ADVERTISEMENT

NC State ACC Champs

Cal Cultists: "UK's loss doesn't look bad with all the upsets this week (ignoring the two top 7 picks on our roster and one All-American). It's so hard to win!"

Let's dance, cultists! It's Kool-Aid time!

reverend-jim-jones.gif

Have lived and breathed ACC Hoops for 40+ years and this is stunning. I am totally shocked. Congratulations to North Carolina State University. 2024 ACC Champions!! I was at the Duke @ NCSU game earlier this month and State sucked. Last ACC Championship 1987. And they once had more of them than anyone. (The official Champion of the ACC has always been the tournament winner. ) they had to watch Duke (22) and unc-chapel hill branch (18) soar past them in Championships. This is incredible, even if the league was admittedly terrible this year. W-O-W!!!

Last edited:
Cal Cultists: "UK's loss doesn't look bad with all the upsets this week (ignoring the two top 7 picks on our roster and one All-American). It's so hard to win!"

reverend-jim-jones.gif
UK loss is better than 3 of the teams ahead of us loss this week.

Well, there were two teams that put as much possible effort as they could to win the tournament. North Carolina knew they would be a one seed no matter what but obviously wanted to equally win. It clearly was important to each.

Then there is Cal who says he doesn't care about the SEC tournament. Great attitude........Not!

NC State is exactly the type of team that would give UK trouble. That big guy would destroy us down low. They rebound well.
Based on what I've seen this weekend and watched from Kentucky last night--any team in this Tournament will beat them. Their guards refuse to keep their men in front of them and the bigs allow other teams to seal them. It's a chaotic disaster defensively.

Don't care what the bracket says--I'm picking UK to lose 1st Rd in all of them tomorrow.

ACC took a flyer from SEC.
Got another undeserving team in the tournament.
$2M to the ACC coffers. Ca-ching!!
This year it seemed like some of the big conferences tried to get an extra bubble team or 2 in, wonder if officials were told to call games tight on one end and loose on the other. Thought that happened to both UK and UT

Reactions: cathouse
This year it seemed like some of the big conferences tried to get an extra bubble team or 2 in, wonder if officials were told to call games tight on one end and loose on the other. Thought that happened to both UK and UT
It sure looked that way.
Coincidence???

reverend-jim-jones.gif
I get what you’re saying but you’re comparing basketball to a guy that forcefully poisoned parents and kids, and humiliated people by bringing them into the middle of his village and forcing them to shove hot peppers up their a**?

A little over the top.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but the NCAA has incentivized some shenanigans with the conference tournaments getting an auto bid.
It's the money. That is the incentive. More teams in the tourney. More money for the conference coffers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT