ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored transfers

Wandale has been good but not great his two years at Nebraska. I looked up his stats, and he only had 1 touchdown this year. Number of receptions and yds per game look pretty good. Also looks like they've been using him in the Wildcat quite a bit. Has some decent rushing numbers. He's exactly what we need though, a speedy slot receiver that can create separation and get open down the field.

Is he fast enough to be our Robert Woods with the handoff fake out of the backfield?

Reactions: ryanbruner
must be collective denial, because this thread practically has him already in UK’s huddle breaking SEC records.
I'm not saying thats its going to for sure happen. Just that hes coming back home....Matt is reporting the staff is trying to land a receiver that we all could guess who that is....and that within the next week or 2 we may find something out.

Reactions: TheBlueCat
Wandale has been good but not great his two years at Nebraska. I looked up his stats, and he only had 1 touchdown this year. Number of receptions and yds per game look pretty good. Also looks like they've been using him in the Wildcat quite a bit. Has some decent rushing numbers. He's exactly what we need though, a speedy slot receiver that can create separation and get open down the field.

He got his ribs rattled on that one TD. Showed toughness. And, then, came back in the game when it looked as if he might be gone with injury. He made a sliding catch on the sidelines that helped Martinez’s stats.

No not yet if he does jump in the portal we will know within the next week I'd think because hes coming back home this week. Im sure people will be in touch with him over christmas break.
If wandale is coming he’s not the savior for the program that you are selling. The days of all eggs in one basket are over. Could he help maybe. You will see more people step up and be larger contributors to make the offense go. Ali is considering coming back. The younger WRs will get more too.

If wandale is coming he’s not the savior for the program that you are selling. The days of all eggs in one basket are over. Could he help maybe. You will see more people step up and be larger contributors to make the offense go. Ali is considering coming back. The younger WRs will get more too.
I agree with this. He’s a nice playmaker but averaging 9 YPC does not scream game breaker can’t miss guy.

Is he fast enough to be our Robert Woods with the handoff fake out of the backfield?
Good question as we'll run those kind of WR run plays multiple times a game and we'll use a WR with good feet and running skills......and Yes Wandale is fast enough.

If we get Josh Ali back (as rumored), Wandale to the slot, etc...the WR core might not be quite as bad in 2021 as we expected.

I agree with this. He’s a nice playmaker but averaging 9 YPC does not scream game breaker can’t miss guy.
Just going by the posts on Nebraska’s board , their quarterback must be bad , lots of talk about getting a quarterback that can get their playmakers the ball and throw the ball accurately downfield. I’ve not watched any Nebraska games so I have no idea.

I was hoping the Parks kid that went to Clemson might want to come home . But he was getting snaps in the ACC championship game as a true freshman, so it must be going pretty good for him . Kid must be pretty good.

Anyone else notice a trend. Incoming transfers will make an immediate impact. Outgoing transfers were never good enough to play here :)

Yes!!!
Sound like a certain fan base in the largest city in the Commonwealth.
“His backup is just as good or better than him”

Just going by the posts on Nebraska’s board , their quarterback must be bad , lots of talk about getting a quarterback that can get their playmakers the ball and throw the ball accurately downfield. I’ve not watched any Nebraska games so I have no idea.
I think he will be a big help but I think it’s probably important we keep the expectations in check until we see what he can do

No way he's better that CRod. If Ali is back Ali will be better as will Upshaw.
He was a Paul hornung awrd finalist the year Lynn Bowden won. He’s absolutely better that Ali. And comparing him to upshaw is dumb since they play two different positions.

He was a Paul hornung awrd finalist the year Lynn Bowden won. He’s absolutely better that Ali. And comparing him to upshaw is dumb since they play two different positions.
I believe he was talking about skill set in general and production for the team. CRod is a different player too. We have to have people that can produce and isn’t a cancer in the locker room. Kudos to stoops for making this coaching move. Tells me he’s all in to win here.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Pay attention. The original claim was that he would be the best player on offense from day 1. It wasn't restricted to position.
Okay well regardless of position he would be the second best skill player on the roster behind Crod. And even that could be debated

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Take a look at the

Exactly.

Look at the all-american list from PFF. Just one example. Trolls will troll tho
I like Ali more than most. He's not a primary receiver which was his problem. He was asked to be the Ace when he's better off being a solid pass catcher. Ali isn't a highlight play maker which is why he doesn't look so good to some. However if you ask him to pick up 7 yards he does so rather consistently depending on the throw. The only way Ali will impress is if he's in a high pass volume system. He's not so his bulk numbers aren't there.

Keep in mind that if he were here WR wouldn't be the #1 either. He would play a very similar role as Ali. CRod is the only one in this conversation that can really function as a go to guy.

The college transfer portal is similar to free agency in professional sports, there is a reason the player is available; coaches will need to balance transfers with keeping kids currently on roster happy. Take too many transfers and eventually other staffs will be use that in recruiting. I suspect in most cases, transfers will be from Power 5 to Group of 5 conferences.

With a new coach there won't be any guaranteed positions on offense. Everyone gets a fresh start...hopefully, we'll get a spring game this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT