ADVERTISEMENT

Sallis to zags

It’s a worse shame it don’t bother you.
It “doesn’t” bother me. You are in the small minority of UK fans that is does bother. All fan bases have bad apples. Unfortunately, looks like those are the ones that may start costing recruits.

It was either Hunter himself or a member of his family that said they were turned off by the way UK fans acted online. Don't blame Justus for that.

Imagine that!!

I've never seen anyone blast a player, coach, athletic director, or each other here!

Last edited:
Kentucky replaced North Carolina as the cool school.

Then Duke replaced Kentucky.

And now Gonzaga has replaced Duke.

The days of Kentucky being the cool school are now as distant as they were in the mid-late 2000s. It’s past time to adjust, in many ways.
We should have Joe Namath make a commercial showing all the things UK
Fans are entitled to.

Reading Kyle Tucker’s comments. People are saying “racist” UK fans is what caused Sallis to gonzaga....WTH? Being mad over kneeling is racist?!?!?!??? I hate this world man.

I can't help but laugh.. I mean, I'm fairly conservative, I don't want players to kneel.

But at the same time.. the players play the game. And I'd guess 80% or more players feel the way our guys did. Kentucky fans taking a hard stance against the kneeling on social media was only going to hurt the program.

Now again.. I'm not saying the players or the woke party was in the right, at all. I guess I just saw the predicament of a situation like this. Voice your discontent is fine, but it may come with a cost.

It's unfortunate that of 351 D1 schools, it seems only Kentucky players did this. Any other big conference program makes a statement by kneeling.. the same thing happens: Fans get mad as they're mostly conservative, they go to social media, the players see it, a rift is cauased. This isn't something that just applies to Kentucky.. But it IS something that seems only our players did.

And I will blame Cal for not stopping this. But what a hard spot to be in at the same time.

If more in our fanbase called out the racists and morons this would be less of a problem.

Just wait till he gets to pros (if) and listens to the harsh fan critique there. That narrative about UK fans crack me up. Also, Gonzaga has a good thing going with player continuity, so let’s see if that continues with their new found 1 and done success. K has gotten all that 1 and done talent and hasn’t been to a Final 4 since 2015, just like us.

It “doesn’t” bother me. You are in the small minority of UK fans that is does bother. All fan bases have bad apples. Unfortunately, looks like those are the ones that may start costing recruits.
Well, IMO, we don’t need any more AAU players only out for themselves and using UK as a 8 month pit stop.

I can't help but laugh.. I mean, I'm fairly conservative, I don't want players to kneel.

But at the same time.. the players play the game. And I'd guess 80% or more players feel the way our guys did. Kentucky fans taking a hard stance against the kneeling on social media was only going to hurt the program.

Now again.. I'm not saying the players or the woke party was in the right, at all. I guess I just saw the predicament of a situation like this. Voice your discontent is fine, but it may come with a cost.

It's unfortunate that of 351 D1 schools, it seems only Kentucky players did this. Any other big conference program makes a statement by kneeling.. the same thing happens: Fans get mad as they're mostly conservative, they go to social media, the players see it, a rift is cauased. This isn't something that just applies to Kentucky.. But it IS something that seems only our players did.

And I will blame Cal for not stopping this. But what a hard spot to be in at the same time.
Nothing hard about it unless you're a guy who has no convictions and respect. It's easy for those types. It's easy to give into the mob. It' takes courage to resist. Cal gave in.

Nothing hard about it unless you're a guy who has no convictions and respect. It's easy for those types. It's easy to give into the mob. It' takes courage to resist. Cal gave in.

I get that

But while the "fans buy the product".. they don't MAKE the product. With no workers (players) there is no product to be sold in the first place.

Hard situation, most of us disagree with the kneeling incident. And you don't want to just roll over on your beliefs and values.

But it's pretty clear that in 2020.. the players values are vastly different than the values of the fans.. almost polar opposites. If us as fans disagree with the players.. How do you handle that?

Reactions: Fox2monk

This is far from the truth. Many teams knelt throughout the season, including as recent as the NCAA tournament.

that sounds like something justus leaked. No source if he did but it does sound like it. I mean cmon, if you have a chance to play at the best basketball program in america, and make millions of dollars going to the NBA are you turning it down because some fans are mean about winning 9 games, online?
If it is true it sounds like the exact kind of player we don’t need.

A “small” portion of the fan base doesn’t accept it. And unfortunately that small group sheds a bad light to these recruits. It’s a shame that this kneeling bothers you that much.
You will see how small the portion is if fans are allowed back in and Cal and the team pulls this again.

“I think”

Tucker is selling his narrative, didn’t even say if he’s reporting a fact or just giving his opinion on the matter.

That’s part of the problem with “journalism” nowadays, they use their Twitter handles as a vehicle for their “reporting” as well as their personal thoughts and opinions.
💯

You are right!

Cal is in a tough spot with the kneeling stuff.

If he had not knelled, he would be called a racist for sure.

If he knelled, he would be blasted for doing it, and he was.

This probably has already been stated, but I haven't read (and not going to) read the whole thread.

UK has basically had five black starters since I can remember. This is some ridiculous chatter with zero basis or truth.
I hate this world, everything is racist. Don’t support the big narrative? racist. Don’t support a certain ideology? racist.
You are right!

Cal is in a tough spot with the kneeling stuff.

If he had not knelled, he would be called a racist for sure.

If he knelled, he would be blasted for doing it, and he was.

This probably has already been stated, but I haven't read (and not going to) read the whole thread.
The marxist playbook out in full force. Agree with it or be called a racist.

Drew Franklin just said yes the kneeling stuff is part of Sallis not coming here but the biggest reason is because of how critical the fan base was of all of the players and team this season and they didn't like that. Eventually these players will have to deal with criticism so I don't understand that but maybe its just a combination of everything.

Drew Franklin just said yes the kneeling stuff is part of Sallis not coming here but the biggest reason is because of how critical the fan base was of all of the players and team this season and they didn't like that. Eventually these players will have to deal with criticism so I don't understand that but maybe its just a combination of everything.
I guess he will retire at 20 when mean NBA fans tell him to please get traded.

If more in our fanbase called out the racists and morons this would be less of a problem.
If our coach had any humility he would have advised his kids against kneeling. He sure as heck wouldn't have kneeled with them if he didn't have a mega ego. Nobody cares about your politics until you make it an issue. It's Cal's fault that these kids got roasted online and if we lost a recruit because of it, it's on him not fans.

College kids kneeling pretty much anywhere other than the leftist bastions of the country would get the same treatment. It is divisive everywhere not just Kentucky.

I hate this world, everything is racist. Don’t support the big narrative? racist. Don’t support a certain ideology? racist.

I don't think its about supporting the biggest thing....it probably has more to do with the fact that every movement that has anything to do with the African American community immediately triggers our fan base. Considering the region.....the history of the school.....and many other things it doesn't look good when protesting inequality immediately sets off the fanbase.

😅😅😅 Put 24000 fans in Rupp and tell the team to go kneel. The booing might challenge Rick's final flip the bird to the fans Rupp exit.

I don't think its about supporting the biggest thing....it probably has more to do with the fact that every movement that has anything to do with the African American community immediately triggers our fan base. Considering the region.....the history of the school.....and many other things it doesn't look good when protesting inequality immediately sets off the fanbase.
where’s the inequality?

Ding Ding Ding.

Its an authoritarian move as old as time itself. Chastise and label anyone who disagrees with your view so that others who may also disagree or who are in the neutral area are afraid to voice their opinion because they don't want to be ostracized. And then the ignorant will accept screaming and chastising as truth because they are easily manipulated. EX: "jews are dirty and bad and the cause for all of the worlds problems"

I get that

But while the "fans buy the product".. they don't MAKE the product. With no workers (players) there is no product to be sold in the first place.

Hard situation, most of us disagree with the kneeling incident. And you don't want to just roll over on your beliefs and values.

But it's pretty clear that in 2020.. the players values are vastly different than the values of the fans.. almost polar opposites. If us as fans disagree with the players.. How do you handle that?
It's very simple. I am the coach. You are the player. I will support you in your efforts on equality and justice. I will meet with you and help you to meet with others. I will march with you for those things. I will speak out on your behalf if you want me to, for those things. I will let you speak out for those things.
I will not disrespect the very symbol of freedom and those that gave everything for it. We will not do that as long as I am coach here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT