ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not a fan of Duke, but I love what they are doing for these kids

This is a great thing that Duke does as well as the Iowa football team and the wave to the sick kids in the hospital. I saw a feature on ESPN about the kids in Iowa and it was special to see that something as simple as a wave can make them smile.
The best damn tradition in college football. IMO

Reactions: catzfanjim
If and it’s a big if that we finish strong, maybe win the SECT, and or get to a final 4 then people will give Cal some more time. Keep flaming out and the more people will jump on board. This team has been fun and some changes have been made which Is a step in the right direction.
I’m sure some will swing back toward wanting cal to stay but I’m guessing for the majority that want him gone it will take more than a hot post season. I love this team and love watching them play but even a national championship isn’t going to make me want cal to stay. I don’t like how he runs the program, how he manages the roster, his very poor coaching (or lack thereof on most occasions), his prioritization of NBA draft over winning titles, or his condescending attitude for the KY fans. I’m ready to get KY pride instilled back into the program. Not happening with Cal. Just my .02

I’m sure some will swing back toward wanting cal to stay but I’m guessing for the majority that want him gone it will take more than a hot post season. I love this team and love watching them play but even a national championship isn’t going to make me want cal to stay. I don’t like how he runs the program, how he manages the roster, his very poor coaching (or lack thereof on most occasions), his prioritization of NBA draft over winning titles, or his condescending attitude for the KY fans. I’m ready to get KY pride instilled back into the program. Not happening with Cal. Just my .02
I totally understand that, I don’t think even if it goes bad that he leaves or gets fired but it definitely won’t happen off a great final four run or especially a title.

What bothers me about this post is that you all are foaming at the mouth licking Dukes ass when they do this and it's so great, but when Cal does much more than this...you all hate him. Cal has raised Millions of Dollars for this state for Flood Relief in Eastern Kentucky and Tornado relief in Western Kentucky. Plus all the other good he does with washing of the feet and giving them new shoes while teaching his men to serve others and to be humble. Him and the team serves dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas to the less fortunate....while y'all sit on your couch with your bellies full watching football or asleep.

The point is, Cal has done alot for this state, honestly more than most politicians have and you all keep voting the bastards that don't do shit back into office.

But if Cal loses a game, its all....FARRRRRR CAL! and you're ready to run him out of the State!

The ones that get offended with this post, need to look in the mirror...you're part of the problem.

Thankfully, this only applies to a small part of this "fanbase"....and I use the word "fan" very loosely.

Y'all have your priorities mixed up....SERIOUSLY!

GET HELP!

Most of these programs/people with them are good people and have heart. It's perfectly normal to detest each other in competition but when away from it, we'd find that most are likeable people.

Reactions: NociHTTP
What bothers me about this post is that you all are foaming at the mouth licking Dukes ass when they do this and it's so great, but when Cal does much more than this...you all hate him. Cal has raised Millions of Dollars for this state for Flood Relief in Eastern Kentucky and Tornado relief in Western Kentucky. Plus all the other good he does with washing of the feet and giving them new shoes while teaching his men to serve others and to be humble. Him and the team serves dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas to the less fortunate....while y'all sit on your couch with your bellies full watching football or asleep.

The point is, Cal has done alot for this state, honestly more than most politicians have and you all keep voting the bastards that don't do shit back into office.

But if Cal loses a game, its all....FARRRRRR CAL! and you're ready to run him out of the State!

The ones that get offended with this post, need to look in the mirror...you're part of the problem.

Thankfully, this only applies to a small part of this "fanbase"....and I use the word "fan" very loosely.

Y'all have your priorities mixed up....SERIOUSLY!

GET HELP!
Could you please refrain from this language? Pretty please? And what's with the personal attacks? I don't know your age, but I do know that before Cal came here the expectation was that you're paid to win games. Not paid to pump up draft night, hide players who are afraid of getting boo-boos or upset that they lost their starting spot. It needs to be a school effort to do these events to help people, not publicity stunts throughout the state where you don't have to risk criticism of your coaching performance. He needs to do these things IN RUPP. Make it about the basketball program.

• Haha
Reactions: 247CATS
Could you please refrain from this language? Pretty please? And what's with the personal attacks? I don't know your age, but I do know that before Cal came here the expectation was that you're paid to win games. Not paid to pump up draft night, hide players who are afraid of getting boo-boos or upset that they lost their starting spot. It needs to be a school effort to do these events to help people, not publicity stunts throughout the state where you don't have to risk criticism of your coaching performance. He needs to do these things IN RUPP. Make it about the basketball program.
This is gold.

When helping people who had their lives ripped apart by floods and tornadoes across Kentucky, we all know the best place to do that is at Rupp Arena. The real important thing in all of this is the basketball program, obviously.

Priorities, people.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
When helping people who had their lives ripped apart by floods and tornadoes across Kentucky, we all know the best place to do that is at Rupp Arena. The real important thing in all of this is the basketball program, obviously.

Priorities, people.
At least Dook is doing it the right way! So so glad OP is properly awed by them.

And really sad to know that OP was offended by foul language. Poor girl.

I loved the article. Thanks for posting it. I hadn't heard of this and I hope UK does something like this...if not now, then soon. Sounds like a great and uplifting thing.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
One good thing about Cal is he is all about doing things like this. I'd love if we did it too, even all the hate of Duke in my heart wouldn't keep me from supporting us doing something similar.

Reactions: susan2361
At least Dook is doing it the right way! So so glad OP is properly awed by them.

I'm still trying to figure out how it's a publicity stunt to hide from criticism doing charity across the state, yet having it in Rupp Arena to help the image of the basketball program is somehow not the very definition of a publicity stunt.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I'm still trying to figure out how it's a publicity stunt to hide from criticism doing charity across the state, yet having it in Rupp Arena to help the image of the basketball program is somehow not the very definition of a publicity stunt.
You’re trying to find logic in a statement with no logic. It’ll drive you crazy.

Reactions: podgejeff_

C'mon now. What Duke did at that game was fantastic. They made that girl "part of the program". We're interested in UK winning, and that's how you do it. Again, I don't like their team and some stuff that's happened over the years, but you can't deny that what they did was awesome. Finally, I think that most here are very civil people. Periodically I clear out my blocked list (very few people, actually) to try and give people chances, but invariably the same ones who aren't respectful or love to incite this sort of stuff end back up on the list :)

Hey @BelfryKYCatFanatic you know how @NociHTTP wants you to "refrain from this language"

Check this out. Oops....
Sit, Shit & Split

It sure as shit doesn't happen as a result of overworking on anything because the team always plays the first good opponent on the schedule looking like it's never heard of an offense.

Cal talking about his "dogfight" lol. Says the FL guards are good. No shit. Every team's guards are good against us.

I'd say Cow is "Built for March"ing his ass on out of here at season end.

Holy Shit, if we can play like this going forward :D

Yeah, off the end of the bench when Cal plasters his ass on the other end.

Ugo is providing ZERO help on offense.

And now we're back to this stupid shit defense.

Thiero continuing with his weak-ass drives.

Any decent coach would have ripped his ass, and the other lazy dudes on this team, but not Cal.

C'mon now. What Duke did at that game was fantastic. They made that girl "part of the program". We're interested in UK winning, and that's how you do it. Again, I don't like their team and some stuff that's happened over the years, but you can't deny that what they did was awesome. Finally, I think that most here are very civil people. Periodically I clear out my blocked list (very few people, actually) to try and give people chances, but invariably the same ones who aren't respectful or love to incite this sort of stuff end back up on the list :)
Really not sure if you missed my point or don’t understand it. I didn’t say anything about what Duke did not being a good thing. Don’t worry about it. As well, if you are threatening with ignore, please do it. I stand by my opinion. I don’t hate you, I don’t not like you, I just think your rational on this specific topic is seriously flawed. Have a great day. Apologies for being bitchy with the poor girl comment. I’ll own that one.

Reactions: thedahc
This

Reactions: podgejeff_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT