ADVERTISEMENT

SAD: Clemson got absolutely screwed by the refs.

Can someone please link the Ark game thread for me ? ts not showing on my threads

The last second one was technically* a foul, but refs let that go in 95% of games. They called it because it was Duke at home. If that’s us on the road, zero chance we get the whistle

Reactions: IIIBradIII
The last second one was technically* a foul, but refs let that go in 95% of games. They called it because it was Duke at home. If that’s us on the road, zero chance we get the whistle
Not to me. Defender jumped straight up, hands straight up. Proctor initiated the contact. That color commentator was sucking Duke schlong all game and was practically pounding the table saying that was the "right" call. Lol, so bad.

I was watching it as well and it was so blatant that the color guy on the broadcast (Cory Alexander maybe?) had to just flat out lie on national TV to cover for that awful screw job.
Let me just say it again...I absolutely HATE Dook. I HATE their program, their ridiculous high school gym they play in and most of all I absolutely HATE their gay-ass retard fans. They kept showing crowd shots during the broadcast and what a bunch of LOSERS! Some dork girl actually had a baby doll strapped to her belly while another was dressed like a goofy nun. They actually have choreographed chant sheets which includes personal info about opposing players. They can all eat shit as far as I am concerned.
Yeah, this isn't a very PC post but, I honestly do not care. Dook sucks, their fans suck and the whole program can suck it!

Two plays in a row in last minute of the game with Clemson player making surer to stand straight up with arms straight up. Refs gave Duke fouls both times. Decided the game
ESPN commentators screaming “LOOK AT THAT YEAH CONTACT ON THAT THATS A FOUL” over and over. Sickening.

Reactions: struggler
They almost waited too late to call the last one. Wonder what they'd have done if they'd hesitated and heard the buzzer?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Even Jay Williams said no foul. I do agree with him (a first) that Clemson made a couple of late game TOs that you can't make. A couple of habit (stupid) passes that lead to a Duke layup.

Reactions: pardaisy
I was watching it as well and it was so blatant that the color guy on the broadcast (Cory Alexander maybe?) had to just flat out lie on national TV to cover for that awful screw job.
Let me just say it again...I absolutely HATE Dook. I HATE their program, their ridiculous high school gym they play in and most of all I absolutely HATE their gay-ass retard fans. They kept showing crowd shots during the broadcast and what a bunch of LOSERS! Some dork girl actually had a baby doll strapped to her belly while another was dressed like a goofy nun. They actually have choreographed chant sheets which includes personal info about opposing players. They can all eat shit as far as I am concerned.
Yeah, this isn't a very PC post but, I honestly do not care. Dook sucks, their fans suck and the whole program can suck it!
Blueworld, I just wanted to be sure...so you don't like Duke? Is that right?

:p

I think it was the right call but it's a call UK would never get and Duke never fails to get.

Duke guard initiated the contact and even led with this left arm. No call or offensive. Now I know zebra not going to call offensive. Should have been a no call. I do believe also the ref on the baseline under the basket made the call.

Reactions: gharding07
If you're Duke, just flail arms into a guy whenever you need some FTs...
I always wonder how the Duke guards all learn how to throw that head back as they drive like they got hit in the chops without turning it over. They all do it all the time even when no one is close to hitting them in the face. That's just like a flop. Should be a technical.

Last edited:
It should have never came down to that last shot. Proctor pushed off twice when driving. The second time he fully extended his arm for the push off. Not to call the fouls that freed him up for that shot and then call that tap on the hand after the ball was gone was egregious.

Last edited:
I always wonder how the Duke guards all learn how to throw that head back as the drive like they got hit in the chops without turning it over. They all do it all the time even when no one is close to hitting them in the face. That's just like a flop. Should be a technical.
I know you likely know this, but it's absolutely because they teach that bush league crap. They taught it the entire time K was there and it's continuing. They'll gladly use any and all underhanded tactics to secure an edge. And because they somehow (still not sure on why) became a media darling they absolutely get the benefit of every doubt.

If I was running a league, I'd end that type of shit real quick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT