ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

Did I mess something up with the original order?

No, in the original list, before you set the draft order, HotelBlue was listed right after UKNorse. I mistakenly looked at that list when I tagged HotelBlue.

No, in the original list, before you set the draft order, HotelBlue was listed right after UKNorse. I mistakenly looked at that list when I tagged HotelBlue.

Gotcha. I thought maybe I flip-flopped gossie and miracle7s when I was listing them by giving them the wrong number.

Reactions: Aike
Seriously. I have a full page description of the reason I am picking Tim Duncan ready to post.

My second choice after Timmy was the Dream Shake. Very similar players with excellent footwork on the block, Hakeem was a little better defensively. The Dream is an all-time top-20 scorer and rebounder, and the #1 all-time for blocks.

If Jordan would have gotten sidelined earlier for gambling I think Olajuwon would have a few more titles as well.

200.gif

My second choice after Timmy was the Dream Shake. Very similar players with excellent footwork on the block, Hakeem was a little better defensively. The Dream is an all-time top-20 scorer and rebounder, and the #1 all-time for blocks.

If Jordan would have gotten sidelined earlier for gambling I think Olajuwon would have a few more titles as well.

200.gif

I think Hakeem is the better player between he and Duncan. Better career for Timmy.

If Hakeem had been part of the Spurs organization during the last 25 years, we'd look at him a lot differently.

Duncan is great too. I wonder how recently retired guys will be viewed by voters. Are they stuck between current recency bias and nostalgia or do we appreciate them already?

200.gif
Nice pick, but how would he have done better if Jordan went down? Jordan was in the east and Hakeem never lost to the bulls.

Can I play Bird at PF or SF, or strictly SF in my lineup?
You could play Bird at PG or C if you like. It's all up to you and how you want to structure your roster.

It's interesting although not surprising that 6 of the top-11 picks so far are Centers (one F/C).

Reactions: drcats2013
You could play at PG or C if you like.

It's interesting although not surprising that 6 of the top-11 picks so far are Centers (one F/C).

I agree, and it's why I was afraid I'd *have* to take LeBron at 2.

I assumed Kareem would go first. I absolutely wanted to go Center with my first pick and I've given Wilt too much grief over the years, plus I couldn't pass on LeBron because he's one of the 2-3 best players of all time.

I was afraid I'd be starting Jamal Magloire if I took LeBron, because historically, unless your team had Michael Jordan on it, a dominant center was the key to a dynasty.

We'll see if voters are swayed by the current small ball trend or if the giants still reign.

I agree, and it's why I was afraid I'd *have* to take LeBron at 2.

I assumed Kareem would go first. I absolutely wanted to go Center with my first pick and I've given Wilt too much grief over the years, plus I couldn't pass on LeBron because he's one of the 2-3 best players of all time.

I was afraid I'd be starting Jamal Magloire if I took LeBron, because historically, unless your team had Michael Jordan on it, a dominant center was the key to a dynasty.

We'll see if voters are swayed by the current small ball trend or if the giants still reign.
For my purposes I hope the voters like the more mobile and multi-dimensional all-time centers. And I hope they like gifs.

I was sure that either Duncan or Hakeem would fall to me, but nonetheless here I am. I think this is a point in the draft where we start to go down a tier. So my selection is one of the most underrated players in NBA history IMO, Moses Malone. Also I need a big to somewhat match up with everyone else lol.

@Pizza Slice youre OTC

Reactions: GonzoCat90
For my purposes I hope the voters like the more mobile and multi-dimensional all-time centers. And I hope they like gifs.

I think I'm higher on Hakeem than most, but I don't understand why others aren't. I'd take him over Bill Russell.

I was sure that either Duncan or Hakeem would fall to me, but nonetheless here I am. I think this is a point in the draft where we start to go down a tier. So my selection is one of the most underrated players in NBA history IMO, Moses Malone. Also I need a big to somewhat match up with everyone else lol.

@Pizza Slice youre OTC

Good pick. I was curious how far he'd fall, because you're right, he's completely underrated somehow.

Reactions: jwhite123
I think I'm higher on Hakeem than most, but I don't understand why others aren't. I'd take him over Bill Russell.
I would defend Bill Russell as a top-5 NBA player all-time until my dying breath. But his stats suggest he was more of a rich man's Ben Wallace. Lots of titles tho.

I would defend Bill Russell as a top-5 NBA player all-time until my dying breath. But his stats suggest he was more of a rich man's Ben Wallace. Lots of titles tho.

He was absolutely a rich man's Ben Wallace in the right place at the right time. I think he's top 15 for defense and rebounding alone, but a 6'9 center shooting 40% from the field always jumps out to me.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Hakeem was better. Guys in this stratosphere have to be two-way legends.

Eh, twice a champ in college, 5 time MVP in the league to go with all those titles. Ben Wallace? I’m all for trash talk but come on man. [laughing]
Yeap. People don’t value defense like they should. He was the best ever on D and obviously played winning basketball. He should be penalized slightly due to his offense, but not at the rate some here are.

Good pick. I was curious how far he'd fall, because you're right, he's completely underrated somehow.
I think Malone fell Victim to playing in the same timeframe as the best big man of all time. Even if Kareem’s best years were before Moses really got going. He was overshadowed by Kareem and rightly so. Even with how great a player he was he really only gets the secondary praise.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Eh, twice a champ in college, 5 time MVP in the league to go with all those titles. Ben Wallace? I’m all for trash talk but come on man. [laughing]
I generally will put Russell #3 all time. But if you compare their stats and just their stats they are similar players. Make an argument for him based on scoring, rebounds, shooting percentages. It's difficult to do.

Russell obviously had a certain je ne sais quoi that puts him in a different stratosphere. He was a winner. The best to winner to ever play the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotelblue and Aike
ADVERTISEMENT