ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not a fan of Duke, but I love what they are doing for these kids

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023

I'm unable to embed the link since Yahoo isn't a valid media source. Does UK do something like this for kids at the games? Just a beautiful thing.

People get mad when we wash feet and give away shoes. Winning basketball games is the only thing that matters here. Remember the thing about priorities not being in the right place? I believe it was you that complained about Cal benefing from “good doings”.

Last edited:
People get mad when we wash feet and give away shoes. Winning basketball games is the only thing that matters here. Remember the thing about priorities not being in the right place? I believe it was you that complained about Cal benefing from “good doings”.

I just can't wait for the clown to be gone. He's an embarassment to Lexington and the men's basketball program. Let him go foot-wash and kneel to the flag somewhere else and talk about how much he loves the NBA, while we get a coach in here who isn't a habitual liar and wants UK to be the best of the best....
Yeah....

I'm unable to embed the link since Yahoo isn't a valid media source. Does UK do something like this for kids at the games? Just a beautiful thing.
I loved the article. Thanks for posting it. I hadn't heard of this and I hope UK does something like this...if not now, then soon. Sounds like a great and uplifting thing.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

There are a lot of folks that feel Calipari doesn't have his priorities straight, and rightfully so. He's paid to win and win big. You can do great things and win titles.

There are a lot of folks that feel Calipari doesn't have his priorities straight, and rightfully so. He's paid to win and win big. You can do great things and win titles.
I mean it's not like Jon Scheyer is setting the basketball world on fire right now either.

Right, he’s paid to win games, not do good deeds for the unfortunate according to you, so why are you asking if we do what Duke does? You have established that Cal benefits from good deeds which is somehow a negative. Considering all of that, I don’t get why you would want us to do this?

Right, he’s paid to win games, not do good deeds for the unfortunate according to you, so why are you asking if we do what Duke does? You have established that Cal benefits from good deeds which is somehow a negative. Considering all of that, I don’t get why you would want us to do this?
Why would anyone not want us to do this?

Last edited:
Why do you haters speak in multiples?

What’s “a lot”?

The 20-25 members of the cult?

Have your own opinion for once and stand for it.
You really underestimate the number of people who are ready for a new coach, and I mean really underestimate. Numerous social media sites are littered with negative comments on cal, I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends, acquaintances, colleagues, etc that aren’t ready for a change. Hate to break it to you sporto but people like you are in the minority, not the other way around.

Anytime I see someone do something like this for a child, they have my uptmost respect.

My brother is the head of Lexington’s chapter of the Ronald McDonald house, which is on UK’s campus. I sent him this link and maybe it could spark an idea. It is really hard to finagle things of this scale though, having to coordinate with the families and all of the different departments or administrators that might be involved.

Side note, I’m writing this, because if you’re someone who donates to charities, it can be hard to know which ones are fulfilling their promises and which ones are tax shelters and image clubs: Ronald McDonald house is a solid charity that provides housing and other services for kids with severe illnesses and their families. They don’t waste a lot of money on things like celebrity endorsements, mailers, executive salaries, etc. He was previously with Children’s Miracle Network. Not a good charity, especially when it comes to resource allotment.

Duke has a good medical school and hospital, and with that a Ronald McDonald house.
My son had surgery there at Duke Eye Center when he was 7 after being attacked by a dog, to repair his tear duct.

Quoted the post from you below. Just so everyone can see the post about you saying Cal's "good-doings" are all for him.

Praise Duke's "good-doings" and mock Kentucky's.

Kind of interesting

Because his priorities are in the wrong place, and have been for a long time. If you think that Cal doesn't consider how HE benefits from good-doings, I don't know what to tell you. If he was so wonderful for the state and program, he wouldn't be making fun of fans. Except for the stop-gap failure that BCG was, the state of the program THEN is pretty darn similar to NOW. It's almost without question that one of the stark differences between Cal and his successor will be that the new guy will attempt to create as much separation between UK and NBA Draft Night as possible. We need a coach in here who is all about conference and tourny championships. Period.

My dad's given over 70,000 to Shriners over the last 20 years. I'm weary of giving to charity because so many have been busted funneling that money into their own pockets.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
This is a great thing that Duke does as well as the Iowa football team and the wave to the sick kids in the hospital. I saw a feature on ESPN about the kids in Iowa and it was special to see that something as simple as a wave can make them smile.

Was wondering why the David Jones thread was bumped. Now I see. Is somewhat weird that someone would love the good deeds being done at Duke, but have a problem with the good deed that have been done here. Little odd.
It's because @NociHTTP hates Cal so much they cannot ever even admit one single thing he has done is good without throwing in some sort of caveat.

Hate is blinding. I don't know why anyone would want to let it envelop them.

Reactions: Emarc
You really underestimate the number of people who are ready for a new coach, and I mean really underestimate. Numerous social media sites are littered with negative comments on cal, I don’t know anyone in my circle of friends, acquaintances, colleagues, etc that aren’t ready for a change. Hate to break it to you sporto but people like you are in the minority, not the other way around.
Almost none of my friends feel the way you do. We get frustrated by some of the losses and Xs/Os decisions at times but I know very few people that are 100 percent gung ho on getting rid of Cal.
I think you are in the minority.

Reactions: thedahc
Almost none of my friends feel the way you do. We get frustrated by some of the losses and Xs/Os decisions at times but I know very few people that are 100 percent gung ho on getting rid of Cal.
I think you are in the minority.
you say almost none of your friends feel the way I do? Well none and I mean zero, zilch, nada, of my friends feel the way you do about cal. Maybe it’s a 50/50 split but there is certainly no shortage of uk fans who have had it with cal. To suggest it’s just a small fringe of the fanbase could not be further from the truth.

you say almost none of your friends feel the way I do? Well none and I mean zero, zilch, nada, of my friends feel the way you do about cal. Maybe it’s a 50/50 split but there is certainly no shortage of uk fans who have had it with cal. To suggest it’s just a small fringe of the fanbase could not be further from the truth.
A full Rupp Arena speaks louder than my words. Till Rupp is half empty I'd say you hang around with some negative dudes.

Reactions: thedahc
A full Rupp Arena speaks louder than my words. Till Rupp is half empty I'd say you hang around with some negative dudes.
That means absolutely nothing 😂. I’ve been to a game this year and there were a lot of empty seats plus there are only 20,500 seats and 4.5 million population. Despite cal, this is still a fun team to watch and my disdain for cal will not keep me from watching them or even going to a game should I choose.

That means absolutely nothing 😂. I’ve been to a game this year and there were a lot of empty seats plus there are only 20,500 seats and 4.5 million population. Despite cal, this is still a fun team to watch and my disdain for cal will not keep me from watching them or even going to a game should I choose.
Never in my lifetime seen a coach fired that was filling an arena or stadium regularly. It just doesn't work that way.
Your theory on Cal's popularity doesn't ring true at this point.
That said....I can see a case where that could change quickly with a sub par team if this year goes south.

Never in my lifetime seen a coach fired that was filling an arena or stadium regularly. It just doesn't work that way.
Your theory on Cal's popularity doesn't ring true at this point.
That said....I can see a case where that could change quickly with a sub par team if this year goes south.
If cal will be fired or not wasn’t the conversation at hand, it was how does the fanbase as a whole view cal at this point. You think the majority of people have no issue with cal and want him to remain our head coach, I think the majority are ready for a change. Polls taken here have shown about 75% ready for a change if I recall. I know some like to say this board is not a true reflection but there is zero basis for that.

If cal will be fired or not wasn’t the conversation at hand, it was how does the fanbase as a whole view cal at this point. You think the majority of people have no issue with cal and want him to remain our head coach, I think the majority are ready for a change. Polls taken here have shown about 75% ready for a change if I recall. I know some like to say this board is not a true reflection but there is zero basis for that.
Time will tell. My money is on Cal being at UK until Rupp is half empty. That's when a move will be made.
A meaningless poll on this website is not a factor at all.

My dad's given over 70,000 to Shriners over the last 20 years. I'm weary of giving to charity because so many have been busted funneling that money into their own pockets.
This happens... but you can look up, and I forget the IRS code, the way charities use money. St. Jude and finally, wounded warriors are my 2 that I use.

Reactions: michaeluk26
But the trolls are very active in this thread..... your last user name before you were banned?

I was banned about 8 months ago for reasons that I still don’t understand. I’m afraid I will get rebanned if I give that info, considering I didn’t violate any rules the first time.

Time will tell. My money is on Cal being at UK until Rupp is half empty. That's when a move will be made.
A meaningless poll on this website is not a factor at all.
Not sure why you keep bringing up how long cal will be here as it’s irrelevant to our dialogue. Rupp has never been half empty on a consistent basis anyway. It wasn’t during 9-16 and it wasn’t during BG’s two years. No real way to know what side the majority is on, you have your opinion, I have mine, we can just leave it at that.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Nobody on here dislikes what Cal does for the community or his generous acts. The problem was the team was bad for year after year and with no changes and these events happened to take the spotlight off of it. It’s like that’s great, do these good deeds but also remember you have a team to coach, you are here to win games as well.

If and it’s a big if that we finish strong, maybe win the SECT, and or get to a final 4 then people will give Cal some more time. Keep flaming out and the more people will jump on board. This team has been fun and some changes have been made which Is a step in the right direction.

Someone is being very quiet in this thread but has been posting in others. Hmmmm
That someone is busy wishing Shaedon a miserable short life while judging others morals in the next breath. That’s almost weird as a dude pretending to be a woman on the internet.

Reactions: 247CATS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT