ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored transfers

Its the stuff I dream of I dont even have to imagine it lol. Every night I go home and think about Beau Allen throwing for 5k....3k of which are to Drennen and Wandale.
That's definitely something I hope Coen can give us.

Id love to be wrong but I believe you guys thinking it’s Wandale are dreaming . Its probably Hudson .
He talked about Hudson before this.....the conversation went "Kentucky leads for VaTech Olineman Bryan Hudson......and then theres a bigger guy out there and I'm sure you can all guess who...."

Reactions: yoshukai
He already was talking about Hudson the conversation went "Kentucky leads for VaTech Olineman Bryan Hudson......and then theres a bigger guy out there and I'm sure you can all guess who...."
Great ! Just my opinion but I think the Robinson kid would be more likely. I know and like the whole Yeast family but surely Matt wouldn’t consider Russ a “bigger “ transfer. I don’t think Russ can help our team at this point.

If Coach wants these guys here, that's fine with me. Until they're in UK blue and white, (once they go somewhere else), they don't register with me. Just the way it is.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
Well Wandale gets the best of both worlds. Gets to play for his two favorite teams. Nice work.

Interesting how just changing the OC has changed our whole WR core. Does this show Eddie Gran was scaring away higher WR talent from coming here? Coen is going to have so much riding on the offense next year, we better have a dynamic offense.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I will say this..with Coen we'll run WR sweep plays about 3-4 times a game...and Wandale would be really strong iwth that kind of stuff. so we'll see.

Its the stuff I dream of I dont even have to imagine it lol. Every night I go home and think about Beau Allen throwing for 5k....3k of which are to Drennen and Wandale.
As long as that is a dream and not an expectation. Corn said he has a run first philosophy and would expect to run 50-55% of the time. Forcing the defense to defend the run, then using shifts, motion and tempo to confuse the defense and allow short-mid catches in space and let the speedy receivers make plays. No one is throwing for 5000 yds.

As long as that is a dream and not an expectation. Corn said he has a run first philosophy and would expect to run 50-55% of the time. Forcing the defense to defend the run, then using shifts, motion and tempo to confuse the defense and allow short-mid catches in space and let the speedy receivers make plays. No one is throwing for 5000 yds.

I like the 50-55% run as long as the passing game is successful and productive. No more throwing 25 times for 78 yards.
I'd love to see the offense where our leading running back (C-Rod) goes for 1000 yards. Back up running backs account for another 900 or so yards between Smoke, Tisdale, and McClain. With another 150 to WRs on jet motion sweeps.
Our QB throws for 3000-3500 yards with about 25 TDs.
Top WR goes for nearly 1000 yards. Next WRs go for 500-750 yards. Spread the passing game around so defenses can't key off on 1 WR.
If the formations, motions, and misdirection works, this could be a very good offense. With a solid defense, won't need to average 50 points to win games. If the offense averages 10-14 more points per game, we will be a very solid football team.

I only want us to be X% this and X% that if things are working well in both aspects. If we can't run the ball against someone, or they're daring us to throw the ball, we better throw the damn ball well. I don't give a flying fk about percentages.

If we can take what the defense is giving us each play, that's excellent, because they are always giving you something. If we run up the middle with the box stacked against us, when they're giving us slants and other looks all day, we better be destroying their DL and getting to the second level with our OL.

Run what works with the players we have against the team we are playing and let the nerds dwell on the stats and percentages.

(Who wouldn't love it if we could do anything we want against any team in our league. If this OC gets us there, great! We're not there right now though and who knows how far off until this covic fkry is over. )

That’s fine 5k yards passing and 3k rushing as a team is all I’m asking.

Wandale is a whole lot of east/west and undersized. Bad combo in the sec.

If we're looking for someone to help? Sure. If he thinks he's going to come be the focal point? No thanks.
He’s instantly the best player on the offense when he steps on campus. The staffs selling point would be that he will be the focal point of the offense lol.

He’s instantly the best player on the offense when he steps on campus. The staffs selling point would be that he will be the focal point of the offense lol.
Not sure I can go there but he would give us another play maker. CRod might have something to say about that. Also, who knows about Drennan at this point. I hope that if he does end up transferring, that he is a book worm, understanding the offense will be half of the battle.

He definitely would not be the best player on offense by any stretch. Crod and upshaw are both much better and that's without debate.

I personally suspect we have 2 or 3 guys on the perimeter that are better talents too. Although I agree that's debatable.

He would definitely help though, that I agree.

Reactions: ekywildcat
He definitely would not be the best player on offense by any stretch. Crod and upshaw are both much better and that's without debate.

I personally suspect we have 2 or 3 guys on the perimeter that are better talents too. Although I agree that's debatable.

That’s very debatable especially for Upshaw. I love Upshaw upside but Wandale put up 800 total yards as a true freshman and is putting up similar stats this year an a horrific team. Upshaw went off for under 200 receiving yards lol. Crod I agree is probably a better player right now but it is very much debatable

Reactions: ryanbruner
That’s very debatable especially for Upshaw. I love Upshaw upside but Wandale put up 800 total yards as a true freshman and is putting up similar stats this year an a horrific team. Upshaw went off for under 200 receiving yards lol. Crod I agree is probably a better player right now but it is very much debatable

Upshaw was only limited by opportunity. With coens focus on TEs, that does a complete 180. It might change as soon as the bowl game with marrow calling plays

Not sure I can go there but he would give us another play maker. CRod might have something to say about that. Also, who knows about Drennan at this point. I hope that if he does end up transferring, that he is a book worm, understanding the offense will be half of the battle.
CRod maybe but you should go look at CRods numbers and Wandales numbers and get back to me. You might be surprised.

CRod has put up 1300 yards of offense in 3 years.....Wandale has 1500 in 2 years. Upshaw isn't in the conversation. The dude is in the fight for his life for second team reps with Rigg coming back.

• Haha
Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT