ADVERTISEMENT

Rumblings within the program

I mean, yeah, that would be great and all…but 4-5 FFs in 6 years? That isn’t happening in this era of college bball. I also don’t trust Cal’s system to continually produce results like we saw from 10-17.

I think too many coaches overstay their welcome and don’t know when to hang them up. If he pulls this group to a second title, take it and go off to the next journey in life.
I think if we recruit like this and keep an offensive production at the level before last week it’s possible. With the level of talent you can get from the portal as well. It’s gonna be hard but I think Cal could keep us at that level right now if he does the right things.

Reactions: WeWant9
You could also say we're currently tied for second only 0.5 games out of first. But you do you, whatever makes you miserable I guess.
yyc67MS.png

I think if we recruit like this and keep an offensive production at the level before last week it’s possible. With the level of talent you can get from the portal as well. It’s gonna be hard but I think Cal could keep us at that level right now if he does the right things.
I see your point, but this probably one of those things where we agree to disagree ha.

But we can agree on one thing right now, win the damn title this year!

• Love
Reactions: Fox2monk
In the past 10 years, we have finished 4 times not first or second in the conference. That includes 8th place in 20-21. We are currently tied for 5th place in the conference this year...
Tied for 5th??? You mean tied for 3rd and 1/2 game out of 2nd. MSU, LSU and A&M are tied for 5th my man.

Why would you think that. There are lots of great players who would die to play at UK. Nearly every coach in America would die for the UK job. We are UK not U-Cal
Why would I think what? That the current players would leave? They always leave under Cal. That the recruits would pull their commitment? Because that generally happens when the coach that recruited them leaves. That we'd have to go to the portal? Because it would be too late in the recruiting cycle to bring in high school players.

Tied for 5th??? You mean tied for 3rd and 1/2 game out of 2nd. MSU, LSU and A&M are tied for 5th my man.
Never thought I would live to see the day UKBB fans would have to argue whether we are tied for 3rd or tied for 5th place in the SEC.

What difference does it make. If you are not in first place does it really matter whether you are 3rd or 5th???

Both places are unacceptable for this program.

I don't usually jump down a posters throat for making a post here. I try not to....

but I'm making an exception here. Maybe it gets me temp banned? I dunno ... but here goes ....

This is such complete garbage, wasting time and effort, on a post like this. A low count poster like you should know you're going to get NUKED here for writing something like that. For good reason.

This is such a load of manure. You really need to go back and crawl from the dumpster fire you came from with that kind of thinking. Believe what you want to, but you are simply wasting people's time here, and you aren't worth me writing another word at how absolutely PATHETIC this post is. Maybe you're chuckling getting a rise from people, I really dont care.

YOU SUCK for even putting this out there

- signing OUT of this thread permanently.

MODS - lock this thread and throw away the hole in the ground you put it in, please.
thank you

If he can't do it this year, then it's not happening.

A heck of a lot of coaches from the past regime are bowing out. From Saban to Jay Wright. I would not be shocked if Cal didn't want to deal with this new era of college ball.
I took Saban leaving Alabama more the result of him being 72 years old and wanting to have a life than anything to do with the transfer portal or the modern era. Same for Wright. Write wasn't as old, but he seemed like a guy who had more going for him then what play he could write up next on a dry erase board.

Calipari will still get paid by UK if he does ultimately decide to just retire, he would become an ambassador for the program.
Nobody's buying it, dude. It was a solid effort. But just like Custer at Little Big Horn, your thread is now left scalped and dying on a lonely hill with no reinforcements coming to save you.

Just let the bad "source" die with dignity at this point. You've been encircled from all sides.

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
Never thought I would live to see the day UKBB fans would have to argue whether we are tied for 3rd or tied for 5th place in the SEC.

What difference does it make. If you are not in first place does it really matter whether you are 3rd or 5th???

Alright do this for me. Go figure out how many times UK has been 1 game out of first in the SEC after playing 7 games. I'm guessing it's been a lot. Let's wait for the season to end before we starting complaining about unacceptable conference performances.

I took Saban leaving Alabama more the result of him being 72 years old and wanting to have a life than anything to do with the transfer portal or the modern era. Same for Wright. Write wasn't as old, but he seemed like a guy who had more going for him then what play he could write up next on a dry erase board.

You may be right, but I don't think so. I think those guys looked at what was coming and said "yeah, I'm good". I mean Alabama, from what I read, had an amazing team being setup for next year. The door was very open for them to win another title, especially with Harbaugh leaving Michigan and no one else really looking to challenge them.

I think trying to field a championship caliber team in the NIL era is just a total crap shoot at this point. And some of these coaches who already had the hardware, figure this was the perfect time to bow out. Truth be told, Saban, for as good as he was, mostly won because his teams just out talented everyone else. That sort of edge is going to be negated with NIL and the transfer portal. All the sudden there's a lot more parity.

There has been 7 conference games and UK is 1 game back. Relax

Reactions: grevey35
There has been 7 conference games and UK is 1 game back. Relax
Man, I am relaxed. I'm not the one arguing over what place we are in on January 29th.

If you are not in first place there is nothing to talk about as far as the standings go.

This is not a new phenomenon for a Cal coached team.

On the contrary.

I have become accustomed to being here. You relax. Your boy has a lifetime contract and he is not going anywhere, anytime soon, unless he chooses to leave. And, he has no place to go but home.

It is what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Midway Cat
Why would I think what? That the current players would leave? They always leave under Cal. That the recruits would pull their commitment? Because that generally happens when the coach that recruited them leaves. That we'd have to go to the portal? Because it would be too late in the recruiting cycle to bring in high school players.
I doubt the new coach would lose to St Peters or go 11-16.

Reactions: CatPhight
Plus I don’t think Cal’s accomplishments warrant that type of reverential send off.
I get that you’re here to troll, but there are what, 5 coaches with more career Final Fours?

He also ranks right in front of Coach K in all time win percentage.

So maybe not a Coach K send-off, but something fairly substantial would be well warranted.

Reactions: grevey35
Critically thinking here, if the OP’s source told him then his source has a source, and if the OP got this information from said source, then others naturally will as well, and almost no one in this business is going to sit on that information. Just my opinion.
Yes and no. On a board like this would be the perfect place to release information if you have a close friendship or something with someone who happens to hear things like a secretary, trainer, etc. People tell things to their close friends that they won't leak to a media outlet. Now the problem with this is you won't be able to name names on here without it getting back to the person and likely getting them in trouble and hurting your real life relationship. You may have some people with inside info from time to time, but there is no real mechanism for testing that information. This means it is best to assume all information like this is untrue because you will have only a handful of false negatives and the vast majority will not be true.

That all that needs to be said. When a KY basketball fan pumps their chests over 3rd place in the SEC.
No one is pumping their chest. We're providing context. How many times in the history of the program were we 1 game out of first after only playing 7 games? It's probably happened quite a bit. Let's wait until the season is over before getting our panties in a bunch.

First of all I just want to say I’m not here to spread misinformation.

With that being said I was told late last night by a source close to the program that there are some rumblings within the program about Cal stepping away after this season.

Now obviously this is subject to change, but Cal is considering stepping away, I believe the outcome of this season will ultimately be the deciding factor for him.

Many people within the program went into this season assuming it was his last but now there are some whispers within to back this up.

Again I don’t want to spread any misinformation and I trust my source. Take this for what you want.
Your info may be completely accurate. If not, at worst, it only provides grist for the rumor mill that opposing coaches might use in recruiting.

Alright do this for me. Go figure out how many times UK has been 1 game out of first in the SEC after playing 7 games. I'm guessing it's been a lot. Let's wait for the season to end before we starting complaining about unacceptable conference performances.
Not interested in how many times Yada Yada Yada.
Only interested in where we finish in the SEC standings.

I stand by my statement that 3rd or 5th place finish in the SEC is unacceptable for this program.

Ridiculous how Cal has lowered the expectations for some in this fan base. Ridiculous!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT