating way.

What would you call it? It created a mess, whatever label you want to out on it. And another mess is not something Cal or this team needed to be dealing with.

They had plenty of other problems that needed to be resolved, both internal and external, that never got resolved.

That is a failure in leadership. And that is on Cal. Like it or not. The buck stops at him.
So in your opinion the before the game protest was a failure, ludicrous, and humiliating. That's fine, you're entitled to that opinion. The only mess it created was some in our fan base coming here to complain (that's what rafters does best) and a guy on facebook proudly set his wardrobe on fire. I think it's a bit ludicrous that about 15 of you can't let it go and want to keep talking about it, even though we all know you Captain America's don't stand up in your man caves when the anthem is being played on your tv's before big events like the Super Bowl. Now, if you do set your wings to the side and stand next to your recliner with your hand over your heart, I apologize. But you don't. And you don't like the message the players are sending about police brutality. That's your main issue. You'd rather they shut up and play while you get to go online and complain about anything you want to.

I don't know how I can make it any plainer to you. The "fiasco" was not the kneeling, it was not about beating Florida, it was about the uproar that it has caused which has divided the fanbase. That is the fiasco.

And Cal should have been savvy enough to see this coming from a mile off and handled it better.

Cal's leadership failures have only added to the fiasco that has been created because of the Florida event.
Maybe Cal told them some in the fan base wouldn't be supportive. Would you rather Cal threaten to suspend players who kneel? That'd go over well too. I don't know what happened to Cal the coach, but Cal the man knows this is a conservative state. Again, would you rather him punish the players? Frankly, I'm more disappointed in our record and not the kneeling. The ones upset about that aren't standing for the anthem in their own homes before games. Others more times than not would be in line getting snacks at Rupp and not facing a nearby flag with their hats against their hearts. We get it. Conservatives LOVE flags. American, Confederate, Trump flag. They have a thing for colorful fabrics hanging above their heads. It's cute I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT