ADVERTISEMENT

Rumored transfers

CRod has put up 1300 yards of offense in 3 years.....Wandale has 1500 in 2 years. Upshaw isn't in the conversation. The dude is in the fight for his life for second team reps with Rigg coming back.
Not arguing about either being good players, they both are. But that is the fallacy of relying on straight stats. Including that 3rd year in CRod's numbers leaves out the fact that he was spelling the best RB for UK in a long time, maybe ever.

Not arguing about either being good players, they both are. But that is the fallacy of relying on straight stats. Including that 3rd year in CRod's numbers leaves out the fact that he was spelling the best RB for UK in a long time, maybe ever.
Yes sure but the fact that this is even a conversation is my point. Wandale would be a focal point of this offense.

Reactions: sieken
Going by the early gossip and Coaching updates, I was expecting multiple transfers in and additional signings by now... and we have seen none of that. Does anyone has any real info or updates?
It will happen just give it a little bit. Im not sure about the additional signings but the transfers are coming. You have to remember everyones seasons are ending at different times.

CRod has put up 1300 yards of offense in 3 years.....Wandale has 1500 in 2 years. Upshaw isn't in the conversation. The dude is in the fight for his life for second team reps with Rigg coming back.

CRod was not needed his true frosh year like Wandale was needed at Nebraska. CRod’s numbers reflect essentially two years of play. They are clearly not comparable players. CRod makes Wandale better and vice versa.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
CRod was not needed his true frosh year like Wandale was needed at Nebraska. CRod’s numbers reflect essentially two years of play. They are clearly not comparable players. CRod makes Wandale better and vice versa.
Sure but my point is CRod is good enough to be a focal point of the offense in the running game. The passing game would be centered around Wandale as both are NFL guys. We can't start pretending like guys who are future NFL draft picks would just have to settle for being an after thought here.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Sure but my point is CRod is good enough to be a focal point of the offense in the running game. the passing game would be centered around Wandale as both are NFL guys. We can't start pretending like guys who are future NFL draft picks would just have to settle for being an after thought here.

I like Wandale. I think he has better hands than Bowden, but not the same juice. He gets compared to Moore and I don’t think he is that dynamic.

Reactions: Soupbean
Sure but my point is CRod is good enough to be a focal point of the offense in the running game. The passing game would be centered around Wandale as both are NFL guys. We can't start pretending like guys who are future NFL draft picks would just have to settle for being an after thought here.
I felt he was a big miss when he decommitted, my thoughts haven't changed, especially after watching the offense struggle this year.

He’s instantly the best player on the offense when he steps on campus. The staffs selling point would be that he will be the focal point of the offense lol.

Lol. No. He's a good player, but not instantly the best on campus.

I like the 50-55% run as long as the passing game is successful and productive. No more throwing 25 times for 78 yards.
I'd love to see the offense where our leading running back (C-Rod) goes for 1000 yards. Back up running backs account for another 900 or so yards between Smoke, Tisdale, and McClain. With another 150 to WRs on jet motion sweeps.
Our QB throws for 3000-3500 yards with about 25 TDs.
Top WR goes for nearly 1000 yards. Next WRs go for 500-750 yards. Spread the passing game around so defenses can't key off on 1 WR.
If the formations, motions, and misdirection works, this could be a very good offense. With a solid defense, won't need to average 50 points to win games. If the offense averages 10-14 more points per game, we will be a very solid football team.
Just my opinion. Ideally we should run about 75-80 plays per game. CRod should get 20-25 carries a game with another 20-25 or so split up between Smoke and the rest. maybe 5 or 6 QB runs tacked onto that depending on who's at QB. 25-30 passes per game. Next year will probably be CRod's last, assuming he will opt for the NFL if he has a productive season. He could easily have 1300-1500 yards rushing over a whole season and a bowl game if he stays healthy and averages 20-25 carries per game.

Is he...

Trollin or drunk....

I like Wandale. I think he has better hands than Bowden, but not the same juice. He gets compared to Moore and I don’t think he is that dynamic.
He makes guys miss like Bowden and is quite a bit faster but he isnt as strong as Lynn. Lynn also had ridiculous balance. Wandale doesnt get a ton of volume at Nebraska because....well quite frankly Frost is an idiot.

Reactions: bigbluemist
Lol. No. He's a good player, but not instantly the best on campus.
Our best defensive player is Jamin Davis. Wandale is better than Jamin. Our best offensive player is either Kinnard or CRod....Kinnard may not be coming back and CRod is strictly a RB whereas Wandale is used at RB, WR, PR, and KR.......also Wandale is likely to be drafted prior to any second tier RB.

He makes guys miss like Bowden and is quite a bit faster but he isnt as strong as Lynn. Lynn also had ridiculous balance. Wandale doesnt get a ton of volume at Nebraska because....well quite frankly Frost is an idiot.

I hope that isn't the Genesis of his transfer. My guess would be that he won't be happy here either.

I hope that isn't the Genesis of his transfer. My guess would be that he won't be happy here either.
If he is coming it would be because Coen and Stoops are selling him on getting a specific amount of touches over the next two seasons while also becoming the face of the team. I wouldnt worry too much about that.

This I was just about to ask if was even in the portal.
No not yet if he does jump in the portal we will know within the next week I'd think because hes coming back home this week. Im sure people will be in touch with him over christmas break.

If he is coming it would be because Coen and Stoops are selling him on getting a specific amount of touches over the next two seasons while also becoming the face of the team. I wouldnt worry too much about that.
I don't think they can sell him on anything yet, unless I don't understand the rules correctly. I'll be happy camper if he's in Blue and White next year.

Our best defensive player is Jamin Davis. Wandale is better than Jamin. Our best offensive player is either Kinnard or CRod....Kinnard may not be coming back and CRod is strictly a RB whereas Wandale is used at RB, WR, PR, and KR.......also Wandale is likely to be drafted prior to any second tier RB.

Just because he can play multiple positions would not make him the best offensive player on campus. Since you brought the defense into it, Justin Rogers is better. Paschal is better. Tisdale and Douglass might be as well.

On O CRod, Allen maybe, and possibly Drennen. We haven't seen enough of the last 2 to know. We'd find out if he transfers in and if there is a season next year.

If anyone is the focal point of an offense and that much better than everyone else, it's not likely they'll get many yards since everyone will be keying on them. We won't know what we have until our QB is hitting receivers in stride.

He's got talent, sure. No one is denying that. It's silly to put him on such a pedestal, though

I don't think they can sell him on anything yet, unless I don't understand the rules correctly. I'll be happy camper if he's in Blue and White next year.
Yea just my opinion but these rumors arent just coming from no where. It came from Matt Jones and Jones gets all of his info from Vince Marrow so you can probably put 2 and 2 together. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything lol but I'm sure Wandale has had the idea thrown at him by someone at some point.

Just because he can play multiple positions would not make him the best offensive player on campus. Since you brought the defense into it, Justin Rogers is better. Paschal is better. Tisdale and Douglass might be as well.

On O CRod, Allen maybe, and possibly Drennen. We haven't seen enough of the last 2 to know. We'd find out if he transfers in and if there is a season next year.

If anyone is the focal point of an offense and that much better than everyone else, it's not likely they'll get many yards since everyone will be keying on them. We won't know what we have until our QB is hitting receivers in stride.

He's got talent, sure. No one is denying that. It's silly to put him on such a pedestal, though
Hahaha

Reactions: gobigblue812
Just my opinion. Ideally we should run about 75-80 plays per game. CRod should get 20-25 carries a game with another 20-25 or so split up between Smoke and the rest. maybe 5 or 6 QB runs tacked onto that depending on who's at QB. 25-30 passes per game. Next year will probably be CRod's last, assuming he will opt for the NFL if he has a productive season. He could easily have 1300-1500 yards rushing over a whole season and a bowl game if he stays healthy and averages 20-25 carries per game.

I would love to see C-Rod get 20-25 carries per game as a featured back. My ideal offensive breakdown, assuming the offense is clicking and both the run and pass is working would be:

Rushes
C-Rod - 22 carries
Smoke - 8 carries
McLaine/Tisdale - 7 carries total
QB runs/scrambles - 4
Jet Sweep - 3

Passes - 34
Wide Receivers - 21
Tightends - 10
Backs - 5

That would be 78 plays with a 56%-44% run/pass ratio. Still running the ball more. Which Stoops likes. But adding better routes for our receivers, more passes that should produce better results.

Yea just my opinion but these rumors arent just coming from no where. It came from Matt Jones and Jones gets all of his info from Vince Marrow so you can probably put 2 and 2 together. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything lol but I'm sure Wandale has had the idea thrown at him by someone at some point.

Just checked the Nebraska Rivals Board, and there isn't even an inkling of him transferring out...

Tisdale is a backup next season, Douglass cant crack the 2 deep, Rogers is learning the position and was a third stringer, Drennen isnt close to Wandale....in fact Drennen was brought in on the idea of we need to find someone to replace some of what Wandale would have given us....Beau has thrown 7 passes and isnt a solid producer at a P5 program. I genuinely don't want to engage with you much more because you mentioned dudes that made no sense to mention but it was funny to hear someone say Moses Douglass whos a kid who needed 2 waves of COVID to hit 2 position groups to touch the field is better than a guy whos likely to be on the All Big-10 Team

BTW I think all of those guys at some point will be really good. Douglass needs to move to linebacker to play.

Last edited:
Wandale is a player that would change gameplans and create a ton pressure on a defense to cover, opening things up for other guys. Especially in the Rams type offense which is huge on pre snap movement and misdirection.

Hard to overestimate how game changing he would be for us

Just checked the Nebraska Rivals Board, and there isn't even an inkling of him transferring out...
This isnt a case of someone who would leak something to Nebraska or their media because there is bad blood between our staff and theirs over Wandale. Let Scott Frost find out that people were communicating with his players and see how fast he'd report them lol. We as Kentucky fans only know about it because of what Matt Jones said and he didnt even mention a specific name he just said a receiver that everyone knows basically.

Tisdale is a backup next season, Douglass cant crack the 2 deep, Rogers is learning the position and was a third stringer, Drennen isnt close to Wandale....in fact Drennen was brought in on the idea of we need to find someone to replace some of what Wandale would have given us....Beau has thrown 7 passes and isnt a solid producer at a P5 program. I genuinely don't want to engage with you much more because you mentioned dudes that made no sense to mention but it was funny to hear someone say Moses Douglass whos a kid who needed 2 waves of COVID to hit 2 position groups to touch the field is better than a guy whos likely to be on the All Big-10 Team

BTW I think all of those guys at some point will be really good. Douglass needs to move to linebacker to play.

Yeah. Like I'm thrilled to engage with someone hanging off WRs short and curlies.

There's a difference between playing on a team that obviously sucks, and playing for a team full of veteran players that have actually had some success. There's also a big difference between that conference and this one. I hope he really is your wet dream in a UK uniform.

I like the 50-55% run as long as the passing game is successful and productive. No more throwing 25 times for 78 yards.
I'd love to see the offense where our leading running back (C-Rod) goes for 1000 yards. Back up running backs account for another 900 or so yards between Smoke, Tisdale, and McClain. With another 150 to WRs on jet motion sweeps.
Our QB throws for 3000-3500 yards with about 25 TDs.
Top WR goes for nearly 1000 yards. Next WRs go for 500-750 yards. Spread the passing game around so defenses can't key off on 1 WR.
If the formations, motions, and misdirection works, this could be a very good offense. With a solid defense, won't need to average 50 points to win games. If the offense averages 10-14 more points per game, we will be a very solid football team.

That’s 525 yards of offense per game lol. That would put us 5th in the nation, just ahead of Alabama. That’d be a hell of a turn around

Reactions: GG24 and TIE543
Yeah. Like I'm thrilled to engage with someone hanging off WRs short and curlies.

There's a difference between playing on a team that obviously sucks, and playing for a team full of veteran players that have actually had some success. There's also a big difference between that conference and this one. I hope he really is your wet dream in a UK uniform.
WE sucked......what on gods green earth are you talking about
Its okay to be wrong baby boy calm down you'll be okay

Matt Jones hinted Ali might come back too... Ali with Robinson and then WR coming in such as Crowdus and Lewis to go with Rodriguez could be VERY dynamic.

Reactions: ryanbruner
Matt Jones hinted Ali might come back too... Ali with Robinson and then WR coming in such as Crowdus and Lewis to go with Rodriguez could be VERY dynamic.
And..... Crumes, Cummings, Derennen, Magwood, Branham, and Branham. the position is getting a boost, however the Robinson deal works out.

Reactions: THE_OAK
As long as that is a dream and not an expectation. Corn said he has a run first philosophy and would expect to run 50-55% of the time. Forcing the defense to defend the run, then using shifts, motion and tempo to confuse the defense and allow short-mid catches in space and let the speedy receivers make plays. No one is throwing for 5000 yds.
You just described my dream offense form the get go. No need to throw it all over the field out of the pocket. Just get the ball to playmakers in SPACE and make the defense cover and tackle them. And use tempo to get your guys on their toes and the defense on their heels. Thats what Mumme did.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I really think Tisdale has been lost in the shuffle so far but may thrive in Coen's system. Not a lot of touches because CRod and smoke has to get theirs but Coen likes to get it to guys like that in space and i loved him since the start and think its a shame he hasnt had a chance to show what he has. Think Gran thought the same thing just couldnt find space for him in his offense. Think we may see it spread out among three or four guys next year on the ground with McClain figuring in as well.

Wandale has been good but not great his two years at Nebraska. I looked up his stats, and he only had 1 touchdown this year. Number of receptions and yds per game look pretty good. Also looks like they've been using him in the Wildcat quite a bit. Has some decent rushing numbers. He's exactly what we need though, a speedy slot receiver that can create separation and get open down the field.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
That’s 525 yards of offense per game lol. That would put us 5th in the nation, just ahead of Alabama. That’d be a hell of a turn around

Unless my math is off, that would be 2050 rushing yards and 3500 passing on the high end. That adds up to 5550 yards of total offense on the regular season. Divide that by the 12 games equals 462 yards per game. About 171 rushing and 291 passing. Not sure we will pass for that much. But just ballpark guessing while at work.
Still, this is not 525.

ADVERTISEMENT