ADVERTISEMENT

NC State ACC Champs

Based on what I've seen this weekend and watched from Kentucky last night--any team in this Tournament will beat them. Their guards refuse to keep their men in front of them and the bigs allow other teams to seal them. It's a chaotic disaster defensively.

Don't care what the bracket says--I'm picking UK to lose 1st Rd in all of them tomorrow.
This frustrates me more than anything. There was one play where the much smaller TAMU guy just backed into Ivisic and easily sealed him giving them a wide open layup. It's so hard to watch that. Have to fight through that crap.

The big kid had a great game and was fun to watch. He used Bacot down on the blocks.
And he hit his first three-pointer on the season last night that’s how well things were going for NC State. He’s fun to watch, has a great attitude. He’s very skilled and is an excellent passer. And he flies totally under the radar in the Country. Certainly because NC State has not been very good this year, but he deserves to be talked about regardless. People see the overweight, big body and tend to dismiss him. He’s deceptively very good!

Reactions: flacat22
And he hit his first three-pointer on the season last night that’s how well things were going for NC State. He’s fun to watch, has a great attitude. He’s very skilled and is an excellent passer. And he flies totally under the radar in the Country. Certainly because NC State has not been very good this year, but he deserves to be talked about regardless. People see the overweight, big body and tend to dismiss him. He’s deceptively very good!
I really hadn't watched Burns play prior to this ACC tourney. I felt almost like I do when I watch UK just watching him and rooting hard for them. Just so fun to watch. Burns is the classic don't judge a book by its cover. Doesn't look like he should be able to do the things that he does. But, he makes it happen and his shot always looks so smooth. Makes it all look easy.

Reactions: Neue Regel
This year it seemed like some of the big conferences tried to get an extra bubble team or 2 in, wonder if officials were told to call games tight on one end and loose on the other. Thought that happened to both UK and UT

From some stuff I’m reading today. People are suggesting that State winning may have pushed fellow conference member Virginia out of the tournament. Any of the Quad experts have any thoughts on that theory?

Speaking of, if you believe in the team of Destiny thing and all that stuff check out the clip of what State had to do just to survive Virginia in the semi final. State down 3 went full court with a little over 5 seconds and hit a high up on the backboard banked in 3 just to send it to overtime.

From some stuff I’m reading today. People are suggesting that State winning may have pushed fellow conference member Virginia out of the tournament. Any of the Quad experts have any thoughts on that theory?

Speaking of, if you believe in the team of Destiny thing and all that stuff check out the clip of what State had to do just to survive Virginia in the semi final. State down 3 went full court with a little over 5 seconds and hit a high up on the backboard banked in 3 just to send it to overtime.
That finish against UVA was crazy. If UVA's 85%+ FT shooter simply makes 1 FT, it's all over and NCSU is done. But, he missed, UVA didn't foul (should have!) and then that miracle banked in 3. Just amazing. And then Burns just took over in OT. Was so wild watching him just abuse the same UVA guy over and over in OT. Just could not stop him!

Reactions: Neue Regel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT