ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

I apologize guys I got busy. I'm going to have to go with Dominique Wilkins. Unstoppable scorer and great defender.

This pick may be a bit of a reach but I’ll take one of the greatest scorers of all time in Kevin Durant. 6’9 and one of the greatest scorers of all time. In a 7 game series you need a guy who can score 40 at any time and KD is that guy for my team. I think he’s already done enough to be mentioned as a top 20 player all time and he is still going.

@gossie21 you up

Defender of what?
Aside from Larry Bird, who I argue could score on anyone (Just like all of the great players) Nique usually held his opponent in check. Here's a quote about the head to head matchup.

"The Celtics and Larry Legend were not the only winners on this day. Dominique Wilkins had his defining moment and established himself as a true superstar of the league.

However, the fans who witnessed this incredible symphony of athleticism, leadership, and hunger to win were the true winners. Bird finished this epic battle with 34 points—with 20 coming in the decisive fourth quarter. Wilkins had a career performance by posting 47 points—with 14 coming in the final frame. He was an incredible 19-of-23 from the field."

Wilkins actually outplayed Bird by far. However, look at Bird's teammates compared to Nique's.

I love Durant, but I’m a little surprised he’s picked this early. He just doesnt have the longevity of an all-time great yet. Ultimately that may not matter so much.

I wanted to go with a shooter this round too. I’ve heard you can never have too many shooters. So why not pick from the top of the all-time 3 point shooters list? An ultimate competitor, with a dash of dirty play, an extra helping of elite shooting and just enough crazy for my liking.

Give me Reggie Miller

FancyWebbedElephant-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Nkycatfan17
I love Durant, but I’m a little surprised he’s picked this early. He just doesnt have the longevity of an all-time great yet. Ultimately that may not matter so much.

I wanted to go with a shooter this round too. I’ve heard you can never have too many shooters. So why not pick from the top of the all-time 3 point shooters list? An ultimate competitor, with a dash of dirty play, an extra helping of elite shooting and just enough crazy for my liking.

Give me Reggie Miller

Durant has played 11 years, 9x all star, already 4x scoring champ, career 27 ppg. Not even counting being a 7x All-NBA, with another coming this season. He’s achieved more than a good amount of really good NBA players and he’s only 29.

Reactions: drcats2013
Durant has played 11 years, 9x all star, already 4x scoring champ, career 27 ppg. Not even counting being a 7x All-NBA, with another coming this season. He’s achieved more than a good amount of really good NBA players and he’s only 29.
Love Reggie miller, but I’d take Durant over Reggie, and it’s not really close for me. Reggie averaged 18 ppg, only made 5 all star appearances, AND just shot 1% higher than Durant (so far) in career 3 point percentage.

Reactions: UKcats1988 and Aike
He’s really only 29? Oh my goodness.

I wouldnt have considered him this early but that doesn’t make him a bad pick. If you want Durant you gotta take him now because he wont be there 22 picks later.

Reactions: jwhite123
He’s really only 29? Oh my goodness.

I wouldnt have considered him this early but that doesn’t make him a bad pick. If you want Durant you gotta take him now because he wont be there 22 picks later.
Yep exactly why I took him. Hard thing about being around the turn is if you want a guy, you have to take him because he’s gone. There’s really no one like Durant left considering his size and ability so I took the leap.

Give me Reggie Miller

To be fair, I would take Durant before Reggie Miller. But you can never have enough shooters.

@miracle7s is OTC.

Now we get to the fun part. Top 10 or so are pretty scripted. Things get interesting from here.
Is it weird that I already know who I want in the 4th round, but I’m not so sure about the 3rd round? My picks are close enough together I might just take him earlier than I think he’s supposed to go.

Is it weird that I already know who I want in the 4th round, but I’m not so sure about the 3rd round? My picks are close enough together I might just take him earlier than I think he’s supposed to go.

I'm 8 picks out and there's 5 excellent picks left but there's also one guy I really want even if it's too early and I might just grab him and not risk it, so I get it.

Malone was a steal but adding Dirk confuses me. In todays game maybe you can work with that. Style of play over the generations is an interesting factor

Reactions: Aike
No business is a pretty strong statement. Malone was first team All NBA for 11 consecutive seasons.
You consider Karl Malone a top 14 player? I could understand it around 20, but you aren’t winning anything with him being your best player.

It's 4am and I just got home from a long night. Usually I never disagree with Ray Charles or Steve Marriott but they sang "I don't need no doctor, cause I know what's ailing me" and it just so happens I do need a doctor. One that can slide in next to Timmy and wreck foolios. So give me the Doctor. Julius Erving to be precise. @UKNorse OTC

Give me The Logo...Mr. Clutch....Mr. Outside...Mr. Jerry West

Going old school on you whippersnappers....and get off my damn lawn!

You consider Karl Malone a top 14 player? I could understand it around 20, but you aren’t winning anything with him being your best player.

All of these guys are only as good as the personnel you put around them. We’ll see how it goes. But yeah, you can win as Dirk being your best player so the same with Malone.

ADVERTISEMENT