ADVERTISEMENT

RUN-DMC to perform at Kansas Late Night

Surprised no one brought up the connection between them.

rund-dmc-adidas-world-tour.jpg

Isn't one of the Run DMC guys a preacher now? Had a house renovation show on HGTV.

Edit; one was shot and killed in 2002
He’s about as much of a preacher as I am. Russell Simmons’ brother, Rev Run.

Luther Campbell and Two Live Crew were KU's first pick, but they were already booked.

According to Wikipedia Run-DMC’s “years active” were 1983 to 2002…So this is twenty years after their 20 year run.

The people still alive associated with the group are nearly 60…To be honest and for the safety of the elderly they should change the name to “Walk-DMC.”

This falls firmly into the “Cool - for Kansas” category.
They more or less fell off the map after their 1993 album. They never had any hits after that album. So you can basically add another 10 years.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Listen, Run DMC as it stands in 2021 are pretty much irrelevant. But I gotta say ... King of Rock comes on and I'm turning it up. Loud.

There's something to be said for something coming full circle and going from irrelevant to retro and thus cool again.

It would probably be worse if they went with T-Pain or Nelly or Petey Pablo.

And obviously the ADIDAS thing with Run DMC, too.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Boys 2 Men have a good sound...or Three Dog Night for the grandparents 😉

Someone call Mitch and demand the Kentucky Head Hunters be our band at BBM then cue the cloggers. While they’re playing music and clogging have Cal drive a new Cadillac on the court full of fake money.

In between the men’s and women’s game, do they plan to kick some car doors at mid court, strangle some coeds, and shoot fans with bb guns?

Asking for a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT