ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan the Intern Lays It Out

Saw his posts this morning. Nothing most of us haven't been feeling or saying for years, but good to see it in an article for a change. Not that Matt will let it stay up on KSRadio

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I agree with most of the articles in that feed.

The most important issue now is for the administration to do a thorough evaluation of the coaches - all of them - and make a decision on what is best for the University of Kentucky’s bb program going forward.

No more extended contracts, please…

They didn't really say anything in that video.

As far as the article goes, nothing new there, either. Cal stopped running the "Welch offense" when it became obvious that it would take attention away from his other recruits. He couldn't stand the fact (or was scared of Daddy Wagner's reaction) that the three R's were blowing opponents out of the water, and DJ / Bradshaw / Edwards were taking a back seat to all of it. Cal's entire mission this season was to coddle these guys along to what he hoped would be a record-breaking NBA draft class in June.

They didn't really say anything in that video.

As far as the article goes, nothing new there, either. Cal stopped running the "Welch offense" when it became obvious that it would take attention away from his other recruits. He couldn't stand the fact (or was scared of Daddy Wagner's reaction) that the three R's were blowing opponents out of the water, and DJ / Bradshaw / Edwards were taking a back seat to all of it. Cal's entire mission this season was to coddle these guys along to what he hoped would be a record-breaking NBA draft class in June.

Too bad he made the entire team look bad with his piss poor coaching. He couldn't coach ice cream to melt in the last two arenas we played in. Tall about killing the golden (gold-laying) goose... he's strangled it and threw it in the wood chipper for spite

Reactions: catzcan
I agree with most of the articles in that feed.

The most important issue now is for the administration to do a thorough evaluation of the coaches - all of them - and make a decision on what is best for the University of Kentucky’s bb program going forward.

No more extended contracts, please…
This is the most level-headed, logical post I’ve seen on this board during a meltdown. Teach me your ways 😂

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
"I am furious that John Calipari caused a significant split in this fanbase with his “basketball school” comments. Dividing the fanbase like that was one of the worst things he has done."

Northeast liberals doing what they do best. Ye old divide and failure tactics.

I can't wait for John to go. It's time to stop the cycle of abuse. Abuse ofthe fans, the school and the history of this state.

"I am furious that John Calipari caused a significant split in this fanbase with his “basketball school” comments. Dividing the fanbase like that was one of the worst things he has done."

Northeast liberals doing what they do best. Ye old divide and failure tactics.

I can't wait for John to go. It's time to stop the cycle of abuse. Abuse ofthe fans, the school and the history of this state.
So only liberals came make stupid, divisive comments?
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

If Cal can't win against a 14 seed with this team, he isn't going to win another title here. Best shot might be to go be an asst coach at UConn
i said in ‘15 if he couldn’t win with that team he’d neve win another title

We all want the same thing (I hope). Kentucky winning basketball games. And there will always be debate on whether our coach is doing that correctly unless they are delivering national titles on the regular.

As long as we're in the hunt and the debate is because we're "right there" ..... this is the Gold Standard for fans, players, coaches, etc.

But now, now we have a problem. At some point perception becomes reality. At some point, criticism becomes hating, the program starts defending decisions rather than considering their outcome. At some point both sides dig in to defend opinions and my first line becomes moot. Suddenly, we're not all pulling for the same thing anymore.

Like marriage ending because of irreconcilable differences, we once loved each other. There are good qualities in both, but too much water under the bridge has passed. It will never be like it was. We're at the point now of how long each side is willing to be miserable before one of them finally says enough.

I loved Tubby. Especially as a man, ton of respect. But there came a point where he couldn't be successful anymore. The marriage ran its course. Once we got there, I had to acknowledge it was time.

I hated the thought of a John Calipari hire at UK. But the kids he brought in have stayed out of trouble, his life lessons of washing feet for impoverished communities and donating shoes is humbling and grounding for our players. And his recruiting and basketball was top shelf. I 100% changed my opinion on him. And now, we've reached that day where I have to remind coach of his words. "You know, its probably a 10 yr job here." 150% right coach.

I don't hate Cal. He's provided some great teams and memorable players. But we have gotten to this point if we're honest there isn't any fixing it now. Let's figure out a way to end this without hurting each other more.

“I am furious that John Calipari caused a significant split in this fanbase with his “basketball school” comments. Dividing the fanbase like that was one of the worst things he has done.”

I take exception here. UK is a basketball school. Those who are trying to create equality across all sports including football by not recognizing this are enabling the demise of our program. UK basketball shouldn’t be treated like tennis or football or swimming or whatever. It is the reason we have the large fanbase we do. Football first people need to grow a pair because our football team will never succeed at the level our basketball program can. It’s this mentality of trying to change uk away from being a basketball school that is killing our program. If we’re not a basketball school the man forget any top caliber coach from coming. If we re not a basketball school forget that second tier coach being able to bring in talent. Yes the university with the richest tradition in college basketball is a basketball school. Barney trying to change that will be a fatal error. People need to realize it and accept it. We have a middle of the road football team and this is the greatest stretch of football in uk history. Recognize and accept the truth. It shouldn’t be divisive when it’s truth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT